Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 90

Thread: F!@# these people.

  1. #1

    Angry F!@# these people.

    i'm sorry for this pointless rant, but i'm a little irritated right now.

    as i've posted before, my room is an hour away from the festival. this is because i "only" booked 2.5 months in advance and (more importantly) because i can not afford 300 dollars a night for 4 nights. i know how business works and i understand supply and demand, but it's pretty fucking sad that coachella has become something only rich people can afford to do comfortably. those of us who live outside of california have to spend a fortune to get there. sure, i could camp i suppose. then i'd have to shell out money for a tent/supplies and fucking die of heat exhaustion and no sleep every day. i've done that at a festival before (not coachella) and it was one of the most horrible times i've ever had. i just spent 30 minutes going through "offers" people were giving me for rooms. rooms that would normaly cost 60 bucks a night are now 300. literaly. people are renting out their fucking spare room for 300 dollars a night. even if i COULD afford that i wouldn't pay it. it's fucking ridiculous. as it is (staying an hour away) this trip is costing me a grand total of 3000.00 that might not sound like a lot to you, but it sure as hell is to me. i've wanted to go to coachella since the first one and i could never afford it. now i'm going and i realize why i didn't in the past. it is -breaking- me. i know this post will get a lot of "boohoo/whatever" replies, but i also know a lot of people out there are in the same boat as me. i feel taken advantage of and ripped off. by ticketbastard, by hotels, by airlines, and probably by vendors once i get there. when did being a fan of live music start meaning you had to be loaded?

  2. #2
    old school dontfeedthebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Traveling man.
    Posts
    3,981

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    But it's Bjork man.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

  3. #3
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    Yeah the cost is a beast, but it sure is worth the trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    Also, it sort of filters out people that could mess up the show. Because now people have the mentality of, "I paid a crap load for this, I am going to enjoy it and not fuck things up."
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    203

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    I'm coming from outside of the US and I figure it will only cost me about $1000with food and everything. Then again I am camping.

  6. #6
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    Try booking a room in Palm Springs for less than $300/night. There are two lesbian resorts (clothing optional), and a few gay/lesbian resorts (clothed only) that have rooms. No one has to know you are str8. Go for it girl!

    For the guys, there are also rooms availbable at men's resorts or the mixed gay/lesbian ones in Palm Spings & Cathedral City. At least one male resort offers tent space at $35/night for 2 people.

    All together - there are nearly 40 gay, lesbian, and gay/lesbian resorts. Most have rooms available.

    There are also clothing optional srt8 resorts too. I don't know much about them. But I am sure they have rooms too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Posts
    3,500

    Exclamation Re: F!@# these people.



    E

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    When I was looking for a place to stay the cost of hotels/motels drove me to camping. Driving and splitting the cost of gas is helping to keep costs down too. There are many ways to work the logistics for coachella but if you’re flying and renting a room its going to be expensive. I just tapped into my "starving college student mentality" and the final costs were relatively low.

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,522

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    Oh no... not this again! Haha, actually I found it quite amuzing earlier.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    4,147

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    yeah that was a big whiner rant but i feel for ya. its like this.. if you cant afford it dont go. i use to bitch and moan sometimes too but one time i heard kiss at a news conference once and i always remembered what paul stanley said and although im not a big kiss fan it made sense. he said that basically its entertainment and how can they justify ticket prices? easy, look at prime seats for a sporting event, or a huge event. for us this is liking shelling out money for somehing that comes out once a year. example, a all star game, the super bowl, world series, ncaa tourney etc. the prices of those are insane so for 3 full days fo music, you get what u pay for. for me its gonna run us 2000 to fly down, rent a car, rent a room, tickets and spending money. and you know what? its a vacation and im looking forward to it big time. trust me, id love to go to lollapalooza in chicago...... cant afford it... id love to go to bonnaroo... cant afford it. this is my event so a little advice.. save up and plan.. good luck 2 u

  11. #11

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    coachella ticket: $300
    gas for the car ride down from santa cruz: $60
    food for the weekend: $100
    climbing to the roof of one of the nicer hotels in Indio and sleeping there for free, to wake up at 7 am in scorching heat but cool off by using their pool and waterslide area all day till the festival: priceless

    Same plan this year I think..



    Seriously, where there's a will there's a way. Quit being such pussies and be thrifty. You can save money and have fun adventures.

  12. #12

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    You could try Identity Theft.....it work for the scum that used my name and address to get loads of credit cards, loans and Littlewoods catalogue clothes

    Hey crime pays <shrugs>
    We're not becoming friends

  13. #13
    Member jimmycrackcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    in the shadow of mt. san jacinto
    Posts
    1,933

    Red face Re: F!@# these people.

    hey ashtray you could join the rest of the people trying to subsidize their coachella trips and sublet your room... get some more people to go in on it w/you and cut the cost in 1/2 or even into 1/4?...
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

  14. #14
    Member RADIOFACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CHICAGO
    Posts
    60

    Thumbs down Re: F!@# these people.

    do you want some cheese with your wine? If you cant afford it dont go. If it was cheap eveyone would go. If you dont want to pay $300 a night buy a camping ticket before they sell out or make plans earlier. Maybe if you werent to busy spending all your money on cocaine you would have extra money and not have to sell yourself on the corner to go to coachella. People like yourself shouldnt even be at a music festival. You cry because it is hot and it costs money, mommy mommy im hot its to expensive here?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Why are there so many poeple waaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Stupid braud
    BABY ALLIGATORS IN THE SEWER GROW UP FAST!

  15. #15
    Member jimmycrackcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    in the shadow of mt. san jacinto
    Posts
    1,933

    Talking Re: F!@# these people.

    Quote Originally Posted by RADIOFACE View Post
    do you want some cheese with your wine? If you cant afford it dont go. Maybe if you werent to busy spending all your money on cocaine you would have extra money and not have to sell yourself on the corner to go to coachella. Stupid braud
    WHOA you got cocaine ash? you can crash on my floor in that case...
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

  16. #16

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    wtf costs $3000 are u renting a limo?
    its not supposed to be that comfortable its a music festival not a trip to hawaii, suck it up and sleep in a tent for 3 days, it'll be more fun that hanging out by yourself in a hotel neway

  17. #17

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    we booked our room at extended stay near the palm springs airport in november for like 50 bucks a night. we got plane tickets at the same time from MIA to LAX on American Airlines for 208 with tax, direct and roundtrip. we got a rental car for like 30 a day then too. granted, this was waaay before a lineup was announced, but in denember they start raising the prices for hotel rooms.
    get on that shit early.
    I'm going to put your sidekick in my mojito.

  18. #18

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Try booking a room in Palm Springs for less than $300/night. There are two lesbian resorts (clothing optional), and a few gay/lesbian resorts (clothed only) that have rooms. No one has to know you are str8. Go for it girl!

    For the guys, there are also rooms availbable at men's resorts or the mixed gay/lesbian ones in Palm Spings & Cathedral City. At least one male resort offers tent space at $35/night for 2 people.

    All together - there are nearly 40 gay, lesbian, and gay/lesbian resorts. Most have rooms available.

    There are also clothing optional srt8 resorts too. I don't know much about them. But I am sure they have rooms too.
    oh i have no problem with the gay resorts, but my boyfriend will be with me. i thought about it but i'm afraid we'll be scorned for being a m/f couple... even though both of us are bi and couldn't care less about naked people walking around. as far as the straight places go... is anyone there younger? i don't want to irritate everyone by being young and then not participating in nudeness on top of that. it kind of screams "i just need a place to stay".

  19. #19

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    Quote Originally Posted by caljona View Post
    wtf costs $3000 are u renting a limo?
    its not supposed to be that comfortable its a music festival not a trip to hawaii, suck it up and sleep in a tent for 3 days, it'll be more fun that hanging out by yourself in a hotel neway
    i'll be with my boyfriend. 2 people coming from florida EASILY =s 3000

  20. #20

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    yeah that was a big whiner rant but i feel for ya. its like this.. if you cant afford it dont go. i use to bitch and moan sometimes too but one time i heard kiss at a news conference once and i always remembered what paul stanley said and although im not a big kiss fan it made sense. he said that basically its entertainment and how can they justify ticket prices? easy, look at prime seats for a sporting event, or a huge event. for us this is liking shelling out money for somehing that comes out once a year. example, a all star game, the super bowl, world series, ncaa tourney etc. the prices of those are insane so for 3 full days fo music, you get what u pay for. for me its gonna run us 2000 to fly down, rent a car, rent a room, tickets and spending money. and you know what? its a vacation and im looking forward to it big time. trust me, id love to go to lollapalooza in chicago...... cant afford it... id love to go to bonnaroo... cant afford it. this is my event so a little advice.. save up and plan.. good luck 2 u
    "if you can't afford it don't go" is why i haven't been and i've missed some of the best concerts because of that.

    which is the whole point of my "rant". although, i'm in a better mood today and feel silly for posting it in the first place.

  21. #21

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiNate View Post
    we booked our room at extended stay near the palm springs airport in november for like 50 bucks a night. we got plane tickets at the same time from MIA to LAX on American Airlines for 208 with tax, direct and roundtrip. we got a rental car for like 30 a day then too. granted, this was waaay before a lineup was announced, but in denember they start raising the prices for hotel rooms.
    get on that shit early.
    didn't know i was even going to be NEAR able to afford it till the day before the tickets went on sale. i unexpectedly found myself with the cash for the tickets.

  22. #22
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    Quote Originally Posted by ashtraygrl View Post
    i'm sorry for this pointless rant, but i'm a little irritated right now.

    as i've posted before, my room is an hour away from the festival. this is because i "only" booked 2.5 months in advance and (more importantly) because i can not afford 300 dollars a night for 4 nights. i know how business works and i understand supply and demand, but it's pretty fucking sad that coachella has become something only rich people can afford to do comfortably. those of us who live outside of california have to spend a fortune to get there. sure, i could camp i suppose. then i'd have to shell out money for a tent/supplies and fucking die of heat exhaustion and no sleep every day. i've done that at a festival before (not coachella) and it was one of the most horrible times i've ever had. i just spent 30 minutes going through "offers" people were giving me for rooms. rooms that would normaly cost 60 bucks a night are now 300. literaly. people are renting out their fucking spare room for 300 dollars a night. even if i COULD afford that i wouldn't pay it. it's fucking ridiculous. as it is (staying an hour away) this trip is costing me a grand total of 3000.00 that might not sound like a lot to you, but it sure as hell is to me. i've wanted to go to coachella since the first one and i could never afford it. now i'm going and i realize why i didn't in the past. it is -breaking- me. i know this post will get a lot of "boohoo/whatever" replies, but i also know a lot of people out there are in the same boat as me. i feel taken advantage of and ripped off. by ticketbastard, by hotels, by airlines, and probably by vendors once i get there. when did being a fan of live music start meaning you had to be loaded?
    There's been a thread on here offereing space for $100 a night. Only 5 minutes from the venue. All the time you spent typing this up you could have been looking for it.

    Hell, here's one for $70 you have 2 months to get to k now eachother.
    http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4207

    How about this one?

    http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3546

    Any, you gave up to quick, you could have tried craigslist and kept a close eye on this place.

    This rant wouldn't be so bad if we didn't hear about you finding hour hotel room an hour a way over a week ago.

  23. #23

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    Quote Originally Posted by RADIOFACE View Post
    do you want some cheese with your wine? If you cant afford it dont go. If it was cheap eveyone would go. If you dont want to pay $300 a night buy a camping ticket before they sell out or make plans earlier. Maybe if you werent to busy spending all your money on cocaine you would have extra money and not have to sell yourself on the corner to go to coachella. People like yourself shouldnt even be at a music festival. You cry because it is hot and it costs money, mommy mommy im hot its to expensive here?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Why are there so many poeple waaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Stupid braud
    informative, thanx!

    and no... i don't do cocaine. i have no money because i worked for the public school district in florida for too long.

  24. #24

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    and to the "you can find a space for 70-whatever" remarks...

    i'm not spending my nights sleeping with 5 strangers. it's just not wise.

    also, people complain sometimes. big deal. if you don't like it don't read it. you had fair warning at the very start of the post. i don't really feel like defending it cept to say that i still think people are being ridiculous with price gouging. you all whine about ticketmaster charging "service fees" and other hidden costs associate with purchasing tickets, not to mention scalping, but i get flack for bitching about there not being a cap on the % increase in room rates?

    it all boils down to people charging more than is fair because SOMEONE will pay it. same with ticketbastard, same with scalpers, and same with hotels.
    Last edited by ashtraygrl; 03-04-2007 at 12:37 PM.

  25. #25
    Member RADIOFACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CHICAGO
    Posts
    60

    Thumbs down Re: F!@# these people.

    why are you such a winey bitch?
    BABY ALLIGATORS IN THE SEWER GROW UP FAST!

  26. #26
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    Quote Originally Posted by ashtraygrl View Post
    oh i have no problem with the gay resorts, but my boyfriend will be with me. i thought about it but i'm afraid we'll be scorned for being a m/f couple... even though both of us are bi and couldn't care less about naked people walking around. as far as the straight places go... is anyone there younger? i don't want to irritate everyone by being young and then not participating in nudeness on top of that. it kind of screams "i just need a place to stay".
    You can easily stay at a clothed gay/lesbian one with no problems. There are no nudist resorts for gays & lesbians at the same resort. All ages come to Palm Springs - generally older, but all are welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  27. #27

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    Quote Originally Posted by RADIOFACE View Post
    why are you such a winey bitch?
    because of your mom

  28. #28
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    20,085

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    Quote Originally Posted by RADIOFACE View Post
    why are you such a winey bitch?
    Why are you such an asshole?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  29. #29
    Member RADIOFACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CHICAGO
    Posts
    60

    Exclamation Re: F!@# these people.

    did your cocaine hook up go awol right before tickets sold out, then you realized you would have surplus of extra cash?
    BABY ALLIGATORS IN THE SEWER GROW UP FAST!

  30. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    142

    Default Re: F!@# these people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    coachella ticket: $300
    gas for the car ride down from santa cruz: $60
    food for the weekend: $100
    climbing to the roof of one of the nicer hotels in Indio and sleeping there for free, to wake up at 7 am in scorching heat but cool off by using their pool and waterslide area all day till the festival: priceless

    Same plan this year I think..



    Seriously, where there's a will there's a way. Quit being such pussies and be thrifty. You can save money and have fun adventures.
    lol,, do you work for mastercard by any chance!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. How many people?
    By pantsLevi in forum Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 09:05 AM
  2. People, PLEASE
    By tessalasset in forum Passes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 11:15 PM
  3. Looking for people to drive with
    By Finnecent in forum Carpools
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2007, 02:56 PM
  4. Total # of people?
    By smitt12 in forum Questions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 06:46 PM
  5. Okay, so three people going with me.
    By Howtobefreaky in forum Passes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 06:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •