Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

Default Re: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

Best $18 I ever spent.

Default Re: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    I don't think that set list is accurate. They opened with A More Perfect Union, I'm not sure what "One" is. They did not play(I Am The) Electric Man.
    I'll take your word on "A More Perfect Union," and thanks, but I disagree about "Electric Man" unless I dreamt about it that night. Maybe they did it as part of a medley?

Nice meeting you that night, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

I'm so fucking pissed at myself for almost missing last night's show. Definitely one of the most amazing shows I've been to.
    IMAG0616.jpg

So One probably means A More Perfect Union?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

This is exactly what the Santa Ana setlist was. Amazing set.

Fear and Loathing in Mahwah, NJ
    My Eating Disorder
    My Time Outside the Womb
    Joset of Nazareth's Blues
    Richard II
    Ecce Homo
    Still Life with Hot Deuce on Silver Platter
    Titus Andronicus
    I Got a Date Tonight (New Song)
    In a Big City
    Upon Viewing Oregon's Landscape With the Flood of Detritus
    Tried to Quit Smoking
    No Future Part Three: Escape From No Future
    A More Perfect Union
    Titus Andronicus Forever
    The Battle of Hampton Roads

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    I'll take your word on "A More Perfect Union," and thanks, but I disagree about "Electric Man" unless I dreamt about it that night. Maybe they did it as part of a medley?

Good meeting you too!
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Had a lot of fun tonight! Short set though, only about 1 hr 10 minutes. Still very tight... the band really warmed up in the second half, blazing through tracks. So together! the exact opposite of Titus shows I saw 2 years ago. Loved it.

Ceremony was hilarious and insane as well. Crowd was going wild.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    This is exactly what the Santa Ana setlist was. Amazing set.

Fear and Loathing in Mahwah, NJ
    My Eating Disorder
    My Time Outside the Womb
    Joset of Nazareth's Blues
    Richard II
    Ecce Homo
    Still Life with Hot Deuce on Silver Platter
    Titus Andronicus
    I Got a Date Tonight (New Song)
    In a Big City
    Upon Viewing Oregon's Landscape With the Flood of Detritus
    Tried to Quit Smoking
    No Future Part Three: Escape From No Future
    A More Perfect Union
    Titus Andronicus Forever
    The Battle of Hampton Roads
    Was great to have "Fear and Loathing..." as the opener to the set

Sure was. Catch the crowd a little of guard after the frenetic Ceremeony set with a slower start than kick them in the gut with My Eating Disorder.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post

They didn't play "electric man" at the Crescent.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Had a lot of fun tonight! Short set though, only about 1 hr 10 minutes. Still very tight... the band really warmed up in the second half, blazing through tracks. So together! the exact opposite of Titus shows I saw 2 years ago. Loved it.

Ceremony was hilarious and insane as well. Crowd was going wild.
    Oh shit, i didn't realize you were there!

Titus were in fact amazing, but it was a very strange show. The crowd was super douchey and weird (and full of teenagers) and it was obvious the singer was not having a good time. 1/4 of the crowd left after Ceremony too, which left the place feeling pretty empty. The band was totally on point though! I was bummed they stopped playing 20 minutes before curfew after having heard about all these long sets though.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Patrick didn't seemed to like The El Rey crowd either and I don't blame him.Tons of drunk "kids" were there to mosh and there was this one douchbag that I hope sooo fucking bad to get hurt.This kid would climb up the front of the stage and sit on his knees infront of Patrick.Then would air drum.Now I would not really care if it was once but the fucker did it five times including after a band member talked to him.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

God fuck that guy at the El Rey, I wanted Patrick to kick him over so bad. Security pulled him down at least 3 times but never ejected him. I almost wish Ceremony hadn't been the opener to keep those stupid idiots out.

Pemberton (7/18-20) ~ FYF (8/22-23)

I dunno, Patrick seemed pretty smiley and amped most of the time. He had one of the most perfect concert moments I've ever experienced too: at the end of No Future Part III, where he screams "And that's okay" he slammed the last chord out, threw up a thumbs up and winked at the back of the crowd. It was such a hilarious and perfect move.

Interview with Titus...

Pitchfork: There is a line on the record where you say your "authentic self was aborted at age four." What does that mean?

PS: I say that because I started to go on drugs at age four. My parents gave me Ritalin. That made me wonder if I've ever been my authentic self, or if I've just been a series of chemical reactions influenced by substances I've consumed. And it's gone on from there, to taking antidepressants and drinking beers-- all these things.
    more here: http://pitchfork.com/features/interv...us-andronicus/

9/16 Seth Troxler @ Standard
    9/17 Ty Segall @ Webster
    9/18 Kode 9 @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Oh shit, i didn't realize you were there!

Titus were in fact amazing, but it was a very strange show. The crowd was super douchey and weird (and full of teenagers) and it was obvious the singer was not having a good time. 1/4 of the crowd left after Ceremony too, which left the place feeling pretty empty. The band was totally on point though! I was bummed they stopped playing 20 minutes before curfew after having heard about all these long sets though.
    Oh shit! I forgot to mention I think I saw you when we were walking in but then you disappeared lol.

The crowd was very young and rowdy... Ceremony definitely got them riled up. I really liked that venue though. Great sight lines since it wasn't packed

Yeah, the space was pretty cool, and the sound was surprisingly good.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

old school

I have yet to listen to Ceremony. Are they worthwhile to check out?

Yeah, Ceremony are great. Their first three albums are hardcore punk, and their newest, Zoo, is more of just a noisy rock record.
    last.fm

Listening today, I noticed just how wonderful the violin arrangements were on "In A Small Body" and "My Eating Disorder." Turns out Owen Pallett contributed all the string arrangements. What a classy bunch.

If a good show ever piques your interest down at the Constellation Room at the Observatory I would highly recommend going, great little intimate space to see a band. Like really tiny, no sight line issues at all. And a full bar inside so you don't have to mix with the hooligans seeing a show in the big room, which on the night of TA was Rusko and all his dub-bro fans and fanettes. Ugh, they were gross. They also don't make you wait in the line to get into the Observatory, just walk right up to the door for shows in the Constellation room. I walked up to the line with a couple other guys and we looked at each other like "this can't be the crowd for Titus". Luckily a security guard was nearby and told us to just walk up, thus us avoiding having to stand around in a line for 30+ minutes surrounded by shit.

The Observatory is great and kind be quite the deal too. I'll probably catch Ty Segall there.

Yeah, Ceremony are great. Their first three albums are hardcore punk, and their newest, Zoo, is more of just a noisy rock record.
    Band had great energy and their fans were really young, def. a high school crowd for them. Not digging, just funny to see and think back that I used to be those kids, throwing my body around without a care in the world. Now I am perfectly content to stand at the back. Was cracking up at the crowd surfing attempts without a full floor to catch and support the jumpers. One kid was doing the dick move of jumping and spinning off the stage, though, making shoe to face contact with way too many people. Wanted to grab him by the ear and lead him outside for a little etiquette talk from his elder.

Quote Originally Posted by knytt View Post
    The Observatory is great and kind be quite the deal too. I'll probably catch Ty Segall there.
    It's great to see it revamped, to have a good venue down here in OC 5 minutes from home. Saw tons of shows there back in the mid 90's when the so cal punk scene was exploding.

It's also the venue that, while working in artist management/concert promotion, I saw one of our clients at the time, Vanilla Ice...in his hardcore days. After the show we went upstairs to the dressing room where he handed my friend and I a couple of ice cold Corona's and proceeded to sit down at the piano in the room and play "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" by the Beatles for those of us in attendance. Memories were made that night, still have the Corona bottle.

old school

Okay, great. From the reviews of their audience I wasn't too keen. But I'll take your word that they are great. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    If a good show ever piques your interest down at the Constellation Room at the Observatory I would highly recommend going, great little intimate space to see a band. Like really tiny, no sight line issues at all. And a full bar inside so you don't have to mix with the hooligans seeing a show in the big room, which on the night of TA was Rusko and all his dub-bro fans and fanettes. Ugh, they were gross. They also don't make you wait in the line to get into the Observatory, just walk right up to the door for shows in the Constellation room. I walked up to the line with a couple other guys and we looked at each other like "this can't be the crowd for Titus". Luckily a security guard was nearby and told us to just walk up, thus us avoiding having to stand around in a line for 30+ minutes surrounded by shit.
    This! I loved the constellation room. I cannot wait to go back. I may make the drive down for Paul Banks.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    One kid was doing the dick move of jumping and spinning off the stage, though, making shoe to face contact with way too many people. Wanted to grab him by the ear and lead him outside for a little etiquette talk from his elder.
    Why do they ever think this is a good idea? I still throw myself around quite a bit at shows, but if you're the kind to do that then you've definitely been kicked in the face by idiot stage divers and know how much it sucks. I don't get how people still kick like that all the time when pretty much everyone knows it's the wrong way to go about stage diving.

Saw them for the first time at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz last weekend. Man they put on a great show! The crowd was mostly filled with hardcore kids who filed out after Ceremony was done playing, but everyone who stayed was having a blast. Unfortunately, they didn't start playing until 11:45 so it was a rather short show with no The Battle of Hampton Roads. Still, everything from the new stuff to the old stuff sounded great. Hope they make it out to Coachella next year!

The live show has definitely raised my appreciation for the new album quite a bit.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I just picked up a ticket to see them at Metro in Chicago Sunday November 25. I didn't even realize they were playing there and i've had this Chicago trip planned for a while now.