Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

Default Re: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by moxie990 View Post
    Just FYI for anyone who actually cares about math ... 10x10 canopy = 100sq ft of coverage while 8x8 = 64sq ft. In no world is that 2/3 less coverage (the 8x8 actually provides 56.25% as much shade compared to a 10x10).

Regardless of the specific figure, for this price it's still a good deal. Unless you're only camping on one campsite, just have a buddy buy one too and then tie a tarp or sheet between the two and you'll have two canopies for the price that most good 10x10's cost.
    Just an FYI for anyone that cares about grammar, I said less than 2/3 the coverage, not 2/3 less coverage. Not sure where you got 56.25 percent, but that IS less than 2/3 coverage. Back to the math, if a 10x10 provides 100sq ft coverage, and an 8x8 provides 64sq ft, then obviously the Sierra II has 64% coverage of a 10x10 canopy. I'm just talking about about the area that will be protected from the sun, assuming it is directly overhead.
    Last edited by mischaw78; 03-26-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Another cheap "Hydration Pack" from REI. This one is a little smaller, and only holds 2L of water vs 3L. $29. If you are a member the coupon code I listed previously "MEM2013" is still good for 20% off. Free ship to store.
    http://www.rei.com/product/853144/pl...-2012-closeout

Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Hey guys, this is my first year camping... so I need a sleeping bag. My fiance wants a 2 person one. Do any of you guys have experience with these and do you like them?
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Everyones a Photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Why are EZ Ups/Shade Canaopies so fucking expensive? I've been debating if I should get one to bring with me during weekend 2 (to put over my tent and have a couple chairs under)....but I dunno. May just go without one. I think I have pretty much all camping stuff I need for both weekends this year...got the tent, new air mattress (with electric and hand pumps), couple new camping chairs, a USB Heavy Duty externa battery pack to charge phones (this thing will last over a week while charging your phone multiple times a day, awesome product). Still need to pick up a cooler, and yeah debating on the EZ up thing, and maybe a small table.
    Shade is priceless when camping at Coachella. If it were me, the first thing I would buy is a canopy.

i bought an ez up this year. ill be able to compare if it turly is necessary (probably is) versus just tentin' it at bonaroo in 2011, which was pretty brutal but doable.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    Hey guys, this is my first year camping... so I need a sleeping bag. My fiance wants a 2 person one. Do any of you guys have experience with these and do you like them?
    you can also just use regular sleeping bags and unzip them all the way to that they're more like blankets.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by mischaw78 View Post
    Just an FYI for anyone that cares about grammar, I said less than 2/3 the coverage, not 2/3 less coverage. Not sure where you got 56.25 percent, but that IS less than 2/3 coverage. Back to the math, if a 10x10 provides 100sq ft coverage, and an 8x8 provides 64sq ft, then obviously the Sierra II has 64% coverage of a 10x10 canopy. I'm just talking about about the area that will be protected from the sun, assuming it is directly overhead.
    Yea ... that was my bad, I read it quick and it just sounded like you were saying it was over 2/3 smaller. Someone pointed it out before too, so apparently it was just me who didn't understand you, haha.

If you really care to know (which you prolly don't), the 56.25 comes from calculating the difference in shade coverage in terms of a percentage (100-64 = 34 ... 34/64 = .5625 ... .5625x100 = 56.25%).

Quote Originally Posted by moxie990 View Post
    Yea ... that was my bad, I read it quick and it just sounded like you were saying it was over 2/3 smaller. Someone pointed it out before too, so apparently it was just me who didn't understand you, haha.

If you really care to know (which you prolly don't), the 56.25 comes from calculating the difference in shade coverage in terms of a percentage (100-64 = 34 ... 34/64 = .5625 ... .5625x100 = 56.25%).
    No worries! Though, I think you are over complicating things. Your bad math makes my head hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by mischaw78 View Post
    No worries! Though, I think you are over complicating things. Your bad math makes my head hurt.
    ha! it's not bad math my friend, but it is overly complicated for this situation at the end of the day! I guess that's what I get for working in finance, haha. Long story short: bring shade if you're camping!

And, to help out that person with the sleeping bag question ... you can almost always zip two sleeping bags together to make one big one if they're the same brand. I don't suggest actually sleeping IN it though but rather using it as a blanket. Unless we end up with weather like w1 last year, it's way too hot to sleep in a sleeping bag, especially with someone else.

I just picked up a 10'x10' straight-legged stake-able Coleman canopy for $99 plus tax at Walmart.

jamboree-10-x-10-shelter.jpg

EZ-UP Jamboree 10x10 Straight Legged Canopy for $99 ($160 original) @ Big5. Available in both White and Blue

http://www.big5sportinggoods.com/pro...r.html#content
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Quote Originally Posted by jektal View Post
    I just picked up a 10'x10' straight-legged stake-able Coleman canopy for $99 plus tax at Walmart.
    This one?
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-10...azebo/23428073

Quote Originally Posted by ELECtROjan View Post
    jamboree-10-x-10-shelter.jpg

EZ-UP Jamboree 10x10 Straight Legged Canopy for $99 ($160 original) @ Big5. Available in both White and Blue

http://www.big5sportinggoods.com/pro...r.html#content
    Good looking out ELECtROjan! I am gonna have to return my slant leg EZ up and pick this bad boy up!

Going to have to return mine too
    Woodstock '94 and '99, Phish Fest '99, Moe. down '00, Gathering of the Vibes '00-'03, Rock the Bells '07, Sunset Strip Music Festival '11
    Coachella W2 2013, Bottle Rock Napa Valley 2013, Outside Lands 2013, Uproar Festival Chula Vista 2013, NIN @ Staples Center 8.11.2013
    Phish @ SPAC 7.4.2014
    Crosby, Stills and Nash @ Bethel Woods 7.5.2014
    The Hudson Project 7.10-7.13.2014
    Motley Crue @ Chula Vista, CA 7.30.2014
    Outside Lands 8.8-8.10.2014
    NIN and Soundgarden @ Chula Vista, CA 8.21.2014

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    Honestly, the only equipment that will guarantee anyone the best night of sleep and the best experience in there camp area...
    1) A cot to sleep on @ Any camping location
    2) An EZ Up Canopy for shelter/shade @ Almost any major nationwide store
    3) UV/Heat reflecting netted-mesh (very breathable) zip-tied to EZ Up for shelter walls/shade/privacy @ The Home Depot
    4) Low center of gravity mesh-net folding chairs (the ones that sit very low to the ground and are a pain to get up from when you are drunk) - they keep you cooler when seated lower to the ground. Those big bulky pieces of shit folding chairs with cup holders create heat from the vinyl material and always rip where the legs brace towards the bottom. @ Almost any major nationwide store
    5) Hand mister pump - need I explain? @ The Home Depot.
    6) A bandana - kicked up dry grass and dirt will fuck with your nose and allergies. Do yourself the favor and just buy one for the weekend.

Tents, sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, grill vs. fastfood, toiletries, medicines, alcohol, shoes vs. sandals, etc. etc. are personal preferences. The list above is guaranteed to give you the best camp experience.

NOW ON TO THE DEALS!
    Could you post the link for the UV/heat reflecting mesh? I'm having trouble finding it online.

This seems to be the best stuff that they have at Home Depot. Make sure you get Tan and not Black

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/2020435...5#.UVUfjFt7ovw

the really good silver mesh is called Aluminet but its significantly more expensive. It's used industrially for Greenhouses and the gardening industry so there are a few sites that carry it.

http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/category/shade-cloth

Quote Originally Posted by ELECtROjan View Post
    Yup, that looks like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Please note if people are getting the Anker to also use with the Boombox I posted earlier this page, the Anker Astro3E will not work. You want the Astro3 ($60)(without the E). If you're getting one just to charge phones on the other hand, the Astro3E ($40) will work fine.
    I've been trying to find the best deal/product for how to charge my cell phone while out there. I'm only looking to use it for charging cell phones. I'm better off with the Astro3E, correct?

Yeah that will work fine for charging cell phones. To really maximize use, turn off your cell phones when you charge them. Save time and charge in the astro3e. It should automatically shut off when the phone is fully charged.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

This is my first year bringing my own propane stove (other people in my group brought one in previous years). I've never purchased little propane tanks in my life. What's a good cheap place to buy several? I think I read somewhere that the Indio walmart will have them, if that's true, is that a good price? Any risk of them selling out of them on Thursday afternoon?

Because.

This is my first year bringing my own propane stove (other people in my group brought one in previous years). I've never purchased little propane tanks in my life. What's a good cheap place to buy several? I think I read somewhere that the Indio walmart will have them, if that's true, is that a good price? Any risk of them selling out of them on Thursday afternoon?
    I see you're in the bay. I get mine from a Korean market in Oakland. If that's too far, I would hit a Ranch 99 or something like that. It's only $8-10 for a 4 pack and you probably only need 1 (2 max) for the whole weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

LOVE Ranch 99. Do they sell some generic asian propane? This is probably a really dumb question, but since I bought a Coleman grill, I was planning on buying those little green Coleman propane tanks because that way I knew I was guaranteed compatibility. Are all mini-propane tanks, regardless of brand, basically built the same way and universal?

Because.

LOVE Ranch 99. Do they sell some generic asian propane? This is probably a really dumb question, but since I bought a Coleman grill, I was planning on buying those little green Coleman propane tanks because that way I knew I was guaranteed compatibility. Are all mini-propane tanks, regardless of brand, basically built the same way and universal?
    Yeah. They're generic tanks that fit with the little stoves they sell there. I'd guess Coleman has some tanks specifically made for their own grill.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Thanks for that Ozark Trail 10x10 from walmart.

Just ordered it now and it came out to $97 after taxes with free delivery. Arriving at the latest on monday 4/8. Just in time for weekend 1! Yay

Lurker

NEW 10'X10' EZ POP UP PARTY TENT GAZEBO CANOPY STRAIGHT LEGS - GREEN/BLUE/RED This is on Ebay right now for $75 with free shipping. It says they have minor imperfections like paint chipping or rust...so not sure how they are new. But FYI anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by rambleonfreddy View Post
    Thanks for that Ozark Trail 10x10 from walmart. ...
    I was just in Walmart again today (*sigh*), and it looks like they have a 10x10 Coleman for $99 and a 10x10 Ozark Trail for $89 (buth pre-tax). Not sure if there's any difference other than branding, they look pretty much the same from the labels.

Quote Originally Posted by jektal View Post
    I was just in Walmart again today (*sigh*), and it looks like they have a 10x10 Coleman for $99 and a 10x10 Ozark Trail for $89 (buth pre-tax). Not sure if there's any difference other than branding, they look pretty much the same from the labels.
    Yah i saw them both on the website and didnt see a difference in them other than price.

Now to get a tarp for it. Would home depot be the best place?

The best places for small propane tanks is Walmart they have them 2 for $5.98 or so.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!