Page 100 of 141 FirstFirst ... 9596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 4209

Thread: DEMF 2013

  1. #2971
    Coachella Junkie chiapet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    20,721

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    So you didn't eat? I've had friends say they've done it for around $600, but even that seemed unrealistically low for someone who is flying.

  2. #2972
    Coachella Junkie chiapet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    20,721

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Ross1492 View Post
    mike parker is a nice surprise. wish he played out more in the states.
    Yea, I am really happy to see that name on the lineup. I'm really pleased to see several acts that I've not yet seen (but have wanted to see) on the initial lineup. Looks promising.

  3. #2973
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,183

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    This first release seems more techo/dark heavy than last year's house-heavy lineup...right?

    JPHLIP BOOTY BASS BOUNCARAMA

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  4. #2974
    Member grannock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,505

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    About rooms, people should look into the website Air bed and breakfast. We might be able to score a great deal on an appartment for the weekend that could fit a bunch a heads.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

  5. #2975
    Member grannock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,505

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    I cant recall eating anything but cashews and frozen grapes.....
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

  6. #2976

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    We should just rent a fucking house guys. This lineup is great. Really excited to see Tommy Four Seven, Mike Parker and Brendon Moeller among others. Looking up flights atm

  7. #2977
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,490

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    Weak where is Hardwell
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  8. #2978
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,248

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    Yepppppp well just checked dates and it looks like I'm actually graduating that same weekend. Next year guyzzz I'll finally be able to go places in May once I'm out of school for good.

  9. #2979
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,504

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    That's a great start to the lineup for sure

  10. #2980
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,490

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Yepppppp well just checked dates and it looks like I'm actually graduating that same weekend. Next year guyzzz I'll finally be able to go places in May once I'm out of school for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  11. #2981
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,556

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Natelevmofuggaz View Post
    We should just rent a fucking house guys.

    https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/249454?af=86284&c=all15

    Home in the Historic Eastern Market

    This 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath home is in downtown Detroit, you can see the Lions stadium, walk to greektown, the Lions and Tigers Stadium, theatres and the eastern market. Great nieghborhood, was the pasters home to a historic Luthern Church. attached garage, fenced yard, washer, dryer, complete kitchen. 3 king beds, 1 full, 2 sofa's.

    Room type:Entire home/apt
    Bed type:Real Bed
    Accommodates:9
    Bedrooms:4
    Bathrooms:2.5
    Extra people:No Charge
    Minimum Stay:5 nights
    Weekly Price:$1500 /week
    Cleaning Fee:$75


    With a 5 night minimum and a full week being 1500, you could probably get it down to 1200. Split that 10 way and you have yourselves a nice place in DT Detroit for 120 a head.
    Last edited by Neighborhood Creep; 01-30-2013 at 10:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  12. #2982

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    That's a pretty dope lineup so far. Thanks for the info y'all, thinking about it.

  13. #2983
    Member bender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    k I'm about to buy tickets. George Fitzgerald and Maetrik AKA Maceo Plex are the highlights for me.

    So I've never been before and don't know where to stay. Some place not too sketchy with lots of fellow partiers would be perfect. I keep hearing Double Tree is good but it's all sold out now

  14. #2984
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    1,292

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    Glad I got my early bird tickets, debating on whether to drive from Dallas or to fly for this, since I'll be heading to Toronto after DEMF for vacation. Decisions, decisions

  15. #2985
    Coachella Junkie chiapet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    20,721

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    So I've never been before and don't know where to stay. Some place not too sketchy with lots of fellow partiers would be perfect. I keep hearing Double Tree is good but it's all sold out now
    Every hotel at all close to Hart Plaza will be full of partiers. It's not avoidable during that weekend.

    Here are some ideas, note I have not been in or stayed in all of these:
    Doubletree Fort Shelby - sold out
    Marriott at the Renaissance Center - right beside the festival though apparently not very nice
    Westin Book Cadillac - VIP ticket holders get dibs on a special price here (Movement will email you about it), lots of festival goers stay there
    Courtyard Detroit Downtown - almost certainly sold out
    Antheneum
    Holiday Inn Express Detroit Downtown
    Greektown Casino

    There are some more casino hotels I believe but most are a little further away.
    The aforementioned Corktown Inn is very cheap, "not too" sketchy (it's a little sketchy) and while not close to the festival, they have a shuttle.
    One of our friends stayed in Hostel Detroit and liked it a lot.

    Main thing is that if you see hotel suggestions for Dearborn or other suburbs, understand that you will need to drive to the festival, there is not really a reasonable public transportation option, and with traffic on the holiday weekend that can be time consuming.
    Last edited by chiapet; 01-30-2013 at 10:45 AM.

  16. #2986
    Member grannock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,505

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    Why did maceo plex change is name back to maetrik? Or am i way off base here?
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

  17. #2987
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,183

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    Everybody shut up I just realized that the return of Richie Hawtin likely means more of the coveted JUGGALO RAVER population that was shockingly sparse last year.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  18. #2988
    Coachella Junkie chiapet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    20,721

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    ... He didn't. Different monikers for different projects/sounds.

  19. #2989
    Coachella Junkie chiapet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    20,721

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Everybody shut up I just realized that the return of Richie Hawtin likely means more of the coveted JUGGALO RAVER population that was shockingly sparse last year.
    It absolutely does. I liked them! It had never occurred to me before DEMF 2011 that juggalos and I could have any overlap at all in our tastes in music.

    Oh, I think that's when you missed my brother trying to surreptitiously take photos of all the adults he saw sucking on pacifiers. He was enthralled with the Beatport stage crowd on the Minus day. I tried to explain that it was because they were rolling, and he immediately shushed me and told me they should just chew gum like any other adult would. Fair enough.

  20. #2990
    Member RoughSteez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Diamond Bar
    Posts
    723

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    Two different styles. Maceo Plex is that Crosstown Rebels house, Maetrik is his minimal techno pseudonym.

    Very excited to see Mike Parker and Luke Slater Live on the initial announcement. I'm thinking this bodes well for the direction of the festival this year--darker/heavier. MAH KINDA SHIT.
    waka waka

  21. #2991

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    Dave Clarke!!

  22. #2992
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,183

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    It absolutely does. I liked them! It had never occurred to me before DEMF 2011 that juggalos and I could have any overlap at all in our tastes in music.

    Oh, I think that's when you missed my brother trying to surreptitiously take photos of all the adults he saw sucking on pacifiers. He was enthralled with the Beatport stage crowd on the Minus day. I tried to explain that it was because they were rolling, and he immediately shushed me and told me they should just chew gum like any other adult would. Fair enough.
    I was enthralled.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughSteez View Post
    Two different styles. Maceo Plex is that Crosstown Rebels house, Maetrik is his minimal techno pseudonym.

    Very excited to see Mike Parker and Luke Slater Live on the initial announcement. I'm thinking this bodes well for the direction of the festival this year--darker/heavier. MAH KINDA SHIT.
    I was just going to ask -- will it be a Luke Slater set AND a P.A.S. set? And yes, this lineup is already much, much heavier than last year's. Safe to assume that the Droid artists will commandeer a stage one day....

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  23. #2993
    Member nick5745's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,123

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    Why did maceo plex change is name back to maetrik? Or am i way off base here?
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughSteez View Post
    Two different styles. Maceo Plex is that Crosstown Rebels house, Maetrik is his minimal techno pseudonym.

    Very excited to see Mike Parker and Luke Slater Live on the initial announcement. I'm thinking this bodes well for the direction of the festival this year--darker/heavier. MAH KINDA SHIT.
    yup

  24. #2994
    Member RoughSteez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Diamond Bar
    Posts
    723

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    I initially thought it was for clarity but, I mean I don't think anyone interested in PAS doesn't know by now that its a Luke Slater project or vice versa. I've been waiting for a few years now to see him in either incarnation, so I'll take what I can get.

    Didn't Droid curate a stage last year or was it just an after hours?
    waka waka

  25. #2995
    Coachella Junkie chiapet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    20,721

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    They had an after hours last year.

  26. #2996
    Member bender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Every hotel at all close to Hart Plaza will be full of partiers. It's not avoidable during that weekend.

    Here are some ideas, note I have not been in or stayed in all of these:
    Doubletree Fort Shelby - sold out
    Marriott at the Renaissance Center - right beside the festival though apparently not very nice
    Westin Book Cadillac - VIP ticket holders get dibs on a special price here (Movement will email you about it), lots of festival goers stay there
    Courtyard Detroit Downtown - almost certainly sold out
    Antheneum
    Holiday Inn Express Detroit Downtown
    Greektown Casino

    There are some more casino hotels I believe but most are a little further away.
    The aforementioned Corktown Inn is very cheap, "not too" sketchy (it's a little sketchy) and while not close to the festival, they have a shuttle.
    One of our friends stayed in Hostel Detroit and liked it a lot.

    Main thing is that if you see hotel suggestions for Dearborn or other suburbs, understand that you will need to drive to the festival, there is not really a reasonable public transportation option, and with traffic on the holiday weekend that can be time consuming.
    Thanks Chiapet. Me and my friends bought VIP so I think we might splurge and stay at that super nice hotel that's VIP only. The VIP deal is all right. Bout $50 a night per person but it looks super super nice. Sometimes you gotta TREAT YO SELF.

  27. #2997

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    Thanks Chiapet. Me and my friends bought VIP so I think we might splurge and stay at that super nice hotel that's VIP only. The VIP deal is all right. Bout $50 a night per person but it looks super super nice. Sometimes you gotta TREAT YO SELF.
    I stayed at the Westin Book Cadillac last year by getting a deal on Hotwire ($108/night) and it's a nice hotel in a perfect location. Walking distance to the fest and many afters.
    Unfortunately no luck on a hotel that cheap so far :/

  28. #2998
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,556

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/249454?af=86284&c=all15

    Home in the Historic Eastern Market

    This 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath home is in downtown Detroit, you can see the Lions stadium, walk to greektown, the Lions and Tigers Stadium, theatres and the eastern market. Great nieghborhood, was the pasters home to a historic Luthern Church. attached garage, fenced yard, washer, dryer, complete kitchen. 3 king beds, 1 full, 2 sofa's.

    Room type:Entire home/apt
    Bed type:Real Bed
    Accommodates:9
    Bedrooms:4
    Bathrooms:2.5
    Extra people:No Charge
    Minimum Stay:5 nights
    Weekly Price:$1500 /week
    Cleaning Fee:$75


    With a 5 night minimum and a full week being 1500, you could probably get it down to 1200. Split that 10 way and you have yourselves a nice place in DT Detroit for 120 a head.
    Find a few extra people and go in on this. It's not expensive and it a good location. 5 night min. though
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  29. #2999
    Member higgybaby23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Moline, IL
    Posts
    2,382

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    "Pow Wow Step"

    ...

  30. #3000
    Member nick5745's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,123

    Default Re: DEMF 2013

    what are some hotels near the airport that offer free shuttles to and from the venue?

Similar Threads

  1. FS: 1 DEMF 3 day pass
    By Orbaddict in forum Passes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 08:46 AM
  2. Selling 1 ticket to DEMF aka Movement
    By herro kitty in forum Passes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 04:14 PM
  3. DEMF 2009
    By sportsbunny in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 08:26 AM
  4. DEMF 2008 (Detroit Electronic Music Festival)
    By HunterGather in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 05:28 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •