Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 808182838485
Results 2,521 to 2,531 of 2531

Thread: Outside Lands Fest 2011

Default Re: Outside Lands Fest 2011

Quote Originally Posted by zachyd View Post
    Who else was at !!! (chk chk chk) ? I thought the crowd was the most into it I've seen at one of their sets! Plus I was like 5th row. Definitely trumped their Coachella set... although where was Shannon? Is she not playing with them right now?

I was at !!! and I liked it a lot. I didn't completely love it though and I think that it was actually because of the crowd. I admit i wasn't that close, maybe I should have been closer, but the crowd from where I was didn't really seem as into it as I'd hoped. Even when the band played "the hammer" - which was fucking awesome.

And I was wondering where Shannon (didn't know that was her name til now) was too! She was one of the highlights from their set at Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/0...de-lands-2011/

I always enjoy Consequence Of Sound's festival reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Quote Originally Posted by hurtnandez89 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzTcrQIAOsg

Disregard my last post i found it. Sound quality is pretty bad though. The crowd went bananas when she played this. Easily my favorite set of Friday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxpHf...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0A_FLpgVvI

Heres two I took with better sound quality

And I get to see Badu again on Saturday at RTB LA and she is doing a completely different set! (Baduizm in its entirety)

Wow! This year was amazing! I live in SF, so outsidelands has never really felt like a festival to me. I've always seen it as more of a concert in my backyard. This year was easily the best year yet. It definitely had a festival vibe to it. It seemed like a little community in golden gate park was set up for 3 days. Previous years always had the big stages and the big venue, but never had the cluster of people it did this year. The food+wine is a pretty distinct touch to this festival.
    Friday was awesome at the sutro stage. With Foster the People being my favorite act that day
    Saturday the Stone Foxes killed it! A local band is always good to see. The main stage was stacked in my opinion in the later hours of the day.
    I didn't get into the park until late Sunday, but managed to see Major Lazor who put on a great show.

Overall, Outsidelands was awesome. I got a big festival feel out of it all three days. Even the mayor spoke!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremywww View Post
    Thanks! these are way better sound quality. Her set was the sh*t!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremywww View Post
    And I get to see Badu again on Saturday at RTB LA and she is doing a completely different set! (Baduizm in its entirety)
    Enjoy. I wish I could go.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    This is the shirt they had for sale at lollapalooza, and it has osl on it as well.

Kind of weird because I don't know this kid and just found it linked on fb somewhere... Whatever, serves the purpose.
    damm really?? i can't believe i missed that one..its so fucking cool!! ANYONE WANNA SELL ME THIS SHIRT?

After much deliberation, I've decided my biggest regret of the weekend was not watching the entire Starfucker set. My friends wanted to watch OK GO, so we hung around for a portion of their set until I dragged them to STRFKR where the ultimate dance party was underway and it was far too crowded to break into it. I have to see them at night sometime. That cover of Girls Just Want to Have Fun? Shamelessly fun.

Arctic Monkeys crowd was way weak. They played a good set, too. The crowd has a pretty huge impact on how much I enjoy the show. That's why I had so much fun at Girl Talk and was so annoyed at Arcade Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by ng123 View Post
    damm really?? i can't believe i missed that one..its so fucking cool!! ANYONE WANNA SELL ME THIS SHIRT?
    I have this shirt and have no intention of selling it. one of my favorite concert shirts actually. But I bet they will put leftovers on their store eventually. but good luck finding one.

Quote Originally Posted by swhite423 View Post
    I have this shirt and have no intention of selling it. one of my favorite concert shirts actually. But I bet they will put leftovers on their store eventually. but good luck finding one.
    i don't blame you dude.this shirt is fuckin cool, that's why i want it so bad..i doubt they have any left over to sell on their website cuz that was their last US show so im guessing they probably tried to sell them all on that last show =(