Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC 2011

Default Re: EDC 2011

I had a blast last year, nothings perfect. I will have a blast next year going into it knowing nothings perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    You can't possibly be talking about Flylo here.......
    You know i cant possibly be talking about flylo, although i listened to flylo for a bit and it wasnt as terrible as it usually is.

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    I don't know about Tiga "slipping on his mixes"
    I know you dont. Those small mistakes are what seperate ok djs from the really good ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

But the crowd was pumping their fist and smiling so who gives a shit whether or not he can execute a mix, andrew? YOU KNOW NOTHING

4/11-13: Coachella
    4/15: The Knife @ The Fox
    4/16: Factory Floor @ The Independent
    4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    You know i cant possibly be talking about flylo, although i listened to flylo for a bit and it wasnt as terrible as it usually is.
    I am on the fence about Flylo. I've seen quite a few of his sets, most of which have been really grating and unimpressive after the first time I'd seen him. But his Hard Summer and Haunted Mansion sets impressed me greatly. I'm very confused.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

It's just amazing such terrible djs have gotten so big. Biggest example would be Erol Alkan. Ranked dj, and he fucks up badly almost every other mix.
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync

Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar

I know you dont. Those small mistakes are what seperate ok djs from the really good ones.
    Yea, I kind of have to agree with you here, Andrew. I hear lots of little mistakes too quite often. I think people who don't DJ don't hear them/pay attention unless they are just huge train wrecks.

I forget who opened for Boys Noize last NYE at the Palladium but I did hear several slip ups that I noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

DJ Mehdi?

He was alright. Boys Noize fucking destroyed that night though.
    LOL! <33
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar

Yea, Boys Noize was good. It was prolly Mehdi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

Anyone at Donald's show on Friday that stuck around for Atlantic Connection that couldn't hear all of his mistakes definitely doesn't have an ear for the little mistakes. Not only did he train wreck massively a couple times, but mixing was complete shit. IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO MIX TUNES PLEASE DON'T FRONT LIKE YOU ARE BAD ASS AND TEXT WHILE ON THE DECKS.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

COme on guys as long as its not a terrible train wreck like guetta then who cares! I also find it funny that after all these years mehdi has not learned proper techniques i mean you think you would learn them whilst growing up along side daft punk and the like

Paul is dead

I'm sure you're a good dude off the forums, but your attitude toward DJs and DJing in general is fucking insufferable. Having high standards is one thing, being all "I'm the objectively correct arbiter for what makes a good DJ and you guys don't know what the fuck you're talking about" is another. People make mistakes at every level of everything ever. Those guys aren't paragons of DJing, but they do a lot of things right, and are at this level for a reason.

Ive never listened to a whole set from him, but im pretty sure guetta doesnt train wreck.

There is a live video of him freaking out on youtube because his CDJ messed up. I don't know if this is anything similar to a "trainwreck" but it's fucking funny.
    LOL! <33

Quote Originally Posted by Brochella View Post
    I'm sure you're a good dude off the forums, but your attitude toward DJs and DJing in general is fucking insufferable. Having high standards is one thing, being all "I'm the objectively correct arbiter for what makes a good DJ and you guys don't know what the fuck you're talking about" is another. People make mistakes at every level of everything ever. Those guys aren't paragons of DJing, but they do a lot of things right, and are at this level for a reason.
    We've already gone through this, i know you dont give a crap if a dj sucks. When someone is going to say that a dj was perfect and i happened to have witnessed said dj not playing a perfect set im going to let them know. Sorry if im not the defender of mediocrity but a dj at that level should be able to at least blend without trainwrecking.
    I suppose we could get along if i let people praise djs that suck without saying anything, but im not here to make friends. If you dont like reading what i have to say, go ahead and ignore me. Your argument is that being a music snob makes me unlikeable, which i can live with. But I bet you also know that i know what im talking about, dont you?

Serious business.
    LOL! <33

There is a live video of him freaking out on youtube because his CDJ messed up. I don't know if this is anything similar to a "trainwreck" but it's fucking funny.
    it is. it fails, everyones like WTF lol then plays again....

....then stops once more lmao

should have used headphones.

david guetta was an absolute trainwreck at coachella last year. dude couldnt mix his own tracks. guess thats why "david guetta" the producer is acutally a collection of quite a few people.

How did he get famous if he's not good at this? I am so perplexed.
    LOL! <33

his music is easily accessible and he has teamed up with some very well known pop stars. the masses love his 'fuck me im famous' mantra too.

We've already gone through this, i know you dont give a crap if a dj sucks. When someone is going to say that a dj was perfect and i happened to have witnessed said dj not playing a perfect set im going to let them know. Sorry if im not the defender of mediocrity but a dj at that level should be able to at least blend without trainwrecking.
    I suppose we could get along if i let people praise djs that suck without saying anything, but im not here to make friends. If you dont like reading what i have to say, go ahead and ignore me. Your argument is that being a music snob makes me unlikeable, which i can live with. But I bet you also know that i know what im talking about, dont you?
    I'm not saying you don't. People need to be educated, but it can be done without the huge ego trip. Reminding people about how superior your ear for good DJs is whenever you get the chance is not a very becoming quality.

Also...

i know you dont give a crap if a dj sucks
    ...please don't misrepresent what I'm about. If I'm on drugs at an event like HARD Summer, I'm not gonna care as much about bad transitions if the track selection is good. I've been DJing for 3 years now...maybe not as long as you have been, but I have a pretty damn good understanding of what works and what doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Anyone at Donald's show on Friday that stuck around for Atlantic Connection that couldn't hear all of his mistakes definitely doesn't have an ear for the little mistakes. Not only did he train wreck massively a couple times, but mixing was complete shit. IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO MIX TUNES PLEASE DON'T FRONT LIKE YOU ARE BAD ASS AND TEXT WHILE ON THE DECKS.
    my sentiments exactly
    COACHELLA '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11

08/09 - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
    08/12 - Sigur Ros
    08/24 - Shlohmo
    09/01 - FYF Fest
    09/11 - Swans
    10/06 - Mono
    10/13 - The XX

Because he's the pantydropper DJ of pantydropper DJs. Kaskade and Benny Benassi are the only two other DJs I can think of who have been lifted up to such ridiculous heights by their doting female fanbases.

I don't claim to be an expert. I am not a DJ. I have never attempted to be a DJ. I think this is why I do not recognize small slips or mistakes. I can only judge a DJs performance by the energy in the room, and by the songs they play. I have seen train-wrecks (mostly local DNB DJs), but I do not consider Tiga's set a train-wreck.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Lol Devin, shut up! We all know there are plenty of famous people who are horrible at what they do.
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    I can only judge a DJs performance by the energy in the room, and by the songs they play.
    You cannot be serious. You can be in a room of fucked up etards going apeshit over a popular song but that doesn't mean the dj dropping that is any good. I feel many of us into electronic music have heard enough great sets live in our life to know when someone isn't bringing anything interesting or diverse to the table. Minor slip ups that happen several times during the set are going to cause me to walk away. The energy may still be there and that dj could leave feeling he/she threw down but when it's a bunch of people on drugs not paying attention OR when dealing with your average electronic music event attendee - it doesn't mean that dj threw down an amazing set. Track selection is definitely important but the manner in which a set is constructed and how tunes are dropped is fucking key. I don't want to hear you mix tracks at a basic level when I paid to hear some shit and I definitely don't want to hear constant fuck ups.

Sorry for the multi quote posts.

Oh, you guys with your standards and stuff. It's like you think you deserve to hear DJs excel at what they are paid to do when you pay them pricey tickets for these massives.

4/11-13: Coachella
    4/15: The Knife @ The Fox
    4/16: Factory Floor @ The Independent
    4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

I think a dj should show visuals of a train wreck and then fuck up on purpose...

...FOR THE LULZ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Oh, you guys with your standards and stuff. It's like you think you deserve to hear DJs excel at what they are paid to do when you pay them pricey tickets for these massives.
    But I DO think that, guedita!

Reading this thread makes me want to put on Bitches Brew and never go back to electronic music, ever.

waiting for a stupid comment from dylan now
    Rhythm is a dancer.

So.... what about non-electronic acts? Do you guys walk away when a guitar, bass player, or drummer has a minor slip up?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgasm View Post
    Reading this thread makes me want to put on Bitches Brew and never go back to electronic music, ever.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk