Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 338

Thread: EDC 2011

  1. #91
    old school LickTheLizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    chandler
    Posts
    2,545

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    We are way off topic. I would say you are right, there are other important elements to a set besides song selection and energy, I guess I just don't know what those elements are. Some are good. Some are bad. We are all entitled to our own opinion on which is which. Let's leave it at that.


    and I'm still never going back to EDC....
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

  2. #92
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,027

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Let me guess, you also think that you have the right to mention that a DJ messed up at the thing most crucial to DJing? Like you some sort of opinionated news journalist o something?
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD

  3. #93
    Member Brochella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Close Enough
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Let me guess, you also think that you have the right to mention that a DJ messed up at the thing most crucial to DJing? Like you some sort of opinionated news journalist o something?
    Playing good music isn't the thing most crucial element of DJing? News to me.

  4. #94
    old school tmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,718

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    and I'm still never going back to EDC....
    good for us, bad for you.

    win butler fucked up royally the first night at the shrine. i loved every minute of it. artists are human they are bound to fuck up at some point.

  5. #95
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,199

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Brochella View Post
    Playing good music isn't the thing most crucial element of DJing? News to me.
    Wow. Why the fuck hasn't EDC booked me? I make a bad ass playlist.

    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  6. #96
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,027

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    I've often asked myself that same question.

  7. #97
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,933

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    So.... what about non-electronic acts? Do you guys walk away when a guitar, bass player, or drummer has a minor slip up?
    Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

  8. #98
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,199

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Having fingers or arms or other body parts that attach to some sort of button pressing device: also crucial.

    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  9. #99
    old school LickTheLizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    chandler
    Posts
    2,545

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by 3n60r63d View Post
    good for us, bad for you.

    ...and I hope you have a great time! The line-ups are ridiculous, and so is the production. Last year was just too much, and it was too bad of an experience to risk it again.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

  10. #100
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,027

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Anyone?
    Everybody makes mistakes...

  11. #101
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,933

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Everybody makes mistakes...
    I see what you did there.

    Mistakes are unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

  12. #102
    Member Brochella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Close Enough
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Wow. Why the fuck hasn't EDC booked me? I make a bad ass playlist.
    Because "most crucial" and "only" mean the same thing, right?

  13. #103
    old school djandrews25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    4,488

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Brochella View Post
    I'm not saying you don't. People need to be educated, but it can be done without the huge ego trip. Reminding people about how superior your ear for good DJs is whenever you get the chance is not a very becoming quality.
    ...please don't misrepresent what I'm about.
    I dont sugar-coat shit, so when you're going to tell me something that is completely false and then insist it's the truth im going to tell you how it is very bluntly. If the reason we're having the argument is because of your ignorance on the subject, that will also be known. Im just stating the obvious here, but why you go out of your way to defend shitty djs should be the topic. So, answer me this. If you're a dj and you hear a shitty set, how does it not bother you? I understand the people who dont have a trained ear not noticing slips, but you claim to have djed for 3 years and sets that sent me running for the beer garden you have defended.
    This means one of two things. Either you have no fucking idea what you're talking about, or you dont care. Both void your analysis.

    Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    I don't claim to be an expert. I am not a DJ. I have never attempted to be a DJ. I think this is why I do not recognize small slips or mistakes. I can only judge a DJs performance by the energy in the room, and by the songs they play. I have seen train-wrecks (mostly local DNB DJs), but I do not consider Tiga's set a train-wreck.
    To clarify, i didnt say his set was a trainwreck. I said he slipped several times. A slip turns into a trainwreck if the dj doesnt catch it. His set was good only when compared to the other terrible sets that were played that day. Tiga is a great producer, and an average dj.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

  14. #104
    old school unknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    5,728

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Anyone?
    If that minor slip up happens consistently and there is something else to check out, most definitely. When you go see a band and they fuck up, you would not go around saying it was a great set you would say that they kinda fucked up and weren't on point.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

  15. #105
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,933

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    If that minor slip up happens consistently and there is something else to check out, most definitely. When you go see a band and they fuck up, you would not go around saying it was a great set you would say that they kinda fucked up and weren't on point.
    I can understand mulitple slip ups. It sounded like you were saying you were "one and done."
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

  16. #106
    old school unknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    5,728

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    No way, Matt. I'm not that big of an asshole.

    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Minor slip ups that happen several times during the set are going to cause me to walk away.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

  17. #107
    old school djandrews25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    4,488

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Brochella View Post
    Playing good music isn't the thing most crucial element of DJing? News to me.
    Playing good music is equal to how each song is delivered. I saw perry ferrel play good songs one year during his dj set, but he trainwrecked every mix. According to you, that set would be fine?
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

  18. #108
    Member Brochella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Close Enough
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    I dont sugar-coat shit, so when you're going to tell me something that is completely false and then insist it's the truth im going to tell you how it is very bluntly. If the reason we're having the argument is because of your ignorance on the subject, that will also be known. Im just stating the obvious here, but why you go out of your way to defend shitty djs should be the topic. So, answer me this. If you're a dj and you hear a shitty set, how does it not bother you? I understand the people who dont have a trained ear not noticing slips, but you claim to have djed for 3 years and sets that sent me running for the beer garden you have defended.
    This means one of two things. Either you have no fucking idea what you're talking about, or you dont care. Both void your analysis.
    Or that I just don't stand there waiting for a DJ to fuck up when I'm intoxicated? Its hard for me to nitpick when I'm in those states of mind, and I usually give people the benefit of the doubt. Brochella-on-Drugz liked what Tiga and Erol brought to the table at HARD Summer, and that's the only time I've seen them, so of course I'm going to extrapolate that experience and use that as my basis for judging them. I'm not calling them the best DJs I've ever seen, just that they were enjoyable.

    I don't think that invalidates my good word, but if it does in your eyes, so be it. It's not like we see eye to eye on most of this shit anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    Playing good music is equal to how each song is delivered. I saw perry ferrel play good songs one year during his dj set, but he trainwrecked every mix. According to you, that set would be fine?

    Of course not. Like I implied to Guedita, "most crucial" is not synonymous with "only". Obviously, lots of forces come together to make a good DJ set, and proper programming and a big-picture understanding is key, but good music IS the universal constant in the DJ world.
    Last edited by Brochella; 12-21-2010 at 02:19 PM.

  19. #109
    old school djandrews25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    4,488

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Brochella View Post
    Or that I just don't stand there waiting for a DJ to fuck up when I'm intoxicated? Its hard for me to nitpick when I'm in those states of mind, and I usually give people the benefit of the doubt. I liked what Tiga and Erol brought to the table at HARD Summer, and that's the only time I've seen them, so of course I'm going to extrapolate that experience and use that as my basis for judging them. I'm not calling them the best DJs I've ever seen, just that they were enjoyable.
    Allow me to translate: You dont care.

    Edit* after reading this post a second time i think its both.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

  20. #110

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    So bottom line here, some of us are true electronic music enthusieasts and others are casual fans. I personally can deal with slip ups more than the average person, but they don't go unnoticed that's for sure. No DJ is perfect, there are some that are damn near perfect such as Adam Freeland, but even sometimes people like him make mistakes. Like others have said, it's when it's constant or the DJ doesn't adjust his mix to fix the issue. Anyone who saw Club 75 last year should know exactly what a trainwreck sounds like, that set was embarassing for anyone on that stage.
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 12-21-2010 at 02:12 PM.

  21. #111
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,027

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    I run away from trainwrecks like Richard Kimble.

  22. #112
    Member Brochella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Close Enough
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    So bottom line here, some of us are true electronic music enthusieasts and others are casual fans. I personally can deal with slip ups more than the average person, but they don't go unnoticed that's for sure. No DJ is perfect, there are some that are damn near perfect such as Adam Freeland, but even sometimes people like him make mistakes. Like others have said, it's when it's constant or the DJ doesn't adjust his mix to fix the issue. Anyone who saw Club 75 last year should know exactly what a trainwreck sounds like, that set was embarassing for anyone on that stage.
    Yep, I feel the same way.

  23. #113
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,027

    Default Re: EDC 2011





  24. #114
    old school tmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,718

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    glad we settled that, now who will be headlining the two days?

    Daft Punk and Justice (i fucking hope not, but they do have a mssive following amongst the many many brotronica fans in LA)?

  25. #115
    old school djandrews25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    4,488

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    lol D.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

  26. #116
    Member Brochella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Close Enough
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    Allow me to translate: You dont care.

    Edit* after reading this post a second time i think its both.
    It only took one read of this post for me to decide that you have a hilariously inflated opinion of yourself.

  27. #117
    old school djandrews25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    4,488

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    I havent talked about myself at all. Your analysis of me is equal to your analysis of edm. You are clueless.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

  28. #118
    Member Brochella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Close Enough
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    I havent talked about myself at all. Your analysis of me is equal to your analysis of edm. You are clueless.
    *Hilariously inflated opinion of yourself based on your own perceived flawless interpretation of EDM and DJing. I thought that was implied, but please, carry on being a gigantic tool.

  29. #119
    old school djandrews25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    4,488

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Im arguing with someone who admittedly has no idea what hes talking about and doesnt care about mixing skills about mixing skills. You're right i am a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

  30. #120
    old school NachoCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    2,502

    Default Re: EDC 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    ... about mixing skills about mixing skills. You're right i am a tool.
    Choooo Chooooooo

Similar Threads

  1. REM for 2011
    By weeklymix in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 08:11 PM
  2. Let It Be 2011
    By drewoftherushes in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 10:42 AM
  3. art for 2011
    By nic[ick] in forum Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 04:56 PM
  4. IAM for 2011
    By Stainofmind in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 01:54 AM
  5. Mew for 2011
    By Amneeziac in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 10:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •