Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: EDC 2011

Default Re: EDC 2011

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Wasn't that only the one time for Nocturnal? I doubt the polo field would OK that after this shit storm. How about they find an all new virgin grass location like the old days?
    I do think they need to travel outside of any major city and do something amazing out in the sticks somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    They could always move EDC back to the polo fields like the old days...

EDIT : I swore it was at the polo fields once or twice but couldnt find anything about it ... could be wrong
    I don't think EDC was ever at the Polo Fields. Just Nocturnal Wonderland before it became Nocturnal Festival. EDC was in Long Beach once or twice, NOS Center a few times and also El Monte. Maybe a couple other places before they locked it down in LA in 2007. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    Yes, very wrong. EDC has never been at any Polo fields. Nocturnal was held at Empire polo fields once and once only. They should move it to Golden Gate Park Polo Fields.
    Doesn't Northern California already have a ban on raves? Polo Fields at Golden Gate Park would be incredible though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brochella View Post
    ^^Thanks for catching that.

I'm getting tired of your incessant nitpicking. Its becoming truly redundant.

In all seriousness, I multitask and make these posts while I'm at work, so unfortunately I can't give it my undivided attention.

Unless my boss isn't around...
    This multi-tasking-as-the-norm is why people are becoming less and less invested in using the English language well. Seriously, your writing is dense and unnecessarily superfluous. Not that your target audience probably cares all that much.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post
    Doesn't Northern California already have a ban on raves? Polo Fields at Golden Gate Park would be incredible though.
    No, that proposed bill about pre-recorded music being played in public got pulled. But I do think "rave events" have been banned from The Cow Palace.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    This multi-tasking-as-the-norm is why people are becoming less and less invested in using the English language well. Seriously, your writing is dense and unnecessarily superfluous. Not that your target audience probably cares all that much.
    I don't think its -that- bad, but I appreciate the criticism and agree that my writing could use more fluidity. My prose has suffered quite a bit since I graduated from college. You're right about the target audience, though. It sort of spoils us.

I don't think EDC was ever at the Polo Fields. Just Nocturnal Wonderland before it became Nocturnal Festival. EDC was in Long Beach once or twice, NOS Center a few times and also El Monte. Maybe a couple other places before they locked it down in LA in 2007. I could be wrong though.
    No, you're right. It was also at some fairgrounds in Tulare and a waterpark outside of Barstow from what I remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Banned

No, you're right. It was also at some fairgrounds in Tulare and a waterpark outside of Barstow from what I remember.
    The Tulare and long beach edc were epic. I was on a combination of all sorts of drugs at both events. Not like I'm proud but just sayin. Damn kids these days don't know how to get high responsibly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_28y5jLgKk

eric prydz to headline PLEASE!

I can't wait to see him! That setup looks Epic

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Great article.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    The question that came to mind is that he left his $175,000 a year job to work for Insomniac? I'm in the wrong business.
    He didn't "leave it". I think that is the issue, no?

Wasn't it also at Lake Mead? Or was that Nocturnal too? Or are we talking about the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    I do think they need to travel outside of any major city and do something amazing out in the sticks somewhere.
    That they do. But then, so will 185,000 people and 75,000 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Wasn't it also at Lake Mead? Or was that Nocturnal too? Or are we talking about the same thing?
    That I am not sure of. I didn't go to any EDC or Nocturnal on a lake (Mead, Havasu, or other).
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by 3n60r63d View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_28y5jLgKk

eric prydz to headline PLEASE!
    this looks nice! Eric Prydz is scared of flights though!

i know if herve says he getting on a plane then there is hope for eric!

Lurker

Here's the article from above link.

David Israel, L.A. Coliseum Commission's Top Official, Says No to Electric Daisy Carnival Rave
    By Dennis Romero, Wed., Feb. 16 2011
    http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2...commission.php

​After the L.A. Coliseum Commission voted late Tuesday to accept the resignation of its CEO, Patrick Lynch, the body's top leader said he would vote against allowing the controversial Electric Daisy Carnival rave that sparked turmoil for the venue and its chief.

"I am one vote," said commission president David Israel, "I will vote no."

EDC, as it's known, ultimately claimed the job of 17-year coliseum veteran Lynch after it was revealed his events manager, Todd DeStefano, was moonlighting for EDC's organizers, Insomniac Events.

Not only can that kind of double dipping be illegal, but it certainly tested the bounds of ethics as Insomniac had to come before the publicly appointed commission -- DeStefano's boss, essentially -- in the last few months to plead the case for another two-day rave at the Coliseum this June.

DeStefano reportedly resigned last month. Lynch said he had known about the arrangement.

Last June's 160,000-attendee EDC saw the death of a 15-year-old ecstasy overdose victim, 60 arrests and more than 200 medical emergencies.

Some L.A. leaders, including Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, wondered aloud why the parties were permitted at public places such as the Coliseum and its sister venue the Sports Arena.

The commission put a halfhearted moratorium on raves, but essentially allowed them to happen by greenlighting ones that already had contracts with the venues.

Then, earlier this month a dog-and-pony show was put on before the commission in support of EDC. But soon after the Los Angeles Times revealed that DeStefano had been working for Insomniac.

Not only that, but the paper stated he oversaw security at EDC, which was rife with problems, including people like overdose Sasha Rodriguez, who got in despite a 16-and-older limit.

Even after the commission imposed a strict 18-and-up rule ID scanners broke down and not all identities weren't verified at New Year's Eve's Together As One, which was co-promoted by Insomniac, with DeStefano in the wings.

Israel said, "I believe we can put on electronic dance festivals safely" but "I don't think this is an appropriate time to do one."

Commissioner Rick Caruso has already expressed his opposition to the parties as a whole.

And after Tuesday's vote, commission member and county Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas said he's not satisfied that young people would be safe at the Coliseum and Sports Arena raves.

The events' most ardent supporter on the commission, city Councilman Bernard Parks, was a no-show.

It better not go back to NOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    It better not go back to NOS.
    What other option is there?

mother effers! This is truley showing how big raving has got from back in 07 till now it has blown up,now we need to see where they will hold it now.

Paul is dead

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww fuck you LA.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Some dipshit 15 year old takes one 2manyEcstasys (in a cocktail full of other drugs) and dies. Nobody gave a fuck then or now. Thanks for ruining massives though, Sasha Rodriquez, may you rest in pieces.

Good luck finding another venue after this bullshit.
    LOL! <33
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Quote Originally Posted by Brochella View Post
    What other option is there?
    San Bernardino County Fairgrounds, HUGE HANGARS
    Pomona Fairplex, HUGE HANGARS, expansive grounds.
    Lake Perris Fairgrounds, 108 acres.

Major bummer, nothing will be as cool as that colliseum.

That is completely unnecessary, Dev. If it wasn't a young girl dying it would've been something else. She was under the age restriction of 16 so that gives the city the opportunity to run wild with this and for good reason. So many of you complain about the vibe and crowd at these events - do you realize that most of those shitty vibes and crowds stem from younger people and/or the masses that live in the city (people thinking "hey let's go to a rave cause it's cool and it's close)? Some good came out of this - we now have 18+ massive events where they are actually checking ID. How is that "ruining massives"?

Shit will work out. Insomniac has lost venues in the past due to deaths and guess what?! They still managed a way to get into the coliseum.

Well from reading that article it still looks like its possible EDC could still be at the colliseum, He said he would vote no, but he is just 1 vote, so he could be overridden if many voted yes?

San Bernardino County Fairgrounds, HUGE HANGARS
    Pomona Fairplex, HUGE HANGARS, expansive grounds.
    Lake Perris Fairgrounds, 108 acres.
    If this is the one in Victorville those huge hangars are actually pretty small. I went there once and it was a pretty shitty venue.

Lake Perris?

Bring on the METHmethmethmethmeth...
    LOL! <33

That is completely unnecessary, Dev. If it wasn't a young girl dying it would've been something else. She was under the age restriction of 16 so that gives the city the opportunity to run wild with this and for good reason. So many of you complain about the vibe and crowd at these events - do you realize that most of those shitty vibes and crowds stem from younger people and/or the masses that live in the city (people thinking "hey let's go to a rave cause it's cool and it's close)? Some good came out of this - we now have 18+ massive events where they are actually checking ID. How is that "ruining massives"?

Shit will work out. Insomniac has lost venues in the past due to deaths and guess what?! They still managed a way to get into the coliseum.

Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    Lake Perris?

Bring on the METHmethmethmethmeth...
    No meth for you!
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I remember Hansen Dam being a cool spot when they had it there way back in 2001
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl