Thread: official request for coachella NOT to bring the rolling stones to coachella 2011....

Default official request for coachella NOT to bring the rolling stones to coachella 2011....

I would much rather see the 5 million on a stronger undercard. Or fuck it, I would rather even see 5 million spent on a new water park this year....I have seen the stones twice and both times they were lame....ok, im done here....Is it a generally consensis that none of us want the stones?

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Default Re: official request for coachella NOT to bring the rolling stones to coachella 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Default Re: official request for coachella NOT to bring the rolling stones to coachella 2011.

I'm not a Stones fan, so I understand your point. But since I'll never drop $500 to stand on the floor of the Rose Bowl this would probably be my only chance to see the Stones. They aren't as good as McCartney or Waters for me, but they certainly would not suck.

Still, I think you could give Radiohead $3 million and Daft Punk $2 million (which is way more than those bands probably make for one show) and everyone would be a lot happier.

It's kind of like a situation with a baseball player. Yeah, Maybe ARod draws in the most fans, gets the biggest numbers, has the bigges name, etc, but is he worth $27 million when you could get 2 great players for $15 million each?

They aren't playing. The Rolling Stones still haven't set any plans for shows in 2011. They are meeting in February to discuss this further. They can't really get things moving with 2 months notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordboy View Post
    I would much rather see the 5 million on a stronger undercard. Or fuck it, I would rather even see 5 million spent on a new water park this year....I have seen the stones twice and both times they were lame....ok, im done here....Is it a generally consensis that none of us want the stones?
    I've seen 'em three times, and all three times they were better than the 3 times I've seen Radiohead.

So no, aside from maybe day-glo never leave the sahara X freaks, not a general consensus...one of the most entertaining live bands of all time, and one of only maybe 10/15 artists on planet who could compete with that set list McCartney put together two years ago.

In short, I'm sorry they failed to deliver when you saw them...but my experiences in recent years has been that these older 80s and pre-80s acts, with the exception of Sly obviously, have been consistently knocking it out of the park at Coachella...don't know why anyone wouldn't want to give the best blues-rock band in history a chance to do the same.

The undercard will be awesome regardless of whether or not the Stones Play

wow this thread sucks. the rolling stones would be wicked. best 5 million spent ever.

this thread is a dildo up everyones ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio