Fui quod es, eris quod sum. I once was what you are, you will be what I am - epitaph carved on Roman gravestones.
wooo go JEWS!
Paul is dead
Happy Hanukkah Jew crew!
8/27 Rock the Bells @ Shoreline
9/1 Amon Tobin @ The Warfield
9/30 DJ Premier vs. Pete Rock @ Mighty
Happy Hannukah, caco your jewish?
where the fuck do you find all these, Andrew....too funny!
Baruch atah adonai eloheinu melech haolam asher kid'shanu b'mitzvotav v'tzivanu l'hadlik ner shel chanukah.
Baruch atah adonai eloheinu melech haolam shehasa nisim l'avotenu bayamim hahem bazman hazeh.
*based upon tedious fact checking.
In other news I have a great recipe for Hannukah Sufganiat(doughnuts), if anyone wants to keep traditional?
* 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
* 2 (8-ounce) cartons vanilla low-fat yogurt
* 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
* 2 eggs
* 6 cups canola oil
* 3/4 cup confectionersí sugar
* 1 cup seedless strawberry jelly
1. In a large bowl, place flour, yogurt, vanilla sugar and eggs.
2. Knead until all ingredients are combined and a sticky, doughy batter is formed. Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Heat 6 cups canola oil in a 6-quart stockpot, covered, over medium heat.
4. When dough is ready, uncover oil and raise heat to high.
5. Scoop out a tablespoonful of batter and drop in oil. Donít make the doughnuts too big, so they can cook through.
6. You should be able to fry about 7 doughnuts at a time. Using a slotted spoon, turn doughnuts when halfway browned, about 30 seconds to 1minute. Fry for another 2 to 3 minutes or until entire doughnut is deep golden brown and cooked through.
7. Remove doughnuts and let cool on paper towel-lined plates. Repeat previous two steps with remaining batter.
8. Fill a squeeze bottle with jelly and inject a little into each doughnut.
9. Roll each doughnut in confectionersí sugar. Or shake 3 doughnuts at a time in a paper bag filled with confectionersí sugar.
Enjoy! and Mazel tov!
i will use this recipe!!!!!! ill let you know how it turns out...and here is a pic from service tonight for shabbat, we have glowsticks for the kids and families for Hanukkah, all we needed was some beats
Hahaha Friday night shabbat rave... did the kids break the challah? or were they at a lose for appetite?