Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

Default Re: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

Flask and mini flashlights purchased! This is my new favorite thread. Thanks Vogina!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by zippytc View Post
    what deals have you found on the 10 by 20 and 30 ?
    This is the link for the 10x20. It is pink but there are other colors...of course my daughters like this color:-) $149.00
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003YQ8K4A/...SIN=B003YQ8K4A

This is the link for the 10x30 and it is the best deal by far at only $119.00. It would be great for a large group with 6 car camping spots.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003NG17YQ/...SIN=B003NG17YQ

Both come with 4 walls too.

Last year my roommate and I found a 10x10 foot canopy for $20 at Rite-Aid. It was a cheap and kind of shitty one, but it worked perfectly for what we needed. We ended up attaching tarps to two sides of it with zip ties to make a wall to block the sun.

Also, if anyone sees any walkie talkie deals, post them here! I've found some for $20 on Amazon, but I'm hoping a deal pops up. Thanks.

stepup2stepout

http://www.amazon.com/FR160B-Microli...5644375&sr=1-2

29.56$

"The Etón MICROLINK FR160 does more than keep you connected. This new spin on an Etón classic incorporates our award winning design and standard feature sets into a sleek easy to use package. It is a multifunctional, ultra-compact companion ready for any adventure.

When emergencies or outdoor adventures take you off the grid, you need a device that can fill multiple needs. The Etón MICROLINK FR160 is so compact that you can easily store in a safety kit or toss in your rucksack and take anywhere. It has a high-quality AM/FM tuner, providing you with news, entertainment and public service announcements. Not only that, but it also integrates a NOAA Weather Band receiver that brings you weather forecasts, alerts and other emergency messages--information vital to backpackers and travelers.

At only 5.25 inches, the MICROLINK FR160 literally fits in the palm of your hand. It also includes a powerful solar panel, which gives you the freedom to explore without the hassle of batteries or adapters. If that wasn’t enough, we also added a full sized USB port to easily charge any small electrical device such as an mp3 player or cell phone. You’ll always know what’s going on, thanks to the AM, FM and NOAA Weather Band tuners. With the additional flashlight and cell phone charger, you can’t go wrong with the MICROLINK as it is one versatile little device. "

Quote Originally Posted by Panda421 View Post
    Flask and mini flashlights purchased! This is my new favorite thread. Thanks Vogina!
    No problem! Let us know your review of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    This is the link for the 10x20. It is pink but there are other colors...of course my daughters like this color:-) $149.00
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003YQ8K4A/...SIN=B003YQ8K4A

This is the link for the 10x30 and it is the best deal by far at only $119.00. It would be great for a large group with 6 car camping spots.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003NG17YQ/...SIN=B003NG17YQ

Both come with 4 walls too.
    Those are nice finds as well. Check out the new tent that, for some, could double as a tent and canopy.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

!!

8 Person tent that can double as a tent and canopy for those small 2/3 person groups that can't afford to also buy a canopy.
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Not so much a sale price, but the best price available for this extremely useful product.

I wrapped 2 rolls of this around my EZ UP 10x10 canopy and slept in my tent, under the canopy until after 10AM each day. Bought 2 more rolls of it today and will be adding grommets to it for even more shade for our site, along with some PVC pipe to hold it up.

Coolaroo 6 Ft. x 15 Ft. Wheat 90% Shade Cloth - 302245 at The Home Depot

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/outdoor...oth-96584.html

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This is why you're a semi-employed cheetoh-munching fucktard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheClares View Post
    Not so much a sale price, but the best price available for this extremely useful product.

I wrapped 2 rolls of this around my EZ UP 10x10 canopy and slept in my tent, under the canopy until after 10AM each day. Bought 2 more rolls of it today and will be adding grommets to it for even more shade for our site, along with some PVC pipe to hold it up.

Thanks for this. Not a deal, but note worthy for sure! I think I found my next investment. =)

Let me go back and say that this is AMAZING!

purchased a first aid kit. thanks.

Rechargeable Portable Air Cooler and Mister
    $59.99 at Cabelas.com

* AC and 12-ft. 12V car adapter included
    * Powerful fan and evaporative mist
    * Works with most water bottles
    * Ice tray included

The Portable Air Cooler and Mister is a 3-in-1 cooling system that's perfect for camping, picnics and outdoor activities. The ice cold breeze lowers the air temperature, while the powerful mist and fan combine to provide instant cooling relief. The unit runs using the supplied 12-ft. 12V car or AC adapters, or if no power is available, it can be run on eight D batteries (not included). This personal air cooler and mister offers the ultimate in portable cooling. The misting unit fits most screw-cap water bottles.

Depending on the temperatures this year us northern folk might be made more comfortable with one of these.

This is a fantastic recommendation. I bought a 10x10 EZ Up last year, and just wound up using an old bed sheet with some zip ties to do something similar. I really like your grommet idea too, as the sheet I used wound up flying everywhere in the breeze. Should two 6x15 sheets be enough to make three "walls" for the EZ Up?

I also wanted to pass along the following link, which I saw mentioned in another post somewhere:

http://www.solio.com/charger/

While I haven't used any of the three on offer myself, they can work with lots of devices and seem like a good way to make use of Indio's most natural resource.

This is a great thread, by the way - I hope the suggestions keep on rolling in over the coming months!

Hey all, I'm looking for a shade-blocking solution that I can pack as luggage. Any suggestions? It basically just has to have a bag and be 62" or less (L+W+H). My baggage fees are covered, so that's not an issue. The closest I've found it this, but it has terrible reviews: http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...ductId=4339529. I also found a popup one at Walmart for $49, but it's 1" too big and I expect the airlines to be complete assholes about it

Not exactly a deal, but this is what I'm planning for my tent:
    http://amzn.com/B000EQCVQ6

Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    This is a fantastic recommendation. I bought a 10x10 EZ Up last year, and just wound up using an old bed sheet with some zip ties to do something similar. I really like your grommet idea too, as the sheet I used wound up flying everywhere in the breeze. Should two 6x15 sheets be enough to make three "walls" for the EZ Up?

I also wanted to pass along the following link, which I saw mentioned in another post somewhere:

http://www.solio.com/charger/

While I haven't used any of the three on offer myself, they can work with lots of devices and seem like a good way to make use of Indio's most natural resource.

This is a great thread, by the way - I hope the suggestions keep on rolling in over the coming months!
    Two sheets were actually almost enough to wrap completely around the 10x10 EZ UP, leaving the perfect gap to get out of the tent. I used Jumbo Office Binder clips to attach it to the EX Up poles, which also worked nicely.

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Large...10100:SS271759

I read today that zip ties may easily go thru the cloth, making the grommets unneeded.
    Last edited by TheClares; 01-23-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ibuprofane View Post
    Hey all, I'm looking for a shade-blocking solution that I can pack as luggage. Any suggestions? It basically just has to have a bag and be 62" or less (L+W+H). My baggage fees are covered, so that's not an issue. The closest I've found it this, but it has terrible reviews: http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...ductId=4339529. I also found a popup one at Walmart for $49, but it's 1" too big and I expect the airlines to be complete assholes about it

Not exactly a deal, but this is what I'm planning for my tent:
    http://amzn.com/B000EQCVQ6
    This looks like it could work, no reviews though: http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___28235

Two sheets were actually almost enough to wrap completely around the 10x10 EZ UP, leaving the perfect gap to get out of the tent. I used Jumbo Office Binder clips to attach it to the EX Up poles, which also worked nicely.

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Large...10100:SS271759

I read today that zip ties may easily go thru the cloth, making the grommets unneeded.
    Good to know about the size. How well did it let air in last year? keep reading that it is "breathable," so I am curious how it does in the desert.

Also, about how many of those clips did you have to use?

It was very breathable. I probably used about 12-15 clips. I think I brought two 12 packs.

Every household should have these, anyway. Get them for Coachella and use them for the rest of your life.

old school

I posted this in another thread but its a must to have especially if your parking in the car companion lot. Great for wheeling all your gear in. It saves your muscles & back. Its great for making runs for ice also througout the weekend. Make sure you get one with aluminum or metal wheels cuz the plastic ones are shite. They're about $25 at most places. Bring some bungie cords also if you want to stack sleeping bags & bedding up past the basket. The bungie cords can also be used to secure it to the top of a roof rack if you have one on your car.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    Coleman Instant 8-person Tent for $158.67 (Reg: $200!!) + FS & No Tax for Californians! @ Amazon
    Wow, this tent's review is amazing. Is there more than one sentence that's grammatically correct here?

Quote Originally Posted by Some Highly Qualified Amazon Reviewer
    I have taken this tent on four camp trip now. The tent goes up in minutes unlike my other tent that takes a good 30 minutes with at lest 3 people. I love the easy in which it goes up. But there are some major problem with it. Our first trip the tent did great, weather was in the high 80's and sunny. The second trip it rain 7-1/2 inches of rain wind gusts up to 50 miles an hour. The tent clamped, but to be fair so did a lot of other tents. The camp ground looked like a tornado went through it. We dried out put the tent back up discovered the one door zipper broke. With some rigging with duck take we were nice and dry. The next night another storm came the tent flooded, but stayed up. One the side with the broken door. Dried out again the rest of the trip was sunny and dry the tent was fine. When I got home I fixed the zipper, then headed out on another trip weather was sunny and Hot 90's. With all the windows we kept nice and cool, and had no problems. We set off on another trip another freak storm with major winds. It flood once again. I think if Coleman add a pole above the door ways this would stop the flooding, every time you open one of the doors while it is raining the water pours in because of the lack of support. I really like the whole ideal behind the tent and I do believe it could be a great tent with some miner adjustments. I would recommend this to a avid camper but not a beginner. There is too many things that could go wrong with this tent.

I read some of the other reveiws the person that had problems with the poles not going down, you need to make sure the poles are in lined. The poles will not go down if they are not straight. And to the one that had problems getting it back in bag gather all the pole to the center be sure they are all together then fold the tent around the poles as tight as possible. Then take the bag and place bag over one side. Flip tent and bag over you will need two people. Then you should be able to shove the rest of the tent into the bag. This is another reason I like this tent. This tent wont aloud you to fold it up the same way twice. If you do fold your tent up the same way each time, the folds cause weakling of the tent walls.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post

I posted this in another thread but its a must to have especially if your parking in the car companion lot. Great for wheeling all your gear in. It saves your muscles & back. Its great for making runs for ice also througout the weekend. Make sure you get one with aluminum or metal wheels cuz the plastic ones are shite. They're about $25 at most places. Bring some bungie cords also if you want to stack sleeping bags & bedding up past the basket. The bungie cords can also be used to secure it to the top of a roof rack if you have one on your car.
    I never thought about bringing mine. I will this year. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by stepup2stepout View Post
    Love this! I bought one last year. I actually use it pretty often when I'm working in my backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by NoneForMeThanks View Post
    Love this! I bought one last year. I actually use it pretty often when I'm working in my backyard.
    This seems like a fairly handy device; any idea how well the solar panel works in regards to charging an iPhone? I just used an inverter plugged into my car's cigarette lighter last year to charge my phone each day, but I don't want to be one of the people with a dead battery come Monday morning!

Yesterday I went out to check tents and their prices. Sports Authority had a fantastic deal for the Coleman Sundome 4. From $79, it went down to $49. This sale price only applies this week so be sure to check it out.

On their website, though, you can find a Coleman Sundome 3 for $37.49. That is exclusive online.

Just thought you guys should know! It's my first Coachella this year and I can't wait to do this whole camping thing.

Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    This seems like a fairly handy device; any idea how well the solar panel works in regards to charging an iPhone? I just used an inverter plugged into my car's cigarette lighter last year to charge my phone each day, but I don't want to be one of the people with a dead battery come Monday morning!
    Yeah, I've charged my iphone with it. Solar panels work well enough. I've used it to keep my iphone going while I'm sitting outside playing angry birds. The crank feature is nice to for a little extra juice in an emergency.

Just opened up the solar charger from Macy's -which is sold out now.

Looks pretty solid. I can't use any of the adapters it came with, but I'm pretty sure I have the right ones already from other chargers.

Takes 15-20 hours to fully charge by sun.

Can't wait to give a try.

Looks pretty solid. I can't use any of the adapters it came with, but I'm pretty sure I have the right ones already from other chargers.

Thanks for the review! Glad to see you'll have fun making crazy phone calls, and not worrying about keeping a little bit of battery left because you'll know...the next day you'll be up at the butt crack of dawn to charge her up!

Oh, and...

!! Sleeping bag for cheap. LIMITED SUPPLY!!

That sleeping bag is a great deal. Buying now...

Quote Originally Posted by thomas6937 View Post
    That sleeping bag is a great deal. Buying now...
    PULL THE TRIGGER

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camping-Bu...er=wPYnFnyU8sk

Tent, chair, and sleeping bag from Walmart for $50.00. Seems pretty disposable, but some people are into that. Especially those traveling from afar.