Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1158

Thread: BEYOND WONDERLAND 2011 - 3/19/2011

Default Re: BEYOND WONDERLAND 2011 - 3/19/2011

who else is spinnin at playhouse tonight? funkagenda for sure, but who is the other guest? could it be richie?

Some more videos of Richie's set.

20 minutes of the set.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
    Wow I swear I was right by everyone and during Richie I was right by the light up tentacles! I was wearing a bright polka shirt.. Couldn't miss it!
    Porkchop, are you camping at Coache11a?

Yea, definitely saw you porkchop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    Sometimes you have to see something on your own to have the best night possible, maybe get friends/girlfriends with better taste in music.

Edit: Thanks for not being there though, the 7 girls you were with probably would have been sitting on the ground taking up dancing room durring one of the most amazing sets I've ever heard in my life.

^ yes, and we're gonna beat the fucking horse 'til the cows come home.......you're never going to hear the end of this

Yup camp every year! trying to somehow sneak a small generator into the campsite and set up some speakers.. We got a good army of about 40+ campers too. holllaaa

So I watched multiple clips of this infamous RH set and frankly I'm not impressed. Maybe its just not my style, maybe I "had to be there"... Whatever the case , seems a little boring. You can seriously FF a clip forward 10 min , turn it back on and it sounds like the same god damn beat. It just Slllllllowly builds, oh wait its not, oh maybe it is, oh it didn't go anywhere and I'm still standing here 15 min later waiting for something that's never coming...ahhhhhh just drop it already!!!!!!!!!!!! I was there for plastikman last year. Got there early to get a good spot. Stayed for 25 min and left. Like I said maybe its just not my style. I like to dance and I just cant dance to it. I can understand what you guys are saying about his mixing skills. I've been listening to EDM for a long time and I get that part of it. I can see myself throwing some of his mixes on while chilling at home. Maybe after I get home at 4am or playing WWF doing some bullshit or something. All I'm saying is, if the clock strikes midnight and I'm at a party like that I'm leaving that set to find something else.

Now that Netsky set. That's a different story...

Something about psychedelics and minimal techno.... it just hits my brain correctly. And I get the fuck down.
    Last edited by unknown; 03-22-2011 at 07:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    So I watched multiple clips of this infamous RH set and frankly I'm not impressed. Maybe its just not my style, maybe I "had to be there"... Whatever the case , seems a little boring. You can seriously FF a clip forward 10 min , turn it back on and it sounds like the same god damn beat. It just Slllllllowly builds, oh wait its not, oh maybe it is, oh it didn't go anywhere and I'm still standing here 15 min later waiting for something that's never coming...ahhhhhh just drop it already!!!!!!!!!!!! I was there for plastikman last year. Got there early to get a good spot. Stayed for 25 min and left. Like I said maybe its just not my style. I like to dance and I just cant dance to it. I can understand what you guys are saying about his mixing skills. I've been listening to EDM for a long time and I get that part of it. I can see myself throwing some of his mixes on while chilling at home. Maybe after I get home at 4am or playing WWF doing some bullshit or something. All I'm saying is, if the clock strikes midnight and I'm at a party like that I'm leaving that set to find something else.

Techno/tech house/minimal is about the steady groove. There's no base, an uplift, a drop and then rinse and repeat.

On that note, I can't dance to progressive house, electro, etc. I need a nice phat, slutty baseline. Gotta love techno.

[QUOTE=Oranix;2079935]Techno/tech house/minimal is about the steady groove. There's no base, an uplift, a drop and then rinse and repeat.

This.

So what? You don't strike me as someone who invests their time listening to techno/tech house/minimal anyway. It's fairly obvious you like high energy beats and a more electro-based sound and that's fine, to each their own. Some people like their party to be a groove on the dance floor. Some like their party to be a sweaty sardine packed stage jumping up and down with their hands in the air.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Im pickin up what your putting down. Just expressing my opinion. I havnt seen one non-fan of Ritchie on the boards yet and was just giving a counter point.

Also, Ive heard a lot of comparison between Netsky and High contrast. Can I expect a similar set Sunday night? ... If so I might have to catch only half of Kanye

Different strokes, and all that.

I can always enjoy techno. Most other stuff, I have to be in the right mood/mindset for. Netsky wasn't really working for me on Saturday, but I knew that was totally because of my / my mood and not because it wasn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Different strokes, and all that.

I can always enjoy techno. Most other stuff, I have to be in the right mood/mindset for. Netsky wasn't really working for me on Saturday, but I knew that was totally because of my / my mood and not because it wasn't good.
    Your reasoning is why I stayed away from most of the drum n bass and house sets durring the fest. I'm sure I would have enjoyed Donald Glaude, Funkagenda and even Bad Boy Bill if I was in the right mind set. For this night I was in a bass heavy, mind shattering filthy techno beats kind of mood which is why I was at that stage the whole night outside of seeing Netsky.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    Your reasoning is why I stayed away from most of the drum n bass and house sets durring the fest. I'm sure I would have enjoyed Donald Glaude, Funkagenda and even Bad Boy Bill if I was in the right mind set. For this night I was in a bass heavy, mind shattering filthy techno beats kind of mood which is why I was at that stage the whole night outside of seeing Netsky.
    Funkagenda was great... and I actually enjoyed Bad Boy bill, too.

Also, Ive heard a lot of comparison between Netsky and High contrast. Can I expect a similar set Sunday night? ... If so I might have to catch only half of Kanye
    Yes. High Contrast will be just as good if not better. Same label. Same sound. Same amazing mixing skills. You would be a fool to miss Lincoln if you enjoyed Netsky. (then again - I'm talking to someone who got a good spot for Plastikman at Coachella and left after 25 minutes).
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

I know I know apples and oranges. I just had to.

Yeah I think it will prob be a last min decision. Kayne is going to put on a great show and I really like his new album. Plus im going to be at pure filth all sat night soo.... man its a tough decision! i dont wanna do it!@")$I!K~!!!

Well I'm a huge supporter of catching djs and bands I love at Coachella because it's a magical place but if it's really that hard of a decision just keep in mind that High Contrast will likely be at EDC and has mentioned coming back to the West coast later in the year.

Yeah I think it will prob be a last min decision. Kayne is going to put on a great show and I really like his new album. Plus im going to be at pure filth all sat night soo.... man its a tough decision! i dont wanna do it!@")$I!K~!!!
    Missing High Contrast at Coachella for Kanye West is almost as bad as missing Richie Hawtin for Kaskade. To each their own though, do what you gotta do.

High Contrast better not be fucking closing.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

I can't think of a better way to close the weekend. Anybody?

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Sven Vath and Leftfield would both be choice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I can't think of a better way to close the weekend. Anybody?
    Nope, there isn't one act on Sunday that will get as much energy out of me as High Contrast will. I'm always kind of slugish on Sunday dancing as little as possible and just enjoying the tunes, High Contrast will be changing all that and If I don't get to close out the festival with his set I will be a little sad. If High Contrast closing is not what you would like maybe you shouldn't be at that stage, we will be there in our shirts getting the fuck down.

I really hope to be able to catch all 3. (re: Jeff's post)

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

That makes two of us.

I'd like Papa Techno (Sven) or Trentemoller to close out for me on Sunday, but I ALSO would not mind if High Contrast chews me up and spits me out to the world to aimlessly wander the world forever affected by amazing DnB.

FOUR TET. HOT CHIP. SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO. BOOKA SHADE. LEE SCRATCH PERRY. BEACH HOUSE.

Richie Hawtin. James Blake. Loco Dice.

Monklish2.0, I hereby offer you one chance to redeem yourself by sacrificing your girlfriend's mortal body to the Deity Richie Hawtin, promptly after leaving your computer screen after reading this message. If this is not done in a manner that pleases the Hawt One you, yourself, shall also be sacrificed. Thank you for your compliance.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I really hope to be able to catch all 3. (re: Jeff's post)
    That makes two of us.

I third this, but that doesn't take away from the fact that High Contrast would be the perfect closer for me.