Page 1 of 12 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sally's Arctic Monkeys GangBang Lovefest 2011

Default Sally's Arctic Monkeys GangBang Lovefest 2011

New album expected next year. Confirmed for Benicassim Festival in July. They should have been at Coachella this year, but we can get redemption. Or maybe Bonnaroo (late night set!!!!)? Either way we should get some US dates. Seen them 5 times and they put on such a kick ass rock show. Their set in Miami this past April was one of the best shows i've ever been to.

Would you like me to build you a go-kart?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Default Re: Sally's Arctic Monkeys GangBang Lovefest 2011

Love the thread title, Salah.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

What do you mean "they should have been at Coachella this year". Are they confirmed not to play?

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

This year being 2010.

The last arctic monkeys album was so so in my book. Everyone makes mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

I just want to have something to do...

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    This year being 2010.

The last arctic monkeys album was so so in my book. Everyone makes mistakes.
    It was a grower, seeing a bunch of the songs live a few times really made me appreciate it more. And you can't blame them for trying something new, I do like that you can just FEEL the desert in some of those songs.

But yeah, doesnt shine a light to Favourite Worst Nightmare. That album is a masterpiece
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

I saw them at Lolla before the album came out. It was pretty underwhelming, but the heat was a major factor. I need to see them inside, or at least at night. Or at Glasto.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Oh I was at that Lolla set too, I agree it was underwhelming! You shoulda gone to their aftershow the night before at the metro. THAT shit was bonkers, I was completely drenched in sweat by the end. Alex seemed hungover at their Lolla set, im sure he was

Berserk as FUCK

They killed it at the Palladium. I thought they rocked tasty abs washer board style. And I agree with you bess. The album was definitely a grower. Upon first listen I wasn't impressed, but after several times, it quickly became one of my favorite albums of the year. I thought they would be a lock for Coachella this year considering their CA dates that surrounded that weekend, but noooooo. Quite a bummer.

Oh well, I'm just psyched to hear they already have new material on it's way for next year. Cannot wait to catch these guys again.
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

This is where I say they're nothing more than mediocre post-punk revival and leave it at that for the next couple of month. Have fun kids.

arctic monkeys? dont make me waste my time. their peak came in whatever... and then they lost it. favourite worst nightmare? come on, talk about disappointment
    as predicted by nostradamus

very very much want to see them, I do hope they tour next year

yes.

Quote Originally Posted by matsuolost View Post
    arctic monkeys? dont make me waste my time. their peak came in whatever... and then they lost it. favourite worst nightmare? come on, talk about disappointment
    Some of the tracks on that album suck, I'll admit. But the b-sides for that album, i think they're quite amazing. The amount of b-sides they had, they could have made another album:

If You Found This, It's Probably Too Late
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqKl1...eature=related

What If You Were Right First Time
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2cFv...eature=related

Temptation feat Dizze Rascal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEWNO..._order&list=UL

Too Much Too Ask
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHRjg..._order&list=UL

Da Frame 2R
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk0eN..._order&list=UL

Matador
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDsCW..._order&list=UL

Nettles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2WMB...eature=related

Even if the music doesn't cut it for you guys, Alex Turner is quite an amazing lyricist. He can be poetically observant. haha

I was so bummed they werent at Coachella this year. Their set in 2007 was totally awesome. Hope we get them next year.
    4/18-20 Coachella
    4/26 Simian Mobile Disco @ Pappy & Harriet's
    5/1 The Horrors @ First Unitarian Church
    5/29 Thee Oh Sees @ Church on York
    6/7-9 Governors Ball
    6/14-15 Low End Theory Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Pat24 View Post
    Some of the tracks on that album suck, I'll admit. But the b-sides for that album, i think they're quite amazing. The amount of b-sides they had, they could have made another album:

If You Found This, It's Probably Too Late
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqKl1...eature=related

What If You Were Right First Time
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2cFv...eature=related

Temptation feat Dizze Rascal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEWNO..._order&list=UL

Too Much Too Ask
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHRjg..._order&list=UL

Da Frame 2R
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk0eN..._order&list=UL

Matador
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDsCW..._order&list=UL

Nettles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2WMB...eature=related

Even if the music doesn't cut it for you guys, Alex Turner is quite an amazing lyricist. He can be poetically observant. haha
    Oooohhh thanks Pat! I havent heard a bunch of these!

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    I was so bummed they werent at Coachella this year. Their set in 2007 was totally awesome. Hope we get them next year.
    I was too. But the band said they thought playing it this year would of been too soon after playing it in 07 and said their 07 set was a personal favourite of theirs. So they played Pappy and Harriett's instead.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Oooohhh thanks Pat! I havent heard a bunch of these!
    No problem. They have a couple of more from that era if you want more.

yeah, dont get me wrong I used to love them. I just think they didn't grow up too well. releasing that 2nd album so soon hurt bad. they could very well have made that an EP, and hold out the other material a little. see how well it stood, but no.

I guess not every band knows how to age as well as the walkmen
    Last edited by matsuolost; 11-26-2010 at 10:28 PM.

Favorite Worst Nightmare was kickass. What are you talking about?
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

I just think they didn't grow up too well. releasing that 2nd album so soon hurt bad. they could very well have made that an EP, and hold out the other material a little. see how well it stood, but no.
    What? They're still growing and very young. That 2nd album hurt them in what way? It was number 1 in the UK charts and so was Humbug. FWN got them to headline Glastonbury in 07 and then headline Reading and Leeds last year with Humbug. Their first two albums gained Alex Turner popularity as a song writer with him following up another number 1 album in the UK with his side-project The Last Shadow Puppets. That means Alex Turner released four number 1 albums in the UK in four years all under the age of 25. I don't know about you, but that's impressive. So whatever you're talking about that record hurting them. hmmm. ok.

GANGBANG! GANGBANG!!

Seriously, I love you guys

What? They're still growing and very young. That 2nd album hurt them in what way? It was number 1 in the UK charts and so was Humbug. FWN got them to headline Glastonbury in 07 and then headline Reading and Leeds last year with Humbug. Their first two albums gained Alex Turner popularity as a song writer with him following up another number 1 album in the UK with his side-project The Last Shadow Puppets. That means Alex Turner released four number 1 albums in the UK in four years all under the age of 25. I don't know about you, but that's impressive. So whatever you're talking about that record hurting them. hmmm. ok.
    That and the fact that FWN kicked ass!

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    I still remember watching these guys in '07 having no clue what type of band they were, and I instantly fell in love.

useless to talk w. fanboys
    you think album sales means it was good?
    and yeah, headlining those events.. i guess that's all the proof I needed right. guess what? KOL have headlined those same events. and with their worst album aswell.

you didn't mention one bit about the music in your reply, let me guess why: because it's not that good

and yeah, headlining those events.. i guess that's all the proof I needed right. guess what? KOL have headlined those same events. and with their worst album aswell.

you didn't mention one bit about the music in your reply, let me guess why: because it's not that good
    Err...except, that second album is good. In fact, its great. Hard to say if its as good as the first, but its still damn close and was a great follow up. And I'm not alone in that, general consensus is that its damn good judging from reviews and everyone in this thread thats not you.
    Last edited by Llama of Time; 11-27-2010 at 12:24 AM.

Still haven't seen Arctic Monkeys.... :,(

Once upon a time in 2007 Sally and I decided to drive 660 miles to see them in Atlanta. We made it about 1/3 the way and got into an accident that was so horrific that you look back at the vehicle and ask yourself "how the fuck do I still have a pulse"? It was an Arctic Monkey miracle that we are alive to tell this story, let alone not having any serious injuries.

To this day that is the only show that I had tickets for and had to forfeit.

I will have my redemption in 2011. It may have taken 4 years but... I'ma get me some!

old school

660 miles?

Werst. Nube. Ever!

Thank you! That means a lot to me. Is that all you got?

Quote Originally Posted by sbconnection View Post
    Still haven't seen Arctic Monkeys.... :,(

Once upon a time in 2007 Sally and I decided to drive 660 miles to see them in Atlanta. We made it about 1/3 the way and got into an accident that was so horrific that you look back at the vehicle and ask yourself "how the fuck do I still have a pulse"? It was an Arctic Monkey miracle that we are alive to tell this story, let alone not having any serious injuries.

To this day that is the only show that I had tickets for and had to forfeit.

I will have my redemption in 2011. It may have taken 4 years but... I'ma get me some!
    Except the car accident happened in 06 and we drove up to Orlando to see them in 07, remember? That show was VERY mediocre though, it was the last stop on the tour and you could feel Alex just ready to be done. Be Your Own Pet opened and he carried her off stage. I dont blame you for not remembering, you need to have the AM show that ive been lucky to have a few times. Wouldnt hurt for you to listen to the newer stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsnake28 View Post
    660 miles?

Werst. Nube. Ever!
    Stop being gross

What do you want us to do, give a detailed song by song break down of the album in hopes of trying to prove to you how awesome it is? It might be easier if you just fuck off