Page 137 of 142 FirstFirst ... 132133134135136137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,110 of 4237

Thread: DEMF 2013

Default Re: DEMF 2013

Ill be at output tonight.

2 weeks left, no old miami party announced...hmmm...is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    Last I heard, they weren't even going to announce it this year to try and thwart it from becoming the clusterfuck it's been before. Last year they announced it like, week of (and Seth had some beef with whoever was throwing a party there the night before).

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood
    5/2: Sleater Kinney @ The Masonic

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Last I heard, they weren't even going to announce it this year to try and thwart it from becoming the clusterfuck it's been before. Last year they announced it like, week of (and Seth had some beef with whoever was throwing a party there the night before).
    really? I guess that makes sense. Everyone I've talked to pretty much says its the one of the best parties.

They're still having it. Seems like details will be out last minute like usual.

The weird thing, though, is that every techno head I talked to in 2011 when Skrillex was there had NO IDEA who he was (and didn't care beyond a cursory curiosity as to why their teenage half-siblings gave a shit). And now Spooks is going to DEMF. Coincidence?
    I'm sure 99,999 other people will be missing your presence this year! Every techno head lol....

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    Ill be at output tonight.
    Didn't see your post till today! Luke Slater was unreal on Friday Love love the Bunker parties! Did you see Joris Voorn's 8 hour set? I caught the last 6 hours and it was quite a journey...

Whenever Soul Clap finishes their set, I'll be heading over there! Hopefully the management took care of this nonsense...

http://m.realdetroitweekly.com/detro...nt?oid=1583531

12/18 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Good Room
    12/19 Matthew Dear/Paco Osuna @ Verboten
    12/20 Solomun/Adriatique/David August @ TBA

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

^ Yea, that was the drama last year. On one hand, I can understand why the management was upset. It wasn't just that the grass was mangled (that's expected), but that the crowd has no respect for the venue and broke a lot of furniture during NISM. On the other hand, they must do a ton of business for these parties, and let's face it, Old Miami can't possibly be that busy on a typical day without these parties.

Last year was CRAZY crowded in comparison to years before. I feel like even with it not being announced or being announced just before, it's still going to be a zoo. A fun zoo.

Though upon more reflection the lines for the portas outside last year were excruciating. I forgot about that.
    Last edited by guedita; 05-12-2014 at 11:43 AM.

The lines for restrooms were really bad. My brother immediately summed up the situation as "out of towners who don't realize they can just snort shit in the open around here."

Looks like I'll be enjoying TV Lounge next weekend!

http://www.reddit.com/r/MovementDEMF..._venue_thread/

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

City club shits all over tv lounge.... Not that TV is a bad venue but it can get overcrowded and doesnt have that huuuuuuuuuuuge underground area which the writer of the review apparently didnt find.

Whoever wrote those reviews on reddit isnt focusing on the important issues, like air flow , capacity or sound. Also it doesnt seem like they have been in all the clubs or explored them very well.

I would aviod st andrews because its hot and overcrowded. Alot of the spaces like the works or tv lounge are smaller bar type venues that can support an event, but arent anything special. Blue seemed to have good air flow in the upper area, but tHe basement was a shithow. By far the most expansive, intersting and comfortable venue was city club, and thats where i will be on sunday night during a trip.

City Club is announcing a show for Saturday night....but I already have tickets to two other shows that night so hopefully they'll announce something for Monday night???

The building sucks, the staff sucks, the security sucks, but it's pretty rare to have a bad time there. Walkable from the fest but it's a hike and I'd probably take a cab because I'm lazy.

They had the basically free monday night closing party there, 5 bucks i think. It has the largest capacity of the detroit venues so im sure it is booked all 3 nights.

So, the guys behind flying circus are supposed to announce another party for Saturday. Spooks, perhaps its the same party that you've heard about happening that Saturday?

ok, I didn't realize flying circus is at city club.lol those guys will be doing a saturday show there as well. it should get announced tonight.
    Last edited by jumpstart; 05-13-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    They had the basically free monday night closing party there, 5 bucks i think. It has the largest capacity of the detroit venues so im sure it is booked all 3 nights.
    Good to know. Looking forward to who might play the closing party there

So, the guys behind flying circus are supposed to announce another party for Saturday. Spooks, perhaps its the same party that you've heard about happening that Saturday?

ok, I didn't realize flying circus is at city club.lol those guys will be doing a saturday show there as well. it should get announced tonight.
    Yep soon...

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?598044

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Are you meeting up with any boardies, spooks?
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

I'll hang out for $25/hr.

Solidified my afters purchases. DJ Harvey, Industry Brunch, No Way Back, As You Like It, and Anthology are all a lock. Honcho is pay at the door I think. Just over a week. Getting pretty damned psyched.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

I'm kind of bummed I've never checked out City Club before, and I don't think this will be the trip where it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Are you meeting up with any boardies, spooks?
    Are you going?

the Movement App has been released!

Sunday and Monday, so many conflicts...any recommendations for "Underground" and "Made in Detroit" stages as far as not to be missed acts?

http://clashfinder.com/s/mvmt2014/

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I'd suggest the Made in Detroit stage for when there's no one you want to see at the other stages. Stand over by the arch or whatever artwork that is for the best people entertainment
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

^ Word. Thanks for your input. 10 more days!

10 Artists to Check Out at Movement Detroit 2014
    http://thump.vice.com/en_ca/words/10...t-detroit-2014

Movement Festival: Artist to See & Schedule Announcement
    http://www.techibeats.com/movement-f...-announcement/

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    the Movement App has been released!

Sunday and Monday, so many conflicts...any recommendations for "Underground" and "Made in Detroit" stages as far as not to be missed acts?

http://clashfinder.com/s/mvmt2014/
    Saturday: DJ Minx fucking throws down. I had so much fun at her set last year, easily the best house set of the weekend. Hopefully Divinti and Eva Soul from her Women on Wax label come out for live vocals again. Also, Monoloc in the UG

Sunday: Malik Alston and Delano Smith. And Robert Hood is not to be missed.

Monday: The only excuse to miss Adam X on the Underground stage is if you're seeing Eddie Fowlkes on the Made in Detroit Stage. Dantiez Saunderson and Niko Marks to start your afternoon off.

This thread makes me hate myself for not being able to attend Movement again this year
    Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | MSTRKRFT After-party 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13 | Sasha @ It'll Do Dallas 11/22 | Caribou @ The Mohawk Austin 11/23

Hoping to hear this track next week!

https://soundcloud.com/mixmag-1/prem...hats-the-point

Saturday: DJ Minx fucking throws down. I had so much fun at her set last year, easily the best house set of the weekend. Hopefully Divinti and Eva Soul from her Women on Wax label come out for live vocals again. Also, Monoloc in the UG

Sunday: Malik Alston and Delano Smith. And Robert Hood is not to be missed.

Monday: The only excuse to miss Adam X on the Underground stage is if you're seeing Eddie Fowlkes on the Made in Detroit Stage. Dantiez Saunderson and Niko Marks to start your afternoon off.
    Saturday: I'll check out DJ Minx since I don't know who to see after Monoloc

Sunday: Malik Alston before Troxler sounds great! Dixon -> Delano Smith -> Kode 9 -> Mike Huckaby or Hawtin??? -> Robert Hood

Monday: I saw Adam X play all vinyl set for 6 hours in the Panther Room in March so I think I'll check out Eddie Fowlkes since Kevin Saunderson is playing right after him....how big is "Underground" stage? I don't need to be close for Jeff Mills but I also want to be close enough to feel the bass! He's playing against Carl Cox, Octave One and Boys Noize so I don't think it'll be too difficult to get a good spot right?

Which one is your favorite??? I can't decide between #10 or #12!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/w...percent-dj-fur

The bunker is pretty small, and last year they had a new visual/lighting set up, which (either that or the acts) drew soooo many more people to that stage than I've seen before. The best sound spot there is the little area right before the ramp that takes you down. But if you want to be close, you have to maneuver down the ramps. You'll be able to feel the base pretty much anywhere within the vicinity, though.

I didn't like the bunker because how packed it was and how murky the sound was. I'm typically someone who doesn't get bother by packed crowds but just something about it just made me not want to be there.
    Last edited by getbetter; 05-14-2014 at 10:30 AM.
    Translation

Sparks @ Ace Hotel 02/14/15
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/15
    The Pop Group @ GAMH 03/11/15

Last.fm