Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 330

Thread: If I may introduce myself...

  1. #121
    cat hoarder rskapcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,085

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    I am bored to death and snowed in at my dad's. I need to find something else internetty to do. Anybody have suggestions?
    http://gofugyourself.com/

    http://www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

    That should kill a few hours.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

    Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

  2. #122
    Member NachoCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    2,499

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    tempe, old skool raver... i'm sure we've met

    <--- Same

    Nice to meet you. Prob want to check out "the Phoenix thread" and " General area Phoenix shows"
    Last edited by NachoCat; 12-27-2010 at 07:51 AM.

  3. #123
    LOLocaust Survivor Hannahrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    stately Rain Manor
    Posts
    17,447

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Yeah, my thoughts too. Try as he may, Randy can't disguise his extended vocabulary for very long.

    Lots of people seem to be at home from school this week and clearly bored with the parentals. Kat's been around a lot; Daxton's been around a lot, etc. Look for people that disappear for long periods of time.
    I don't actually think he's an alias. I think he's just another haughty pain in the ass who thinks highly enough of himself to assume he can show up and demand a place here instead of earning it.

  4. #124
    old school daxton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,165

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    I don't actually think he's an alias. I think he's just another haughty pain in the ass who thinks highly enough of himself to assume he can show up and demand a place here instead of earning it.
    Hannah, have I earned a place yet? If not, what should I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

  5. #125
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,188

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Didn't you once claim you'd never end up posting a ton on the board because you had a life?

    4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

  6. #126
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,565

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    I honestly didn't think he was an alias either at first; I sort of jumped on the bandwagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  7. #127
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    40,004

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Didn't you once claim you'd never end up posting a ton on the board because you had a life?
    I post a ton because I have a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  8. #128
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,643

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I honestly didn't think he was an alias either at first; I sort of jumped on the bandwagon.
    Pretty sure he's that obnoxious gay guy from the Phoenix thread.


    Got banned a while back...
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  9. #129
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,565

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Didn't you once claim you'd never end up posting a ton on the board because you had a life?
    I had forgotten why I have her on ignore until you wrote that.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  10. #130
    LOLocaust Survivor Hannahrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    stately Rain Manor
    Posts
    17,447

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    Hannah, have I earned a place yet? If not, what should I do?
    I don't know. I don't see for everybody. But you've grown on me personally, which I really resent you for.

  11. #131
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,565

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Pretty sure he's that obnoxious gay guy from the Phoenix thread.


    Got banned a while back...
    ohhh...yeah......what was his name again? I think Ivy met him once at Native New Yorker.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  12. #132
    old school daxton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,165

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Didn't you once claim you'd never end up posting a ton on the board because you had a life?
    It's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

  13. #133
    LOLocaust Survivor Hannahrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    stately Rain Manor
    Posts
    17,447

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    ohhh...yeah......what was his name again? I think Ivy met him once at Native New Yorker.
    Hacking My Dreams? It's not him either. Not enough spliced sentences without a clear beginning or end.

  14. #134
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,188

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Remember "NaughtySquirrel?" He yapped about being a grad student, too. God I hate grad students.

    4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

  15. #135
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,565

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Hacking My Dreams? It's not him either. Not enough spliced sentences without a clear beginning or end.
    You're right; went back through some old posts. He was (is) from NYC and mostly wrote about being gay and Alison Goldfrapp.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  16. #136
    LOLocaust Survivor Hannahrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    stately Rain Manor
    Posts
    17,447

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    It's naive of us to assume that every egomaniac already belongs to the board and every seemingly new one is only a fresh-faced derivative thereof.

  17. #137
    Member ramblinon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,096

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    I don't actually think he's an alias. I think he's just another haughty pain in the ass who thinks highly enough of himself to assume he can show up and demand a place here instead of earning it.
    Partially correct. Haughty pain in the ass, yes. Demanding a place here, less so. Looking for people to amuse me as my prior board is dead, more so, especially since I'm starting to see how few subjects I can converse with my parents about.

    I'm satisfied with my first impression, however. Better to just jump in, do something a bit different, and be seen as an arrogant douche than to play color-by-numbers your entire life, IMHO. It's only teh internetz, after all.

  18. #138
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,394

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    How long are you in phoenix? When do you get back into la?

  19. #139
    Member ramblinon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,096

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    <--- Same

    Nice to meet you. Prob want to check out "the Phoenix thread" and " General area Phoenix shows"
    Nice... will do. I need to get out more often. All I usually end up doing is going to bars with my grad student friends. Kinda old.

    Threw that in there for guedita.

  20. #140
    Member ramblinon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,096

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$$ View Post
    How long are you in phoenix? When do you get back into la?
    Is this for me.......? I'm confused. I live near Phx, get back there after New Years, and try to avoid LA as much as possible.

  21. #141
    old school daxton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,165

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    He's probably insinuating you're an alias that lives in la.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

  22. #142
    Member ramblinon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,096

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    He's probably insinuating you're an alias that lives in la.
    haha... ok, we're still on that. Jesus, will someone computer-savvy just look at my IP address and confirm that I'm not bullshitting, so we can get past this?

  23. #143
    old school daxton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,165

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    They'd rather just speculate for hours. And I assume they also don't care enough to investigate.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

  24. #144
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    14,982

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    True, I honestly don't care enough to investigate....sorry folks.

  25. #145
    Member ramblinon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,096

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    They'd rather just speculate for hours. And I assume they also don't care enough to investigate.
    Fair enough. Well, if they don't care, I guess I shouldn't either. I can do apathy.

  26. #146
    old school JebusLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,298

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    I thought this started out kinda fun, like that cat breeding thread. To be honest, it's not entirely ramblin's fault that it went south.

    He does remind me of PTA and Ken a little, but that's ok

  27. #147
    Member blackchango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mount Kilamanjaro
    Posts
    1,976

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Very nice to meet you ramblinon! Hope you have a great Coachella! So long and goodbye
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

  28. #148
    Member ramblinon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,096

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by blackchango View Post
    Very nice to meet you ramblinon! Hope you have a great Coachella! So long and goodbye
    I thought we had something going there for a minute..

  29. #149
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    40,004

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    what's puzzling me is the nature of your game
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  30. #150
    Coachella Junkie M Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,113

    Default Re: If I may introduce myself...

    Really doesn't seem like an alias to me. We just like to pretend that everything is a game instead of just accepting that someone would do this, because the second option isn't very interesting.
    The Tinychat password is coache11a

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloka View Post
    Share the art bus to enhance the festival... can be used as stage for band ...
    I can also come early and help set up ...
    How can you say no to this offer, Goldenvoice?

Similar Threads

  1. Ladies and gentleman, may I introduce Hair Back Man...
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 04:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •