Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: LEFTFIELD

Default Re: LEFTFIELD

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    Did anyone post this?:

http://www.leftfieldtour.co.uk/

More US dates are coming... And forthcoming album? Forthcoming Leftfield album?
    Good fine. Like you BS, I was concerned that Coachella would be their only westside date. Looks like that isn't true. WOOT WOOT!

Now we need some Trentemoller dates and all will be right with the world.
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by chickonmytip View Post
    This is my most anticipated set of the weekend ... do you think leftfield is going to do just a DJ set or a live show?..guests vocalistts ect
    It will be a live set. Or, at least, since starting to do Leftfield dates again, it's only been live shows.

On another note... If only this happened LAST year. So that Lydon could have joined them to do Open Up. That would have been amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    It will be a live set. Or, at least, since starting to do Leftfield dates again, it's only been live shows.

On another note... If only this happened LAST year. So that Lydon could have joined them to do Open Up. That would have been amazing.
    It's not out of the realm of possibility considering that Johnny lives in LA these days. Although that being said, he's pretty much an old cantankerous geezer now and probably wouldn't be paid much for 1 song.

I'd love for this to happen tho! He still likes to play that tune for sure, even during last years tour with PiL.

Coachella 01' - 13' and still counting..... 13th year!!!! Geez, I'm getting old..

Leftfield is one of my must-sees on Sunday. Leftism is pretty good, a little boring in some parts though. Afrika Shox is one of my favorite songs ever, and the video is awesome.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

<- obviously thrilled

Quote Originally Posted by jtovar21 View Post
    It's not out of the realm of possibility considering that Johnny lives in LA these days. Although that being said, he's pretty much an old cantankerous geezer now and probably wouldn't be paid much for 1 song.

I'd love for this to happen tho! He still likes to play that tune for sure, even during last years tour with PiL.
    It wouldn't surprise me, although PiL did it as their final song to close the Outdoor on Friday last year, so maybe he'd feel like he was repeating himself. I would think Neil would've asked him, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    Actually, maybe Leftfield will get The Orb spot as such they did in 09?

*I guess it will depend on how "serious" that posted time slot from their myspace.
    the orb in 09 was so depressing. the tent filled with candy ravers and teeny-hipsters. after 5 minutes it was almost less than half capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
    I think Chromeo will be on the outdoor this year. And you guys really think Sven will play that early? Look where he is billed.
    I wish Chromeo would play in the parking lot and get run over by an inattentive driver or 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

leftfields billing is wack, coming all the way from UK, pioneers of vocal electronica, peers like crystal method calling them one of the best electronic bands, recently headlining Rockness and playing mainstage at electric picknic and billed under neon trees and blood beetroots? where is the justification

You're in America... welcome

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

<---- Still pumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    after 5 minutes it was almost less than half capacity.
    Which was great for the rest of us who felt like dancing and losing our minds.

I would love a half-empty tent for Leftfield for the same reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

I've listened to Live at Homelands 2000 a couple of times over the past few days (it's perfect road-trip music) and I'm sold. I'm a little worried about conflicts that day (DFA 1979, PJ Harvey, and The National), but if Leftfield closes the Sahara then I think I should be ok.

Does anyone know if they still regularly drop Afrika Shox in their sets. It's not necessary, I suppose, but I really liked the Inspection (Check One)/Afrika Shox back to back. And Black Flute. I'm sure whatever they play will be good, though.

Didn't even know who Leftfield was until I stumbled upon this thread. I watched a live performance on you tube and they quickly sky rocketed to my can't miss for anything list. Whatever set time Leftfield has I know there won't be a conflict because I am going to be at that set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qHaCBK7dbA
    Last edited by cman1098; 02-07-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: added video

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    I've listened to Live at Homelands 2000 a couple of times over the past few days (it's perfect road-trip music) and I'm sold. I'm a little worried about conflicts that day (DFA 1979, PJ Harvey, and The National), but if Leftfield closes the Sahara then I think I should be ok.

Does anyone know if they still regularly drop Afrika Shox in their sets. It's not necessary, I suppose, but I really liked the Inspection (Check One)/Afrika Shox back to back. And Black Flute. I'm sure whatever they play will be good, though.
    Africa Shox has always been a staple of their live performances and I'd be shocked if they didn't play it at coachella, even with what's likely to be a shortened set.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Africa Shox has always been a staple of their live performances and I'd be shocked if they didn't play it at coachella, even with what's likely to be a shortened set.
    Good show, Jeff.

This is good news, thanks for the feedback. This set would be a great way to end the weekend. I'm down with whatever they play. But, for whatever reason, I couldn't stop jamming Afrika Shox on my drive from Phoenix to Albuquerque.

I'd never heard of them until I started checking out the lineup...now they are definately a Do Not Miss!!

The crowd's energy looks AMAZING!!! Every single video that I watch, the crowd is going bananas!!! I'm gonna have to check them out!!

From leftfield facebook "Hi Everyone Sorry that I have been so absent recently on Facebook. I have been rehearsing like mad for our Australian tour and the coachella concert. However I have been looking in to keep an eye on things. I have to say that the band are well excited about the Future music tour. we will smash it I promise........neil"

I enjoy dancing in a crazy manner. However, I believe I will be one upping myself during this show. especially during Afro-Left. I cannot wait

They played Africa shox close to last at creamfields last year. Oh and the tent was almost empty with tiesto playing on the main stage. Yuk.

Gutted just found out that I can't go to Coachella now but on the plus side just bought tickets to see Leftfield in New York on the 19th!

Is anyone else going?

http://www.bowerypresents.com/event/6011

Yes.

The lack of excitement for Leftfield strikes as being indicative of the shift in attendee demographics. Kind of sad.

Also, these guys are going to be phenomenal.

Argghhhh. I need a Chicago or Movement set.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    The lack of excitement for Leftfield strikes as being indicative of the shift in attendee demographics. Kind of sad.
    I felt that way when I noticed how empty the sahara tent was during orbital.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Argghhhh. I need a Chicago or Movement set.
    SUPPORT
    Rhythm is a dancer.

So before Jonsi last year my boyfriend and I met a group of 4 (3 guys, 1 girl), who kindly shared their joint. They told me that they had all been to every single Coachella, and I tried to convince them to see Plastikman instead of Thom Yorke. Then one of the guys and I talked emphatically about how awesome it would be if Leftfield came and shocked the Sahara. I don't know if anyone in that group uses or reads the boards....but if so.....LEFTFIELD!!!

This shit better be so fucking loud.

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I felt that way when I noticed how empty the sahara tent was during orbital.
    It was pretty ridiculous. I rushed over from the outdoor 5 mins before Orbital came on. I was able to get 5 rows back from the front with neigh a push or shove.

thestripe

I'm so fucking behind around here. I had no clue who this was, but I've been going through this thread, and I will be there for this.