Page 1 of 21 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sea of Dreams 2011

Default Sea of Dreams 2011

Been to this the last two years, always a good time. Plane tickets are booked already but there is no lineup yet. Anyone heard anything? Beats Antique is playing (confirmed via Facebook) but that is all I have heard so far. Figured there would be some info out there already. I know Bassnectar played the last two years but he will be in Atlanta this year. Depending on the lineup I might try and see what other shows are going on for New Year's Eve.

Default Re: Sea of Dreams 2011

I remember reading about the line up or it being released right after Saturday of Treasure Island last year, so I'm hoping for something soon. Still kicking myself for not going to this last year.

4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

Wouldn't rather spend New Year's Eve anywhere else.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

aaronbk

On sunday at earthdance I stumbled upon flier for sea of dreams 2011. Balkin beatbox. Modeselektor and beats antique. Plus " mega headliners to be announced" super stoked went last year it was a blast for sure going this year

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

One of the megaheadliners megaheadlined a couple years ago.

and btw bassnectar is going to be on the east coast for NYE

I think I'm going to make the trip for this. Went a couple years ago and had a lot of fun. Is this mega headliner thievery?

thievery corp?

aaronbk

Is thievery really a "mega headliner" this year around?

dear god, i beg you please no thievery
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

aaronbk

Didn't they headline two past years? I don't see a "mega" headliner being someone that has headlined for SOD already

I don't think they would considering they have a show in the bay in November

I already said MDSLKTR & I'm sold. Beats Antique is a big bonus.
    Last edited by Devin the Dude; 10-12-2010 at 03:36 PM.
    LOL! <33
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

There's going to be more than Thievery.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

eh.

I want Tipper.. tipperrrrrrrrr

Despite the fact that I didn't enjoy most of the acts (so so heavy on the dubstep last year, I expect it to be similar this year) I heard at SOD 2010, I had a really good time and felt that I got my $$ worth considering the great sound and production value. More acts that I like (def love Modeselektor, and have been wanting to catch Beats Antique even though they are everywhere it seems) would easily get me there again. I enjoy Thievery, but have seen em lots. Wouldn't mind if they were there and I would check em out again, but glad some folks in the know say there is going to be more. I hope it doesn't get much more packed. Last year seemed perfect in regards to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Hmmm. The string cheese incendent? Bleh. STS9 also "headlined" 03 and 04. Better, but still.

SOD 2006: w/ The String Cheese Incident, Dresden Dolls,Yard Dogs Road Show ,
    Ganga Giri, Lorin, Lawgiverz , Jenö , Random Rab, Vau De Vire Society,
    El Circo, Kid Beyond & More.

SOD 2007: w/ The String Cheese Incident, Zap Mama, ALO, Circus Contraption, Mark Farina, Tipper, Bassnectar, Pnuma Trio, Cirqualrious!, Cotton Candy Cabaret, Zoopy Show, Goddess Alchemy Project, Pele's Tears, Celestine Star & More.

SOD 2008: The Eighth Annual SEA OF DREAMS NYE 2008 METAMORPHOSEAS - A Costumed Art & Music Spectacle! Featuring The Talents Of: - THE BRAZILIAN GIRLS - KINKY - ADAM FREELAND - THE VAU DE VIRE SOCIETY - MADD VIBE ORCHESTRA w/ ANGELO MOORE (Fishbone) - BASSBIN TWINS - SYD GRIS - SMOOVE - RANDOM RAB - TANGO LA MELODIA - PLEASUREMAKER - BOHEMIAN CARNIVAL - GOOFERMAN - LOOP!STATION - ZOOPY SHOW - HUBBA HUBBA REVUE - FOU FOU HA! - VIMA BURLESQUE - DUTCH - EPROM - AUDIOVOID - DELACHAUX - STAR 69 - DEX STAKKER - LOYD FAMILY PLAYERS - DAMAGE CONTROL DANCE TROUPE - LUMENS & FRIENDS

SOD 2009: w/ Thievery Corporation [Live Full Orchestra Set], Bassnectar, The Mutaytor [Live 20 -piece indie -techno-circus], BLVD [Live], Motion Potion, Maneesh The Twister, Little John, DJ Malarkey and much more!
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

thinking about them bringing thievery back again so soon leaves me dumbfounded. and not terribly confident in the other "international headliner" that was mentioned on the posters at decompression on sunday. the lower tier acts they had on the poster didn't exactly draw my attention either.

an-ten-nae throws great parties, I tend to enjoy the music at these events whether I know the acts ahead of time or not, and I'm sure it would be a blast regardless. I just... feel like I could ask for more.

still, wait for the full announcement. the posters said the headliners would be announced in november.

an event page: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/937707709

aaaand the source code reveals the same info that was on the posters sunday:

OCTOBER 14: anonEvents, Sunset Promotions, and An-ten-nae Presents have joined forces for the 11th edition of the Bay Area&amp;#39;s premier New Years Eve spectacle, Sea of Dreams NYE. The initial musical lineup is the stuff of NYE legend, featuring a who&amp;#39;s who of the hottest progressive, international live, electronic and performing arts acts. New York City ethno-hip hop trailblazers BALKAN BEAT BOX, Berlin techno innovators MODESELEKTOR, and Bay Area gypsy electronic heroes BEATS ANTIQUE are among the initial lineup. The world-reknowned circus/cabaret/performance art troupe LUCENT DOSSIER EXPERIENCE will make its first-ever San Francisco appearance, doing a complete extended stage show as well as several smaller performances. LOWRIDERZ (feat. AnTennae &amp;amp; Laura), and DGIIN have also been announced for the main stages.
    OPULENT TEMPLE &amp;amp; OPEL PRODUCTIONS rejoin the Sea of Dreamteam, producing a stage of the hottest electronic dance music, including legendary UK acts ELITE FORCE &amp;amp; MEAT KATIE, as well as local heroes SYD GRIS, MOTION POTION, DEX STAKKER and DREW DROP. The HOOKAHDOME will be back and much bigger this year hosting the world beat sounds of UK superstar GAUDI, Austin Texas&amp;#39; GOVINDA, New York&amp;#39;s JORO BORO and the Bay Area&amp;#39;s own FERAL. Many more musical, and performance acts are yet to be announced.
    anonEvents will again transform the Concourse Center into a multi-stage, multi-environment undersea fantasyland, complete with multiple sound-systems, cabaret performers, circus performers, aerialists, contortionists, balloon drops, confetti cannons and over 50 massive pieces of inflatable art. After the overwhelming success of Sea of Dreams 2009-2010, the event will be prepared for an even bigger audience with enhanced staffing, VIP hosts, and expert ticketing and box office support provided by Eventbrite and Metrowize. 2010 entry lines were nearly nonexistent due to the expertise of the new team, which will be back intact for a repeat performance.
    A limited number of early-bird discount tickets go on sale on Monday, October 18 at www.seaofdreamsnye.com. When these tickets run out, the price will go up. The prices will go up again in November when additional lineup elements are announced.
    In-Store hard tickets will be available at a later date TBD.
    Last edited by shakermaker113; 10-12-2010 at 10:37 PM.

hookahdome's gonna be goooood.

umm so far that lineup is pretty whatever. theres probably gunna be something better going on NYE
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Definitely going to buy my ticket as soon as it goes on sale.
    LOL! <33

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    One of the megaheadliners megaheadlined a couple years ago.

and btw bassnectar is going to be on the east coast for NYE
    Mega mega white thing

God if you're right that totally changes everything boi. <3 Gonsh.
    LOL! <33

...so both headliners would be acts that had played SF within the two months leading up to the event?

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    ...so both headliners would be acts that had played SF within the two months leading up to the event?
    just one

old school

Adam Freeland

How much do tickets for this run?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    just one
    that's good to hear. eager to find out the other, but I guess we'll have to wait a few weeks.

I've somehow managed to miss out on Thievery Corp umpteen times, so this is good news for me.

Also I feel like the only things coming close to competing with this last year were The Stanton Warriors at Mighty--maybe SF will have a better NYE selection this year. Whatever the case, I'll be here.

4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom