Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

Default Re: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Or the Battle of Hampton Roads. yes.
    Any song really. I would just love to see the band all standing there is union and confederate hats, with their drummer in a lincoln beard and hat. It would be the best moment ever.

Default Re: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

I'm down with the hat toss. Also, should we try to get together for a picture with our hats?
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

I'm borrowing my friends... Damn.

Yes. Titus-Andronicus-Civil-War-Coachella-Reenactment group picture is a must. Except I think there are like 6 of us? Lol even better...

wait. what? how do you know this?

and I agree, that is the wrong time and place for them. I was sure they'd be in the Gobi.
    Some one in the set times predictions thread e-mail their management a few days ago and recieved a reply today with exact time and stage.

I am not surprise by the time. I figured they would be a mid-afternoon act. But I thought for sure they would be in one of the tents.

Tents get stuffy if you ask me and our spiffy hats should help with shade.
    Tents also provide shade. The tents are also going to be bigger this year, which means less stuffyness.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Today is the 150th anniversary of the bombardment on Fort Sumter and the official start of the Civil War.

Titus Andronicus covers They Might Be Giants: http://www.avclub.com/articles/titus...-giants,53051/
    Last edited by Miroir Noir; 04-12-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    I'm down with the hat toss. Also, should we try to get together for a picture with our hats?
    Definitely.

And we should all toss our hats as the set draws on.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

We should also probably aim for NOT hitting anybody on stage in the face... That'd just be bad form.
    Upcoming Shows:

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

So, I'm leaving early tomorrow, where's the meet up, or should I just follow the trail of poorly fitting kepis?

By the way really annoying that the kepi doesn't fit. Anyone know how to custom stretch a hat?

TA tonight!
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

I asked that days ago, still no answer.

As for the meetup, if the Outdoor Theater sign is still there why not meet up there around 3:10?
    Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    I asked that days ago, still no answer.

As for the meetup, if the Outdoor Theater sign is still there why not meet up there around 3:10?
    Good plan. If there is no Outdoor Theater sign, in front of the soundboard that time. 3:10 It'll be easy to find someone with a hat.

I'm down with the soundboard/sign at 3:10. I have an uncle sam top hat and beard. Should I bring it for ragey?
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

I just realized that's the second time I offered rage a costumed item for this year's fest...creepy...and kinda gay.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

There was definitely a guy wearing the same confederate kepi as I was last night at Titus.

Show was great, electric violin kicks ass. Lauryn Hill and Dave Chappelle did a surprise show at the same venue later and the singer kept going on about it, it was pretty funny.

I guess I'm down with 3:10 but I am going to do anything I can to see some of Omar Rodriguez Lopez' set so I will probably leave and come back or something.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

old school

The webcast will be airing it at 8:00, but I'll be watching for you guys!

The band was interviewed for the Coachella webcast and they gave a really enjoyable interview. Look for it to be aired in between sets on the webcast.
    4/11 Chela / Classixx @ The Independent
    4/14 MSMR / Jagwar Ma @ The Fillmore
    4/18 Disclosure @ The Greek Theater
    4/18 Flight Facilities @ The Mezzanine
    5/13 Broods @ The Independent
    5/30 Goldroom @ The Independent
    6/07 Jungle @ The Independent
    7/02 EMA @ The Independent
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5

I got myself two tallys (cutter and psyco). Fucking rebel scum.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Tonight I will get a proper full set from these wonderful, miserable winners! Coachella was awesome times. I enjoyed rocking out to that set with ya Tom and awesome meeting all of the other participants before the show.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I don't exactly know what to say but the show I saw tonight at the Rhythm Room was about the most fun I have EVER had at a local show and I don't want that to sound like an overstatement. I don't know how after three days in the desert and returning exhausted I managed to sing, dance and mosh all god damn night but I did and it was everything I had ever hoped a Titus Andronicus show would be and that doesn't take away from their great Coachella performance but this was something different. I don't even think it was sold out but the energy from the crowd and the fans is nothing you see on a regular basis in Phoenix. Amy the violinist who seems to rarely speak but always smile came to the mic to say 'this was the most fun I have had during this entire tour' and she was damn near giddy when she said it. The band several times made mention to how much they adore playing Phoenix and how they love how punk rock the crowd in Phoenix always is. They embrace it and they must have played about 4 punk covers during their 90+ minute set. Singing, chanting, dancing, moshing and embracing strangers all night long as this celebration was one no one wanted to end but singer Eric Harm said they didn't really know any other songs at that point.

The Rhythm Room is probably my favorite venue in Phoenix, it's an intimate venue with some of the best sound in town. I need to sleep now as I have to get up in about 5 hours but this was a beautiful ending to a wonderful weekend of music.

Quote Originally Posted by JelloPuddingChat View Post
    I got myself two tallys (cutter and psyco). Fucking rebel scum.
    Nice meeting you man. I was expecting more debate about the role of states' rights in our federalist system of government and in free society in general, but it seemed like everyone there just wanted to listen to music or something.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Here's an interesting review of the festival by their guitarist, Amy Klein.

http://flavorwire.com/172776/ticket-...rs-perspective

Cause Tom needs visual memories of their set

One of my biggest conflicts of the weekend, luckily I have the belly up date.

short clip I snapped:

Let's go on a livin' spree!

Quote Originally Posted by thomas6937 View Post

This is the best thing I have read all week. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas6937 View Post

That Kings of Leon fence thing is weird. I shouldn't be surprised, but it's weird.

That just gave me an extreme case of PCD. Must read.

Titanic Douchebag is my new favorite band unused band name.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

so those of you who saw me at TA on Friday.. remember how I had that civil war cap that didn't fit? it was a child's size?

I got a "Leave Feedback" email from Amazon today. The item was clearly labeled "Adult Civil War Wool Union Cap".

The seller got ripped pretty bad by me.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

Ha!

I just got an email from Amy Klein. Suck on that bitchez.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz's very personal note from Amy Klein
    Greetings Thomas xxxxxxxx! Thanks very much for purchasing "I Know What You Want".

If you don't have your download already, please click the following link:

http://amyklein.bandcamp.com/...&type=album

Getting help: If you run into any trouble with your download, please click here. If you want to contact Amy Klein for any other reason, please click here.

Thanks again for your support,
    Amy Klein