Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

Default Re: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

Ok..I know this is not camping equipment but it is a necessary part of our camping experience. Meet "BATTER BLASTERS" organic pancakes/waffles in a spray can!

These are actually very good, very light and sort of like good sourdough pancakes and I mean seriously...what could be easier? Spray some of these on the griddle, flip them once and throw on a few fresh berries from the awesome farmers market in the camp grounds and you have an excellent Coachella breakfast! Don't forget a little whip cream, of course in a spray can, and it is even that much better!

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    Ok..I know this is not camping equipment but it is a necessary part of our camping experience. Meet "BATTER BLASTERS" organic pancakes/waffles in a spray can!

These are actually very good, very light and sort of like good sourdough pancakes and I mean seriously...what could be easier? Spray some of these on the griddle, flip them once and throw on a few fresh berries from the awesome farmers market in the camp grounds and you have an excellent Coachella breakfast! Don't forget a little whip cream, of course in a spray can, and it is even that much better!
    Yum. Where do you find this?
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched moonbeams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain...

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiDC View Post
    Yum. Where do you find this?
    We live in Oregon and Safeway has it...next to the eggs!

What are the ingredients? I can imagine that container would have a butt load of preservatives.
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    What are the ingredients? I can imagine that container would have a butt load of preservatives.
    Your search finger must be sprained:-)

Read it and weep!

Batter Blasters
    Ingredients and Nutrition
    Filtered water
    Organic wheat flour (unbleached)
    Organic cane sugar
    Organic whole egg solids
    Organic soybean powder
    Sodium lactate (lactic acid from beet sugar)
    DiCalcium phosphate (leavening agent)
    Sea salt
    Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda)
    Organic rice bran extract

Allergens: contains wheat, eggs, soy

Perishable, keep refrigerated.

Do not store above 45 degrees Farenheit.

Batter Blaster is a USDA Certified Organic and Kosher product
    Works via their CO˛ propulsion mechanism.
    Q: Can the can/packaging be recycled?
    A: Yes, the plastic caps and tips are both recyclable, as is the steel can.

Now with 3 flavors:
    Buttermilk, Organic Whole Wheat with Brown Sugar & Cinnamon and Double Chocolate

why do people think recycling makes asinine packaging OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    Oh for Petes sake, so many haters in the world! No doubt we should all make pancakes from wheat we ground ourselves and mixed in a bowl made from our own hands stirred with a stick! That gets a bit messy at Coachella with no running water, for me anyway.

I hardly think my well meant tip about easy tasty organic pancakes in a can for a camping situation is a huge statement on the ecological soundness of the packaging! I would not use them at home, but for camping the convenience is a very big plus. I am driving 17 hours to get there, have limited amount of space and one can makes about 15-20 good sized pancakes.

Please anyone that is offended by "asinine packaging" don't buy any damn pancakes in a can:-) If you can stand not being the best human being on the planet while you are eating a healthy, tasty bite of fresh strawberry or blueberry pancakes then come by our campsite and share in our decadent immorality!

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    If you can stand not being the best human being on the planet while you are eating a healthy, tasty bite of fresh strawberry or blueberry pancakes then come by our campsite and share in our decadent immorality!
    If my friend and I don't mind going to hell in a handbasket, can we drop by and partake in said decadent immorality? :P

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOnFire View Post
    If my friend and I don't mind going to hell in a handbasket, can we drop by and partake in said decadent immorality? :P
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    Why do self-righteous assholes continue to harp about environmental topics while typing on their computers made of toxic and mined products? Move out to the boonies and wear fur pelts while living off the land if you want to make a real statement hippy. He was offering a tip about a kick ass product that happens to at least attempt to have a little less impact on the environment than your average product. Also, refrain from using rhetorical questions...at best they make you look lazy; at worst they make you look stupid.

Edit: Yes, I understand the irony of that last statement.
    Last edited by GeminiDC; 03-03-2011 at 09:07 AM.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched moonbeams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain...

Do fantastic boxer briefs count as camping equipment?

I have long considered good boxer briefs to be important Coachella equipment and these are the best I've found. They breathe and hold form well, reduce chafing, wick away sweat and help fight odor. They also dry very quickly.

Yes, they are expensive (even with the sales on some sizes/color options they're $20 a pair) but they really are that much better than the next best I've tried (Fruit of the Loom boxer briefs, at around four pair for that price.)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

I use the Underarmor version of that. It trumps anything else that is made of cotton.
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

In all honesty, I just go commando and use baby powder or something similar. I got my 2 foldable chairs, canopy and tent from the $100 walmart deal, and I'm so stoked, such a good package.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

http://www.13deals.com/

12 LED Camouflage Indoor/Outdoor Lantern With Dimmer Control

Our Price: $7.99
    (+ $4.99 shipping)

COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

I don't know if everyone has a ShopKo, or if they have the same deals at every one, but I just got a bunch of stuff for so cheap!

Queen size air mattress for $18.

Coleman Instant Setup Screened 10' x 10' Canopy for $50

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-8012120...4_2149_2133151

Folding table with handle $25

sheets (for the mattress) $12

Was going to move on a deal at Big 5 for an EZ Up for $95, but I'm hoping this one will be ok. Has anyone tried putting their canopy over a portion of their tent? I have a big ass Swiss Gear family style tent (two screened off rooms with breezeway, kind of huge) and wondering how it will all fit for maximum shade and comfort. Any ideas? Like should I put the canopy on the door side, or the room side? or out front by the car? And are those guy lines? I hate using guy lines. People trip all over them. Center height for both is 84", just wondering if the screens are going to be a hassle, or if I should just bite it and get an EZ Up with the tent I have, invest in piping and use sheets for shade. Hmmm.
    Last edited by djbionik; 03-09-2011 at 08:59 PM.

You can put a canopy above your tent but here is the deal, most of the time you want to cook and chill under the shade, meaning a traditional 10x10 canopy wouldn't leave you room to cook/chill under the canopy because your tent is there. But you totally can if you want. I suggest using nothing with too many lines/ropes tying something down because when people get trashed and it's dark out someone can trip and they can knock down your whole set up.
    COACHELLA 2014

I know what you mean. i had a flimsy guy line canopy for 2 coachellas and it was such a hassle!

So this year I'm spending just a tiny bit more and getting a real canopy. Question is, are the screens going to be ok, or would they get in the way? The EZ Up is looking good to me because there are no guy lines and you can just attach sheets for extra shade. Then again, when else am I ever going to use it? I see myself using the screened one a lot more. Ay, but it's Coachella. A proper wind-proof/drunk-proof set up is sorta crucial.
    I've decided that the car will fit in the back, adjacent the tent, getting out will be a bitch, and the canopy at the end of the tent. I'm hoping for a spot on the north side so the canopy will give the site shade instead of the grass aisle. that would suck.

any new canopy deals out there? still searching!

Quote Originally Posted by who8me2k7 View Post
    We bought a really sturdy 10x30 event canopy on Craigslist for $100.00 just in case my parachute canopy does not work out. Don't know where you live but if you have a Craigslist it is a shot in the dark but good deals can be found. In Portland, OR I found about 7 or 8 smaller ones for good deals. Just a thought:-)

Quote Originally Posted by who8me2k7 View Post
    $60 canopy is pretty much the best you'll get

Most places are having canopys on sale for that cheap, Dick's, Sport Chalet both had $60 canopy.

Harbor Freight is having a sale next week and they will be $60 as well.

(for 10x10) Or you can get a canopy like the guy posted early where like a tent canopy and walmart has those for $40
    COACHELLA 2014

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    I know what you mean. i had a flimsy guy line canopy for 2 coachellas and it was such a hassle!

So this year I'm spending just a tiny bit more and getting a real canopy. Question is, are the screens going to be ok, or would they get in the way? The EZ Up is looking good to me because there are no guy lines and you can just attach sheets for extra shade. Then again, when else am I ever going to use it? I see myself using the screened one a lot more. Ay, but it's Coachella. A proper wind-proof/drunk-proof set up is sorta crucial.
    I've decided that the car will fit in the back, adjacent the tent, getting out will be a bitch, and the canopy at the end of the tent. I'm hoping for a spot on the north side so the canopy will give the site shade instead of the grass aisle. that would suck.
    No way man, EZ ups get used all the time. Any family event, any camping/outing event they totally get use (in my world at least)

I highly suggest the EZ up just because it's well... easy. The screens are fine it's just a hassle to go in and out constantly, but the upside is you can get a lock for the screens and just put your ice chest, etc. in there.

I'm worried with the screen/tent canopys, the heat will get trapped and it won't be very cool in there.
    COACHELLA 2014

I'm still needing a canopy as well. Trying to find a good one under $80 that isn't so heavy it'll bog my luggage down at the airport is like trying to pin a tail on a donkey after downing a bottle of Patrón.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Do fantastic boxer briefs count as camping equipment?
    Damn it...I may actually consider picking some of these up. I just bought some of the premium Hanes ones just for Coachella. The fabric is fantastic, but I'm not sure the fit is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    I'm still needing a canopy as well. Trying to find a good one under $80 that isn't so heavy it'll bog my luggage down at the airport is like trying to pin a tail on a donkey after downing a bottle of Patrón.
    Your best bet is to get a tent canopy from like Walmart (Ozark Trail) kind of like what the guy posted a pic of earlier in here (me as well) and then return it after or the festival or if I have enough cash I would buy it back from you.
    COACHELLA 2014

NEW FUCKING TENT DEAL YOU MOTHER FUCKING COCK SUCKERS!

LOVE VOGINA =)
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    NEW FUCKING TENT DEAL YOU MOTHER FUCKING COCK SUCKERS!

LOVE VOGINA =)
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camping-Bundle/14705980

$50 for a 9x8 dome tent, sleeping bag and a chair.

Doesn't get cheaper than that.

Or you get the deal I got from Walmart and get the 12x12 canopy, 2 chairs and 13x10 tent. For $100
    COACHELLA 2014

That's a great idea... will be in touch.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post

Or you get the deal I got from Walmart and get the 12x12 canopy, 2 chairs and 13x10 tent. For $100
    That is pretty cheap. Going up!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post

Did you ever find a resolution to your canopy situation?

And this is a great deal! I got a screenhouse from WalMart last year for $60, and now I feel like I got ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    That's a great idea... will be in touch.
    If you want absolutely hassle free, you could buy from Walmart.com, site to store, pick it up on your way to the fields, then return it on your way out.

If I don't get robbed, and spend what I plan on I would have some extra to buy some used camping equipment.
    COACHELLA 2014