Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

Default Re: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by MusicIsMyBoyfriend View Post
    Thanks for the input on the fan guys, being a first time camper, this section has been the most essential to my Coachella prep this year and everyone in here has been a major help. Can't wait to be out in the middle of those wide open fields with all of you!

I was thinking the fan was probably too small to make any real difference. I'll save my cash for some other camp essentials. I think I'll try to find some personal hand held options.
    They have hand held misters. Might want to look into something like that. Or the fan water bottle things, etc.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

http://www.sportchalet.com/product/o...y=priceDescend

check out this sleeping bag/gumby suit..it beats a snuggy any day!!

Quote Originally Posted by neckface View Post
    http://www.sportchalet.com/product/o...y=priceDescend

check out this sleeping bag/gumby suit..it beats a snuggy any day!!
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

BEST DEAL EVER!!!!!!!!! NO MORE SOLAR CHARGERS!!!!! $15.00 60 HOURS OF CHARGE!! HURRY ALMOST SOLD OUT

http://www.dailysteals.com/
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

^^^^^
    I just bought one of these, thanks!!!

Just picked up camouflage netting (10'x20') from a military surplus store for $80. My shade situation is taken care of.

Watch out for the bugs
    Helping you make 2014 the best festival ever...

As close to being your dedicated driver without the price.

Just when you think you are getting ahead of the rat race, along comes faster rats.

Just checked. No bugs.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but Sears has an AWESOME deal on legit EZ-UP canopies. 10x10 with a sidewall for $59!!!!! Bought 3 of them.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00622710000P

edit: nevermind, already posted. a great deal nonetheless! wish I'd seen that coupon code, oh well.

Is this ridiculous or a nice idea? I've never been to Coachella but I need some sleep after partying all night/day...

http://reviews.northerntool.com/0394...ws/reviews.htm

waste of $150?
    Last edited by MistaGlitch; 03-31-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaGlitch View Post
    Is this ridiculous or a nice idea? I've never been to Coachella but I need some sleep after partying all night/day...

http://reviews.northerntool.com/0394...ws/reviews.htm

waste of $150?
    If by "need sleep", you mean "not sweating yourself awake from the heat in your tent at 7AM", I'd spend the money on a canopy, and get some sidewalls. Attach one sidewall to the east for the morning rising sun, and another for the south side. A canopy and some sidewalls/tarp/reflective cloth/whatever you choose/ will do wonders, and will cost far less than $150. See "THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!" if you want ideas on the cheapest places for these things. I'd also recommend getting a misting system, which will also significantly lower the temperature under your canopy and your body, and it's cheap. See "The Official Mist Thread". You can get am EZ-up, sidewalls, and a mister set up combined for less than $150 and it will do much better than a fan blowing hot air on you bright and early in the morning.

10-4

Talking Re: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by fear_the_tree View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted already, but Sears has an AWESOME deal on legit EZ-UP canopies. 10x10 with a sidewall for $59!!!!! Bought 3 of them.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00622710000P

edit: nevermind, already posted. a great deal nonetheless! wish I'd seen that coupon code, oh well.
    That's a good deal! I hadn't seen the earlier post and those canopy prices are worth a re-post. I had bought one on Amazon for $95, but I think it will be worth it to return it and buy the Sears one. Luckily their still in stock!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    That's a good deal! I hadn't seen the earlier post and those canopy prices are worth a re-post. I had bought one on Amazon for $95, but I think it will be worth it to return it and buy the Sears one. Luckily their still in stock!

Thanks!

use code spring2011 for 5 bucks off

I ordered mine online and picked them up at 2 different stores (one store didn't have enough). Couldn't have made my life any easier.

its called space, dude-and we're goin there

i bought that e-z up from sears yesterday also, hell of a deal

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    OMG! I saw this at Big5 here the other day and thought it was a display item. Turns out it sells for $99. They only had one and it was their display so it had a tear or two already from passersby...Oh well...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I'd probably break that one too.

Hey for all of you crazy cats doing the 10x10 ezup with a tent underneath, I was wondering if anyone has reccomendations for a tent to buy that fits under nicely? It's just me and my girlfriend, so I was thinking of doing the 10x10 ezup, shade walls, mister setup, tent underneath, and hopefully an airbed inside.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonkadams View Post
    Hey for all of you crazy cats doing the 10x10 ezup with a tent underneath, I was wondering if anyone has reccomendations for a tent to buy that fits under nicely? It's just me and my girlfriend, so I was thinking of doing the 10x10 ezup, shade walls, mister setup, tent underneath, and hopefully an airbed inside.

Thoughts?
    Best to find a small 3man tent, pretty much any 3man tent will fit, at least part way fit. But I wouldn't really want the tent underneath at least completely cause I plan on cooking under the ez-up and sitting/relaxing under the ez up.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Jason,

This is what I bought last year and had under the EZ UP, and it fit perfectly. 9x9 was pushing it, a 10x10 might not have worked, assuming your EZ UP is 10x10.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EQ82A0
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This is why you're a semi-employed cheetoh-munching fucktard.

Lurker

Has anyone used this sun screen for side walls?
    Obviously the purpose would be to block the sun in the morning and allow the breeze to come though. I was going to put grommets on it and attach it to my 10x10 canopy with zip ties and have my tent underneath.
    Thought? Ideas? Suggestions?

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

Quote Originally Posted by jasontx View Post
    Obviously the purpose would be to block the sun in the morning and allow the breeze to come though. I was going to put grommets on it and attach it to my 10x10 canopy with zip ties and have my tent underneath.

Yes, that (or something like it.)

Quote Originally Posted by TheClares View Post
    Not so much a sale price, but the best price available for this extremely useful product.

I wrapped 2 rolls of this around my EZ UP 10x10 canopy and slept in my tent, under the canopy until after 10AM each day. Bought 2 more rolls of it today and will be adding grommets to it for even more shade for our site, along with some PVC pipe to hold it up.

Coolaroo 6 Ft. x 15 Ft. Wheat 90% Shade Cloth - 302245 at The Home Depot

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/outdoor...oth-96584.html

Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    This is a fantastic recommendation. I bought a 10x10 EZ Up last year, and just wound up using an old bed sheet with some zip ties to do something similar. I really like your grommet idea too, as the sheet I used wound up flying everywhere in the breeze. Should two 6x15 sheets be enough to make three "walls" for the EZ Up?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by blueduck View Post
    BEST DEAL EVER!!!!!!!!! NO MORE SOLAR CHARGERS!!!!! $15.00 60 HOURS OF CHARGE!! HURRY ALMOST SOLD OUT

http://www.dailysteals.com/
    missed out on this deal but i still picked up one of these, definitely seems essential and i can see me using this forever!

$25 @ Dealyard
    http://www.dealyard.com/p-4981-durac...LAID=844576666
    #coachellaweekend1
    #takeitsleazy

Quote Originally Posted by jasontx View Post

Probably too late to order the Coolaroo from Home Depot online, but if that is like the stuff I got, the Zip ties should work themselves through the shade cloth without the need for grommets.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This is why you're a semi-employed cheetoh-munching fucktard.

Got one of these (different color) from local wal mart for $129 it has 144sq ft of space and is super easy to put up and has corners which I like (makes adding the side shades easier) and the longer anchors too since last year the wind blew away one of my canopies on sunday night while I was watching Gorillaz! And it's coleman so of course great quality. I have used regular tarps that I get cheap from Harbor Freight as side walls but it sounds like that would be nice to let the valley breeze through!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-12..._fb_revshr_001
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

^^ Do you have multiple camping sites?
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

target has a 10x10 canopy, 6 person tent, sleeping bags, queen air mattress and camping chairs on sale in this weeks ad...

it's like they knew...

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    ^^ Do you have multiple camping sites?
    Oh of course :-) We have 3 and we have mapped out the setup so that we can fit this one and another 10x10 easily. The 12x12 fits over the bed of my truck too and I have an old futon I might just throw in the bed and sleep on that! Probably much better than the air mattress...I hate those things!
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

i just bought the 12x12 canopy, 10x13 tent and 2 chair combo from walmart... i picked it up, and instead of 2 chairs they gave me 2 boxes of 4 chairs. so now i have 8 camping chairs. anyone need a chair?
    My girlfriend looks a little bit like Charlize Theron... and a lot like Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by elbrycen View Post
    i just bought the 12x12 canopy, 10x13 tent and 2 chair combo from walmart... i picked it up, and instead of 2 chairs they gave me 2 boxes of 4 chairs. so now i have 8 camping chairs. anyone need a chair?
    If you have extras I'd gladly take one! I live in claremont so PM me if you're interested. Cheers