Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

Default Re: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

If you have a smaller tent (not one of those massive multi-room ones) then this might be worth a look. A tent fan/light combo that hangs from your tent ceiling via magnets. I'm thinking this will help me sleep in during the morning heat, and it's a small gamble at this closeout price ($8, normally $25). Mixed reviews on Amazon, but again, closeout price makes it worth it, I think.

http://www.rei.com/product/848031/co...-2008-closeout

Coleman Zephyr Fan $8 closeout
    Last edited by ManImCool; 03-18-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

That item is sold out through that link.

Well, that sale didn't last long! Glad I ordered one like an hour ago. Hopefully others were able to cash in on it while it was still in stock.

Edit: Looks like you can still get it, just not at the $8 closeout price. It's $20 here on the regular REI site, (not the rei-closeout site), which looks about what it costs on amazon
    http://www.rei.com/product/753427/co...fan-with-light
    Last edited by ManImCool; 03-18-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Because.

Walmart may be slightly cheaper than Target, but those stores are about as cheap as it gets. Walmart has a bigger camping section, too. Don't go to Dick's.

Quote Originally Posted by CBPodge View Post
    Hi guys. I did have a browse through this thread and couldn't see anything particularly definitive (apologies if I overlooked it). I'm coming over for England for the festival, and want to try to be a bit better prepared this year. Basically, my question is where is the cheapest place to buy camping gear? Last year we went to a Target on the way to the festival, but it seemed relatively expensive for what it was (especially given that we just had to give the stuff away after the festival). Is Target/Walmart about as cheap as it gets? Or is there some sort of speciality outdoors/sporting store that is cheaper (or similar priced but with more choice)?

I confess, I hope the answer is Dick's, just so I can make lots of terrible jokes about having to find Dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by mischaw78 View Post
    Walmart may be slightly cheaper than Target, but those stores are about as cheap as it gets. Walmart has a bigger camping section, too. Don't go to Dick's.
    Cheers buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by CBPodge View Post
    Hi guys. I did have a browse through this thread and couldn't see anything particularly definitive (apologies if I overlooked it). I'm coming over for England for the festival, and want to try to be a bit better prepared this year. Basically, my question is where is the cheapest place to buy camping gear? Last year we went to a Target on the way to the festival, but it seemed relatively expensive for what it was (especially given that we just had to give the stuff away after the festival). Is Target/Walmart about as cheap as it gets? Or is there some sort of speciality outdoors/sporting store that is cheaper (or similar priced but with more choice)?

I confess, I hope the answer is Dick's, just so I can make lots of terrible jokes about having to find Dicks.
    Dicks is not the place to go to...sorry...but you can get a better laugh out of Walmart than making dick jokes.
    Woodstock '94 and '99, Phish Fest '99, Moe. down '00, Gathering of the Vibes '00-'03, Rock the Bells '07, Sunset Strip Music Festival '11
    Coachella W2 2013, Bottle Rock Napa Valley 2013, Outside Lands 2013, Uproar Festival Chula Vista 2013, NIN @ Staples Center 8.11.2013
    Phish @ SPAC 7.4.2014
    Crosby, Stills and Nash @ Bethel Woods 7.5.2014
    The Hudson Project 7.10-7.13.2014
    Motley Crue @ Chula Vista, CA 7.30.2014
    Outside Lands 8.8-8.10.2014
    NIN and Soundgarden @ Chula Vista, CA 8.21.2014

EZ Up
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00622710000P Price drops to $59.99 in cart and you can add VALPAK5 for a $5 OFF. Comes out to like $60 depending on tax in your area.

the DIY mister works great. just tested mine in the new EZ up

Quote Originally Posted by SleePi View Post
    EZ Up
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00622710000P Price drops to $59.99 in cart and you can add VALPAK5 for a $5 OFF. Comes out to like $60 depending on tax in your area.
    Thanks! just ordered mine.

EZ Up
    Totally jumped on this; doing an in-store pick came out to $60.10. Thanks for the tip
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Glad to help. Starting to purchase all my crap for camping.

I got a few of those silver tarps from the last page. Can't beat that price of $5 each.

Because.

EZ Up
    Keep in mind that this EZ UP is 10x10 at the base, and is only 8x8 at the top, providing 64sq ft coverage vs 100sq ft. I've read that you generally want to stay away from EZ-Ups that do not have completely vertical legs.

These are on sale now for $139Z (Large).jpg

Can't paste an image on my iPad, but here is an awesome chair I ordered from Target. Provides a lot of adjustable no hassle shade. Just got it today and can't wait to use it!

http://www.target.com/webapp/wcs/sto...n/-/A-13107722
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Similar to above but for a little less

http://www.amazon.com/SKLZ-BRE03-270.../dp/B004048VNK
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Quote Originally Posted by blackchango View Post
    Similar to above but for a little less

http://www.amazon.com/SKLZ-BRE03-270.../dp/B004048VNK
    Wow. You are awesome! I went to buy another one for my girlfriend, and they are out of stock. So glad you posted this. And free shipping. Just bought one. Thanks again
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

I just bought the blue chair from amazon. If anyone sees anymore ez up deals, please post!
    Last edited by amyzzz; 03-22-2013 at 09:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

This isn't a deal, but those chairs reminded me that I have this hammock in my Amazon wish list.
    http://www.amazon.com/Kijaro-All-Ham...ductPromotions

My brother in law has one of those. It's pretty awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Why are EZ Ups/Shade Canaopies so fucking expensive? I've been debating if I should get one to bring with me during weekend 2 (to put over my tent and have a couple chairs under)....but I dunno. May just go without one. I think I have pretty much all camping stuff I need for both weekends this year...got the tent, new air mattress (with electric and hand pumps), couple new camping chairs, a USB Heavy Duty externa battery pack to charge phones (this thing will last over a week while charging your phone multiple times a day, awesome product). Still need to pick up a cooler, and yeah debating on the EZ up thing, and maybe a small table.

Erik, how much is that USB Heavy Duty extra battery pack? I need one. I'm debating an EZ up. I'm gonna camp this year!

I got this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Forget going to the charging tent or trying to charge your device on the outlets on the fence near the breakfast buffet...

To me a canopy is like #3 on the list of things you need for camping. Shade if it's hot and shelter if it rains.

I've done camping at Coachella both with the shade over the tent and chairs, and without the shade canopy..obviously having the shade is preferred, but I don't wanna spend 100 bucks on it.

The canopy is the first thing I put in my car when packing. It's pretty much a necessity, unless your neighbors or someone else in your group has one.

As for the small table, you can easily forego that. You can use your cooler as a small table.

edit: If you want a table, though, I just came across this gem on Amazon for fairly cheap.
    Last edited by Robin; 03-22-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I got this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Forget going to the charging tent or trying to charge your device on the outlets on the fence near the breakfast buffet...
    Ok, I bought it. I'm being a spendthrift today. I can probably use that in my car on trips too.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Wow. You are awesome! I went to buy another one for my girlfriend, and they are out of stock. So glad you posted this. And free shipping. Just bought one. Thanks again
    Read the reviews, be prepared: "That said, the umbrella feature (which I assume is its main selling point) is totally defective. It cannot withstand even medium-scale gusts of wind. A breeze picks up and the thing begins to spin from side to side, occasionally cutting across your face. As a chair it sits well, but it's best to not even bother with the umbrella. It quickly becomes a nuisance."

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Why are EZ Ups/Shade Canaopies so fucking expensive? I've been debating if I should get one to bring with me during weekend 2 (to put over my tent and have a couple chairs under)....but I dunno. May just go without one. I think I have pretty much all camping stuff I need for both weekends this year...got the tent, new air mattress (with electric and hand pumps), couple new camping chairs, a USB Heavy Duty externa battery pack to charge phones (this thing will last over a week while charging your phone multiple times a day, awesome product). Still need to pick up a cooler, and yeah debating on the EZ up thing, and maybe a small table.
    I would definitely care a lot more about shade at my campsite than a phone being charged. Especially if Weekend 2 is anything like it was last year. And more important than a new air matress. If you're going to attend other festivals or returning to Coachella next week. *shrugs* Just my thoughts.