Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: LEFTFIELD

Default Re: LEFTFIELD

I fell in love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

Ok. Let's talk about this set.

I wasn't there. I'm downloading sin's recording right now. It sort of kills me that I wasn't there, because I could've just left when The Strokes were over and still seen at least 1/2 of their set. I'm a retard. I decided to stick around for Kanye, because I thought somehow he would make up for not having seen Jay-Z last year. Not that I regret watching Fever Ray or anything, but that's another story entirely. I was disappointed with Kanye's show, and a lot of the reason why is because I had to miss Leftfield.

But, here's the thing...and keep in mind that I'm saying this as I'm downloading the recording, and I haven't heard it yet or anything... the set list that I've seen... meh. I mean don't get me wrong, it sounds like they did most of Leftism, and that's super rad.. but no Swords? no Dusted?

Maybe the setlist I got was just shitty, and when I listen to it, I will be blown away and even more sad about missing the set... time will tell I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

it was a festival set....bet regular shows get into deeper cuts. but for an audience like that, play your hits within the short time span you have.

i was blown away. i didn't really know them before coachella, but you can bet i'll be adding all their albums to my collection and putting them on heavy rotation.
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11
    Lollapalooza 95, 96, 97, 03, 08
    Rock The Bells 07, 09, 10
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows
    6/9 - Deftones/Dillenger | 6/10 - Cake | 6/17 - Buckethead | 6/28 - Glitch Mob | 7/25 - APC | 7/30 - LA Rising (Rage, Muse, Lauryn Hill, Rise Against) | 8/12 - Cut//Copy

What an absolutely perfect end to the Mojave domination/trifecta for me starting with Trentemoller=>Ratatat! Couldn't stop dancing, amazing crowd vibes, room to dance, cool desert breeze, guest vocalists, and nothing short of sick song after sick song. Also recognized and talked to one of the guys from Crystal Method, really nice chill down to earth guy. Best 3.5 hours straight of incredible electronic music all weekend, hands the eff down! Don't know how this can be beat next year but looking forward to GV trying!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sin213 View Post
    it was a festival set....bet regular shows get into deeper cuts. but for an audience like that, play your hits within the short time span you have.
    see, that's the thing though. swords and dusted are probably their biggest "hits" if you can even call it that. especially outside of leftism. but they actually went into deeper cuts from leftism instead of playing two of their biggest singles. that was sort of my point to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

my favorite set of the weekend as well...afroleft was insane..wish there was a longer set though. swords would have been perfect

Let's get electrofied, Let's get electrofied

Quote Originally Posted by DANCE MAGIC View Post
    see, that's the thing though. swords and dusted are probably their biggest "hits" if you can even call it that. especially outside of leftism. but they actually went into deeper cuts from leftism instead of playing two of their biggest singles. that was sort of my point to begin with.
    Well I think with my videos, sins recording, and some help from people on youtube, we can easily top the fever ray dvd you made and you won't feel as bad

I have a 2 vids plus a 34 minute video of their set that youtube won't let me upload because its over the max file size. But, I'll get it to you soon. Someone just needs to collect some footage from youtube to fill in the gaps and we'll have the makings of a great DVD.

OH YEAH......

Neil Barnes is very pleased to say that he is working on new material for a forthcoming album - http://www.leftfieldtour.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by ELECtROjan View Post
    Let's get electrofied, Let's get electrofied
    z-u-l-u

Quote Originally Posted by DANCE MAGIC View Post
    swords and dusted are probably their biggest "hits" if you can even call it that. especially outside of leftism. but they actually went into deeper cuts from leftism instead of playing two of their biggest singles. that was sort of my point to begin with.
    I'd say "Open Up" is obviously their biggest hit - they didn't play that either. Look on the bright side, I heard Kanye played all of his hits. Was it a perfect, transcendent experience like Leftfield's set? Probably not, but hits none the less.

They played Black Flute, Space Shanty, and Phat Space and they were all fucking awesome....no room to complain about anything. Best set on Sunday for sure.

From the sounds of it, I think Dance Magic is trying to convince himself he did not miss one of the best sets of the weekend. Unfortunately, he did. Sorry dude.
    For your health

old school

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    I'd say "Open Up" is obviously their biggest hit - they didn't play that either.
    nope, we heard that song on the polo field last year

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Well I think with my videos, sins recording, and some help from people on youtube, we can easily top the fever ray dvd you made and you won't feel as bad

I have a 2 vids plus a 34 minute video of their set that youtube won't let me upload because its over the max file size. But, I'll get it to you soon. Someone just needs to collect some footage from youtube to fill in the gaps and we'll have the makings of a great DVD.
    link to said Fever Ray dvd please?

and very, VERY much looking forward to this Leftfield project..wow
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

so apparently this was their first show in the US?

http://www.inlandsocal.com/iguide/mu...es.5612e5.html

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Seems like they would have played a few gigs in NYC or something when they were in full-swing a decade ago... interesting.

I love it. From the Leftfield Twitter account...

Still got my Coachella wrist band on. Sort of become part of me recently
    He was very complimentary of the festival overall.
    For your health

He's been responding to pretty much every single person that writes him and he seems to have loved the crowd and the performance. I'd be shocked if Leftfield didn't come back and do another round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

That makes me so fucking happy to see. I had a really tough time leaving their set to meet my friends. Want to see a full set from them, because what I did see blew me away.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    I love it. From the Leftfield Twitter account...
    Still got my Coachella wrist band on. Sort of become part of me recently
    He was very complimentary of the festival overall.
    Seems to be a consensus that anyone involved in Coachella 2011 realizes they were a part of something very special, even by Coachella standards.

/sappy but true

Strokes end. I make my way to the mojave. Cool, Leftfield is still on. Next insert the word, "WOW" but say it however a wild jungle animal says it. Afterwards, my first thought, "That surprise just completely balanced out the 1/2 a Chemical Brothers set."

Great videos! Was really sad I missed this set but good to be able to relive it form home.
    That which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music - Aldous Huxley

Hooked since '06

Check my latest music video

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Seems to be a consensus that anyone involved in Coachella 2011 realizes they were a part of something very special, even by Coachella standards.

/sappy but true
    I always wonder if the artists view performing at Coachella as just another workday to them. Festival appearances probably blur into each other after awhile.
    Glad to see a lot of bands like Leftfield, Trentmoller and Presets that seem as genuinely excited as the fans.
    I totally made all the right decisions on Sunday, woohoo!

My set of the festival. Every direction I looked, people were getting the fuck down. The crowd gave off such a wonderful old-school ravey vibe, with each person enjoying his/her pocket of space and make full use of it. The urge to dance was palpable for me. Sure many of you felt the same way.

^True this. i saw the 90's come alive again. Saw more than a few old skool in the crowd and you could tell everyone was stoked by their get down. Hey GV, bring back Leftfield for Organic 2011 or 2012.

What really made me enjoy it was being in the front and being able to see just how much neil was enjoying it and how he was really appreciative of us as a crowd...he was feeding off our energy and in turn we were feeding off of his energy and around and around it went...I think he had as much fun as we did...

I was dancing in the back of the tent and everyone was digging it...

One of my favorite sets of the weekend...

What an amazing set on a day characterized by amazing sets...
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post

/sappy but true
    My sunday night went from duck sauce,ratatat,strokes,kanye to; duck sauce,chromeo,leftfield, the Presets....Got seperated from my first crew and met up with a crazy aussie and his GF and her friends...they promised me a night to remember with Leftfield ad the Presets...I am so stoked my night went the way it did... Leftfield and the Presets blew my mind... a weekend for the record books.

Needs to be at the top of the page:

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Monster of a closing track. Sounded really good without the MC, too. I wonder what the deal with MC Cheshire Cat was? Conspicuous by his absence for sure. If nothing else it cost us "Inspection (Check One)," usually a staple in all their gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeVee22 View Post
    My sunday night went from duck sauce,ratatat,strokes,kanye to; duck sauce,chromeo,leftfield, the Presets....Got seperated from my first crew and met up with a crazy aussie and his GF and her friends...they promised me a night to remember with Leftfield ad the Presets...I am so stoked my night went the way it did... Leftfield and the Presets blew my mind... a weekend for the record books.
    At first I was concerned that the Presets might be an underwhelming way to close the weekend following Leftfield. But the band being razor sharp + damn near perfect sound/solid visuals + the crowd going off put all that to rest halfway through the first song, even if they came on a few minutes late.