View Poll Results: Insane Clown Posse or Daft Punk?

Voters
460. You may not vote on this poll
  • Insane Clown Posse

    85 18.48%
  • Daft Punk

    375 81.52%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 239

Thread: ICP vs Daft Punk

  1. #121

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    you never heard of icp? " who's going tittttaa huntin we goin' tittttaaa huntin."
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

  2. #122
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by mysnakesashark View Post
    Haha wow, I actually thought that ICP was some kind of joke or parody of shitty music like it, but I was completely mistaken...They ARE that shitty music. Trashy people, godawful music, meaningless/embarrasing lyrics, and a hilarious identity crisis. No debate even needed, they suck.

    Daft Punk absolutely wins this

    You fail at internets today. Trashy people? It's the music industry I must have missed the upstanding citizen requirement. Meaningless and ebarrasing lyrics? How many songs have Daft Punk written? Identity crisis? Again, we are talking about entertainers who wear clown makeup and your argument is the two guys wearing robot masks are better :lol: . Identity crisis doesn't really talk about just one of them.

    You were correct no debate needed. You failed to make your point.

  3. #123
    Lurker mysnakesashark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    My bad, by trashy I meant talentless, sexist, low human beings. Their music is godawful. As far as "writing songs" goes, you can't compare the two. ICP "writes" songs about titties and bitches making them sandwiches on top of beats that even the shittiest of musicians would spit on. Daft Punk may not "write" their own songs, but I would consider creating catchy, fun dance music from past "good" music much more respectable than the putrid shit that ICP makes. DP's robot helmets are meant to be anti-celebrity and theatrical, whereas ICP seems to think they are scary and badass. What's funny though, is that they don't get the hilarious irony that people are actually laughing at how pathetic they are.

    ICP are not entertainers, they are an embarrassment. You defending them says a lot about you

  4. #124
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by mysnakesashark View Post
    My bad, by trashy I meant talentless,
    That's arguable since talent is subjective and they do have the ability to rhyme and perform on stage.

    sexist,
    nooo, rappers are sexist?

    low human beings. Their music is godawful.
    low? They aren't musicians either. Taste is subjective.



    As far as "writing songs" goes, you can't compare the two. ICP "writes" songs about titties and bitches making them sandwiches on top of beats that even the shittiest of musicians would spit on. Daft Punk may not "write" their own songs, but I would consider creating catchy, fun dance music from past "good" music much more respectable than the putrid shit that ICP makes.
    Subjective. You can't dispute that ICP has more writing talent. You failed.

    DP's robot helmets are meant to be anti-celebrity and theatrical, whereas ICP seems to think they are scary and badass. What's funny though, is that they don't get the hilarious irony that people are actually laughing at how pathetic they are.
    Maybe. Maybe, they are laughing all the way to the bank. Maybe you are completely making up why they wear face paint. You don't know them and it's silly to assume especially in a hypythetical argument about a battle between robots and clowns and who one likes better. They both hide behind masks. End of story.

    ICP are not entertainers, they are an embarrassment. You defending them says a lot about you
    Really? What does it say about me? If they are embarassing themselves that type of stuff goes over huge. I love the jackass movies. They certainly don't embarass me and they absolutley are entertainers. Their goal is to entertain and they sell out shows everywhere entertaining people. Just because you don't enjoy that type of fare doesn't mean that millions of other people aren't entertained by them.

  5. #125
    old school Cdubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hanford, CA
    Posts
    3,259

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    ICP sounds like music made for angry white trash

    July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

  6. #126
    Lurker mysnakesashark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    faxman, anyone can talk in circles and say everything is subjective so I'm not finding that at all convincing, especially when ICP is considered one of the worst bands (if not THE worst) of ALL TIME by most respectable sources. My grandmother has "the ability to rhyme and perform on stage" but that doesn't mean she deserves a recording contract, so that's a bullshit argument. It's pretty funny that you even call ICP "rappers" when they make a mockery of rap. Worst of all, they represent entertainment that promotes hate and stupidity in a world where we can't handle any more. They don't have writing talent, YOU have failed. I gave them a chance and listened to several songs, but while listening to such gems as "Red Neck Hoe", "Fuck Your Rebel Flag", "Swallow This Nut", "Bitch Splappaz", "Birthday Bitches", "Fuck Off", "Fuck The World", and "I Stab People", talent was not a word that came to mind. No, you're right, I don't know them, thank god, and I could care less what else they do in their soon to be non-existent career. I'm embarrassed of our society if this kind of shit "goes over huge" like you say. Bringing Jackass into your argument is irrelevant and just makes you look dumb and immature. Go crack a beer, paint your face, turn on some wrestling (which might actually include ICP), be really degrading to women, and just blast some some wonderful wonderful "Swallow This Nut"...what a cool thing that would be!

    If this thread is actually just about clowns vs. robots, then absolutely robots. I hate clowns. Oh, woops, that's subjective and that's not allowed, my bad (smiley face smiley face lol lol lol).

  7. #127
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by mysnakesashark View Post
    faxman, anyone can talk in circles and say everything is subjective so I'm not finding that at all convincing, especially when ICP is considered one of the worst bands (if not THE worst) of ALL TIME by most respectable sources.
    No one is talking in circles. You are making awful arguments and trying to support something subjective like musical taste. This thread is simply a popularity contest, like all art is and you say dumb shit. If ICP is considered the worst band by most respectable sources then those "sources" aren't respectable. ICP by their own admission isn't a band and they rap and they entertain. That's it. What respectable sources are you even talking about? I bet you can't even find a mention of them on pitchfork. You are making stuff up and getting called out. That's how you fail at internets!


    My grandmother has "the ability to rhyme and perform on stage" but that doesn't mean she deserves a recording contract, so that's a bullshit argument.
    Now we are debating who deserves a recording contract? HA! You lose again. If the music industry was based entirely on who YOU thought deserved a recording contract it would be a whole different ball game. That's why music is subjective. Duh. I fail to see what argument was bullshit.

    It's pretty funny that you even call ICP "rappers" when they make a mockery of rap.
    In your opinion. Maybe they make a mockery of rap maybe rap is a fucking mockery and is sexist. They simply are rappers. That's it. We can debate all day if they suck at it or not but that's what they do. It's a fact. In fact some rappers find them entertaining as well and appear on their albums. Old Dirty Bastard did before he died. Slash was on one of their albums. I believe they have one platinum album and 4 gold albums. Not bad for a couple of guys who don't claim to be the second coming and are simply entertainers. Critics can do or say what they want, just like you can but no one can force people to buy and album. That's a lot of fucking album sales. If you were a smarter person you would have simply said you thought daft punk was better because they have sold more albums which they have. Instead you chose to look silly and debate talent.

    Worst of all, they represent entertainment that promotes hate and stupidity in a world where we can't handle any more.
    So any artist that raps or sings about racism and sexism is preaching hate? You are so lost. You already lost that argument. Rappers sing about shooting up cops and fucking bitches all the time. These are characters in songs, this does not mean the artist hates women and cops or promotes hate. You lose this argument as well because nothing ICP raps about is ground breaking or any more extreme than any other hip hop artist. You must not listen to hip hop.

    They don't have writing talent, YOU have failed.
    This was already discussed. Daft Punk doesn't do any writing. So, the fact that ICP raps and writes their own raps, means they have more talent in the area of writing.

    No, you're right, I don't know them, thank god, and I could care less what else they do in their soon to be non-existent career.
    People have been saying ICP's career was dead before they even got the gold and platinum records lol. They ain't going anywhere.


    I'm embarrassed of our society if this kind of shit "goes over huge" like you say. Bringing Jackass into your argument is irrelevant and just makes you look dumb and immature.
    No, because you failed to communicate as usual that you meant an embarrassment to society. It does go over huge as record sales have made them a success. Now if you said listening to ICP was kind of immature, you would have a better argument but instead you say things like I look dumb and immature. LOL.


    If this thread is actually just about clowns vs. robots, then absolutely robots. I hate clowns. Oh, woops, that's subjective and that's not allowed, my bad (smiley face smiley face lol lol lol).
    It's allowed. YOu are allowed to say anything. Using your subjective taste to make an argument isn't going to get you far though. I love and hate things all the time. My argument is just a bit more intelligent than 'I hate the color blue...cuz...it sucks'.

  8. #128
    Member jonnypark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Red Neck Oil City Alberta
    Posts
    964

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    Sounds like somebody struck a nerve with this whole insane clown posse thing.

  9. #129
    Member Heresy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    Oh this is a no brainer...Daft Punk all the fucking way.

  10. #130
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    I love that ICP has 18% of the vote.

    Way higher than I would have predicted. The only thing I love more is the fact that so many Daft fans are getting offended.

  11. #131
    Lurker mysnakesashark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    I love that you're in your 30s and listen to ICP...hahaha

  12. #132
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    You fail again. I haven't listened in about 8 or 9 years. Good call though.

  13. #133
    Lurker mysnakesashark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    sorry, mid 20s listening to ICP is still hilarious. Before you take it down a few more years, let's just say if you are above 14 and not white trash, it's funny for you to listen to ICP

  14. #134
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    Lets just say your entire argument has been reduced to nada.

    Yes, it was fun and funny listening to ICP in my 20's. I have tons of stuff I used to listen to that would be funny. I'm quite sure we all had guilty pleasures at one time or another. That's far from the point of this thread.

    You've been schooled son, now run along.

  15. #135
    Member FireOfDecember's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Davis
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    Ive never actually heard ICP...
    But if their logo with the clown running with an axe is any indication of their musical qualities, than Id rather listen to creed.
    "I like when good things happen to me, but I wait two weeks to tell anyone because I like to use the word ‘fortnight.’" - D.M.

  16. #136
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    Maybe they should change their name to "symbol" like Prince.

  17. #137

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    I like the fact that 40 people actually voted for insane clown posse.
    "We're on a mission from God"

    ----Elwood Blues

  18. #138

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    should there even be a poll?

    we all knew who would take this is like pitting predetor vs micky mouse
    hang the fucking d.j.

  19. #139
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    Of course there should be a poll. This is a passionate argument. This isn't even close the electoral landslide Reagan won by in 1984.

  20. #140
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,727

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by Cdubby View Post
    ICP sounds like music made for angry white trash
    It is. I'm pretty sure Faygo must be laced with crystal meth.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  21. #141
    Lurker dashJdot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    Todd 'the God' Edwards?
    He likes ICP more than Daft Punk? WEIIIRD

  22. #142
    Member thatfinkleygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Posts
    459

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    This is the silliest poll I've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    well....we can blame Murdoc a LITTLE

  23. #143
    Member brokendesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    61

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Hell they helped restore my faith in God if you can belive that...
    hahahahahahah.....im sorry but..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Well at least they didnt tell you to run around offing people with axes.

  24. #144
    Member ToddThaGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    philly
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    putting helmets on makes you anti-celebrity? lol stupid daft punk fans. I think its HILARIOUS how daft punk tries to act all mysterious and try to keep their identity unrevealed. Some people say they are media-shy...i just say they are bunch of ugly french pussies.*And by the way didn't Daft Punk originally call themselves ' Darlin' ' ? Pretty fucking queer if you ask me.i love coming back on these boards a year later just to see pussy electronic fans defend a bunch of FAGS

    C-R-Y

    :`(
    What happen if someone make a crime?

  25. #145

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    wait does someone here like ICP?

  26. #146
    Member ToddThaGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    philly
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    wait does someone here dress up like a robot?

    ...fagit
    Last edited by ToddThaGod; 01-07-2008 at 04:22 PM. Reason: cuz hes a fagit.
    What happen if someone make a crime?

  27. #147

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by ToddThaGod View Post
    wait does someone here dress up like a robot?

    ...fagit
    You are either in middle school/high school or share a trailer and bed with your cousin...


    or both.

  28. #148
    Member brokendesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    61

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by ToddThaGod View Post
    Some people say they are media-shy...i just say they are bunch of ugly french pussies.*And by the way didn't Daft Punk originally call themselves ' Darlin' ' ?

    :`(
    ill tell you this for a bunch of french pussies i bet they get more of it than you do.

  29. #149
    Member thatfinkleygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Posts
    459

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by ToddThaGod View Post
    ...fagit
    If you're going to insult someone using a homophobic slur, at least learn how to spell the slur properly first. It's "******," not "fagit."
    Last edited by thatfinkleygirl; 01-07-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: because even though ToddThaGod edited his post, he still spelled "faggot" wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    well....we can blame Murdoc a LITTLE

  30. #150
    Member brokendesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    61

    Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by thatfinkleygirl View Post
    If you're going to insult someone using a homophobic slur, at least learn how to spell the slur properly first. It's "******," not "fagit."
    i don't think that was a mistake hes just utilizing his hick dialect, i bet he uses terms like git er done!!! and so forth..

Similar Threads

  1. Daft Punk added as of Feb 7th...
    By All That I Am in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 08:27 PM
  2. Daft Punk: robots?
    By bballarl in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-19-2009, 10:06 AM
  3. DAFT PUNK?
    By Suffacated in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 07:09 PM
  4. Daft Punk Does The Charleston
    By shotglass75 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 06:07 AM
  5. Daft Punk...
    By Vericuester in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-08-2007, 03:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •