Thread: Kyuss Lives

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Kyuss Lives

Awesome, awesome, awesome news!

Josh Homme has been upfront about his lack of interest in reuniting Palm Desert stoner rock group Kyuss. In a 2007 interview with Blabbermouth, he said, “I don’t really care about the money, I never have. That’s not what Kyuss was about, so to punctuate the end of our sentence with that would be blasphemy.” He continued that “Kyuss has such a great history that it would be a total error… I’m too proud of it to rub my dick on it.”

So it’s no surprise that, now that the rest of the original lineup is reuniting, Homme won’t be joining the band. According to FasterLouder.com.au, singer John Garcia, bassisit Nick Oliveri, and drummer Brant Bjork do not share Homme’s distaste for nostalgic reunions, and have come together as Kyuss Lives for a European tour. This news comes early, thanks to a leak via the tour section of Amsterdam’s Paradiso club website (hello, March 29th).

Scott Reeder, who replaced Oliveri beginning with the band’s third album, said in 2008, “I think everyone but Josh would do it in a heartbeat. Back in the day we were always told, ‘You gotta strike while the iron’s hot,’ and Josh’s is still red hot.” Like Homme, Reeder will also not be a part of this reunion. Bruno Fevery will replace Homme on guitar.

Earlier this year, Garcia completed a “Garcia plays Kyuss” tour; in a preview of things to come, Oliveri and Bjork played with him during his set at June’s Hellfest in France.

We will update you when the dates are confirmed, and we will cross our fingers for some U.S. dates.
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/1...rt-of-returns/
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Default Re: Kyuss Lives

Kyuss without Josh Homme? No thanks.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I think the rest of the ingredients are exciting enough to go see them though. I've seen Garcia perform with other projects in the recent past and he's still on point, and I always love seeing Nick and Brant perform together as they have a great on-stage chemistry.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

I like that they got Nick Oliveri back, but Hommes is the main man if you ask me. That being said I would still go see this.
    Re: GayInTucson's illiterate ass

Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    I don't think we'll be hearing from him again. R.I.P

i think what Josh means is he doesn't need the money - but it looks like somebody else does!

C'mon, this would be like rage breaking up and getting back together in 20 years without tom morello on guitar. it just wouldn't be rage

I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I'm in.

ha...ha...ha...ha

Oh, I made a funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

This is a totally fuck you to Josh.
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

Scott Reeder is my friend. I know he & Josh are still close. I'll ask him what he thinks of the tour.
    Last edited by wstsidela; 11-03-2010 at 06:34 PM.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    Scott Reeder is my friend. I know he & Josh are still close. I'll ask him what he thinks of the tour.
    uhh, they're not going to like it?

Scott's reaction: "As I told John - hey, go sell some records!"
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

And now Oliveri is going to prison. So that happened.

Nick Oliveri of Queens of the Stone Age faces 15 years in prison

Former Queens of the Stone Age bassist Nick Oliveri has been charged with four felonies after a standoff with a SWAT team in Los Angeles last month and now faces 15 years in prison.

Oliveri was arrested July 12 after a fight with his ex-girlfriend escalated into a four-hour standoff with police. The 39-year-old bassist had locked himself and his ex-girlfriend inside his apartment when she was collecting her belongings to move out after he allegedly hit her, according to law officers.

A SWAT team was called, and two hours later, Oliveri allowed his ex-girlfriend to leave, officers said.

After another two hours, Oliveri surrendered to authorities. According to police, after officers searched his home, they found a full-loaded rifle along with cocaine and methamphetamines.

Oliveri is charged with two counts of possession of a controlled substance with a firearm, two counts of possession of a controlled substance and one misdemeanor count of resisting, obstructing or delaying a peace officer.

If convicted on all counts, he faces a maximum 15-year prison sentence. Oliveri was fired from Queens of the Stone Age by frontman Josh Homme in 2004.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Holy shit! I heard about this on the news the other day, but they didn't says it was Nick Oliveri. Wow.
    last.fm