View Poll Results: Who would you rather see at Coachella?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Minor Threat

    27 40.30%
  • The Smiths

    40 59.70%
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

  1. #1

    Default The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    I think Minor Threat will win. After all they are much better...
    Ive got the demons in me, Ive got to brush them all away.......

  2. #2
    Lurker mistercrinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia Suburbs
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    The Smiths, EASY.

  3. #3
    Coachella Junkie woogie846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,661

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    Minor Threat, just for the fact I don't like the Smiths.

  4. #4
    Member Mr. E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico : Isla Del Encanto
    Posts
    586

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    gotta love these 2 bands. so im not gonna vote.

  5. #5
    Member SometimesNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    it's hard to compare the two..comparing minor threat to fugazi makes more sense imo

  6. #6

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    Definitely Minor Threat. Though it would mean MacKaye reneged on his promise to not play festivals.

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    This is yet another Smiths bashing thread from you - nice work!

    And there no fucking way in hell Minor threat are better - sorry.
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

  8. #8
    Beef Supreme Mr.Nipples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rancho Retardo
    Posts
    7,287

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    yes minor threat is better...deal with it
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

  9. #9
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,306

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    The Smiths hands down...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  10. #10
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    The Smiths hands up
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  11. #11
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    For the record - The Smiths are winning this lame ass poll. Shows you what you know rosetta, not much.
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

  12. #12

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    I love both of these bands, but I love the Smiths more. However, I would be SOOOOO PISSED if either of these bands got back together at coachella, especially minor threat.

  13. #13
    Member kingdumb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Castaic , Ca
    Posts
    223

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    minor threat would never happen


    and the smits would sell out coachella faster than rage!
    IF GOD TAKES LIFE, THEN HES AN INDIAN GIVER!

  14. #14

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    There's no point of comparsion betwen Minor Threat and The Smiths. Both bands rock in their own celibate drug free way or in a corny faggy way.

  15. #15
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    heehee
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

  16. #16
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,892

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    Quote Originally Posted by frijolesdelaolla View Post
    There's no point of comparsion betwen Minor Threat and The Smiths. Both bands rock in their own celibate drug free way or in a corny faggy way.
    Is that why we have this poll? I'm not familiar with Minor Threat and had no idea what comparisons could be drawn between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  17. #17
    Member NeverMyopic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    347

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Is that why we have this poll? I'm not familiar with Minor Threat and had no idea what comparisons could be drawn between the two.
    amyzzz, there really can't be any comparisons, except they both played in the 80's and had relatively short lifespans (for lack of a better word).

    Both bands are awesome, but I think The Smiths were more diverse and evolved (of course they had time to).

    Minor Threat was an East Coast (D.C.) type punk band - very conscience, great/biting lyrics, somewhat angry and played hard as hell. Although, they do have a couple of slower songs. They had essentially 1 full album, 2 extended EPs, and a couple of singles. You can get pretty much all their music on one CD.

    This poll is like comparing apples and oranges, the groups are in completely different categories, and play different types of music. Like I've said, I like both bands a lot, but LOVE The Smiths. Minor Threat, I can only listen to occasionally now, while The Smiths I still listen to very often.
    "Yeah chicks go nuts for that... the male camel toe."
    "Yea yea! The camel tail."

  18. #18
    foof roberto73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stately Wayne Manor
    Posts
    2,990

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    Amy and NeverMyopic, in order to understand this poll, you first have to read this dubious assertion that the thread starter made in another thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rosetta Stoned View Post
    Minor Threat is what the Smiths wish they could be.
    He doesn't make any attempt to explain this statement, but then again, he doesn't really explain any of his statements. He might be incoherent, but at least he's consistent.

  19. #19
    Beef Supreme Mr.Nipples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rancho Retardo
    Posts
    7,287

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    you can listen to minor threats entire catalog in under an hour...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

  20. #20

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    I think I remember saying that the music of the Smiths was bad, maybe that was a little to cryptic I appologize. What I ment to say is their music is bad ie. Drums, guitar, and bass. I also remember saying Morrisey was a good song writer and that his stance on moral issues was camendable. The music is bad that is why I think they are a bad and over-rated band. Minor Threat in terms of music and lyrics are better. Minor Threat were an angry band in a way RATM are. They are the angst ridden Smiths
    Ive got the demons in me, Ive got to brush them all away.......

  21. #21
    Member blakely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the land where the trees died of fear
    Posts
    1,054

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rosetta Stoned View Post
    ie. Drums, guitar, and bass.
    yes, most bands use these instruments..........
    the lurker shows his member to the kids at the old school.

  22. #22
    Member NeverMyopic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    347

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rosetta Stoned View Post
    I think I remember saying that the music of the Smiths was bad, maybe that was a little to cryptic I appologize. What I ment to say is their music is bad ie. Drums, guitar, and bass. I also remember saying Morrisey was a good song writer and that his stance on moral issues was camendable. The music is bad that is why I think they are a bad and over-rated band. Minor Threat in terms of music and lyrics are better. Minor Threat were an angry band in a way RATM are. They are the angst ridden Smiths
    Wow, are you serious on the music part? I'm sorry, but very few people can replicate what Johnny Marr does on the guitar (more specifically during The Smiths).

    First of all, I like Minor Threat a lot, but there is no way Brian Baker or Lyle Preslar could play what Marr did/does. And I like Brian Baker - he's also a good addition to Bad religion..but I digress. Also, the rhythm section of The Smiths was ridiculously tight, and they compsed a lot more diverse music/chords, what have you. Minor Threat, although pretty tight, was more of a typical punk band with most of their songs 3 or 4 chords (with occasional change ups).

    I'll agree with you on lyrics - they are both (Morrissey and Ian McKaye) incredible lyricists. BUT, they are entirely different in their delivery - right in your face, angry, let's make a damn difference vs. a sarcastic, almost melancholy wit, longing for something you can't have.
    "Yeah chicks go nuts for that... the male camel toe."
    "Yea yea! The camel tail."

  23. #23
    Beef Supreme Mr.Nipples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rancho Retardo
    Posts
    7,287

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverMyopic View Post
    Wow, are you serious on the music part? I'm sorry, but very few people can replicate what Johnny Marr does on the guitar (more specifically during The Smiths).

    First of all, I like Minor Threat a lot, but there is no way Brian Baker or Lyle Preslar could play what Marr did/does. And I like Brian Baker - he's also a good addition to Bad religion..but I digress. Also, the rhythm section of The Smiths was ridiculously tight, and they compsed a lot more diverse music/chords, what have you. Minor Threat, although pretty tight, was more of a typical punk band with most of their songs 3 or 4 chords (with occasional change ups).

    I'll agree with you on lyrics - they are both (Morrissey and Ian McKaye) incredible lyricists. BUT, they are entirely different in their delivery - right in your face, angry, let's make a damn difference vs. a sarcastic, almost melancholy wit, longing for something you can't have.
    its funny, one of the main reasons that minor threat broke up was lyle preslars yearning to expand his playing into edge/marr/heavy delay and chorus territory.
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

  24. #24

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    Which is apparently really hard to replicate? Hahaha. Right.

  25. #25
    Member NeverMyopic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    347

    Default Re: The Smiths vs Minor Threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    its funny, one of the main reasons that minor threat broke up was lyle preslars yearning to expand his playing into edge/marr/heavy delay and chorus territory.
    Yes; you kind of hear it on Salad Days E.P. - which I kind of like, although it is pretty tame for MT.
    "Yeah chicks go nuts for that... the male camel toe."
    "Yea yea! The camel tail."

Similar Threads

  1. The Smiths
    By patsyqwerty in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 02:34 PM
  2. The Smiths
    By I'm Rosetta Stoned in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 12:31 PM
  3. 5 MILLION DOLLARS. the smiths didint take and RATM did???
    By depechemodekraftwerk in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 10:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •