Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: 1st time @Coachella

  1. #1
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hermosillo, MX
    Posts
    32

    Default 1st time @Coachella

    This will be the first time I'll go to Coachella, I tried to go a couple of years ago but could not because of some problems. Anyway, the most probable thing is that a friend will go with me, and probably we will choose to camp.

    Someone could give me some tips about this? Someone else will go for the first time too?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member Cpt. Funkaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,072

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    Watch out for your cornhole, bud.

    EDIT: But seriously, just read the Camping FAQ's when the new website goes live (sounds like it will be simultaneous with the lineup announcement). They're tremendously informative, much more so than people here are likely to be.

    General tip on attending: Pace yourself - don't stay out in the sun forever, and keep yourself well hydrated. And try Spicy Pie, it's delicious.
    Last edited by Cpt. Funkaho; 01-11-2011 at 02:50 AM. Reason: decided to be at least marginally helpful
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

  3. #3
    Member newnostalgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    403

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    there are all kinds of 1st timer threads on here dude, just look around...ull know everything you'll need to know...

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    corona
    Posts
    661

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Watch out for your cornhole, bud.

    EDIT: But seriously, just read the Camping FAQ's when the new website goes live (sounds like it will be simultaneous with the lineup announcement). They're tremendously informative, much more so than people here are likely to be.

    General tip on attending: Pace yourself - don't stay out in the sun forever, and keep yourself well hydrated. And try Spicy Pie, it's delicious.
    couldn't of said it better myself. my own personal tips though.

    1. wake up early (don't matter sun will wake you the fuck up anyways in indio in april) and buy a lemonade, take said lemonade with your towel to the shower area . don't be stupid like everyone else and just stand there in a hour line without something to drink its just plain stupid.
    2. buy the official coachella water bottle it will allow you free refills when YOU ARE ROLLING BALLS!!!!!!
    3. WATCH THE FLOW OF THE CROWD ,it can be the difference between being in a good part of the sahara or your stuck way the fuck back by the origami in the main stage
    4.WATCH YOUR STEP-coachella is home to the most laziest yet most type A personalities ever. so you will be surrounded by douches throwing lit cigarettes on the ground, their trash anything you can think of water bottles for you to just step on and if your perception is altered due to drugs GOOD LUCK after every night at coachella it was hilarous seeing all the rolled out girls with their eyes like this O.0 trying to wander though the sea that is coachella

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie fatbastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    12,272

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    I'll never get those 8 seconds back. Thanks.
    Whiskey Sour

    2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

    Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

  6. #6

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    bring in a backpack so you can buy more then 1 bottle at once and dont have to leave your spot to go buy another

  7. #7
    Member newnostalgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    403

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    NO! No backpacks...at all!

    man-purse... ok

  8. #8
    Member Vic Viper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    1,764

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by LyricsForTheMind View Post
    bring in a backpack so you can buy more then 1 bottle at once and dont have to leave your spot to go buy another
    surefire way to be an asshole.

    bring in something sensible (like one of those drawstring bags you can wear like a backpack) or something small. do not cart in one of those obnoxious multi-pocket backpacks loaded with a six-pack of water bottles, snack mix, a fucking lawn chair, your ipod, and whatever the fuck else you can't live without for 12 measly hours.

    its rude, its obnoxious, people will hate you for it, and personally i will bug the shit out of you the entire time if you wedge yourself in front of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

  9. #9
    Member Mucho Maas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Narciso
    Posts
    515

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    yeah, a backpack is both obnoxious and uncomfortable.

    go for the fanny pack. if you can't fit all you need into it, then you need to downsize your list of essentials.

  10. #10
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,315

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  11. #11
    Member Sonybonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    260

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Maas View Post
    yeah, a backpack is both obnoxious and uncomfortable.

    go for the fanny pack. if you can't fit all you need into it, then you need to downsize your list of essentials.
    Fanny Packs are essential. Unless you don't mind having a sweaty, moist back during the festival.
    Coachella '10 + '11!

  12. #12
    old school juloxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    4,072

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    There are a lot of high level beasts wandering near the Sahara and the Do-lab. It is not advisable to explore these areas without a white mage, a summoner, and a proper materia set up. You will want to link your strongest summons with materia drain.
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

  13. #13

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    I hope you like falling asleep to dub step.

    2012 Coachella & TBA
    2011 Wakarusa & Bonnaroo
    2010 Coachella
    2009 Bonnaroo
    2008 Wakarusa

  14. #14

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    Im not saying bring a huge backpack. I am saying I brought in a Jansport backpack that could hold a couple bottles of water, a longsleeve, sun tan lotion and a few other small things....and if you tie it tight to your back it doesnt get in peoples way.

  15. #15
    Member LunaVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    I'm so hip I moved to Canada
    Posts
    987

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    get someone else to put your tent up for you

    i did mine at sham and i buggered it up

    also, use tarp

    errr

    that's it really

    it's just camping and a festival

    oh maybe take baby wipes

    lots of water

    errrr

    maybe some fruit

    if you gonna do the condo, get a bicycle, taxis are outrageous

    errrr that's it

  16. #16
    stepup2stepout
    Guest

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    If your going to bring a backpack, bring a small camelbak backpack. I did that last year, and it wasnt enough to get in peoples way, yet enough to carry 1-2 bottles of water along with my essentials.

  17. #17
    Member LunaVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    I'm so hip I moved to Canada
    Posts
    987

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    bring one of those adorable little fanny packs that the NFL players wear

    phahahah

    what do they carry in thos things?

    birth control

    FFS

    soccer ftw

  18. #18
    Member Mucho Maas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Narciso
    Posts
    515

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    ^hahaha, those are hand warmers

  19. #19
    Member wstsidela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,734

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    There are a lot of high level beasts wandering near the Sahara and the Do-lab. It is not advisable to explore these areas without a white mage, a summoner, and a proper materia set up. You will want to link your strongest summons with materia drain.
    They'll need lots of mana too
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

  20. #20
    Member venturas90sgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    Getting drunk off margaritas at 8am might seem like a good idea...it's not! I'll never forget the image of this drunk ass chick in the morning stumbling from tent to tent telling us "You're stupid if you don't go to Jack Johnson." I've never felt more honored to be stupid.

    Basically, pace yourself!
    Random list of shows I'll never remember to edit

  21. #21

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella


  22. #22
    Member Ajo209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    215

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by Josesativa View Post
    couldn't of said it better myself. my own personal tips though.

    1. wake up early (don't matter sun will wake you the fuck up anyways in indio in april) and buy a lemonade, take said lemonade with your towel to the shower area . don't be stupid like everyone else and just stand there in a hour line without something to drink its just plain stupid.
    2. buy the official coachella water bottle it will allow you free refills when YOU ARE ROLLING BALLS!!!!!!
    3. WATCH THE FLOW OF THE CROWD ,it can be the difference between being in a good part of the sahara or your stuck way the fuck back by the origami in the main stage
    4.WATCH YOUR STEP-coachella is home to the most laziest yet most type A personalities ever. so you will be surrounded by douches throwing lit cigarettes on the ground, their trash anything you can think of water bottles for you to just step on and if your perception is altered due to drugs GOOD LUCK after every night at coachella it was hilarous seeing all the rolled out girls with their eyes like this O.0 trying to wander though the sea that is coachella
    water refills are free for anyone no purchase necessary just bring an empty water jug to fill.

    the lemonade advice sounds like common sense

    and fuck following the crowd go where you want and do what you want, a little music research can go a long way

  23. #23
    Member footixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The "NO"
    Posts
    1,829

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaVC View Post
    bring one of those adorable little fanny packs that the NFL players wear

    phahahah

    what do they carry in thos things?

    birth control

    FFS

    soccer ftw
    get yourself one of these as well when the set times come out




  24. #24

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    2011 guys get wit da program.
    Formerly Riggins33
    Formerly Profchaos

    Coachella 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 w2 2013 w1

  25. #25
    Cult Leader koryp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    3,279

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by klpeters View Post
    Coachella Camper Survival Kit - a must read!

    http://www.youngdumbandfun.com/2013/...vival-kit.html
    Quit spamming this ESL bullshit.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

  26. #26

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    I was only pointing out this was from 2011. Sorry you're mad at life cause u can't handle a beer.
    Formerly Riggins33
    Formerly Profchaos

    Coachella 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 w2 2013 w1

  27. #27
    Member Jankypirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    411

    Default Re: 1st time @Coachella

    Morning margaritas are always a good idea. It's the shots of tequila that are best saved for later.
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12A, 13A

Similar Threads

  1. First Time @ Coachella
    By trenken0103 in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 07:20 AM
  2. First Time on Coachella...
    By ticoincoachella in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 02:28 PM
  3. 1st time Coachella-ers!
    By Hailleyh in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 09:49 PM
  4. Hey! It's Coachella time!
    By whynotsmile99 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 10:22 PM
  5. I'm not going to Coachella because of SET TIME!
    By faxman75 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 07:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •