Page 39 of 318 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 9524

Thread: Daft Punk...Not at Coachella but Playing US

Default Re: Daft Punk...Not at Coachella but Playing US

Quote Originally Posted by matsuolost View Post
    i had the worst
    worst experience with ticketkrapster today.
    this is long. read at your own will
    i am not a whiner. just wanted to tell my story
    we- me and my friend went to an fye store where they have tm at 11am and so we just asked if the system was functioning correctly just to make sure you know, and the lady, dare i say motherfucking bitch! told us ugh yeah it is. fine we went to buy a jacket and just hanging around the mall. and we came back at 11.50 and at this time no one was there except us. so we got the new modest mouse album and the paris, texas dvd (my favorite movie btw) ok and then the mkfuckinbitchingfucking person told us no i am just here for tickets and then she yelled COSMO! which is a funny name. so we just had to laugh, but we didn't do it at his face!
    oh well. we bought our stuff and then along came another guy. and i asked him are you here for daft punk too? and he said yes so we started talking and i told him i already got tickets at pre-sale (floor) but since i got em for will call well i just wanted to make sure i had them in my hands whatever. but my friend DIDNT. and the lady told him i am not gonna sell him tickets because he's gonna sell them on ebay. and my friend told me that but i didnt believe him. i mean cmon who would say a thing like that? and i wasnt even gonna do that aghhhh ok then while talking to the other guy he told me had tickets too but not for floor. and he wanted that. so we all wanted floor. we are clear on that.
    ok now before all this happened i talked with 2 other female friends who are going with us to try and do the same (purchase floor tickets) but at another ticketmaster. (one that was closer to their homes) and they did just that. ok so thennnn 12pm hits and my friend asks for 1 ticket. floor. to which the lady replied. there's no floor.
    like that. and i inmediately went no way.
    since pf said there would be well i knew there were. there was nooo way they would sell out that fucking fast i mean 12 fucking pm!!! o clock!!!
    and i was like dude don't buy em. but he did anyway. then i didnt get any becuase well there was no reason. the other guy got four i think and that's it. we were speechless. my other friend called me up 5 minutes later and she said she got 2 tickets. FLOOR OK? and we were like fuckkkkkinnngngnngngngngngdamned lady!
    seriously we are gonna fuck her. hard.
    and then i told her to go back and try and get 1 more. and she said ok. and 5 minutes later she calls back and tells us they're sold out.
    //and that's it.
    is there a way to get in with a floge ticket. . to the floor? like an under the radar kind of thing? if you know one please pm me.
    i can only imagine that person's thoughts when she saw the computer screen with floor available and telling us they werent there. i mean what kind of person would do that? after waiting an hour? that's just plain. . wrong

Can you make a Haiku version of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

best longest rant ever
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by airguitarvet View Post
    best longest rant ever
    Wow, yes indeed, and what the hell that lady is on crack. And why are you lisetening to somebody else tell you what tix to buy? You have every right to ask them to keep trying for you. If nothing comes up then the next customer can try for tickets if you dont want what came up. Another thing, never tell anyone you already got tickets beforehand for something you are buying.

why would you ever go to an outlet over buying tickets online??? i havnt bought tickets from a ticketmaster outlet in like 4 years! The dumb motherfuckers behind the desk have fucked me 200 billion times on tickets, so i just do ye olde refresh trick on ticketmaster.com, works almost everytime, and i can eat doritos and masterbate while you wait in the cold for tickets while the 20 people in front of you are trying to buy good charlotte tickets................

EDIT: ill make this rant more "of the times". They are waiting to buy fall out boy tickets!
    Last edited by JonnyM; 03-24-2007 at 05:43 PM.
    DAFT PUNK SUCKS

"........and i can eat doritos and masterbate on my computer while you wait in the cold for tickets while the 20 people in front of you are trying to buy good charlotte tickets................"

Just checked - LA venue is sold out of floor & loge tix, just 3rd level left. Seattle & Denver still have GA tix.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Just checked - LA venue is sold out of floor & loge tix, just 3rd level left. Seattle & Denver still have GA tix.
    Seattle and Denver are all GA tix.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyM View Post
    why would you ever go to an outlet over buying tickets online??? i havnt bought tickets from a ticketmaster outlet in like 4 years! The dumb motherfuckers behind the desk have fucked me 200 billion times on tickets, so i just do ye olde refresh trick on ticketmaster.com, works almost everytime, and i can eat doritos and masterbate while you wait in the cold for tickets while the 20 people in front of you are trying to buy good charlotte tickets................

EDIT: ill make this rant more "of the times". They are waiting to buy fall out boy tickets!

BECAUSE ITS BETTER TICKETS AND YOU CAN SAVE MONEY. You are the reason I can go to any ticketmaster outlet on a saturday morning full of major onsales and find NOBODY waiting around an outlet to get tickets. Its a lost art form and its a shame its going away because everyone relies on a computer. Then what do I hear when this stuff happens and things sell out in 2 minutes? Oh the site crashed, oh my comp froze, oh I got an error when buying. F**k thoses errors, the ticketmaster system has just been updated actually at all outlets so its easier to do stuff. Although the old "Ticketron" system(yeah I am dating myself, props to whoever remembers that) was faster than the windows based system now but still very efficient. Outlets > Online. I only use online for presales if I know its going to sell out fast.

Banned

The LA show is sold out for floor and loge GA, only concourse left. tickets are already being sold on ebay.

well, i cant say because i havnt been to a ticketmaster outlet in a while, but i have found it WAYY easier to get the tickets i need from my computer at home. Ive never had any errors or crazy shit happen, and i do buy most of my tickets at presale, whether it be AFI (Back in the day, im talkin 5-6 years ago) or Daft Punk today, i find that buyin tickets from the confort of my house is worth the extra 3.90 in charges, and i probably save atleast that much in gas not having to drive around. Plus i never have to deal with anyone, no people waiting inline in front of me at 10 am, not having to deal with having to get there at 6AM to make sure you are first inline.........
    DAFT PUNK SUCKS

"........and i can eat doritos and masterbate on my computer while you wait in the cold for tickets while the 20 people in front of you are trying to buy good charlotte tickets................"

Quote Originally Posted by Monko View Post
    The LA show is sold out for floor and loge GA, only concourse left. tickets are already being sold on ebay.
    Jesus. This thing is totally going to sell out. Would not be surprised to see a second show.

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    when do you guys think the second level will sell out?

Whoever get closest wins!!!

I say on Monday at 2:00.
    I guess you lose? Maybe that guess will be good for when 3rd level will sell out....

best thread ever

I used to work at Tower Records, and of course we were also a Ticketmaster outlet. I will say, that the TM Outlet systems run WAY faster than your standard dsl/cable connection. The IP address is recognized by TM's servers, allowing for the outlets to get somewhat of an edge over peeps at home.

It only sucks if you have to wait behind some dumb fuck who wastes time, not having their credit/cash ready, being indeceisive, etc...

I always try to go to the actual venue box office and buy tix there (ala fuck you service charges). But sadly, hardly any venue's box office are open during on sales, only day of the show.

<3 Hollywood Bowl
    Last edited by Daft Fro; 03-24-2007 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyM View Post
    Plus i never have to deal with anyone, no people waiting inline in front of me at 10 am, not having to deal with having to get there at 6AM to make sure you are first inline.........
    I go to an outlet and nobody is ever there. I left my house at 9:30 this morning and went to the closest outlet just to see and a couple of people were in line probably to get modest mouse or manu chao tickets. I then went to the outlet I go to now and there was nobody there. I walked in 5 mins early and had them pull up the Bjork onsale. At about 9:59 it came up and I got my ticket and left. My one gripe now is that if I want to get a ticket for a show that goes on sale sunday, Macys opens at 11am which defeats the purpose of 10 onsales, so to Macys "f**k you for opening at 11 on sundays"

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Fro View Post
    I used to work at Tower Records, and of course we were also a Ticketmaster outlet. I will say, that the TM Outlet systems run WAY faster than your standard dsl/cable connection. The IP address is recognized by TM's servers, allowing for the outlets to get somewhat of an edge over peeps at home.

It only sucks if you have to wait behind some dumb fuck who wastes time, not having their credit/cash ready, being indeceisive, etc...

I always try to go to the actual venue box office and buy tix there (ala fuck you service charges). But sadly, hardly any venue's box office are open during on sales, only day of the show.

<3 Hollywood Bowl

The Greek does, but only in the spring like when the summer schedule finally gets released do they keep consistent hours.

I predict that the L.A. shows sells out within the week and another show gets added a few days later and no presale gets done.

supposedly the LA gig is gonna be the live Daft Punk dvd. and also this new 2007 tour is gonna be a LONGER set, with songs that weren't used in the 2006, but will also contain the 2006 in its entirety.

I used to run the TicketMaster at the Tower Records in Brea a few years back. It always amazed me at how inefficient some people could be when they were operating the system. It was incredibly easy and extremely fast (better then online I assure you) when done correctly. For sales like this we would hold all the people in line and just print out 8 tickets over and over and then sell them afterwards. Of course, the average Ticketmaster (god forbid a JC Penny) employee seems incapable of efficiency and I have swore of retail outlets forever. My hope in humanity is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by pinguinotonto View Post
    supposedly the LA gig is gonna be the live Daft Punk dvd. and also this new 2007 tour is gonna be a LONGER set, with songs that weren't used in the 2006, but will also contain the 2006 in its entirety.
    I think its a given the set would be longer, hmmm live DVD huh? Maybe they do 2 nights then and film both and pick one.

HOLY FUCK, guys.

If I hadn't read this thread, I would have been FUCKED.

I didn't know that there were different types of "General Admission." WHAT THE FUCK. Now I might be able to do something about it before it's too late.

Here's the story:

Today, I went to an FYE's Ticketmaster as soon as the tickets went on sale (noon). The guy simply told me it was "general admission," so I said "please give me one" and I bought it.

I just took my ticket out of my wallet after reading al this and it says "LOGE."
    THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING TO ME.

Shit...

Is there any way I can get to the floor with this ticket?

Please tell me!

Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by davidnzs View Post
    HOLY FUCK, guys.

If I hadn't read this thread, I would have been FUCKED.

I didn't know that there were different types of "General Admission." WHAT THE FUCK. Now I might be able to do something about it before it's too late.

Here's the story:

Today, I went to an FYE's Ticketmaster as soon as the tickets went on sale (noon). The guy simply told me it was "general admission," so I said "please give me one" and I bought it.

I just took my ticket out of my wallet after reading al this and it says "LOGE."
    THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING TO ME.

Shit...

Please tell me!

Thanks so much!

NOPE

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    NOPE
    Hahaha ouch! That was harsh.

They're filming the entire tour.

It's not as though the DVD is going to be entitled "Daft Punk at the Los Angeles Sports Arena".
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

Quote Originally Posted by fober View Post
    They're filming the entire tour.

It's not as though the DVD is going to be entitled "Daft Punk at the Los Angeles Sports Arena".
    Sweet, I would expect a better title if it was going to be the L.A. show that was chosen to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Hahaha ouch! That was harsh.
    The truth hurts am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by davidnzs View Post

Yea, you use your 2nd level ticket +

= Floor

So, it says doors open at 8pm and show starts at 9pm. After the opening acts, what time will Daft Punk actually start and how long will they play?

Yesterday Thomas Bangalter said that the Date they were going to film for the DVD was the L.A. Date. And Guy-Man said that there would be no DVD. These guys will always be mysterious.

O and today is the 10th anniversary of HOmework, so for all you actual fans of Daft Punk, people who didn't just discover them at Coachella last year, listen to it a bunch of times today..that's what i'm doing.
    Last edited by pinguinotonto; 03-25-2007 at 07:22 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pinguinotonto View Post
    Yesterday Thomas Bangalter said that the Date they were going to film for the DVD was the L.A. Date. And Guy-Man said that there would be no DVD. These guys will always be mysterious.
    Source?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    So, it says doors open at 8pm and show starts at 9pm. After the opening acts, what time will Daft Punk actually start and how long will they play?
    probably late, after Kavinsky and Sabastian.

best show ever

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

these dvd and longer set rumors are still just rumors...

Does anyone know anything about Toronto yet?