Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

Default Re: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

We made it so she now wants to meet you, you ungrateful twat.

Default Re: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

Yeah, she wants to meet me so that she can tell me what a creep I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Poor Tom...the stalker boardies killed your only chance

Yes. All I said was "My friend Tom wants to bang you, and he hates your music. It's just your looks. Because he's a pervert." Jesus.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

I may have used the phrase "talentless eye-candy prop" a few times. Sorry, Tom.

Sort of last week's news, but I've really been enjoying this cover of "Breed" TA did for Spin's Nevermind tribute album. It's pretty straight forward but still enjoyable.

Amy has left the band. Which board member will Tom blame for this, I wonder?

http://amyandronicus.tumblr.com/post...iends-and-fans
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

That's pretty terrible news.

What a bummer

7/10 Cloud Nothings W/ Metz @ Constellation Room
    7/11 Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds @ The Shrine Auditorium
    7/19 X (Acoustic) @ Pappy & Harriet's
    8/23-8/24 FYF Fest
    9/11 Swans @ The Roxy

Titus Andronicus have fifteen former members. Fifteen. This includes two Matts, four Ians and both an Alex and an Alexi.

Titus will carry on and still be wonderful. And Amy Klein will be able to further develop the band she fronts. This is a win all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Yeah I'm with John.

edit: I considered making a Karl Wallinger/Waterboys comparison but I didn't. but then just for kicks I went to the Waterboys wiki page.. they have 45 people listed as former members. 45.
    Last edited by TomAz; 10-24-2011 at 09:35 AM.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

The funniest part is at the bottom of that wiki page where underneath "The Fall" it has links to band member names, it hyperlinks to "Mark E. Smith Other members".
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Is there any explanation for all the turnover? Amy's departure seems amicable enough but there has to be some reason this keeps happening.

A Message to Titus Andronicus’ Friends and Fans

I just got back from my last tour with the band Titus Andronicus. Yes, it’s true. As of today, I am no longer a member of the band.

No, there was no big fight or anything—no wild partying, drug, or alcohol addiction leading to me getting fired—no dramatic story—nothing like that. It is just time for me to move on.

I want to say an enormous thank you to every one of you for supporting me over the past two years, for cheering wildly at shows, for freaking the fuck out in insane circle pits, for singing along with every word, and for devoting yourself to this music and to this band with a passion that is downright inspiring. For me, the years I have spent in this band have been a time of transformation and self-discovery, and I know it is the power of music and the people who believe in it that have made me the person I am today.

I can’t even explain what it is like to go from believing you are a total loser to believing that you are an individual with a voice. I think sooner or later everyone learns how to believe in herself, but the thing is, not everyone is lucky enough to get to do this in front of an audience filled with people like you.

To all the kids who came to a Titus Andronicus show over the past two years, I would like to say, “You are what punk is for. Punk is in you. Now go and do whatever you want with it.” To every friend I met on the road, I would like to say, “Without you, I couldn’t have done any of this.” To the kind folks at XL, Beggars Group, Merok, Marcata Recording, 13 Artists, and Ground Control Touring—especially Sonya, Chris, Kris, Todd, Kevin, Nicole, and Chavez, I would like to say, “I appreciate all the work you’ve put into this band.”

And most of all, to the guys in Titus Andronicus—Patrick, Dave, Eric, Julian, and, yes, Ian, who put up with me for the past two years, and who are truly some of the most dedicated and hardest working musicians out there, I would like to say, “I wish you the best of success. You are the great American rock and roll band of our time.”

And to any girl out there who still believes that she will always be a loser, let me answer you with a quote from “No Future Part III:” “That’s okay.” I was one too. Trust me. You’re gonna be someone someday. It’s a crazy world we live in, one where even your biggest, loudest, wildest, rock’n’roll dreams can come true.

Titus Andronicus Forever,

Amy (no longer Andronicus)

P.S. I am not quitting music, just gonna be focusing on my own bands from now on.

http://amyandronicus.tumblr.com/

In honor of Tom, here are Titus Andronicus covers of Springsteen and Coldplay.

New single played at 2:37:00 ish of this long ass radio show that Stickles was on.

Wait this isn't about Shakespeare?!

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    I spent 4 years at fucking Rice University and we never ever had anyone as interesting as Titus Andronicus play. Mother fucker.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Then one day you have the worst day you've had in decades and "Battle of Hampton Roads" becomes a whole new national anthem that simulataneously shreds and fortifies your heart.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

New album announced.

Sounds like Stickles has been into Nietzsche recently. "Titus Andronicus VS. the Absurd Universe (3rd Round KO)" is already the best song title of any 2012 song.

so excited for this..

Somebody nudge me if it leaks

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Awesome. my girlfriend has been playing the previous album a lot lately and I've been remembering how much I love it.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Dude pronounces "deluge" as though it's glorching out from behind an entire pack of drippy Big League Chew. Deloo-dge. Deloodge. Gross.

You have a very active imagination, Hannah.

Local Business leaked.

Hurray! Great morning.