Thread: Meet the Tea Party Candidate Who Plays Nazi Dress Up on Weekends

Default Meet the Tea Party Candidate Who Plays Nazi Dress Up on Weekends

http://gawker.com/5659792/meet-the-t...zi-on-weekends

Ohio GOP nominee for Congress Rich Iott likes to dress up as a Nazi officer and run around with other weirdos in the woods on weekends. But don't worry, he has only a "purely historical interest in World War II."

Iott is running for Congress and hopes to represent Ohio's 9th District in Washington next year. He's a Tea Partier, and he also happens to be a WW2 re-enactor in a group called Wiking, which relives the battles fought by Germany's 5th SS Panzer Division Wiking. The Atlantic's Joshua Green caught up with Iott and asked him why he likes to dress up as a Waffen SS officer and play with other adult men in costumes:

I've always been fascinated by the fact that here was a relatively small country that from a strictly military point of view accomplished incredible things. I mean, they took over most of Europe and Russia, and it really took the combined effort of the free world to defeat them. From a purely historical military point of view, that's incredible."

Yeah, that's pretty incredible alright. Iott told The Atlantic that he initially joined Wiking "as a father-son bonding thing." And he even had a nom de guerre, Reinhard Pferdmann, to make his war criminal role playing even more authentic.

What do actual historians say about Wiking, and the SS unit they re-enact? Retired professor Charles W. Sydnor, Jr. told the magazine, "These guys don't know their history. They have a sanitized, romanticized view of what occurred." No kidding! He added, "If you were to put on an SS uniform in Germany today, you'd be arrested."

Default Re: Meet the Tea Party Candidate Who Plays Nazi Dress Up on Weekends

fucking idiot. fucking tea party. fucking republicans. fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by El.C.Dub View Post
    fucking idiot. fucking tea party. fucking republicans. fuck.
    Pretty much sums it up

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

The New York Times did a comparison article on the Beat Generation and the Tea Party recently. Here is a link to my blog, which has a link to the article, for the sole purpose of generating hits for my blog.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

hahahah. Fun times.

How about the president that plays muslim on the weekends?

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    How about the president that plays muslim on the weekends?
    Way to prove the poster's point.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Come on, Dale, you really think I mean that?

Well, I know you tend to lean right. Wasn't sure.

Good to know you weren't being serious.

Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Well this is just plain funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

It doesn't matter. People are incredibly stupid when they're angry that all of their most far-flung desires aren't being met by the so-called Messiah. Democrats are going to lose both the House and the Senate this fall and Obama's on the verge of becoming Jimmy Carter 2.0.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    It doesn't matter. People are incredibly stupid when they're angry that all of their most far-flung desires aren't being met by the so-called Messiah. Democrats are going to lose both the House and the Senate this fall and Obama's on the verge of becoming Jimmy Carter 2.0.
    So long as it doesn't mean that people are going to elect Sarah Palin, thinking that she's Ronald Reagan 2.0...
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

So why exactly are people upset by this?

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    So why exactly are people upset by this?
    Because it reminds me of the things they say and do that actually are upsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    So long as it doesn't mean that people are going to elect Sarah Palin, thinking that she's Ronald Reagan 2.0...
    They're not going to elect her thinking that, they're going to elect her thinking that that awful privileged and uneducated cunt is going to serve their (ignorant poor/not-as-rich-as-they-feel-they-deserve-to-be white people) interests.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Because it reminds me of the things they say and do that actually are upsetting.

I can respect that.
    Last edited by marooko; 10-10-2010 at 12:52 PM.

They're not going to elect her thinking that, they're going to elect her thinking that that awful privileged and uneducated cunt is going to serve their (ignorant poor/not-as-rich-as-they-feel-they-deserve-to-be white people) interests.
    When you white people talk about other white people as the devil, are you including yourself, excluding yourself, or just altogether not considering yourself in the equation?

Says the privileged white college student.