Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

Default Re: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by RobRogers99 View Post
    SPEAKERS:Anyone have any decent, modestly priced portable speakers they swear by? Just looking for something that will last the weekend with minimal battery changing and maximum reliability... Obviously won't be at camp during the day, but everyone needs some morning tunes to take morning Jack shots... Nectar of the gods and such.

Also saw that nifty solar power pack mentioned above... http://www.amazon.com/Goal-Zero-1230...dp/B00452EO7Y/ Is that worth the 75 bones? Using the car to charge phones has never really been a problem in my opinion.
    I've got the speakers for you. Ignore everyone else's advice, should someone try and top this recommendation. These are the best (portable) speakers in this price range available. Anyways, during the warm months I find myself at the beach or park a lot and needing music. Everyone and their mom brings their crappy iPod dock that sounds great in their 10X10 foot living room and think it will sound great outside. Everyone also has experienced utter disappointment when they get outside and as soon as they wander further than 10-15 feet away from their portable speakers they can barely hear the music at max volume. Especially if it's windy outside. I spent many many hours researching and pouring over reviews for a large number of different higher-end portable speakers.

I ultimately purchased a Logitech Wireless Boombox. This thing is awesome. And loud. And portable. If I'm at the park playing sloshball with my friends, I can put this thing by home plate, yet it's loud enough that the people in the outfield are dancing and spilling their beer everywhere. If I'm at the beach and it's windy as fuck, I can still turn it to a volume (max isn't even necessary) such that I can hear the music just fine from a distance. Oh and you can link the speaker to your phone via bluetooth to play music wirelessly. There is also a 3.5mm cord too if you want to do it the old fashioned way. The manual and reviews keep bringing up the iPhone but you can pair it with any smartphone with bluetooth that has that AD2P profile.
    Here it is on Amazon. 1300 reviews and counting, the vast majority of them 5/5 star reviews.
    http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-984-0.../dp/B005KQ2O26
    You can find it cheaper on ebay for about $100 brand new these days. There are no other portable speakers on there for $100 that perform like this thing. One important thing to note, is that when it is unplugged, the bass and max volume is reduced. It will still be more than loud enough for your 10X30 campsite. If you want to crank it up though and have max volume and bass yet be nowhere near a wall outlet, there is a solution.

Buy this extended battery. (and don't bother getting a solar charger for your phone)
    http://www.amazon.com/Multi-voltage-.../dp/B005NGKR54
    At the time of typing this up, it's on Newegg and Amazon for $60
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...anker%20astro3
    If you are getting this to use with the Logitech Wireless Boombox, (instead of just charging phones) You want the Anker Astro3, NOT the Astro3E!!!!! If you accidentally ordered the Astro3E because i put up the wrong newegg link yesterday, and want it to be able to power the Logitech, cancel that shit and reorder the correct one! If you're just using the battery to charge devices then you can probably keep the Astro3E

You can plug the Logitech Wireless Boombox into this Anker 10000 mAh battery and that thing provides enough juice that the speaker thinks it's plugged into a wall and operates at max volume and bass. Which is awesome. If you're going to buy the Logitech, you might as well get this Anker battery too because at the very least, it will double the life of how long the speaker lasts. If the Logitech is dead, the Anker will charge the Logitech while you play music at the same time, it's plenty powerful enough. There's also the added benefit of getting max volume and bass with the Anker, should you want to annoy anyone within 10 campsites of whatever direction the speaker is facing. The best benefit of all, however, is the fact that you can charge multiple devices at once with it. You can blast your tunes at max volume AND charge your smartphone. Or 2 smartphones at the same time. Whatever you want; it has 2 USB ports on it. I would recommend this Anker battery to any campers even if you don't buy the speakers because you can charge your phone and your friends phones at the same time, multiple multiple times over before it runs out of juice, which is a whole hell of a lot more convenient than using a solar charger that costs about the same or more (I see a lot of solar chargers in the $60 range). Just get this battery, it will definitely charge your phone all weekend and means you don't have to run your car or sit at a charger station with a bunch of other people for 2 hours. If you are using the battery for the boombox, however, you'll more than likely have to charge the battery once or twice to make it the weekend if you're constantly using it, but a minor inconvenience for what you get out of it.

All in all, get the Logitech Wireless Boombox. And if you get the Boombox get the Anker 10000 mAh battery. Even if you don't need the max volume and bass at your campsite you'll like it just for extended battery life and the ability to charge your phone too. And once you leave Coachella and use your Boombox somewhere else like the beach you'll be glad you have the battery to make it louder.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 02-05-2013 at 11:32 PM.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

Quote Originally Posted by mischaw78 View Post
    10x10 canopy with LED lights. Awesome deal. $59 normally $199. . Just got back from my local Target. Got the last one on clearance!

Found the deal here:
    http://slickdeals.net/f/5832672-Cole...mpaign=tu-9999

Check local inventory here (wont show discounted price: call your local store to confirm price and availability):
    http://www.target.com/p/coleman-10-f...rm=091-08-0005

Good reviews here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Instan...instant+canopy
    Well, mother trucker. I bought this canopy a couple years ago for $199. It's an amazing canopy and withheld the W1 winds last year. If I needed a second canopy, I'd definitely get another one, especially at this price.

We have that Logitech, it's great. Does lose quite a bit of bass once unPlugged, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    We have that Logitech, it's great. Does lose quite a bit of bass once unPlugged, though.
    You better get that Anker battery I posted about then while it's on sale at Newegg! Most of the year that battery is $60, it's $40 right now. Having full volume and bass outside far away from a wall outlet is very nice. Can't recommend it enough.

Because.

We actually don't have the wireless one, though. Wife is sick of docking her phone at home only to have to keep pulling it off the dock to deal with calls, texts, etc. What kind of range do you get with Bluetooth? Will she be able to be in another room and still have music playing?

Just ordered the Anker battery! I will be ordering the boom box too! Thanks for sharing!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    I've got the speakers for you. Ignore everyone else's advice, should someone try and top this recommendation. These are the best (portable) speakers in this price range available. Anyways, during the warm months I find myself at the beach or park a lot and needing music. Everyone and their mom brings their crappy iPod dock that sounds great in their 10X10 foot living room and think it will sound great outside. Everyone also has experienced utter disappointment when they get outside and as soon as they wander further than 10-15 feet away from their portable speakers they can barely hear the music at max volume. Especially if it's windy outside. I spent many many hours researching and pouring over reviews for a large number of different higher-end portable speakers.

I ultimately purchased a Logitech Wireless Boombox. This thing is awesome. And loud. And portable. If I'm at the park playing sloshball with my friends, I can put this thing by home plate, yet it's loud enough that the people in the outfield are dancing and spilling their beer everywhere. If I'm at the beach and it's windy as fuck, I can still turn it to a volume (max isn't even necessary) such that I can hear the music just fine from a distance. Oh and you can link the speaker to your phone via bluetooth to play music wirelessly. There is also a 3.5mm cord too if you want to do it the old fashioned way. The manual and reviews keep bringing up the iPhone but you can pair it with any smartphone with bluetooth that has that AD2P profile.
    Here it is on Amazon. 1300 reviews and counting, the vast majority of them 5/5 star reviews.
    You can find it cheaper on ebay for about $100 brand new these days. There are no other portable speakers on there for $100 that perform like this thing. One important thing to note, is that when it is unplugged, the bass and max volume is reduced. It will still be more than loud enough for your 10X30 campsite. If you want to crank it up though and have max volume and bass yet be nowhere near a wall outlet, there is a solution.
    Amazon says there is an updated model: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0094S35QU?tag=mo02-20

Any idea how this compares?

Buy this extended battery. (and don't bother getting a solar charger for your phone)
    At the time of typing this up, it's cheaper on Newegg at $40.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA1PP0FR0405

You can plug the Logitech Wireless Boombox into this Anker 10000 mAh battery and that thing provides enough juice that the speaker thinks it's plugged into a wall and operates at max volume and bass. Which is awesome. If you're going to buy the Logitech, you might as well get this Anker battery too because at the very least, it will double the life of how long the speaker lasts. If the Logitech is dead, the Anker will charge the Logitech while you play music at the same time, it's plenty powerful enough. There's also the added benefit of getting max volume and bass with the Anker, should you want to annoy anyone within 10 campsites of whatever direction the speaker is facing. The best benefit of all, however, is the fact that you can charge multiple devices at once with it. You can blast your tunes at max volume AND charge your smartphone. Or 2 smartphones at the same time. Whatever you want; it has 2 USB ports on it. I would recommend this Anker battery to any campers even if you don't buy the speakers because you can charge your phone and your friends phones at the same time, multiple multiple times over before it runs out of juice, which is a whole hell of a lot more convenient than using a solar charger that costs about the same or more (I see a lot of solar chargers in the $60 range). Just get this battery, it will definitely charge your phone all weekend and means you don't have to run your car or sit at a charger station with a bunch of other people for 2 hours. If you are using the battery for the boombox, however, you'll more than likely have to charge the battery once or twice to make it the weekend if you're constantly using it, but a minor inconvenience for what you get out of it.

All in all, get the Logitech Wireless Boombox. And if you get the Boombox get the Anker 10000 mAh battery. Even if you don't need the max volume and bass at your campsite you'll like it just for extended battery life and the ability to charge your phone too. And once you leave Coachella and use your Boombox somewhere else like the beach you'll be glad you have the battery to make it louder.
    NICE POST MAN. Speakers are a little bit pricier than what I was looking for but maybe I'll snag em anyways. I live 3 blocks from the beach and tunes are always welcome outside chella. Will be DEFINITELY picking up that charger. Nice Find!

10x10 canopy with LED lights. Awesome deal. $59 normally $199. . Just got back from my local Target. Got the last one on clearance!

Found the deal here:
    http://slickdeals.net/f/5832672-Cole...mpaign=tu-9999

Check local inventory here (wont show discounted price: call your local store to confirm price and availability):
    http://www.target.com/p/coleman-10-f...rm=091-08-0005

Good reviews here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Instan...instant+canopy
    SO BUMMED I missed on this. It was either out of stock everywhere in the LA area and SD, or "limited stock" meaning when I called and got through Target's endless string of horseshit department switching and hangups it wasn't at the store to begin with... Damn. Hopefully there will be another deal sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    No camping stakes, and if you get those in, they take away your hammer/mallet, even if its rubber.

You can always buy camping stakes at the general store, the shitty plastic ones that break and don't hold shit against wind.

I would recommend spending some money on an EZ up so you don't get a cheap one that breaks/flies away. If you must be cheap, hope that Food4Less is selling one for $20. I fucking lucked out one year.
    You guys are crazy. If you can't get tent stakes and a mallet into the campgrounds god help you if you're trying to smuggle in anything more illicit.

again, don't bother with stakes and hammers....they fucking sell canopy weights that work well and aren't expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    We actually don't have the wireless one, though. Wife is sick of docking her phone at home only to have to keep pulling it off the dock to deal with calls, texts, etc. What kind of range do you get with Bluetooth? Will she be able to be in another room and still have music playing?
    You know, I've never actually tried it with obstacles and through walls and that sort of thing. I've always used it in wide open spaces in this manner. Note that in this video it's on battery, so it's obviously not as loud it would be if it was plugged in to an outlet/Anker battery.

Quote Originally Posted by billyvg View Post
    Amazon says there is an updated model: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0094S35QU?tag=mo02-20

Any idea how this compares?
    Well, at a quick glance, other than it looking prettier, it's $250. Which is a much different price point than the one I'm discussing since you can get that one for under $100 shipped off ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    Just ordered the Anker battery! I will be ordering the boom box too! Thanks for sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobRogers99 View Post
    NICE POST MAN. Speakers are a little bit pricier than what I was looking for but maybe I'll snag em anyways. I live 3 blocks from the beach and tunes are always welcome outside chella. Will be DEFINITELY picking up that charger. Nice Find!
    Glad I could help. You guys will not regret this purchase. Unless you drop it in water or something.

Edit: Also, pro tip: don't be afraid to tinker with your equalizer on whatever device you're using to maximize the sound. Especially if you're trying to get maximum volume outside. When I'm at a place where max volume is a priority (windy day at the beach/park) I have my EQ settings on my phone such that the bass is turned way down but crank that volume to like 150% over stock volume. In Android I use an app called Volume+ that lets you tinker with your EQs with different profiles for phone speaker/headset/bluetooth. This app is good because it lets you EQ all noises for your phone, which is helpful for programs that don't have a built-in EQ like Pandora.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 02-05-2013 at 11:03 PM.

Because.

At the time of typing this up, it's cheaper on Newegg at $40.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA1PP0FR0405
    The battery on newegg is different, the 3E vs the 3. Only 5V vs 5V 9V 12V, so I don't think it will charge the logitech. The 3E looks to be a great solution, though, for phone only charging for the weekend.

Also, the logitech on Amazon is only $102 if you select "With ipod/iphone dock" if that's your thing. 50% lower price but missing bluetooth, which I feel sounds worse than a 3.5mm plug. Thanks for the insight on the Logitech - looks perfect for Camping.
    Last edited by mischaw78; 02-05-2013 at 11:12 PM.

The battery on newegg is different, the 3E vs the 3. Only 5V vs 5V 9V 12V, so I don't think it will charge the logitech. The 3E looks to be a great solution, though, for phone only charging for the weekend.

Also, the logitech on Amazon is only $102 if you select "With ipod/iphone dock" if that's your thing. 50% lower price but missing bluetooth, which I feel sounds worse than a 3.5mm plug. Thanks for the insight on the Logitech - looks perfect for Camping.
    You are absolutely right, it's the Anker Astro3 you want, not the Astro3E. I'll update my post accordingly. If you bought the Anker from newegg off of my link from earlier today cancel that shit and buy the correct one! The one you want, the Astro3 (not Astro3E) is the same price on Amazon and Newegg.

Regarding the "ipod/iphone dock" thing, that model is NOT the same one I am reviewing. I own and am talking about the "Logitech Wireless Boombox". It has NO iPod dock of any kind. It allows connectivity through either bluetooth (8 devices at the same time can be connected) OR the included 3.5mm aux cable.

The one you are talking about, with the dock, does not have bluetooth and is called the "Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S715i". I can't comment on that one because it is not the one I have, and it is also meant for an iPod. I'm recommending the Logitech Wireless Boombox, not the s715i.

Because.

You are absolutely right, it's the Anker Astro3 you want, not the Astro3E. I'll update my post accordingly. If you bought the Anker from newegg off of my link from earlier today cancel that shit and buy the correct one! The one you want, the Astro3 (not Astro3E) is the same price on Amazon and Newegg.

Regarding the "ipod/iphone dock" thing, that model is NOT the same one I am reviewing. I own and am talking about the "Logitech Wireless Boombox". It has NO iPod dock of any kind. It allows connectivity through either bluetooth (8 devices at the same time can be connected) OR the included 3.5mm aux cable.

The one you are talking about, with the dock, does not have bluetooth and is called the "Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S715i". I can't comment on that one because it is not the one I have, and it is also meant for an iPod. I'm recommending the Logitech Wireless Boombox, not the s715i.
    I am really curious if the sound is comparable. The dimensions are close, but the back looks different. Folks you are better off going with ManImCool's recommendation just to be safe. And look! $129 at Target (In Store Only)
    http://www.target.com/p/logitech-wir...x/-/A-14115123
    Last edited by mischaw78; 02-05-2013 at 11:48 PM.

I am really curious if the sound is comparable. The dimensions are close, but the back looks different. Folks you are better off going with ManImCool's recommendation just to be safe. And look! $129 at Target (In Store Only)
    http://www.target.com/p/logitech-wir...x/-/A-14115123
    As I mentioned, it's under $100 shipped on ebay by several reputable sellers.

Because.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

As I mentioned, it's under $100 shipped on ebay by several reputable sellers.
    Always gotta make sure you are buying from someone where the warranty is valid, though, just in case there are any issues. Have seen several companies refuse service to items bought on ebay since they are not authorized sellers of the product.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    Please note if people are getting the Anker to also use with the Boombox I posted earlier this page, the Anker Astro3E will not work. You want the Astro3 ($60)(without the E). If you're getting one just to charge phones on the other hand, the Astro3E ($40) will work fine.

Because.

Hey guys, so I'm about to pull the trigger on the Astro 3 as mentioned below...

Noticed something pretty cool if you are looking for a deal - Amazon is offering the ASTRO SLIMTALK 3200MAH FOR FREE WITH THE PURCHASE!

It's a 22$ value. Just add the Slimtalk to your order and enter coupon code: SUWN997Z at check out.

That is a good find! I was thinking about buying an additional Anker Astro3 for more phone charging power for people on my campsite; the free slimtalk just sweetens the deal.

Because.

Just went to Target. The Logitech Wireless Boombox was on sale for $99 at the Target here in Irvine at the Spectrum. Good luck! See here: http://imgur.com/CVvrGWi

Foldable Camping table from REI $23, normally $50-$70.
    closeouthttp://www.rei.com/product/847354/al...-2005-closeout

not for me, coming as a couple, but i saw a couple of these around at bonaroo and they make pretty cool dens for multiple people sharing sites. one i walked into was fully setup with rugs and hookah, etc., like i walked into ghengis kahns tent
    http://austin.craigslist.org/for/3547539981.html.

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post
    not for me, coming as a couple, but i saw a couple of these around at bonaroo and they make pretty cool dens for multiple people sharing sites. one i walked into was fully setup with rugs and hookah, etc., like i walked into ghengis kahns tent
    Car camping spots are 10x30 neither of the tents would fit. They do look nice but at $800 and $200, are they a deal?

Foldable Camping table from REI $23, normally $50-$70.
    closeouthttp://www.rei.com/product/847354/al...-2005-closeout
    Bought two of these. Picked them up from REI tonight and set one up and its works out great!!!
    Woodstock '94 and '99, Phish Fest '99, Moe. down '00, Gathering of the Vibes '00-'03, Rock the Bells '07, Sunset Strip Music Festival '11
    Coachella W2 2013, Bottle Rock Napa Valley 2013, Outside Lands 2013, Uproar Festival Chula Vista 2013, NIN @ Staples Center 8.11.2013
    Phish @ SPAC 7.4.2014
    Crosby, Stills and Nash @ Bethel Woods 7.5.2014
    The Hudson Project 7.10-7.13.2014
    Motley Crue @ Chula Vista, CA 7.30.2014
    Outside Lands 8.8-8.10.2014
    NIN and Soundgarden @ Chula Vista, CA 8.21.2014

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post

You can find 10x20's for a better price on amazon.
    Woodstock '94 and '99, Phish Fest '99, Moe. down '00, Gathering of the Vibes '00-'03, Rock the Bells '07, Sunset Strip Music Festival '11
    Coachella W2 2013, Bottle Rock Napa Valley 2013, Outside Lands 2013, Uproar Festival Chula Vista 2013, NIN @ Staples Center 8.11.2013
    Phish @ SPAC 7.4.2014

Quote Originally Posted by GDSD573 View Post
    Bought two of these. Picked them up from REI tonight and set one up and its works out great!!!
    Nice to hear! I have to go pick mine up at my local REI. I'll try to keep the deals coming. I have some alerts set up on slickdeals.net

Big 5 Sporting Goods has EZ-UP Sierra II on sale for $79.00.
    http://www.big5sportinggoods.com/pro...0-shelter.html

Coleman 2 Burner Stove @ Walmart online $53.00 after taxes
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Ma...e-Stove/895629

Campmor- Lots of great tents and sleeping bags marked down.
    http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/...0230_200368582
    Phish @ SPAC 7.4.2014