Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    Last night they played for almost 2 hrs.
    I can confirm their Phoenix gig which was Monday night after Coachella 2011 was around 90 minutes too. When they headline small club shows they play long and hard heh. No joke though they fucking work on that stage. I'm looking forward to another long, tiring and sweaty set on Saturday night.

Nice meeting you last night btw.

Default Re: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

Definitely hoping for like a 2 hour set. They got a pretty good amount of songs in in only about 50-55 minutes Saturday though, more than I figured considering how long some are. Got most of what I wanted to hear in (for that long of a set).

Really hoping they come to Houston next year, been waiting way too long.

If anyone wants a cheap pair of tickets for tomorrow at the El Rey, I need to sell mine. The face on each ticket + fees is 27, but I will sell the pair for 40 or best offer. I can email you the electronic tickets. pm me if you are interested

Not sure if it belongs here but I'm really excited for Amy Klein's Hilly Eye album announcement. Hanging with her while watching DFA1979 was seriously one of my best Coachella 2011 memories.

I'll be there tonight with my roomie in either a shirt with a couch on it or a green uclaradio shirt. Say hi!

Four Tet (3/6) ~ St Vincent (3/20) ~ Stephen Malkmus/Speedy Ortiz (3/28) ~ Factory Floor (4/15) ~ Sasquatch (7/4-6)

Zack and I are gonna head over in time for Ceremony I think. I've got a grenade shirt with Obama on and a Coachella track jacket.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Ugh Titus doesn't til 10:45 .This is going kill me .

Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.

Well they were incredible. Such a huge step up from every other time I've seen them. This band's the real deal.

Everything was absolutely spot on. I feel like this tour will be something kids will be jealous about 20-30 years down the road. The setlist flowed really well and the "Do You Love Me" cover seriously made my night. Nice meeting Bryan, Zach and Kyle (sorry I called you Todd) and the man Stickles himself.

EDIT: What was up with all the recording people?

Four Tet (3/6) ~ St Vincent (3/20) ~ Stephen Malkmus/Speedy Ortiz (3/28) ~ Factory Floor (4/15) ~ Sasquatch (7/4-6)

Ah i though you said your board named was nick.

Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by knytt View Post
    Everything was absolutely spot on. I feel like this tour will be something kids will be jealous about 20-30 years down the road. The setlist flowed really well and the "Do You Love Me" cover seriously made my night. Nice meeting Bryan, Zach and Kyle (sorry I called you Todd) and the man Stickles himself.

EDIT: What was up with all the recording people?
    There was a sign out that said they were filming for Last Call with Carson Daly. I can't imagine why though.

You are correct, sounds like this be a welcome treat. Via Filter:

On November 8, these two bands will play the El Rey Theatre, and guess who else will be in the audience? Last Call With Carson Daly, filming the set in its entirety. Looks like you'll be able to watch this live show, again, on TV this winter! Because there's no better way to stay warm than rocking out in the comfort of your own home.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    There was a sign out that said they were filming for Last Call with Carson Daly. I can't imagine why though.
    What do you mean? He has good bands on all the time.
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall
    5/06 - Rodrigo y Gabriela - Orpheum (?)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    What do you mean? He has good bands on all the time.
    I saw his crew filming during Desaparecidos set at Troubadour in August. Jealous you get to see Gary Clark Jr there! He played for 2 hrs at Bowery Ballroom show so you're in for a real treat!

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

I don't watch his show, but I'm used to late night people having their musical performances done at their show. I've never witnessed a late night host having a pre-filmed concert from a band headlining a venue. Cool idea though and I'll definitely watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    I saw his crew filming during Desaparecidos set at Troubadour in August. Jealous you get to see Gary Clark Jr there! He played for 2 hrs at Bowery Ballroom show so you're in for a real treat!
    Some peeps called the Gary Clark Jr show at the Bridge a highlight of the two day event. Yea pretty good.....cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

I don't watch his show, but I'm used to late night people having their musical performances done at their show. I've never witnessed a late night host having a pre-filmed concert from a band headlining a venue. Cool idea though and I'll definitely watch it.
    Yeah, he's been doing that format for a few years now. It's much more inspired than watching an in-house performance.

I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    I can't wait!

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Yeah, he's been doing that format for a few years now. It's much more inspired than watching an in-house performance.
    This is going to be a hell of a performance to watch too. The main cameraman was right at the back of the pit and he filmed nearly the whole show. A few times people crashed into him and his camera.

Looks like I should be good choosing Titus over Afghan Whigs tonight. The difference in drive times is also a major bonus.

Titus tonight! What a hell of a triple bill its going to be. Saw tons of METZ shirts at Japandroids last night! Going solo tonight if anyone wants to hang out PM me!

Lol, they are playing in the small room while Rusko is playing the observatory proper. Hilarious.

Amazing show tonight, bit of a weird crowd. Talked to one of the guys afterwards, asked about Coachella considering it has been a couple years and they are so much greater now, he wasn't sure. I will be getting in touch with my friend who runs the fest, demanding he get the band back to Indio immediately, night time slot in the Gobi or Mojave for sure.

So last night we got at least 7 of the songs from the Monitor. I can guarantee they didn't play Theme from Cheers and A Pot in Which to Piss, and I don't recall hearing ...And Ever. The last three times I heard any of these songs they were sloppily played, with tons of heart but nowhere near the force and precision they deserved. Last night they sounded like the incredible songs they truly are. Same with tracks like Titus Andronicus and Upon Viewing Brueghel's.... Possibly the best rock show of the year, and I really hope they record one of these sets.

Definitely in the top 3 for me. Havent gotten too heavily into them until the last several weeks, so not sure about setlist, show ran right at 90 minutes, if that is any indication. The tightness of their playing was amazing, don't really recall any egregious stray notes or extra/missing beats. Their ability/talent far surpasses the size of the rooms they are playing. They are a band on the cusp and I think an amazing show at Coachella will truly elevate them, a la Arcade Fire on the Outdoor many moons ago. Seeing them now, I can't imagine how much better they will be with another few months of touring the new album.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 11-10-2012 at 12:33 AM.

I can't help thinking back to Tom saying that he was too high on the show still, but that the Clash and the Who came to mind. I think that's entirely apt. They are operating on a whole 'nother level right now.

Mentioned what Tom said to the guy I was speaking with. Not sure he knew how to react, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    I will be getting in touch with my friend who runs the fest, demanding he get the band back to Indio immediately, night time slot in the Gobi or Mojave for sure.
    I will buy you like 16 beers if you can make this happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Just sent him a text espousing their virtues without one bit of hyperbole.

I was pretty confident they'd be there anyway, so I don't think you'll have to do too strong of a sell, Steve. But by all means, if Tom wants to buy you 16 beers, have at it.

So yeah, their show on Tuesday night was fantastic and even as their set roared past midnight and I knew I was going to hate life when I woke up in 6 hours, I couldn't pull myself away. Patrick Stickles reminded me alternately of menik and an autistic Rivers Cuomo. He was really funny in the minimal between-song banter. As much as I've liked them since The Monitor, I didn't realize how incredible a guitarist he is, and he made it look so effortless. The crowd was really energetic; I was right next to the barricade for the under-21 contingent, which only sucked because a member of security was standing next to me the entire show trying to keep the barricade from pushing too far into the over-21 side, they were dancing and moshing so hard.

I'm trying to figure out the set list and this is what's posted on the Phoenix New Times blog:

I can't identify what that song "One" might be. I also recall them playing "(I Am The) Electric Man" but don't see it included. Not a big deal, just my OCD wanting to complete this accurately.

Faxman or Gribbz, if you can fill in the blanks, that'd be great.
    I like the Coachella package they sent out this year. we now all have a snail.....cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    In 12 more years, that snail will be nice and ready for you to fuck it.