Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Official Coachella Campground Cookout Thread!

Default Re: The Official Coachella Campground Cookout Thread!

thats a good idea
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12A, 13A

I feel like there should be more of a party in here. In 10 days, we'll be on the polo fields sharing a beer and watching the sun set! Ballons, lights, and good vibes all around. I travel a lot for work but don't take a lot of personal vacations and I've been waiting for this since I left last year. I can't wait to see everyone from last year again and I'm looking forward to meeting people who are new to the group this year.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched moonbeams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain...

Yes!! I'm so excited to see all of you guys again, bringing more people with us this year and I can't wait to show them what it's all about. It's gotten to the point where it's all I think about all day. Ill know it's really happening when I see Janky's flag flying high in the Indio sun...
    Quote Originally Posted by eskamo951 View Post
    I have 38 days to figure out how my melted, destroyed body and mind will be transported from the Sahara back to my campsite after they kill us with beats

Hello COOKOUT people!

I was really interested in seeing if anybody wanted to do a nice chili cookout or something....and I came across this thread.

I am coming from San Diego, and am an experienced Camp Chef with some awesome good food planned.

Would it be okay to stop by on thursday with some nice victuals and a few beers? I would camp next to this fine group if I could, but I wont be able to make it until later Thursday night.

JB
    They heard me singing and they told me to STOP.

It's fine with me- the more the merrier! I'm traveling thousands of miles for the fest so I would have trouble participating in the cookout. I'd love to eat some chili though my gf probably would prefer that I don't being that she has to sleep in the tent with me.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched moonbeams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain...

@dj12, come on by any time you like. look for a 20ft pirate flag and you're there!

I'M SO EXCITED!! Can't wait to see everyone again! Exclamation points!!!!!!!!!
    The Replacements - OutKast - The Knife - HAIM - Bonobo - Afghan Whigs - The Glitch Mob - The Cult - Shlohmo - Waxahatchee - Wye Oak

Queens of the Stone Age - Pharrell Williams - Pet Shop Boys - Empire of the Sun - Fatboy Slim - Nas - Kid Cudi - Warpaint - Mogwai - Foxygen - The Dismemberment Plan - Blood Orange

Arcade Fire - Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Disclosure - Motorhead - Duck Sauce - Little Dragon - Toy Dolls - Fishbone - Superchunk - Daughter - Surfer Blood

THE TIME IS NEAR.

Just to reiterate for anyone who isn't sure, the plan is meet at the Ralph's supermarket on 49908 Jefferson St, Indio at 12:30 PM. We will leave for the campgrounds at approximately 1, possibly 1:15 if necessary. I'll text/call the new people on Wednesday night just to make sure we're all on the same page.

HOLY SHIT IT'S LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY!!
    The Replacements - OutKast - The Knife - HAIM - Bonobo - Afghan Whigs - The Glitch Mob - The Cult - Shlohmo - Waxahatchee - Wye Oak

Queens of the Stone Age - Pharrell Williams - Pet Shop Boys - Empire of the Sun - Fatboy Slim - Nas - Kid Cudi - Warpaint - Mogwai - Foxygen - The Dismemberment Plan - Blood Orange

Arcade Fire - Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Disclosure - Motorhead - Duck Sauce - Little Dragon - Toy Dolls - Fishbone - Superchunk - Daughter - Surfer Blood

Hey guys, My boyfriend and I already have our festival passes and our car camping pass, but we may have an EXTRA car camping pass if our friends don't go, which they won't know until Tuesday...sooooo since we're already camping with yous guys (campground cookout group/Vegas caravan), I figured I'd offer the pass here first. It's not free, PM me if interested.

CAMPING PASS STILL AVAILABLE!
    Last edited by Necie; 04-12-2011 at 12:08 PM.
    4/19 Coachella
    4/27 Crystal Castles
    6/21 EDC (Vegas)
    10/6 Depeche Mode

Started packing tonight! (Packing for real, been piling stuff up in a corner of the garage for a month or so)

I have a ton of shit!

Its this week guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just have a few last minute things to pick up..and then it is ON!!!
    4/19 Coachella
    4/27 Crystal Castles
    6/21 EDC (Vegas)
    10/6 Depeche Mode

Hey Necie. We found a cheap pass locally today. We no longer need your friends. I can't wait to see you guys!
    Long live the CCC
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda421 View Post
    Hey Necie. We found a cheap pass locally today. We no longer need your friends. I can't wait to see you guys!
    Long live the CCC
    Okay, Awesome!! 2 more days!!
    4/19 Coachella
    4/27 Crystal Castles
    6/21 EDC (Vegas)
    10/6 Depeche Mode

Hope to run into you guys again this year. I finally got my ticket... now for the fun task of finding a camping pass (or any place to crash) at the last minute... joy.
    "You can play a shoestring if you're sincere" -John Coltrane

Coachella '01, '03, '04, '05, '07, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14

Banned

we already confirmed for the cookout, just wanna make sure that it's still on. I have like three camping paSSES I NEED TO GET RID OF.

Well guys. My car is packed. See you very very soon!
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

All packed...passes squared away (including yours, Panda and bennimon), now we just play the waiting game............................................

Lex and I are all packed up as well!!!

EXCITED!!!
    4/19 Coachella
    4/27 Crystal Castles
    6/21 EDC (Vegas)
    10/6 Depeche Mode

Im at the walmart in palmsprings. Mikey is picking me up. We may be there right at 1:15. Dont leave without us!

update for campground cookout participants: looks like we'll be leaving Ralphs around 2.
    4/19 Coachella
    4/27 Crystal Castles
    6/21 EDC (Vegas)
    10/6 Depeche Mode

Sweet. See you guys in a few minutes

So should we attempt this again? First weekend anybody?

I think the only real way to do this is to either have us all go into the same search line and refuse to move until they check all of our cars and let us pass at the same time. That or GV needs to come up with an actual group camping program, so we can pull off and wait for each other. We almost got put in 4 different spots in our group alone, let alone the rest of the CCC which was spread out EVERYWHERE. I hope they do something to fix it, as the new people we brought really digged the idea/everyone they met in the CCC.
    Quote Originally Posted by eskamo951 View Post
    I have 38 days to figure out how my melted, destroyed body and mind will be transported from the Sahara back to my campsite after they kill us with beats

Apparently they're letting us camp together if we drive in together this year. Anybody wanna take another stab at this?

What weekend is everyone going? I got stuck with weekend 2 tickets

Ah that's a bummer, weekend 1 over here.

Weekend 1 here. We've got 5 cars coming down this year. Would love to camp with the CCC again. 2012....Boom!
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Awesome, your caravan gets bigger every year Chris. I'm gonna try to see if Kelly (GeminiDC) and Ben (bennimon) are going, and I know Sean (Vic Viper) and his people are definitely returning. I need help remembering others. Hopefully, we can get together a little something for 2012, BOOM.

New comers are also welcome, for anyone who may be reading.

Ben is going weekend 1 so Im sure he'll be down. Last I heard Kelly wont be coming this year
    Sean and the girls will be going too.
    Its amazing how many people we have turned on to Coachella. So many of our friends shit on the bands, the trip, etc at first. Then by the end of summer they discover all the acts they could have seen and end up coming the next year.
    2010= Ray, Don, and I ( The Original Three is what we call ourselves)
    2011= 10 people
    2012= 15-17
    2013= 0 people on planet earth...
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Hey Kelsey here (one of the girls in Sean's group haha) yeah we are coming Weekend 1! If they are actually letting us drive together and stay together finally, that would be great. Hope it's true. I definitely want to meet up again.

"Sean and the girls" makes me sound like such a baller.

...if only.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.