Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

Default Re: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

it was mentioned last year and so i felt i should bring it up since we bought some last year and are buying more this year! battery powered led lights are crucial to put up inside your canopy or tent. i looked at a few sites and ebay is still the best place to buy them. you can usually get them for 5 bucks or less and i'd def recommend them

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

you can get a lot of these lights solar instead of battery powered. They work just as good.

for instance http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/sola...ng-lights.html
    Last edited by Timestretch; 02-19-2013 at 11:00 PM. Reason: added link

Woodstock '94 and '99, Phish Fest '99, Moe. down '00, Gathering of the Vibes '00-'03, Rock the Bells '07, Sunset Strip Music Festival '11
    Coachella W2 2013, Bottle Rock Napa Valley 2013, Outside Lands 2013, Uproar Festival Chula Vista 2013, NIN @ Staples Center 8.11.2013
    Phish @ SPAC 7.4.2014
    Crosby, Stills and Nash @ Bethel Woods 7.5.2014
    The Hudson Project 7.10-7.13.2014
    Motley Crue @ Chula Vista, CA 7.30.2014
    Outside Lands 8.8-8.10.2014
    NIN and Soundgarden @ Chula Vista, CA 8.21.2014

Quote Originally Posted by GDSD573 View Post

That thing sucks. I have returned 2. There is a Mist thread some where that gives instructions on making a better and cheaper version, super easy. I used that last year and it was awesome. But fuck the misty mate.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by GDSD573 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    That thing sucks. I have returned 2. There is a Mist thread some where that gives instructions on making a better and cheaper version, super easy. I used that last year and it was awesome. But fuck the misty mate.
    Yeah I've heard that thing sucks as well. The one in the mist thread is DIY but it's easy, and works great.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 02-21-2013 at 11:53 AM.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Yeah I've heard that thing sucks as well. The one in the mist thread is DIY but it's easy, works great, and has ten nozzles. Which I believe is more than six nozzles, in the misty mate.
    I should be more specific, I used the "do it yourself" mister last year and it was awesome. Really easy to assemble... And I'm a chick.... Guys at the campsites near us were amazed by my skills and trying to get up in the amazingness. I didn't take all the credit though, I said " gold I found on the coachella forum"
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    I should be more specific, I used the "do it yourself" mister last year and it was awesome. Really easy to assemble... And I'm a chick.... Guys at the campsites near us were amazed by my skills and trying to get up in the amazingness. I didn't take all the credit though, I said " gold I found on the coachella forum"
    Here is that DIY misting gold on the coachella forum if anyones search function is broken
    Last edited by ManImCool; 02-21-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Because.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Any camping stove deals? For my needs and budget, for now, this Coleman PerfectFlow Insta Start Grill Stove for $88 is the one to beat. Love that is has a grill and a stove combined, yet still relatively compact when compared to the more full size ones that have both.

Also, anyone have any experience with those little green camping propane tanks and how long they last? I don't need to cook 80 burgers an hour or anything, just using it for 2-3 meals a day for the 4 people on my camping spot. At the very most.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 03-07-2013 at 09:50 AM.

Because.

Any camping stove deals? For my needs and budget, for now, this Coleman PerfectFlow Insta Start Grill Stove for $88 is the one to beat. Love that is has a grill and a stove combined, yet still relatively compact when compared to the more full size ones that have both.

Also, anyone have any experience with those little green camping propane tanks and how long they last? I don't need to cook 80 burgers an hour or anything, just using it for 2-3 meals a day for the 4 people on my camping spot. At the very most.
    I have that stove, and it's GREAT! It doesn't hold as much food as my previous grills, but it does what I need it to. I used it last year for mainly breakfast/coffee (around 6 people per morning/1 hour of cooking time). A few people used it to make snacks/dinners. I went through less than one propane canister. You might be good with 2 canisters (depending on how long it takes to make the meals), but I would guesstimate 3 to be safe. Walmart sells 2-packs for around $7. Just pick up a couple of those.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/King-Canop...White/14649579

Great canopy option and it's only $79!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Quote Originally Posted by blackchango View Post
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/King-Canop...White/14649579

Great canopy option and it's only $79!!!
    Unless I'm reading that wrong, that is only for the sidewall kit. The actual canopy that it's for costs several hundred dollars more.

Because.

Unless I'm reading that wrong, that is only for the sidewall kit. The actual canopy that it's for costs several hundred dollars more.

Oh shit you're right! I take that back, shitty deal..
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

for people who have done the Ez-up + mister camp setup, was there any problems with your stuff getting wet? our plan is to have the ex-up with walls of either sheet or the tarp sets they make, and have our air mattress in side it as a big tent. during the day, my plan was to roll up a wall or too and start misting using the DIY setup, but the gf is concerned that bedding, belongings, etc. will be soaked. only using the mister if its hot we2, obviously, so i would think evap would solve this. any actual experiences?

http://mobile.dailysteals.com/

Sounds pretty good. 4 of 5 stars on Amazon. Anyone use one of these?
    Last edited by dcbell05; 03-10-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Amazon.com is having a $20 off $100 Coleman purchases sold and shipped by Amazon. Expires 03/31/13.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html...ode=6467073011

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Amazon.com is having a $20 off $100 Coleman purchases sold and shipped by Amazon. Expires 03/31/13.
    Nice find! Will be putting this to use.
    Coachella: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W1, 2013 W1 & W2, 2014 W1 & W2

Awesome. I will be using this to get the Coleman Stove Grill mentioned a few posts up, and basically get the carrying case for free!

Because.

im hearing the local harbor freight has the reflective tarps on sale for $4, dont know if that goes for other cities as well.
    these:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/8-ft-3-...lin-30873.html

got this email too. awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post
    for people who have done the Ez-up + mister camp setup, was there any problems with your stuff getting wet? our plan is to have the ex-up with walls of either sheet or the tarp sets they make, and have our air mattress in side it as a big tent. during the day, my plan was to roll up a wall or too and start misting using the DIY setup, but the gf is concerned that bedding, belongings, etc. will be soaked. only using the mister if its hot we2, obviously, so i would think evap would solve this. any actual experiences?
    I made one of the DIY misters in 2011. It worked great the first couple days but then several of the brass nozzles got clogged and just began dripping rather than misting. We had the thing strung up in our canopy and people started complaining that they were getting soaked so I finally disconnected it. If you plan on using your canopy as your sleeping quarters I would expect some wet/soiled bedding at some point during the weekend.

thought i would prop the mattress/bedding up during the times i wouldnt be sleeping on it. might be able to think of a way to keep the nozzles from clogging too... were you using festival water or did you bring your own? overall are you glad you brought it?

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post
    thought i would prop the mattress/bedding up during the times i wouldnt be sleeping on it. might be able to think of a way to keep the nozzles from clogging too... were you using festival water or did you bring your own? overall are you glad you brought it?
    I brought around 10 gallons of my own water. However, I did drain some cooler water into the tank which may have contributed to the nozzles clogging (although reading the reviews on amazon this was a common problem for this misting hose.) If I were to do it again I'd probably bring some heavy duty paper filters to clean any water I wanted to recycle, and I've since soaked the nozzles in white vinegar so hopefully that removed any minerals or other particles that may have been blocking the nozzles. Overall it was a fun project, but I didn't even bother setting it up last year since the weather was pretty mild weekend one. I'll probably bring it again this year.

Cheap Tarps

IIT Reversible (Silver/Blue) Polyethylene Tarp w/ Rustproof Grommets: 8'x10' $5, 10'x12' $8 + free shipping with code BF1484
    http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/net...imary%20Banner

bump bump. check the 1st page
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    bump bump. check the 1st page
    Subtotal: $159.99
    Shipping & Handling: FREE
    Additional Freight: $156.53
    Tax: $0.00
    Updated Total: $316.52

Not the best deal for people living in Northern California
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Quote Originally Posted by ELECtROjan View Post
    Subtotal: $159.99
    Shipping & Handling: FREE
    Additional Freight: $156.53
    Tax: $0.00
    Updated Total: $316.52

Not the best deal for people living in Northern California
    Ya. This is a terrible deal! That freight charge kills it for sure. Didn't realize it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by mischaw78 View Post
    Thanks, ManImCool. By the way, I picked up the Logitech Wireless Boombox and it is awesome.
    Glad you like it!

Because.

Costco has the Goal Zero solar charger pack fr $99.99. I think it's this model http://www.amazon.com/Goal-Zero-1901...ords=goal+zero $20 cheaper than amazon. I bought one since, if it doesn't work well, Costco has a great return policy.

A bunch of other gear is also on sale at Costco. Sleeping bags, tents, coolers, lamps, etc.

Hi guys. I did have a browse through this thread and couldn't see anything particularly definitive (apologies if I overlooked it). I'm coming over for England for the festival, and want to try to be a bit better prepared this year. Basically, my question is where is the cheapest place to buy camping gear? Last year we went to a Target on the way to the festival, but it seemed relatively expensive for what it was (especially given that we just had to give the stuff away after the festival). Is Target/Walmart about as cheap as it gets? Or is there some sort of speciality outdoors/sporting store that is cheaper (or similar priced but with more choice)?

I confess, I hope the answer is Dick's, just so I can make lots of terrible jokes about having to find Dicks.