Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Titus Andronicus tonight was the best rock set I have seen in years. In years. They are like 10x better live now than they were at Coachella. 'Tight' doesn't even begin to describe it. Explosive is better but still doesn't feel right.

I need to think on this some more before I say something about the Who or the Clash or something. But that's where my mind is.
    That's great to hear. I think I read somewhere about the band practicing these songs a zillion times because that's basically how they recorded them. They just kept doing takes of the song until it was right. I'm excited for the show tomorrow and glad it was so kick ass, Tom!

Default Re: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

I got friday off so i can drink and relax for thursday .I cannot wait.Also I feel like there isnt a whole lot of females that are fans of these guys
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14
    The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore 11/20/14
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/14

Last.fm

Finally secured my tix for the SD show. Cant wait!
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

I agree with Tom. Their set was a highlight of the fest for me. Def a top five of the weekend and I knew nothing about them before the show. Other than this thread I had never heard of them. I decided to catch their set so I could get a good spot in the tiny tent for ...Trail of Dead. I am sooo glad I did. These guys brought it. Such a tight band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

Wow. I've seen them 4 times and I've loved every set, but tight has never been a word I've even remotely associated with Titus before.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

The election should make tomorrow night's show interesting. I'm going to rage, bros.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    Thee Oh Sees - 11/11 - Hotel Vegas
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I got friday off so i can drink and relax for thursday .I cannot wait.Also I feel like there isnt a whole lot of females that are fans of these guys
    I was surrounded by women, and not because of may handsome looks or boyish charm. I was 5 feet from the stage, toward the side.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Wow. I've seen them 4 times and I've loved every set, but tight has never been a word I've even remotely associated with Titus before.
    Yes it definitely surprised me too.

also I should mention that Adam Reich was wearing the exact same tan Gram Parsons shirt I wore the day before. I bet his is even an XL like mine.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Tom, seriously, put that purse down and come to the show tomorrow. I'll shield you from the ruffians.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    The election should make tomorrow night's show interesting. I'm going to rage, bros.
    Surge?
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Tom, seriously, put that purse down and come to the show tomorrow. I'll shield you from the ruffians.
    I would but man I have a shitload of work this week.

edit: plus now I have the flu. ugh.
    Last edited by TomAz; 11-06-2012 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Setlist? More info about this? Tom, you can't just give us scraps and expect us to be sated. I need more!
    I didn't keep track. They opened with Ecce Homo and Hot Deuce, and closed with A More Perfect Union and Titus Andronicus Forever. Then they went into the second half of Four Score but got cut off cuz they wereway overtime so they stopped playing in the middle but the crowd kept singing it for him.

Titus Andronicus tonight was the best rock set I have seen in years. In years. They are like 10x better live now than they were at Coachella. 'Tight' doesn't even begin to describe it. Explosive is better but still doesn't feel right.

I need to think on this some more before I say something about the Who or the Clash or something. But that's where my mind is.
    This makes me so happy...I haven't been this stoked for a show in a while. They (and Ceremony) are playing my college on Wednesday, which should make for a weird experience since it's a student-only show, and I know not many kids here are not familiar with either band. I bet there will be less than 80 kids, plus its outside so it'll feel smaller.

I was surrounded by women, and not because of may handsome looks or boyish charm. I was 5 feet from the stage, toward the side.
    The women were given props at the Phoenix show last night for representing in the mosh pit. Lots of teen girls seem to love this band. Tom, your description of the show was perfect. Blown. Away. To a crowd of 150 people and it was damn near two hours of great rock. I want to travel and see them even more now. God damn that was really fantastic and they sounded like a different band with that new found tightness. The tracks from the Monitor are definitely the strongest but that shouldn't take away from how great this new album and how those songs sound live. Just a great rock show. They started around 10:50 and played to around 12:35.

For those about to see them, get excited!

It was great drinking with all my friends while watching the election and then celebrating after with Titus. Killer set.

I'm all in. I'm going to the San Diego show on Saturday night. Can't wait to see more of that!

Last night, No Future Part Three: Escape From No Future was the best song I have ever seen performed live. One of my top concert moments of all time.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I'm all in. I'm going to the San Diego show on Saturday night. Can't wait to see more of that!
    I'll be there too Mark!
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Alright then! You going to the Whigs show on Friday night too? I'll be there as well!

yup! I'll be at Blue Palms for a couple hours before for food and drinks too if you wanna hang!
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Roll Call! who is hitting up Santa Ana besides Bmack?

Ah, now I'm doing LA because I got free tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

So you aren;t going to the Observatory? bummer, I was looking forward to hanging out with some of you.

I was at the same show Tom was at and I can confirm, Titus was freaking awesome. I saw them back in March also and they sounded much better Saturday. I really really want to see a full set from them, both sets I've seen were 45-50 minutes. I want an epic 90 minute to 2 hour performance (I mostly just want to hear Battle of Hampton Roads).

but yeah they were my favorite set of Fun Fun Fun Fest, and I saw some very very damn good bands there. They had them in the small tent which made for an incredibly rowdy show, but made it all the more awesome. I was in the dead center and only one person back from the stage. Probably my second favorite performance I've seen this year really. Hopefully they come back around SXSW time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    Roll Call! who is hitting up Santa Ana besides Bmack?
    I'll be there!

How long, typically, are their headlining sets?

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    Last night, No Future Part Three: Escape From No Future was the best song I have ever seen performed live. One of my top concert moments of all time.
    Both times I've seen them this was probably my favorite song they played. I'm really glad they played "Titus Andronicus" from the first album too at Fx3. I saw a setlist from a show a few days beforehand where they didn't play it.

Last night they played for almost 2 hrs.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Unfortunately i doubt SD has that long of a set because the venue they're playing has an 11PM noise curfew. I'm excited nonetheless though!
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    yup! I'll be at Blue Palms for a couple hours before for food and drinks too if you wanna hang!
    I will try but i'm hanging with the people i'm staying with before and after the show. I'll definitely see if they are intersted tho. I thought I had your number but google contacts and phone syncing always loses them on occasion. Shoot it to me here or on FB again and i'll find you at both of these shows if not before too.

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    Last night they played for almost 2 hrs.
    I can confirm their Phoenix gig which was Monday night after Coachella 2011 was around 90 minutes too. When they headline small club shows they play long and hard heh. No joke though they fucking work on that stage. I'm looking forward to another long, tiring and sweaty set on Saturday night.

Nice meeting you last night btw.