Thread: Do you get a post-announcement sadness once the line-up is announced?

Default Do you get a post-announcement sadness once the line-up is announced?

hi there,

Just wondering once the line-up is announced, do you get a let down? A little sad. Triste?...

...Because guessing which bands are going to be on the line-up is pretty addicting!

I've been checking the forum, monklish, & coacheleaks DAILY. It's actually part of my morning and evening rituals.

To be honest, once the line-up is announced, especially if it sucks, I'll miss checking for updates, new rumors, and just the general trash talk of which bands are "Coachella Worthy".

Will you get post-announcement sadness?

thx

Default Re: Do you get a post-announcement sadness once the line-up is announced?

Nope.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Default Re: Do you get a post-announcement sadness once the line-up is announced?

post lineup band finding adventure is much better than lineup speculation bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by icnaxx View Post
    I've been checking the forum, monklish, & coacheleaks DAILY. It's actually part of my morning and evening rituals.

Pemberton (7/18-20) ~ FYF (8/22-23)

I've been checking monklish, & coacheleaks DAILY.
    You're setting yourself up for a huge disappointment
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Finding out Daft Punk isn't playing every year puts a smile on my face, thinking of all the people saying "This year is the year!!"

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    Finding out Daft Punk isn't playing every year puts a smile on my face, thinking of all the people saying "This year is the year!!"
    Meanie

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

The key to being better than everyone else is to go every year.
    You will have friends that flake.
    Then something awesome and unrecreatable will happen (like Daft Punk in 06) and all your lameass friends will swear to never miss a Coachella again.
    But then they do. Again. For the same reasons.
    The smugness. It is delicious.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

— Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    You're setting yourself up for a huge disappointment
    Do you mean you think the line-up will suck?

No because once the lineup is announced it's nothing but pre-game excitement homie.

7/1 - Deafheaven @ The Casbah
    7/11 - Cloud Nothings @ Soda Bar
    7/19 - Wolves In The Throne Room @ Che Cafe
    8/5 - Arcade Fire, Spoon, Dan Deacon @ Sleeptrain Amphitheater
    8/21 - NIN, Soundgarden, Death Grips @ Sleeptrain Amphitheater
    8/22 - Future Islands @ Irenic
    8/23~24 - FYF

hi there,

Just wondering once the line-up is announced, do you get a let down? A little sad. Triste?...

...Because guessing which bands are going to be on the line-up is pretty addicting!

To be honest, once the line-up is announced, especially if it sucks, I'll miss checking for updates, new rumors, and just the general trash talk of which bands are "Coachella Worthy".

Will you get post-announcement sadness?

thx
    No, everyone's energy shifts from speculation to complaining about why omitting their favorite act makes this year a failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

Quote Originally Posted by sacleonard View Post
    No, everyone's energy shifts from speculation to complaining about why omitting their favorite act makes this year a failure.
    And a few days later, the lineup time speculation really starts.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

don't forget about late adds. i can haz arctic monkeyz?
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

FUCK NO.

You get into a good mood until the festival happens.

a couple days after the lineup announcement there is always a little bit of disappointment, like the day after christmas or something. it quicky gets replaced by the excitement that its really happening.
    -tim
    DRUGS ON KIDS

also this doesn't belong in this section of the forum at all.
    -tim
    DRUGS ON KIDS

No. I'm too busy researching and planning for the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Stop typing you fucking name at the end of every post!! we know your name is tim already.

Stop typing you fucking name at the end of every post!! we know your name is tim already.

When you're right , you're right

Yea TIM. haha

But no, only excitement starts
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.

No sadness at all. After the lineup comes out I get to discover new bands and obsess about the set times.

No sadness at all. After the lineup comes out I get to discover new bands and obsess about the set times.
    this.
    Coachella 03, 04, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.1, 12.2...

I get a post once the lineup is announced.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.

(in my panties)

As soon as lineup speculation ends, set time speculation begins anyways.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

no, you forgot about the bitching about the line up part
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    also this doesn't belong in this section of the forum at all.
    -tim
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

sorry guys, its just habit. i do it whenever i write anything. sorry that it bothers you so much.
    -tim
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    post lineup band finding adventure is much better than lineup speculation bullshit.
    Agree