Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kanye West Headliner

Default Kanye West Headliner

Yeezy anyone? New album just dropped. A-trak played 2 years ago, and its about time for him to come back around. I think this is highly plausible. Your thoughts?

Default Re: Kanye West Headliner

Wow. Took you a year to work up the courage and you make a thread this stupid?
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Wow. Took you a year to work up the courage and you make a thread this stupid?
    haaahaaa
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

Post Re: Kanye West Headliner

:

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    Albert Einstein

^

I agree, kanye sucks.

Kanye doesnt suck... This thread however...
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by Carteruss View Post
    Yeezy
    BAN

BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

After The Bonnaroo Incident, I really doubt he would headline.

I lived through the Bonnaroo situation. Never again. I'm gonna tell my grandkids about that shit.

I hope Kanye West headlines just so I can watch his set with sbessiso, guedita and Dale Gribble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

never heard about the bonnaroo incident ..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I hope Kanye West headlines just so I can watch his set with sbessiso, guedita and Dale Gribble.
    I want in on this. I don't think I've ever watched an act with Sbessio. Well, not since Roger Waters...
    So...Main Stage: Roger Waters spot? Kanye West Acid Test?
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

What happened with Kanye at Bonnaroo?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen22 View Post
    I lived through the Bonnaroo situation. Never again. I'm gonna tell my grandkids about that shit.
    Finally, someone sane in here.

I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by eskamo951 View Post
    I want in on this. I don't think I've ever watched an act with Sbessio. Well, not since Roger Waters...
    So...Main Stage: Roger Waters spot? Kanye West Acid Test?
    I love you, man. But why would we waste perfectly good acid on that douchebag? Come see Duran Duran with me

Quote Originally Posted by the choice cat View Post
    never heard about the bonnaroo incident ..
    Ive told the story too many times, someone please fill cat in.
    Last edited by sbessiso; 12-08-2010 at 08:54 AM.

what was the kanye incident?

do you need details? he probably came out, stunk up the place and said something stupid, or said a lot of stupid things.

/story
    Rhythm is a dancer.

The Kanye "incident" at Bonnaroo: http://www.spin.com/articles/kanye-w...nnaroo-debacle

I don't know how anyone who attended that festival could still be bitching about it though -- Bonnaroo '08 also had what was, by all accounts, one of the great festival performances of the decade: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...ng_jack_8.html
    Last edited by Miroir Noir; 12-08-2010 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    http://www.spin.com/articles/kanye-w...nnaroo-debacle

All of the "Kanye Sucks" graffiti was still up on the fences at Roo this past year...
    Friday
    Refused, Arctic Monkeys, EITS, M83, Amon Tobin, the Rapture, Neon Indian, Dawes, Death Grips, Other Lives, the Dear Hunter

Saturday
    Radiohead, Miike Snow, GY!BE, St. Vincent, SBTRKT, Flying Lotus, A$ap Rocky, Kaiser Chiefs, the Head and the Heart, the Vaccines, Grouplove, Gary Clark Jr, Destructo

Sunday
    Dr. Dre, ATDI, Justice, La Roux, Beirut, Shadow, Modeselektor, Dada Life, Flux Pavilion, Gotye, araabMUZIK, NOISIA, Band of Skulls, Metronomy, Fanfarlo

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    According to Kanye:
    "I am sick of negative people who just sit around trying 2 plot my downfall... Why???? I understand if people don't like me because I like me or if people think tight clothes look gay or people say I run my mouth to much, But this Bonnaroo thing is the worst insult I've ever had in my life.

This is the most offended I've ever been... this is the maddest I ever will be. I'm typing so f***ing hard I might break my f***ing Mac book Air!!!!!!!! Call me any name you want.... arrogant, conceited, narcissistic, racist, metro, *** whatever you can think of.... BUT NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL!

NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL! THIS SHOWS NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY TO BE GOOD AT SOMETHING THERE WILL BE PEOPLE THERE TO LIE ABOUT YOU AND BRING YOU DOWN! LIKE WAYNE SAYS PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME DOWN CAUSE I'M FLYING!

I'M F***KING HURT BY THIS ONE. ALL I CARE ABOUT ARE THE FANS. JUST SAY THIS OUT LOUD IN A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE, "KANYE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT GIVING A GOOD PERFORMANCE." CAN ANYONE HONESTLY SAY THAT ????????? HAS ANYONE EVEN TAKEN THE TIME TO AT LEAST DO THE MATH??? BONNAROO SHOULD HAVE RELEASED A STATEMENT IN MY DEFENSE BUT SINCE THEY HAVEN'T LET'S BREAK DOWN THE WALLS ON THIS TRUMAN SHOW AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY OCCURRED!!!

FOR OVER A MONTH WE WENT BACK AND FORTH ON WETHER OR NOT WE COULD EVEN FIT MY STAGE AT THE FESTIVAL. ONE DAY THEY WOULD SAY YES... WE'D SEND THEM OUR SPECS THEN THEY THEY'D SAY OK...

THEN THEY WOULD SEND SPECS BACK THAT DIDN'T FIT THE STAGE. WE WERE OBVIOUSLY DEALING WITH F***KING IDIOTS WHO DIDN'T REALLY HAVE THE CAPACITY TO REALLY PUT ON THIS SHOW PROPERLY. THEY TRIED 2 GIVE ME A TIME SLOT WERE IT WAS STILL LIGHT OUTSIDE ...

I HAVE A F***KING LIGHT SHOW DUMB ASS, IT'S NOT CALLED GLOW IN THE DARK FOR NO REASON SQUID BRAINS! MY PEOPLE WORKED OUT A COMPROMISED STAGE PLOT AND A 3AM TIME SLOT AND I AGREED. FAST FOWARD TO THE DAY OF THE SHOW.

MY PRODUCTION MANAGER TRIED TO LOAD IN FOR 24 HOURS BEFORE I WENT ON STAGE BUT THE FESTIVAL WOULDN'T ALLOW US TO DO ANYTHING UNTILL PEARL JAM LEFT THE STAGE. PEARL JAM ENDED ONE HOUR LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AT THAT POINT WE'RE RACING AGAINST THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT 4:20AM DON COMES BACK 2 THE BUS AND TELLS ME, " IT WOULD TAKE 45 MORE MINUTES TO PUT ALL YOUR PYRO IN!" I SAY I HAVE TO GET OUT THERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I HIT THE STAGE AND PEOPLE HAD BEEN THROWING S**T ON THE STAGE AND HAD ACTUALLY HIT THE JANE SCREEN WITH, I GUESS BOTTLES OR SOMETHING AND HAD BROKEN MY F***ING SCREEN. REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE A SHORTY AND WATER WOULD HIT THE TV??????

WHEN I GOT 2 "THROUGH THE WIRE" I STEPPED ON THE FRONT PART OF MY STAGE AND THERE WAS SO MUCH LIQUID ON THE STAGE I COULDN'T MOVE WITHOUT SLIPPING. I HAD TO ADJUST MY WHOLE PERFORMANCE STYLE BECAUSE OF IT. A FEW MORE SONGS IN AND THE SONG WAS ON IT'S WAY UP..

I CUT A FEW SONGS FROM THE SET BECAUSE I WANTED PEOPLE 2 EXPERIENCE STRONGER WHILE THERE WAS STILL SOME DARKNESS TO PERFORM IT IN. I'VE STRUGGLED WITH STRONGER FROM IT'S CONCEPTION. REMEMBER LAST SUMMER WHEN I CANCELED SOME TV APPEARANCES.

IT WAS BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO PERFORM STRONGER IN THE DAYTIME. ANYONE WHO CAME TO THE GLOW TOUR CAN UNDERSTAND WHY I WANTED PEOPLE TO SEE IT PROPERLY. IT BROKE MY HEART THAT I COULDN'T GIVE THESE FANS STRONGER IN IT'S GREATEST FORM...

BY THE TIME I GOT TO STRONGER IT WAS DAYTIME AND IT BROKE MY HEART. I'M SORRY TO EVERYONE THAT I DIDN'T HAVE THE ABILITY 2 GIVE THE PERFORMANCE I WANTED TO. I'M SORRY... SOMETIMES I GO 2, 3 DAYS W/O SLEEP WORKING ON MY PERFORMANCE...

I HAVE TO ICE MY KNEES AFTER EVERY SHOW AND THEY HURT WHEN I WALK THROUGH THE AIRPORT... HAVING AN EXPENSIVE STAGE CUTS MY PAYDAY IN HALF... CALL ME WHAT YOU WANT BUT NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL!!!"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/.../Kanye-We...Tennessee.html

Supposedly they moved him to the which stage, which is the second biggest stage at Roo. When he found out his set was not happening on the main stage, he demanded it be moved to the stage the night of. Even after meeting his demands and having his stage set up around 3, there are reports suggesting he purposely did not come out until 4am.

2012 Coachella & TBA
    2011 Wakarusa & Bonnaroo
    2010 Coachella
    2009 Bonnaroo
    2008 Wakarusa

Ahhh, good to know...

KANYE WEST FOR PRESIDENT

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post

+10
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

"Kanye West + A-Trak" In the Dance Tent, lolz.

well if Kanye does headline, and if something doesn't go his way and he decides to be a diva about it I'll just go find something else. Won't be any sweat off my back

I'dDoItAllAgain

no.

I actually enjoy Kanye despite him being a bit(lot) of a diva. He's obviously got issues but I like his stuff.

The Glow in the Dark tour was actually pretty cool, I saw it when it toured around. I really enjoyed Lupe Fiasco and NERD opening for him which added to the show. Rhianna was awful but Chris Brown did hop on stage and perform umbrella in his pre beating her era.

I think Kanye would be a cool addition but I wouldn't want to see him over some of the other awesome possible acts. Duran Duran would definitely make me skip Kanye.

Coachella Junkie

The option to leave the festival early would make me skip Kanye.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

I am conflicted about giving the OP shit, since he has a rad name.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough