Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have been asked on many occasions how I produced my present line of silvers

Wheels Of Cheese

Default Re: I have been asked on many occasions how I produced my present line of silvers

Why do you guys have to bicker in these cat threads? To be honest, Persian Nose Shave Guy isn't going to come back if you don't stop bickering.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

Default Re: I have been asked on many occasions how I produced my present line of silvers

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    CH Missionhill Celestial Triumph appears to be a bad result (runt?) in an otherwise stellar line. How do you account for this?
    Sigh... it happens. Not even Demi Moore and Bruce Willis were a lock for a good looking offspring.

Any tips on breeding white humans?

High readability.

Would re-read, would recommend to friends.

if I had any.

Besides my cats.
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

My wonderful, wonderful cats.
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Pfft... I can kinda relate to this, but with a different animal-
    When horses win like these did, whether their bloodlines were good or not, these horses are the ones that become the popular sires... at least for 5 years (only 5 if their 1st 2 or 3 crops of offspring don't perform well at the track)... but with success a sire could have a huge stud fee for 20-30 years and be a sire of other great sires).
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/smarty+jones

Smarty Jones was not very well-bred. His father had a marginal career at the track, and was a middling sire with marginal bloodlines. Smarty "overcame" his breeding and was a freak of nature on the track. Both him and his father (Elusive Quality) demand high stud fees now. Smarty Jones' 1st few crops have been hit or miss, but he's thrown some graded stakes winners.

or this famous lady
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/zenyatta

Zenyatta will be a well sought after Broodmare, and is at Lanes End Farm where 2 of the most expensive/successful/sought after sires stand. It wasn't just the crazy winning streak, and coming within a head of retiring undefeated and setting a world record for consecutive victories, she is also well bred.

or this old timer
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/seabiscuit

If you guys have read the book Seabiscuit, his bloodlines are well explained. He was well-bred, and didn't display the fiery temper of his sire. But unfortunately his bloodlines weren't passed on very well. As was explained in the book, Charles Howard (his owner) retired him to his rural Northern California ranch. Most of the premiere broodmares were out east, and Howard just wanted the Biscuit to have a peaceful retirement. He was paired with a few California mares, but few meaningful offspring were produced. His bloodlines unfortunately didn't reach past a generation or 2. Almost like John Henry or Funny Cide who are accomplished geldings, or Cigar or Ferdiand who were proven to be infertile- it's too bad that their bloodlines still don't pass along in some way today (Ferdinand's do to a very limited extent).

or the best horse I've seen in the last decade-
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/ghostzapper
    (fast forward to about 2:00)
    I mean in the race above he beat Kentucky Derby/Preakness champ Funny Cide, Birdstone (who beat Smarty Jones in the Belmont and cost Smarty the 1st Triple Crown in like 25 years at the time), Pleasantly Perfect (the Race winner the year before, and undefeated in the same year of the race), and Azeri (probably the best female dirt horse beside Zenyatta, Ruffian or Rachel Alexandra I've ever seen) and did it under 2:00 (ridiculously fast).

Ghostzapper is a 3rd generation world champion. His daddy was Awesome Again who also won the Breeder's Cup Classic. Ghostzapper's grandpa was AP INDY, who still has an insanely high stud fee due to winning the Breeder's Cup Classic and producing countless winners and other successful studs (and Grandpa will probably also make some babies with Zenyatta). So Ghostzapper has insanely good bloodlines, won himself, and has produced many winners in his 1st few crops to race. He will be a premiere sire for many years.
    Last edited by fiopadp7791; 12-23-2010 at 02:14 PM.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Shameinthename has a lot of fucking cats.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    My wonderful, wonderful cats.
    What breed?

Sorry, I'll just hi-jack this thread one more time: And then I'll leave this thread alone to the kitty pedigrees:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/cigar2
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigar_%28horse%29

One of the most famous blunders in horse breeding history was Cigar. He made huge news in the mid 90s due to his consecutive wins streak. Cigar was actually the horse who really got me into horse racing. Watching him annihilate the competition for almost 3 years in a row when I was in my early teens was something that captured my attention to the sport.
    He won 16 consecutive races over a 2 year span, and retired at the time as the world record money earner (passed by Curlin a few years ago).

Cigar was well-bred. His daddy was a world champion turf horse, and eventhough his mama never won in her short racing career, her daddy was Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew.

Cigar was a late developer- He didn't start his tear through horse racing until late in his 4-year old season. He was unraced at 2 (the 1st year horses can race) and was mainly put on the turf with limited success at 3. At 4 he got a trainer switch (Hall of Famer Bill Mott) and was switched to the dirt where his career took off.

Per Wikipedia-
    Retirement
    Cigar was retired to stud at the end of the 1996 racing season by celebrity Bill Cosby. Ceremonies took place during the National Horse Show at Madison Square Garden to honor the horse.

Paulson (his owner) sold 75% of Cigar to Coolmore Stud and Michael Tabor, and this equated to a value of $25 million for him. He was taken to stand at the Ashford Stud, the American division of Coolmore Stud and began his coverings there in February. Cigar proved infertile as a stallion after twenty of his thirty-six mares returned negative pregnancy tests.
    So Coolmore Stud (one of the more respected high-end stud operations still to this day) paid $25million to find out he shoots blanks lol. He was insured, so they got the money back, and the original owner of the horse ended up buying him back, but still... wow. It's actually too bad that his bloodlines couldn't be passed on as well.

Sorry, back to the kitty talk.
    Last edited by fiopadp7791; 12-23-2010 at 02:15 PM.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

I love this thread.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I feel like it's been too long since this thread came around.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Holy shit I missed this thread the first time it came around. I was laughing far too hard reading through that first post. Also this...

Quote Originally Posted by ShameintheName View Post
    You don't want one with runny/goopy eyes, a mild temperament, and a meow that is more often than not in the key of C.
    is gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

oh my god I want banana cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl