View Poll Results: Insane Clown Posse or Daft Punk?

Voters
460. You may not vote on this poll
  • Insane Clown Posse

85 18.48%
  • Daft Punk

375 81.52%
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ICP vs Daft Punk

Hybrid View

Default ICP vs Daft Punk

This is the battle royle of the battles.

q
    What happen if someone make a crime?

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

OOh this thread is better we have a poll now!!!

Winner takes on Ragerrrr grrrr!!!

Alleged Juggalo Crime

Because of a connection with gang violence, many younger members of the subculture are prohibited from wearing ICP paraphernalia while at school. This scrutiny may not be entirely unwarranted, as there have been numerous incidents with Juggalos committing violent acts, though there is no independent evidence linking music with violence or crime.[4] As the public face of the Juggalo subculture, Psychopathic Records and Insane Clown Posse have repeatedly denounced violence within the fandom. Much of the crimes including murders have also been noted by Alex Abiss (former Psychopathic CEO) as being just crazy individuals finding an excuse for the actions.

* On February 1, 2006, alleged Juggalo Jacob D. Robida engaged in a series of hatchet attacks and a shooting spree which left three dead, including himself and a police officer. ICP has released a statement in which they revile Robida's actions and extended their condolences to the families of his victims.
    * Between June 18 and June 20 2006, more attacks involving Juggalos, some wearing the clown makeup, were reported by the Seattle Times.[5]
    * During the nights of June 19 and 20th, 2006, another series of attacks by Juggalos left nearly two dozen injured. The group, armed with a machete, attacked, robbed, and threatened to decapitate visitors to Fort Steilacoom Park in Tacoma, Washington, shouting "Woo! Woo! Juggalo!" Seven suspects have been arrested, and three have been charged with assault and robbery.[6]
    * On August 11, 2006 Two Wasson High School students were suspended for spray painting ICP logos on the walls of their Colorado Springs, CO high school. Six other students were also suspended for protesting the previous suspensions.[7]
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Wow random acts of violence! Marilyn Manson caused Columbine too!!

Garth Brooks caused MISSION: IRAQI FREEDOM!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

That fucker!

European soccer causes mass riots on a regular basis.

And the French take a commanding lead......

Daft Punk would lob the heads off all ICP fans with their deadly robot army and insane set.

Never heard of either of them but "Insane Clown Posse" sounds like a great name for a pair of idiots, so they win.
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

The four meth addicts who voted for ICP need to be permabanned from IRL.

Banned

Haha.

E

I nearly fainted at the news of Daft Punk playing coachella, and cried during their performance.

Yet I chose ICP because they really helped me out through the 4 shitty years of high school I went through, and I belive I came out a better person in the end. A big part of that is because of them. Yes on the surface they look like idiots with face paint and foul lyrics. But if you truly get them, they are alot more than that. Hell they helped restore my faith in God if you can belive that...

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Hell they helped restore my faith in God if you can belive that...
    hahahahahahah.....im sorry but..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Well at least they didnt tell you to run around offing people with axes.

But if you truly get them, they are alot more than that. Hell they helped restore my faith in God if you can belive that...
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendesign View Post
    hahahahahahah.....im sorry but..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Well at least they didnt tell you to run around offing people with axes.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010...christians-god

This article is actually kind of sad if you actually get through it, ill paraphrase some

Their first band, Inner City Posse, was without clown make-up. They were gangsta rappers, and consequently found themselves behaving in a gangster-like manner. In 1989, Violent J was jailed for 90 days for death threats, robbery and violating probation. When he got out, he and Shaggy made some life-defining decisions. How could they keep their rap career going but move away from the destructive gang lifestyle? How could they change the band's name but keep the initials ICP? People liked the initials ICP.

And then it came to them in a flash: Insane Clown Posse! Killer clown rap! It was the perfect outlet for their emotions. Write about the pain and the anger through the prism of horror-movie imagery. A whole new genre.
    Violent J explained himself unapologetically to a New Jersey newspaper: "You have to speak their language. You have to interest them, gain their trust, talk to them and show you're one of them. You're a person from the street and you speak of your experiences. Then at the end you can tell them: God has helped me."
    In regards to Miracles:
    "Did you anticipate this kind of reaction?" I ask them.

"No," sighs Violent J. "I figured most people would say, 'Wow, I didn't know Insane Clown Posse could be deep like that.' But instead it's, 'ICP said a giraffe is a miracle. Ha ha ha! What a bunch of idiots.'" He pauses, then adds defiantly, "A giraffe is a fucking miracle. It has a dinosaur-like neck. It's yellow. Yeah, technically an elephant is not a miracle. Technically. They've been here for hundreds of years…"

"Thousands," murmurs Shaggy.

"Have you ever stood next to an elephant, my friend?" asks Violent J. "A fucking elephant is a miracle. If people can't see a fucking miracle in a fucking elephant, then life must suck for them, because an elephant is a fucking miracle. So is a giraffe."
    Blender magazine, in its list of the 50 worst artists in music history, call ICP the very worst of all: "Insane Clown Posse sound even stupider than they look. Two trailer-trash types who wear face paint, pretend to be a street gang and drench cult devotees in cheap soda called Faygo, Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope are more notorious for their beef with Eminem than their ham-fisted rap-rock music." And their nadir, Blender said, the worst musical moment from the worst band ever, is The Wraith: Shangri-La, the album that climaxes with Thy Unveiling.

I suddenly wonder, halfway through our interview, if I am looking at two men in clown make-up who are suffering from depression. I cautiously ask them this and Violent J immediately replies. "I'm medicated," he says. "I have a lot of medicine that I take. For depression. Panic attacks are really a serious part of my life." He points at Shaggy. "He's gone through some things as well."

Shaggy nods quietly. "I get anxiety and shit a lot," he says. "And reading that stuff people write about us… It hurts."

"Least talented band in the world," Violent J says. "No talent. When I hear that I think, 'Damn. Are we that different from people?'"
    Kinda adds another/a dimension to the idea behind the facepaint.....
    Last edited by juloxx; 10-10-2010 at 05:46 PM.
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010...christians-god

This article is actually kind of sad if you actually get through it, ill paraphrase some

Kinda adds another/a dimension to the idea behind the facepaint.....
    That whole article is so quotable it's hard to pick out what parts to share without just repeating it verbatim.
    Quote Originally Posted by fancy restaurant View Post
    Although, I did attend more Slipknot concerts than any person ever really should. I remember once I told their lead singer "This is my 12th Slipknot show!" and he was just like, "Dude. Why?"
    Quote Originally Posted by cperkins9027 View Post
    Bring Aoki back next year and let him bring his friends. Open your minds and appreciate what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarOwl View Post
    That whole article is so quotable it's hard to pick out what parts to share without just repeating it verbatim.
    Here let me help...

"He shoots me a defiant look and says, "You know Miracles? Let me tell you, if Alanis Morissette had done that fucking song everyone would have called it fucking genius.""

How was that...?
    Friday
    Refused, Arctic Monkeys, EITS, M83, Amon Tobin, the Rapture, Neon Indian, Dawes, Death Grips, Other Lives, the Dear Hunter

Saturday
    Radiohead, Miike Snow, GY!BE, St. Vincent, SBTRKT, Flying Lotus, A$ap Rocky, Kaiser Chiefs, the Head and the Heart, the Vaccines, Grouplove, Gary Clark Jr, Destructo

Sunday
    Dr. Dre, ATDI, Justice, La Roux, Beirut, Shadow, Modeselektor, Dada Life, Flux Pavilion, Gotye, araabMUZIK, NOISIA, Band of Skulls, Metronomy, Fanfarlo

Hell they helped restore my faith in God if you can belive that...
    That's because they're Christians. And it shows in their lyrics, though they use a lot of metaphors and different names for the same things. When I was working at a radio station in Phoenix, the then afternoon drive jock asked ICP about the parallels in their pitch to Christianity and about some Internet rumors. The boys clammed up pretty quickly, didn't deny the connections and ended the interview shortly thereafter.

Strange but true...
    You ain't a has been if you never was.
    -QOTSA

and you're legally sane... right?

Yes. Im a normal college student studying to become a doctor. I dont think they let insane people become doctors haha.

Upcoming shows
    Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events

Im a normal college student studying to become a doctor.
    We're fucked.
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

Thumbs up Re: ICP vs Daft Punk

Yes. Im a normal college student studying to become a doctor. I dont think they let insane people become doctors haha.
    Allright man. Just making sure. I listened to some pretty awful music in Jr. High through my Sophmore year in high school, so I can't knock you for it. Nothing's worse than Neu metal, and I loved it.

wam
    bam
    thank
    you
    ma'am

old school

More like the Clown college..

arent I funny =D

oh dont be a douche lol. I listen to great music now. And I dont bash people for something they listened to as a teenager.

Upcoming shows
    Events

And I dont bash people for something they listened to as a teenager.
    Actually this is what has me worried:

I nearly fainted at the news of Daft Punk playing coachella, and cried during their performance.
    Unless you're a pediatrician or something.
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

oh dont be a douche lol. I listen to great music now. And I dont bash people for something they listened to as a teenager.
    I listened to daft punk as a teenager...homework was a pivitol summer album...and have you heard of Dr. Kavorkian??

Hahaha. ICP VS Daft Punk?
    Why even compare the two?

haha oh, no I just get really excited over things like that lol When they played One More Time, then out of nowhere stoped and played Areodynamic with my favorite part of Superheroes, and the pyramid spaceship was turning into lava I just lost it. All of that with the atmousphere of being at coachella and everyone around me having a good time, it was too much for me to handle and I lost it for a bit haha.

Upcoming shows
    Events

And for the record, im studying to be a psychiatrist. Funny huh? lol

Upcoming shows
    Events