Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Official Coachella Campground Cookout Thread!

Default Re: The Official Coachella Campground Cookout Thread!

You guys sound like our kind of people. Can we come over and play?

Sure?
    COACHELLA VETERAN

2001 ~ 2007 ~ 2010 ~ 2011 ~ 2012

I'm definitely there. Myself and my super-cool bf. Keep me updated on details...

hey, guess who's back..

so how many of you guys are actually going this year? seems a lot of us are assed out of camping and/or festival tickets. i'm guessing many of us from the cookout group will not be attending this year cuz of what happened. to be honest i kinda don't wanna go anymore. this year's lineup is not so appealing to me. i'm probably gonna just sell my ticket and wait til next year. i could use the extra money anyway for a new set of wheels heh. but hey i still might change my mind, that is if i can buy a festival ticket at face value no sooner than 3 days before the event.

thanks necie! we are going to wait and see if the scalpers prices drop closer to the festival..we didnt expect it to sell out so quick and were planning on buying our tickets outright on the feb 1st..:-/ shoulda put em on layaway i guess..i still have hope but this was a huge let down for me i almost cried.

Im sure you guys dont mind, but just to make sure:

Im working with some vegas people who didnt get their camping passes (13 people currently) for carpooling and splitting pass costs. You guys mind if I bring em in with us and add to our camping group?
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12A, 13A

Yeah I'm pretty worried about not that many of us having tickets. The CCC cannot fall apart. Long live the CCC! Haha
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jankypirate View Post
    Im sure you guys dont mind, but just to make sure:

Im working with some vegas people who didnt get their camping passes (13 people currently) for carpooling and splitting pass costs. You guys mind if I bring em in with us and add to our camping group?
    Yes, bring more people! We need to keep the jolly roger flyin'!
    Last edited by GeminiDC; 01-27-2011 at 07:29 PM.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched moonbeams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain...

are any of you who didnt get tickets going to sasquatch or bonnaroo instead?? pictures of sasquatch make it look so beautiful...

When do we get to start talking about arrival times on Thursday? hehehe

I really want to do the campground cookout again this year, but I'd kinda like to get there earlier this year (like be in line on the field around 3ish)..I think last year we got to the actual field at 5-6ish..I guess in the end it doesn't matter that much, and with such a large group time is loose at best..heheh
    4/19 Coachella
    4/27 Crystal Castles
    6/21 EDC (Vegas)
    10/6 Depeche Mode

The earlier the better by me. I like to have time to get in, set up, and get drunk before the sun goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jankypirate View Post
    The earlier the better by me. I like to have time to get in, set up, and get drunk before the sun goes down.
    EXACTLY. :-)

My escape from the rest of the world and my total immersion into all that is Coachella can only begin when I get there..hehe
    4/19 Coachella
    4/27 Crystal Castles
    6/21 EDC (Vegas)
    10/6 Depeche Mode

Totally down for any time. Am looking into flights to get into PS no later than 10:30am that Thursday.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched moonbeams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain...

We tried to hook up with you folks last year but we wanted to be at Coachella early on Thursday and that did not work with your groups plans but we are interested again this year. We will again be arriving early on Thursday though so I don't know if that works with your group this year either. We are camping in car camping and bringing half the house with us so we will be totally prepared and a good base. We do have 4 car camping spots with about 12 people and I think we will be able to fit in a few more but not sure until closer to the event. We do cook up a storm though and are bringing a full sized grill and full sized BBQ so we are happy to help. If your group is arriving earlier this year we would love to camp with you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    We tried to hook up with you folks last year but we wanted to be at Coachella early on Thursday and that did not work with your groups plans but we are interested again this year. We will again be arriving early on Thursday though so I don't know if that works with your group this year either. We are camping in car camping and bringing half the house with us so we will be totally prepared and a good base. We do have 4 car camping spots with about 12 people and I think we will be able to fit in a few more but not sure until closer to the event. We do cook up a storm though and are bringing a full sized grill and full sized BBQ so we are happy to help. If your group is arriving earlier this year we would love to camp with you all!
    Well so far Janky Pirate (and his crew?) and my BF and I want to arrive early, so I think it's doable!

What time were you shooting for?
    4/19 Coachella
    4/27 Crystal Castles
    6/21 EDC (Vegas)
    10/6 Depeche Mode

I just saw your post about flight times Gemini, left you a vmail a min ago asking about your arrival time.

So that means ill be there early with 13 people so far from vegas + Gemini and his gf. Looks like were on for early CCC this year

Inthecolumbiagorge we'd love to have your group camp with us!

Columbiagorge, you're in. Yeah, since it looks like everybody is driving (except for Kelly), we can definitely meet up earlier this year. Meet at the Ralph's between 12-1? Too late? Too early? Also, I might be able to get a camping pass at face value for anyone who needs it. You still need one, Mike?
    The Replacements - OutKast - The Knife - HAIM - Bonobo - Afghan Whigs - The Glitch Mob - The Cult - Shlohmo - Waxahatchee - Wye Oak

Queens of the Stone Age - Pharrell Williams - Pet Shop Boys - Empire of the Sun - Fatboy Slim - Nas - Kid Cudi - Warpaint - Mogwai - Foxygen - The Dismemberment Plan - Blood Orange

Arcade Fire - Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Disclosure - Motorhead - Duck Sauce - Little Dragon - Toy Dolls - Fishbone - Superchunk - Daughter - Surfer Blood

I really think that with the extreme popularity of Coachella this year that LOTS of people will be arriving early. We are driving from WA state and are going to spend the night in Indio and really want to get to the polo fields early as possible on Thursday. Last year we got there a bit before 12 and we were in the smaller car camping area adjacent to the Safari tents. I think it was a VERY nice area...don't know if any of you folks got over there? You could hear all the music in the Sahara. It was clean, moderately mellow and really lots of great people. We were sort of hoping to get into that area again but of course that is not a given or even mandatory. Earlier the better I think this year though. I have a feeling that come noon on Thursday there will be a major line so as early as possible might be the best approach. We plan for this all year so being at the Polo fields a couple of hours before opening is not a big deal for us. I don't want to change everyone's plans but if that is something you are all interested in then we are totally up for it:-)

Hey guys. Were driving down from San Francisco Thursday morning so 12-1 would be fine with us. Any earlier and were going to have to leave at 3 am.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

I am afraid our group wants to stick to our early arrival plan. We have 10 in our group so I am not going to ask them to change their plans either. Bummer...but perhaps we will see you all in the campground:-)
    Happy Coachella to you all!

Quote Originally Posted by gotothemusicshop View Post
    are any of you who didnt get tickets going to sasquatch or bonnaroo instead?? pictures of sasquatch make it look so beautiful...
    It's looking like I'm going to Bonnaroo for sure. Yes, I'm a traitor, I know. I can usually only do one big festival trip a year, so the ticket situation and lineup has to be a little better for the costs to add up since I'm not on the West Coast.
    Last edited by thekube; 01-30-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Sweet Sweet Double Sweet! We are going to be bringing our famous chili! Get ready Coachella!
    COACHELLA VETERAN

2001 ~ 2007 ~ 2010 ~ 2011 ~ 2012

69 days to go!

... dare I go to the picture countdown thread?

59 days until the party starts (Thursday)! I've been dreaming about Coachella almost every night for the last 2 weeks. Weird stuff like some guy pouring out his water bottle in my non-existent convertible and our group meeting at Wal-Mart to get supplies. Oh and I had a nightmare that I left my tickets in Alaska and couldn't get in. Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing you all again.

That is a nightmare. did you wake up in a cold sweat?

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiDC View Post
    Oh and I had a nightmare that I left my tickets in Alaska and couldn't get in.
    Oh shit, I don't even want to think about that. Alright guys so I'm updating the checklist from last year and I wanted to get a picture of who's bringing what. so if anyone is bringing a grill or a canopy let me know, and let's also share what we're bringing in terms of food, condiments, napkins etc. That way we can figure out what we still need. Also, have we pretty much settled on meeting at the Ralph's by 1 PM? Anyone who objects, speak now.
    The Replacements - OutKast - The Knife - HAIM - Bonobo - Afghan Whigs - The Glitch Mob - The Cult - Shlohmo - Waxahatchee - Wye Oak

Queens of the Stone Age - Pharrell Williams - Pet Shop Boys - Empire of the Sun - Fatboy Slim - Nas - Kid Cudi - Warpaint - Mogwai - Foxygen - The Dismemberment Plan - Blood Orange

Arcade Fire - Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Disclosure - Motorhead - Duck Sauce - Little Dragon - Toy Dolls - Fishbone - Superchunk - Daughter - Surfer Blood

Ill have all the stuff from last year again. grill, couch, misters, canopy. I think ill bring those cheesy hot dogs again too.

Quote Originally Posted by roboticwaltz View Post
    Oh shit, I don't even want to think about that. Alright guys so I'm updating the checklist from last year and I wanted to get a picture of who's bringing what. so if anyone is bringing a grill or a canopy let me know, and let's also share what we're bringing in terms of food, condiments, napkins etc. That way we can figure out what we still need. Also, have we pretty much settled on meeting at the Ralph's by 1 PM? Anyone who objects, speak now.
    Does meeting at Ralph's by 1pm mean we all have barely arrived by 1pm, and then proceed to shop for an hour..or that we are prepared to be LEAVING Ralph's at 1? :-)

Either way works for me..

I know it's difficult to corral a group of people into staying on a schedule, but I'd really like to be IN LINE for the campground round 2ish..That way when we get behind schedule, we're not that late! :-)
    4/19 Coachella
    4/27 Crystal Castles
    6/21 EDC (Vegas)
    10/6 Depeche Mode

I was thinking be there no later than 1, and then maybe leave at 1:15 if we have any stragglers. I would like to be full of burgers and beer before sundown.