Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotels for 2015

Default Hotels for 2015

I checked the hotels we usually stay at (Hilton Homewood Suites and Marriott Shadow Ridge). Both show no rooms available for either weekend of the festival. I don't know if this is because they don't book rooms that far out, or if it's because both are in the travel package blocks. I was able to get a room for 2014 anyway. I see the other hotels have already jacked up their prices. I don't want to pay $260+ a night for a crappy room. Any other decent hotels in the Palm Desert/Rancho Mirage area? Full refrigerator and microwave are a must.

Default Re: Hotels for 2015

holiday Inn Express had em at $99 this morning, all gone now. Whoops

Renaissance is 100 dollars more expensive a night this year. This shit is fucking out of hand!!!!

I feel like Indio gets enough year round travel for them to not completely rape the Coachella crowd....it's kinda fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    holiday Inn Express had em at $99 this morning, all gone now. Whoops
    I was thinking this morning I should reserve rooms before the announcement. I didn't. I suck.

I reserved rooms the day after weekend 2. Still a rip off, but not as bad as it is now.

I guess I will just keep checking, maybe something will come up.

Some sites won't let me even select the weekend 2 dates yet, but for those that do have them listed, the prices are a lot more than normal... I've been staying down in Palm Springs for the past 7 or 8 years for the festival and rarely pay more than $100 a night. This year we got that rate at the Hyatt Regency using hotwire.com and requesting a 4 star hotel. The only drawback was having to pay for the entire thing at the time of booking.

I really don't want to stay any farther than Rancho Mirage. We stayed in Palm Springs one year, and the drive home was scary--over an hour after getting past the traffic jam near the festival grounds and I was nodding off the whole way.

$55 rooms at Best Western Inn Palm Springs. Booked mine last night.

I was at the Homewood Suites this year and was planning on going back. Sort of disappointed it's already sold out. Made my res elsewhere though.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by NTellier85 View Post
    $55 rooms at Best Western Inn Palm Springs. Booked mine last night.
    Holy shit, that's an awesome price. Just got mine too. Sure beats the 600 bucks I was paying at the Comfort Inn near there.

It could be that it isn't necessarily sold out, but just not on sale this far in advance... it's always hard to say...

I did however find some hotels searching tonight that didn't come up for me yesterday, including the Cimarron Golf Resort in Cathedral City where I've stayed two other years.. It was $145 a night, which is a little more than I usually like to pay, but at least I know that it's a hotel where I enjoy staying.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I was at the Homewood Suites this year and was planning on going back. Sort of disappointed it's already sold out.
    They just haven't updated their calendar yet past March 2015

Check next month, Tom.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

So apparently the shuttle isn't serving the Hard Rock next year?
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by ReasonableDoubt View Post
    They just haven't updated their calendar yet past March 2015
    I think Homewood/Hilton/Hampton, etc. have all wised up. Last year we stayed at the Homewood, La Quinta for $110, many years we enjoyed Hilton Garden Inn for $115. Good times at the Homewood, Palm Desert, with shuttle right outside the door, for $120....
    I was not able to piece together anything very clever for 2015. I hate to stay in a Motel 6 for $150. But then, I'm not there to get my nails done or
    lounge by the pool. I've reserved a couple places, and will check my favorites intermittently for availability.
    Last edited by HAIRYGOOMBA; 05-15-2014 at 11:12 AM.
    For all intensive porpoises presale finally sold out

Best western Palm Springs is now $202. LMAO. Thank goodness I got it previously. Still keeping an eye out for other good deals.

We are looking to stay at the Holiday Inn Express at 36101 Date Palm Drive , Cathedral City, CA - Does anyone know if the shuttle picks up from this hotel? Thanks

No shuttle out there...
    For all intensive porpoises presale finally sold out

The shuttles only service the one percenter hotels.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by rachelironside View Post
    We are looking to stay at the Holiday Inn Express at 36101 Date Palm Drive , Cathedral City, CA - Does anyone know if the shuttle picks up from this hotel? Thanks
    10 minute drive to the Park and Ride @ Agua Caliente

Also for the price they are charging, you can stay closer

I booked a two-room suite at the Indian palms vacation club yesterday and its only about 1.5 miles from venue. It was $1350 but sleeps 6 and we will be splitting it 6 ways so it shouldn't be too bad. I think there's still a couple rooms available but for $1500. Anyone ever stay here? I'm interested in finding out how the hotel was, and how you got to the festival (walk, drive, bike?).

Drive to the free parking on Ave. 49, and then walk from there. You will be watching bands within 30 minutes of stepping out your door.
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

Lurker

This will be my first year not camping (mrs is done going without AC and a bathroom). Could use some good recommendations, we did pick up shuttle passes just in case and really want to avoid driving. All the hotels on the lines seem a little pricey even this far out from the event. I looked at worldmark which seems much better value and from what I've read people have liked it except for getting people in and out. Any honest feedback for us. Could be for just a couple of us up to 8.

A week ago there were still rooms left at the Holiday Inn Express in Indio and Palm Desert for both weekends, both refundable and non-refundable. Now, all rooms are gone from the Indio location and W2 for Palm Desert. Refundable rooms gone from Palm Desert. I grabbed rooms at the Rancho Mirage location for both weekends. Refund policy is if you cancel a week before your stay no charge, but after that full charge. Still looking but I have a feeling this year will be even worse than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I was at the Homewood Suites this year and was planning on going back. Sort of disappointed it's already sold out. Made my res elsewhere though.
    I called Friday and they told me they'd be opening the block in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthehorn View Post
    Cool. Will keep checking back then.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthehorn View Post
    They lied to you...Can be booked now.

Quote Originally Posted by ReasonableDoubt View Post
    They lied to you...Can be booked now.
    Different place.
    Last edited by iamthehorn; 05-19-2014 at 11:24 AM.