Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

Default Re: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

Those Wal-Mart tents aren't all that bad. I have used the same $25 orange one that you see all over the campgrounds for the past two years.

Multipurpose shovel for only $9.99! Open a beer bottle, if you smuggle it in, dig a hole for a tee-pee, cut some rope, and have an extra pick!

Plus really big pictures of it too!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Drat, the "High Peak Simex Sport Sirius Sleeping Bag" is sold out/unavailable on Ice Monkey. Just FYI, Vogina. Thanks for providing all the updates, I've purchased three things from this thread so far.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Default Cabela's hardsided cooler

Actually, it did very well on a camping trip up to Carmel Valley last weekend. A small bag of ice was mostly intact from Saturday morning to late Sunday. Another friend bought one and his 20lb bag of ice lasted from Wednesday to Sunday. It should perform well camping at Coachella. The shipping surcharge was $15 making it $45 total for a $130 cooler. Say hello to a good buy:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...h-All+Products

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    Item Notes Include:
    Due to the size and/or weight of this item, there will be a surcharge added to your total shipping cost for each item shipping via Standard Express to the United States and Canada.

Don't know if that would kill the deal or not. Also,the reviews do not look that tempting. If you pull the trigger, let us know.

Sweet.

Default Re: Cabela's hardsided cooler

Quote Originally Posted by RickeyinLA View Post
    Actually, it did very well on a camping trip up to Carmel Valley last weekend. A small bag of ice was mostly intact from Saturday morning to late Sunday. Another friend bought one and his 20lb bag of ice lasted from Wednesday to Sunday. It should perform well camping at Coachella. The shipping surcharge was $15 making it $45 total for a $130 cooler. Say hello to a good buy:
    Better yet, change it to "In Store Pickup" if you've got one close to you and it ships to the store for free, meaning you'll only pay $29.99 + tax. A steal.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Default Re: Cabela's hardsided cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    Drat, the "High Peak Simex Sport Sirius Sleeping Bag" is sold out/unavailable on Ice Monkey. Just FYI, Vogina. Thanks for providing all the updates, I've purchased three things from this thread so far.
    Thank's for that. Been busy. Appreciate it. Glad you're buying the useful things.

Quote Originally Posted by RickeyinLA View Post

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...h-All+Products
    Going on the front page!
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

This is the least expensive one that I could find:

Texsport Brookhaven Arbor $56.99 Overstock.com $2.95 shipping
    o Enhance your time outdoors with a Texsport Brookhaven arbor
    o Outdoors accessory features heavy-duty construction
    o Camping accessory measures 10 feet x 10 feet x 92 inches
    o Heavy-duty rip-stop polyethylene material
    o Water repellent and maintenance free
    o Great for camping or picnics
    o Rust-resistant 3/4-inch diameter chain-corded steel poles
    o Molded pole joints
    o Hook-n-loop straps secure skin to frame
    o Complete with stakes and carry/storage bag
    o Flame retardant, meets C.P.A.I.-84 specifications
    o Pine green and snow white color combination

Dimensions:
    10 ft x 10 ft x 92 in
    Warranty:
    1 year Limited Manufacturer
    Materials:
    Polyethylene, Steel
    Model No:
    http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys...tml?cid=204695

^^ Take into account that the tie-downs extend well past 10 feet.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Ive set those up before, they are a pain in the ass and are not very sturdy.

Schumacher PP-2200 Portable Outdoor Power Unit $63.25 with free shipping from Amazon.com
    Built-in 400 watt inverter to operate 120 volt (household current) elecronics / appliances 12-volt accessory outlet with short circuit and overload protection Charged / charging battery status LED indicators for internal battery Compact and durable corrosion-resistant case Ideal for camping - tailgating and emergency uses when portable power is needed such as for TVs - spotlights - small kitchen appliances - cell phones - rope lighting and more Model PP-2200 16.3
    http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CD8Q8wIwAQ#

Diehard 71486 750 Peak Amps 12Ah Portable Power Source with 12-Volt $59.00 AceHardwareoutlet.com
    DieHard Portable Power's 750 Peak Amps jump starts 12-volt vehicle batteries and powers lights, cell phones, camcorders, fans, tools, small TVs and radios during a power outage at home, in a vehicle, camping etc.! The 74186's included 12-volt DC power outlet provides up to 20 hours of DC power for accessories and built-in light. The built-in automatic charger recharges the internal 12Ah DieHard battery so power is available when you need it!
    http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CEcQ8wIwAw#

Power and charging options.

ION Audio Block Rocker Battery Powered Speaker System $113.97
    Ion Audio's Block Rocker Battery Powered Speaker System for iPod is the perfect portable speaker system for traveling musicians, entertainers and event coordinators. A long-lasting rechargeable battery, sturdy construction and portable design, make certain the Block Rocker can be taken anywhere and everywhere. It features a high-efficiency amplifier with four inputs for connecting microphones, instruments, CD/MP3 players, and a universal dock for iPod. This powerhouse sound system makes every mobile event a success.
    Portable Power
    The Block Rocker pumps 22 Watts of peak power through an 8-inch woofer and a 1-inch silk dome tweeter, enabling you to deliver high-quality sound to over 150 feet. The system's enhanced bass response (a frequency response of 70Hz - 50kHz) means full, rich audio no matter the setting.
    Four Input Options
    With four inputs and independent level controls, the Block Rocker is a versatile system. Give a speech with some background music, play instruments over recorded music, or any other combo you might come up with. Inputs include:
    * iPod: Integrated Universal Dock for iPod, iPod Mini, or iPod Nano
    * Microphone: Balanced XLR or 1/4" microphone
    * Instrument: 1/4-inch jack for guitar, keyboard, other instrument, or second microphone
    * CD/MP3 Player: RCA line level input for CD player, MP3 player, or other audio device
    Party All Day
    Thanks to the Block Rocker's built-in rechargeable battery, you'll get over 12 hours of amplification on one charge. Level indicators let you know when it's time for a recharge.
    Take It Anywhere
    The Block Rocker's heavy-duty aluminum construction means it can handle a bit of banging around. The two-wheel system with retractable handle makes for easy portability, and it's also 1-3/8-inch PA speaker stand mountable, so you can get full sound projection
    Mic Included
    A professional quality microphone is included, along with a cable--plug right in and go.
    What's in the Box
    Ion Audio Block Rocker, microphone with cable, power cable.
    http://www.amazon.com/ION-Rocker-Bat..._sim_dbs_ol_15

Headlamp + Lantern combo with batteries and FS!

Headlamp + Lantern combo with batteries and FS!
    That one is back to it's normal price now... I went to buy one yesterday (at the discounted price) for my buddy who is also camping but a total n00b to it and it gave me some wacky error about not being able to finalize the shopping cart or some crap. Ah well. Thought you should know so you could take it down.

Yo everyone i have a camping spot and i have alot of extra room if people need a place to stay. im camping with my girlfriend and my best friend has his own camping spot and our friends from colorado that we met last year have a camping spot as well. this is my 3rd year going to coachella!!! i am uber 420 friendly and am willing to accept compensation preferably cash or "mind altering" things. i am heavy into all the dubstep artists there this year, but i listen to everything so dont trip. expect a serious nonstop 3 day rager at our campsite. if you meet the criteria or are interested then hit me up. my cell phone number is 562 215 9393 and my email is biodome722@yahoo.com first come first served. but i do have alot of space so get at me!!
    Gimme a banana cognac BITCH!!

best deal i've found for an ez up: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0070921x00003c

Thumbs up Re: THE CAMPING EQUIPMENT DEALS THREAD!

Hello My husband and I and a good friend are coming from PHX! Anyone from PHX going? We have two camping spots and a large 10 man tent. Looking for peole who may want to camp next two us and a group or maybe with us and help with food, campiing and gas expenses. We are very openminded people and paln on having a party. We are not first time coachella goers!!

A thread to keep up with any deals that pop up for Tenting equipment on Wiki, Slickdeals, FatWallet, and so on. Thread will be updated on first post to keep the clusterfuck to a minimum.

1/30/11

Coleman LED Headlamp and Lantern Combo $16.99 (Reg: $34!) +FS @ Meijer

1/28/11 - Thanks RickeyinLA

Cabela's Blemished Steel Belted Cooler $29.99 (Reg: $129.99!) @ Cabelas

Save big on slightly blemished coolers <---Don't know what this means?
    Steel latch and hinges
    Keeps ice up to five days at 90F
    Capacity: 54 quarts.
    Dimensions: 23-3/4"L x 16"W x 16-1/2"H.
    Color: Green.

1/19/11

8oz Flask $4.99 (Reg. $19.99!) @ Ice Monkey

FS!
    No Tax for Californians!!

1/18/11

Columbia Bugaboo II Geo Dome Tent with Foot Lockers $100 (Reg. $198!) shipped @ Amazon

Spacious dome tent with sleeping space for up to 5 people
    Cyclone venting system increases air circulation within the tent
    GoBe Dry rain protection system keeps rain from seeping inside
    2 external storage lockers, gear loft, and cupholders
    Measures 12 x 6.16 x 9 feet (W x H x D) and weighs 21 pounds

I was just about to buy that awesome looking cooler when I checked out the reviews. Not great ones, but only 4 people reviewed it ranging from DO NOT BUY to a successful 10 day trip to an island with plenty of ice.. did anyone here actually buy this cooler? Is it worth it? Since I'm already getting a solar shower, I'm afraid having to dump ice water every day is going to soak our onsite spot.

Great thread btw. I'm entering phase two of Operation Coachella VI, which is homework and hunting/gathering. (did i just sound nerdy?) This helps a ton!

Does anybody know any other good camping equipment stores around Santa Monica (either 3rd St or Main St areas), other than REI (they seem expensive)?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Duvel; 02-06-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: spelling

http://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Produ...7104295&sr=8-1

I'm getting one of these bad boys, got the idea last year.

You're gonna need a canopy or solid easy up, and don't fill it up all the way, and just hang it up when you need it.

Place your canopy near the walk way and make sure the water goes in the walk way.

Good way to rinse off, and psuedo showers during peak times.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    Does anybody know any other good camping equipment stores around Santa Monica (either 3rd St or Main St areas), other than REI (they seem expensive)?

Thanks in advance.
    check out some army surplus stores, and don't go to REI it's usually really expensive, Big-5 is a better option, but be sale hunting, we all have enough time, check everything from Rite-Aid to Walmart - etc.

planning ahead saves.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Also for anyone worried about charged battery during the festival, check out what I just posted in the solar energy thread, it's a small, portable solar panel that you can attach to your backpack.

Charged cell through the whole festival.
    COACHELLA 2014

$15 Stove! Great reviews and the fuel is also $15 for a 12 pack.

Stove

Fuel

Last edited by digitaldragon03; 02-08-2011 at 01:51 PM.

cant go wrong with that stove, no need to spend a lot of money on a coleman.
    COACHELLA 2014

Is there a local place (in Palm Springs or Indio) that sells the gasone fuel? That stove looks rad but we can't bring butane on an airplane.
    Coachella 2010, 2011
    Treasure Island Music Festival 2010, 2011
    Sasquatch 2010
    Bumbershoot 2010
    Warped Tour 2008, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by discobotica
    ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE THE SAHARA

Quote Originally Posted by illywilly View Post
    Is there a local place (in Palm Springs or Indio) that sells the gasone fuel? That stove looks rad but we can't bring butane on an airplane.
    Not to be a spoiler but be advised the FAQ states only propane can be used. I'm not saying you're going to get harrassed, but be forewarned.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    Not to be a spoiler but be advised the FAQ states only propane can be used. I'm not saying you're going to get harrassed, but be forewarned.
    Oh I do remember reading that now. Hmmm.
    Coachella 2010, 2011
    Treasure Island Music Festival 2010, 2011
    Sasquatch 2010
    Bumbershoot 2010
    Warped Tour 2008, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by discobotica
    ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE THE SAHARA

They also don't want people to do drugs or have bottles of alcohol. Just be smart with it, and you'll be fine.
    COACHELLA 2014

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Powerm...236314&sr=8-18

Advance mixture of butane and propane
    COACHELLA 2014

$35 OFF STRIPPPER POLES AT AMAZON
    Trinity Vibes The Trinity Dance Pole

ONLY $97, GREAT REVIEWS, PERFECT FOR CAR (TRUCK) CAMPING, HEAVY DUTY STEEL CONSTRUCTION, COTTON CANDY PINK FINISH

Quote Originally Posted by BKBroiler View Post
    $35 OFF STRIPPPER POLES AT AMAZON
    Trinity Vibes The Trinity Dance Pole

ONLY $97, GREAT REVIEWS, PERFECT FOR CAR (TRUCK) CAMPING, HEAVY DUTY STEEL CONSTRUCTION, COTTON CANDY PINK FINISH

hahahahaaha ... that is awesome! Though I feel like it's more of a thing that people would bring to camp at a Nascar race, haha.