Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

Default Re: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

I just got it a few weeks ago so I'll have to get back with you for a more detailed report. The manual says 50 hours, but obviously its less than that for full volume. I fully charged it and have used it for about 15 hours at around 30% volume and it still has juice.

I like that you can also charge from it, as well. I have some battery packs and solar stuff, but I wonder if my panels would keep it charged enough to use all weekend while charging phones at the same time.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    Austin City Limits (weekend 1)

Mine has stickers on it so its like totally rad.

stickers are magical like that. my computer started running so much better once I put some stickers on it!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    Austin City Limits (weekend 1)

Cheap Head Lamps. Great for late night/early morning bathroom use. Sometimes these go down to a $1.

Currently $4.99 +Free Shipping
    MeritLine.com
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

10156922.jpg

Coleman portable grill. $49.28 normaly $80! in store (YMMV)

Inventory checker to see if your store has it:
    http://www.userquote.com/tools/inventory_checker.php
    Item # 10156922
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Just a quick reminder to anyone who frequents gear - get an REI membership. You can return gear that is old and worn for new gear, or if something sucks and you don't like it, return no problem. You also receive extra yearly dividends and many coupons for great savings.

Great for long term camping items.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Just a quick reminder to anyone who frequents gear - get an REI membership. You can return gear that is old and worn for new gear, or if something sucks and you don't like it, return no problem. You also receive extra yearly dividends and many coupons for great savings.

Great for long term camping items.

Great tent, and possible the last tent you will ever buy.

Reg: $200, Now: $160
    2-Person Tent 7X3.5
    Little pricey but on sale at Backcountry.com OUTLET

More deals here.

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    Great tent, and possible the last tent you will ever buy.

Reg: $200, Now: $160
    2-Person Tent 7X3.5
    Little pricey but on sale at Backcountry.com OUTLET

More deals here.

You can also use the promo code TAKE50 and it cuts the price to just under $100.

Last couple of years I slept in the bed of my truck with an EZ-up over it, worked great cause I didn't burn up like my tented neighbors did.

Also was unprepared for the s***storm of wind last year. The dust kicked my ass Sunday night… also came back to someone else's EZ-up in our camp.

We bought this tent last year and it worked out pretty great.

It's a $55 coleman tent that is 8X6 which means it can fit nicely between 2 cars to maximize space at your site, if you park the cars a little towards the edges of the parking spaces.

It's also nice that it comes with a removable top so you can let the breeze in:

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Hoolig...+hooligan+tent
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Coldchella; 01-08-2014 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
    Last couple of years I slept in the bed of my truck with an EZ-up over it, worked great cause I didn't burn up like my tented neighbors did.

Also was unprepared for the s***storm of wind last year. The dust kicked my ass Sunday night… also came back to someone else's EZ-up in our camp.
    A friend of mine did this and said it worked great too. Obviously didn't do anything for the wind but helped for the shade.

We came back to our EZ-Up in someone else's camp. Ha!

if anyone spots a good deal on an air mattress please post it

For all you camp enhancement enthusiasts.

Strips of LED lights for super cheap available.

$4.48 Super Bright White 5M 300LEDs 3528 Flexible Lighting Strips 12V

Specifications:

● View angle:120
    ● Working Voltage: 12VDC
    ● LED Quantity:60 leds/ Mete
    ● Working Current/meter: 0.35-0.4A
    ● Output power: 20-24W /5 Meter
    ● Working Tempreture:-20 to 50
    ● Protection Rate (Non-waterproof)
    ● Luminous Flux: 250-300 Lumens/Meter
    ● Color Temperature: 6500 --7000K
    ● Size: L500cm (5M) x W0.8cm x T0.25cm

Features:

● Low power consumption,Super-bright but running with low temperature
    ● All the light spread and completely smooth,luminous very even
    ● Every 3-LEDS cuttable without damaging the rest strips, according to your requirement
    ● Self-adhesive back with Adhesive tape for secure and easy application
    ● LED Type: High Quality 3528 SMD LED, high intensity and reliability, Long lifespan >50,000 hours

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...eflective+tarp

What are the opinions on reflective tarps like the ones I just linked? (Found from way back in this thread)

I'm debating between getting some of those, or going for a manufacturer produced sidewall set like these:http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trai...n-Tan/21063167

The reflective tarps appear to be much more stout material and not as airy, but if they keep the inside cooler it could be worth it. The wind curtain from the manufacturer just kind of looks like tent material and doesn't seem like it would keep out as much sun, but it may breathe more?

Quote Originally Posted by thirtynation View Post
    http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...eflective+tarp

What are the opinions on reflective tarps like the ones I just linked? (Found from way back in this thread)

I'm debating between getting some of those, or going for a manufacturer produced sidewall set like these:http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trai...n-Tan/21063167

The reflective tarps appear to be much more stout material and not as airy, but if they keep the inside cooler it could be worth it. The wind curtain from the manufacturer just kind of looks like tent material and doesn't seem like it would keep out as much sun, but it may breathe more?
    Personally. Neither.

Buy an EZ-UP then wrap this material around it to make your walls and shade area. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Coolaroo-...2238/100656899

And then buy something like this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/RL-Flo-Ma...56HD/100164531

Your life should be reasonably better off with those investments.

That was a third option I was looking in to. UV mesh. Either the coolaroo material or similar product like this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Gardener-...1655506&sr=1-4

I'm sure they are both the same?

I'm also planning on making my own mist system, similar to the one in the official mist thread. The mister in the link in the second post changed models from the one that is pictured in the thread, and the new one has horrible reviews like the bottom seam leaking and such. I bought this from amazon and will test it with the mist hose also in that thread:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Finally, I'm either going to get an Ozark Mountain 10'x10' straight leg from walmart for $94, or go with a 10'x20' carport for virtually the same price (slightly cheaper). I'm leaning towards carport, and use one half for sleeping and the other for hanging out.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Caravan-Ca...ingMethod=p13n

The fabric is the same, yes. The misting, looks good.

The car port. Personally. Too big. Too heavy. Too much of a pain in my ass. But some people do it. An EZup or equivalent. Less fuss and 33lb pounds versus 42lb for that canopy or 60lb with that car port.

33lb EZ up at Kmart $73 bucks http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...7&AID=11042397
    Last edited by vogina; 02-05-2014 at 06:16 PM.

LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.

http://www.harborfreight.com/lawn-ga...ght-68353.html

Solar LED Rope light on sale at harbor freight for $10. Thats a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBlank View Post

I'm really looking to score some rope lights this year. But those ones could be a bitch without the on off switch

Quote Originally Posted by dillycup View Post
    I'm really looking to score some rope lights this year. But those ones could be a bitch without the on off switch
    Gotta read the reviews for the full story. There is a switch, but it is located on the solar panel. It does on/off and a function to change between solid on or blinking. The panel also appears to charge a AA sized battery, which leads me to believe you could just pop in a standard battery as a last resort. This looks like a good buy...

I'm getting this, and a single reflective tarp from HF for the east end of my canopy. I'll use UV mesh for the rest of the sides. Best of both worlds! Add in the mist system and I'm expecting maximum comfortocity.
    Last edited by thirtynation; 02-07-2014 at 03:28 AM.

I bought an army tarp from Army/Navy last year for my EZ-UP and it worked just fine. it was pretty big so we had more than enough room for one side and it was only $11.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBlank View Post

Just be careful, the installation instructions are serious business.
    1. Verify that installation surface has no hidden utility lines before drilling, driving screws, or digging to insert stake.
    2. Place/mount the LED Rope to prevent tripping or choking. Keep out of reach of young children and babies.
    3. Install only according to these instructions. Improper installation can create hazards.
    4. Wear ANSI-approved safety goggles and heavy-duty work gloves during installation.
    5. Keep installation area clean and well lit.
    6. Keep bystanders out of the area during installation.
    7. Do not install when tired or when under the influence of drugs or medication.
    8. This product is not a toy. Do not allow children to play with or near this item.
    9. Use as intended only.
    10. CONTAINS NICKEL-CADMIUM BATTERY. BATTERY MUST BE RECYCLED OR DISPOSED OF PROPERLY.
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Just be careful, the installation instructions are serious business.
    1. Verify that installation surface has no hidden utility lines before drilling, driving screws, or digging to insert stake.
    2. Place/mount the LED Rope to prevent tripping or choking. Keep out of reach of young children and babies.
    3. Install only according to these instructions. Improper installation can create hazards.
    4. Wear ANSI-approved safety goggles and heavy-duty work gloves during installation.
    5. Keep installation area clean and well lit.
    6. Keep bystanders out of the area during installation.
    7. Do not install when tired or when under the influence of drugs or medication.
    8. This product is not a toy. Do not allow children to play with or near this item.
    9. Use as intended only.
    10. CONTAINS NICKEL-CADMIUM BATTERY. BATTERY MUST BE RECYCLED OR DISPOSED OF PROPERLY.
    Sheesh! They're not fuckin around. Better install this bad boy when I first get there, and bring my safety equipment. Definitely gonna keep my mouth CLOSED when I install it as well.

Okay, this does not qualify as a deal (it's very spendy), but if you do a lot of camping in general, or have deep pockets and want to enjoy your once-yearly festival camping experience in comfort, this therm-a-rest luxurylite ultralite cot is the greatest thing ever invented.

After hemming and hawing for years over the price, we finally bit the bullet and bought some, and I'm so excited to say that after a lifetime of camping trips, I can at last sleep on my side... YAY. These things are ridiculously comfortable. For super comfy-ness, throw your Therm-a-Rest pad on top (in cold weather, you'll need to use that or a CCF pad for extra insulation, but that won't be an issue at Coachella). I can't speak for the durability yet, but for comfort value, they're worth every penny.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

You can't put a price on comfortable sleep in uncomfortable conditions. Couple hundred bucks is nothing.

Air mattress, earplugs, exhaustion. I'm all set.

Quote Originally Posted by thirtynation View Post
    Gotta read the reviews for the full story. There is a switch, but it is located on the solar panel. It does on/off and a function to change between solid on or blinking. The panel also appears to charge a AA sized battery, which leads me to believe you could just pop in a standard battery as a last resort. This looks like a good buy...

I'm getting this, and a single reflective tarp from HF for the east end of my canopy. I'll use UV mesh for the rest of the sides. Best of both worlds! Add in the mist system and I'm expecting maximum comfortocity.
    ahh good lookin out. imma get 3 right neow

why can't you just lay it on the ground tho?