Page 6 of 78 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2011

Default Re: Fitchella 2011

God I use to hate being sick when at my grandma's house. If we had a fever she would give us an ice cold bath. ugh

2010 was the first year since I have been with my girl that I didn't find myself over the 190 pound mark.

I am at about 170-175 now and have barely any body fat. I have still been doing Insanity six days a week (with weights thrown in as a second workout on some days) and have been able to stay where I am at.

My goal is to maintain.... maybe even gain 5-10 more pounds of muscle by mid-April.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

I'll be starting my pre-P90x training next week. Basically doing the first phase to get my body and mind ready to give it my all when January comes around.

My goal is basically to increase muscular endurance and chiseledness. Mainly in the legs and back so I stand/jump for as long as I want without pain.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Headed to the gym!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

400 bicycle crunches. Done!
    Upcoming shows:

Yay Westy!
    I did just over 4 miles today. I might do yoga tomorrow at 6, but cardio and free weights regardless.

What is everyone else doing in terms of exercise?
    PLURcenta

Quote Originally Posted by caco0283 View Post
    Weighed myself today at Publix and I'm 126....jesus Ive lost about 10 pounds in 6 months!!!
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post

I have been doing push ups for some time now, but I'm really starting to see results since taking up the 100 push up challenge. I've just finished week 4, day 3, which is a set of 29, 33, 29, 29, and a final max out of 40.

http://hundredpushups.com/
    i cant believe I bought this App... but its amazing what a small financial commitment can do for your workout drive.
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Quote Originally Posted by ELECtROjan View Post

lol....I've always been a skinny fucker...I don't spend the time to eat as much as I should

Haven't started working out yet but yesterday I did eat over 200 calories that I'm supposed to. So I guess I'm on track to gain some weight
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

Good Ronnie! I'm sure you will make it to the gym soon, but the calorie intake is progress.
    PLURcenta

High five everyone for the good work!

I didn't make it to the gym this morning, but I did make it yesterday, and I've been hitting my goal of 1200 calories per day. So yay for that.

I have sore muscles for the first time in a while. I need to prepare for going home for the holidays. I eat so poorly and don't even walk anywhere when I'm home.

Writing a report outside a Peet's Coffee, Jamba Juice, and Einstein Bagels. Resisting temptation has never been so hard.
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

Quote Originally Posted by thecapsulettes View Post
    Yay Westy!
    I did just over 4 miles today. I might do yoga tomorrow at 6, but cardio and free weights regardless.
    Thanks for the support, and well done on your workouts!

Quote Originally Posted by ELECtROjan View Post
    i cant believe I bought this App... but its amazing what a small financial commitment can do for your workout drive.
    Just finished Week 5, Day 2. Sets of 19, 19, 22, 22, 18, 18, 22, and max out at 45. Total of 185 pushups.
    Upcoming shows:

I haven't had any time to run or go to the gym (or at least, I haven't made time), but I am playing 2 hours of soccer tonight.

My eating problem is carbs. I can and do eat pasta for days and there's honestly no way I can ever imagine cutting it out of my life. I try my best to add veggies to it so that I'm at least getting other nutrients.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i had both mcdonalds & two sugar cookies yesterday. i had forgotten my lunch though and was in a hurry. also, a co-worker made the cookies so i wanted to give them a try. but i did eat some fabulous bbq, garlic & lime chicken last night, peas, and salad (thanks IFA). i also hard-boiled some eggs that i had for breakfast today with turkey bacon. i've also walked every night this week for at least 20 minutes.

tomorrow's monthly potluck with my friends will be a challenge since i'm bringing ice-cream cake. also, champagne cocktail night with my girlfriend tonight will be rough lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Last night I put on my gym clothes, went to Filibertos, came back and watched Breaking Bad.

True story, show was pretty good.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Haven't gone the route of South Beach yet mostly because i've been busy. I might have to wait a few weeks but at this point i'm just reducing my carbs by only getting them from green beans, lettuce and green peppers. I've been cooking breakfast and lunch and bringing it to work each day. Usually eggs with either ground pork or chorizo for breakfast and a peice of steak or some chicken for lunch. Dinner is always steak, chicken, fish or pork and a can of green beans. I haven't cheatd outside of that plan at all and i'm noticing even more energy. For instance this summer while watching Wilco I couldn't make it to the end of the show standing. I had to sit for 5 minutes near the end and then stand back up. Last night I stood for 2+ hours and then following the show had a ton of energy and even jogged to the car. I just feel good. When I eat carbs I'm a completely slug with aches and pains. I'll be keeping up my current program and hopefully next week I will start to add cardio and walking to the healthier eating. I think i'm going to avoid the scale for quite a while and just continue going based on how I feel physically. Maybe around Jan. 1 i'll do a new weigh in.

I started at 295 lbs. on December 4th. We'll see what the results are come Coachella time.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i had both mcdonalds & two sugar cookies yesterday. i had forgotten my lunch though and was in a hurry. also, a co-worker made the cookies so i wanted to give them a try. but i did eat some fabulous bbq, garlic & lime chicken last night, peas, and salad (thanks IFA). i also hard-boiled some eggs that i had for breakfast today with turkey bacon. i've also walked every night this week for at least 20 minutes.

tomorrow's monthly potluck with my friends will be a challenge since i'm bringing ice-cream cake. also, champagne cocktail night with my girlfriend tonight will be rough lol.
    We also didn't drink any wine, for a change. Score 1 for us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    It is Joycian (if James Joyce were a Super Bitch).

I drank whiskey last night instead of beer. Wheew.

Also, I'm finally over this sickness so I can finally exercise.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

I told you a week ago whiskey was the cure

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I haven't had any time to run or go to the gym (or at least, I haven't made time), but I am playing 2 hours of soccer tonight.

My eating problem is carbs. I can and do eat pasta for days and there's honestly no way I can ever imagine cutting it out of my life. I try my best to add veggies to it so that I'm at least getting other nutrients.
    Cara, have you ever tried pasta made with quinoa flour instead of wheat? It has a much higher protein content than regular pasta, so it might be a good thing to incorporate in your eating habits. The texture is somewhat different, but in my opinion it's a decent substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post

Good job on the walking Ivy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Last night I put on my gym clothes, went to Filibertos, came back and watched Breaking Bad.

True story, show was pretty good.
    Hahahaaaaa.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Haven't gone the route of South Beach yet mostly because i've been busy. I might have to wait a few weeks but at this point i'm just reducing my carbs by only getting them from green beans, lettuce and green peppers. I've been cooking breakfast and lunch and bringing it to work each day. Usually eggs with either ground pork or chorizo for breakfast and a peice of steak or some chicken for lunch. Dinner is always steak, chicken, fish or pork and a can of green beans. I haven't cheatd outside of that plan at all and i'm noticing even more energy. For instance this summer while watching Wilco I couldn't make it to the end of the show standing. I had to sit for 5 minutes near the end and then stand back up. Last night I stood for 2+ hours and then following the show had a ton of energy and even jogged to the car. I just feel good. When I eat carbs I'm a completely slug with aches and pains. I'll be keeping up my current program and hopefully next week I will start to add cardio and walking to the healthier eating. I think i'm going to avoid the scale for quite a while and just continue going based on how I feel physically. Maybe around Jan. 1 i'll do a new weigh in.

I started at 295 lbs. on December 4th. We'll see what the results are come Coachella time.
    Faxman, I don't mean to be a nag, but this post makes it sound like the only fruits or vegetables you're getting on a regular basis are canned green beans, or maybe occasionally lettuce and green peppers. I feel sort of obligated to state the obvious here, which is that variety is both good for nutrition in that it will give your body lots of different types of vitamins and minerals, but also it will keep you from getting bored and feeling deprived and accidentally slipping up with a junk food run.

Quote Originally Posted by I.F.A. View Post
    We also didn't drink any wine, for a change. Score 1 for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I drank whiskey last night instead of beer. Wheew.

Also, I'm finally over this sickness so I can finally exercise.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Faxman, I don't mean to be a nag, but this post makes it sound like the only fruits or vegetables you're getting on a regular basis are canned green beans, or maybe occasionally lettuce and green peppers. I feel sort of obligated to state the obvious here, which is that variety is both good for nutrition in that it will give your body lots of different types of vitamins and minerals, but also it will keep you from getting bored and feeling deprived and accidentally slipping up with a junk food run.
    You're not being a nag at all. Variety is good but I was never a daily fruit eater. However, in a few weeks I will start to add a little bit of strawberries and blueberries to the diet that basically replaces things like Ice Cream, Chocolate and any other terrible sweet food I used to eat. I take a multi vitamin as well so i'm not missing out or depriving myself of vitamins or minerals.

Fruit is not allowed on adkins or south beach during the first couple of weeks, this is completely normal. More variety will come after the first couple of weeks.

Oh man...

Throw me down for 22 pounds.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post

Have you tried these? They're supposed to be some caloric miracle or something. I guess they take a little bit of getting used to and a little bit of additional prep, but apparently they make a pretty good lo-mein. I don't think it they'd ever replace regular noodles but it might help you eat them less frequently.
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 12-09-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Also, for whatever reason, all I want to eat these days is light summer foods. Salads, sandwiches, yogurt, fruit and cheese plates. I wonder if it's because I usually go running in the evening and not in the morning before I've eaten anything. I mean, who wants to run on lasagna?

It's working out pretty well for me, though. I feel good.

Hannah, I'm impressed. Actually, doubly impressed because (1) I wouldn't take you for a runner, and (2) Oregon is fucking cold this time of year.

I like the cold air when I'm running. I just don't like it when I'm freezing in my apartment trying to rearrange the furniture to maximize the efficiency of the poorly placed radiator.

I am having to get back into the swing, though - I took a bit of a break when all the leaves fell because there are so many fucking trees in my neighborhood that the place was covered entirely in wet, slippery leaves and completely unsafe and impossible to traverse without knocking out all your teeth on the pavement.

I miss running. Every now and then I decide to test my back and run a bit. It's not good.

Kylie asked some posts back about what form of exercise everyone is doing. I am a cycle class fiend. 4 a week. With some strength training thrown in there. If the weather is nice, I take advantage and go for walks.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Hey, are any of you doing P90X? If I can't install a pull-up bar in my apartment am I going to miss out on a good deal of the program? I'm figuring with dumbbells and a mat I should be fine. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheAoki View Post
    Hey, are any of you doing P90X? If I can't install a pull-up bar in my apartment am I going to miss out on a good deal of the program? I'm figuring with dumbbells and a mat I should be fine. Thoughts?
    I borrowed the DVD's a couple of weeks back but never did any of the workouts. I did watch the introduction and apparently you can modify the workouts by using resistance bands if you don't have all the equipment.
    Upcoming shows: