Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: House

Default Re: House

Fuck. Yes. My main man Garth spinning at Voodoo Next Wednesday!
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Theo Parrish at Rhonda next month!!! So stoked to finally see this guy
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Nice! Let's hear it for Spin's out of the blue renaissance as an electronic music publication of worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Although it seems doubtful they'll ever make their website's navigation worth a single fuck at all.

One of the Honcho dudes played this after Prosumer in Pittsburgh and it tore the motherfucking house down. I was part of five dudes on the dancefloor just grinding on each other in a chain during this. Definitely one of the most fabulous moments of my year.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    One of the Honcho dudes played this after Prosumer in Pittsburgh and it tore the motherfucking house down. I was part of five dudes on the dancefloor just grinding on each other in a chain during this. Definitely one of the most fabulous moments of my year.

Very sad I missed Prosumer on Friday as he was playing next door in the Panther Room during Ben Klock

George's thoughts on the future of house music....

http://www.mixmag.net/features/gold-...rge-fitzgerald

7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

eagerly awaiting the traumprinz lp ...

spacey brilliance from joey anderson ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ross1492 View Post
    Likewise. Ordered last week on Juno, hoping it will come this weekend.

Really hope he puts out that Olive edit he had on his RA mix on a white label, I'm a sucker for that cheese.
    waka waka

Quote Originally Posted by RoughSteez View Post
    Really hope he puts out that Olive edit he had on his RA mix on a white label, I'm a sucker for that cheese.
    that makes 2 of us ... which is to say, "you're not alone" in your thinking

sorry, couldn't resist

also ...

btw traumprinz and prince of denmark, the guy (girl?) has had an unbelievable year

Something about this track always gets me in a good mood. It's no Inspector Norse but was the closest for me in 2013

7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

That Gerd rework was quite the crowd pleaser the few times I heard it played out this year.

Releases on 100% Silk's label have become the soundtrack to my adult contemporary house life lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross1492 View Post
    Its floating around. let me know if you want the link

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Its floating around. let me know if you want the link
    Can you group it?

Can you group it?
    Sure. Grouped.

waka waka

Longtime lurker here. Can anybody recommend some good starting points for UK Garage? I love Disclosure and Sbtrkt but i want to go deeper. I've discovered Zed Bias, Julio Bashmore and Artful Dodger but its hard to wade through hours of garbage to find the good stuff. Specifically when people say Disclosure is just ripping off classic UKG, who are they referring to? I've searched the board for its own thread and it looks like there isn't one so I hope this one is Ok.

Hmm check out DJ EZ's mixes and his track listings for leads. Also maybe browse through Aus Music label releases.

I read an article on this new label, White Material. A lot of hyp ebuilt around it, and the vinyls are going for really expensive prices on discogs. Way overhyped, nothing special. anyone care to throw their two cents in?

Quote Originally Posted by RoughSteez View Post
    diggin this track but the quality sucks

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    I read an article on this new label, White Material. A lot of hyp ebuilt around it, and the vinyls are going for really expensive prices on discogs. Way overhyped, nothing special. anyone care to throw their two cents in?
    So... what was your point? To say you don't like any of the releases?

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    So... what was your point? To say you don't like any of the releases?
    My point exactly. they have 4 releases out right now. they are being hailed as the next big move...I cant see/hear/tell what differentiates them from anything else out there. It's a whole lot of fluff... Fluff I tell you

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    Hmm check out DJ EZ's mixes and his track listings for leads. Also maybe browse through Aus Music label releases.
    Yes for DJ EZ, Aus is hardly a Garage label. Check out EL-B's earlier stuff, Mike Delinquent Project, some MJ Cole. You Tube has several Garage mixes of old school UK/Speed Garage/4x4/bassline. Roska put out a good old school garage mix on Rinse FM about a month or two back.

And if Disclosure is "just" ripping off classic UKG, then they are smarter than any of the other fucks out there. I credit them for bringing back interest in UKG.

Only downside is you'll have to start retraining yourself to say "Gehridge" properly.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    Yes for DJ EZ, Aus is hardly a Garage label. Check out EL-B's earlier stuff, Mike Delinquent Project, some MJ Cole. You Tube has several Garage mixes of old school UK/Speed Garage/4x4/bassline. Roska put out a good old school garage mix on Rinse FM about a month or two back.

And if Disclosure is "just" ripping off classic UKG, then they are smarter than any of the other fucks out there. I credit them for bringing back interest in UKG.

Only downside is you'll have to start retraining yourself to say "Gehridge" properly.
    Nice this exactly what i was looking for. Really digging the EZ mixes I've found. Thanks for the pointers. this should keep me busy for awhile.

Taylor -- have you listened to Todd Edwards? He was at the forefront of when UK Garage first became a thing in the 90s, so that could be useful to explore. And hey, as you're discovering good shit in that vein, please post it here.

Definitely check out the Fabric mix DJ EZ did a couple of months ago. Lots of good tunes and ends with "Sincere" by MJ Cole, which is one of the anthems.

Seriously, this is the fucking jam. I love how late-night it is:

This Julio Bashmore tune isn't super garage-y but has been stuck in my head a lot recently. DJ Rashad plays a footwork remix of it that is rad:

Also, The Streets are very much rooted in garage. Check out Original Pirate Material.

Yeah I discovered Todd Edwards a couple nights ago while I was caught in a wikipedia-rabbit hole and listened to some tracks. Really great stuff. Wonder if he ever will play/has played Coachella. Just discovered this awesome track that was apparently a huge hit in 2007. gets really funky around the 1:00 mark. (sorry if this is obvious.)

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    Definitely check out the Fabric mix DJ EZ did a couple of months ago. Lots of good tunes and ends with "Sincere" by MJ Cole, which is one of the anthems.
    Thanks! Checking that out now.