Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

Default Re: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

so am I the only one who thinks Patrick is trying to sing like Mick Jones on this album? not that that's a bad thing. Not at all. no sireee.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

The new voice is not going over well with me. I have to give it some time but I thought he sounded like the lead singer of rancid. I don't like change. I'll probably come around. I've only heard the first three songs thus far and I wasn't happy.

This album kicks ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I'm on the 5th song. it's very good. I agree with Tom's Mick Jones reference. i definitely disagree with Mark, this sound absolutely nothing like Tim Armstrong. it's not even a "new voice." Vocally the sounds just like he did before, he's just dropping his register a bit and his phrasing is different. Also, i agree with others who said that this leak is probably not the final version. I'm hearing some distortion in places and some songs end abrupt, like they're slightly cut off.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Even if it Daft Punk were to come out who cares. Not like they're Bono or anything

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    This album kicks ass.
    Yes I'm pretty pleased with it, from what I have heard on crappy work computer speakers.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Titus Andronicus vs. The Absurd Universe (Round 3 KO) almost sounds like a Misfits song. I'm on my second listen right now and I'm really loving it. Very different than the Monitor, but in the best way possible.

Word of advice: Play it loud.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

so now that I am playing this at home on decent speakers, i gotta think this is probably isn't the final version.

There are a lot of pops and distortion.

For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

and very muted at the high and low ends.

I'm gonna wait til we have a real one. There's been too much new stuff out there recently as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

So I am interviewing Patrick Stickles tomorrow. Anyone have any questions for him?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Ask him about his thoughts on pharmaceutical companies.

Diarrhea Planet 2015

How much does he regret shaving his beard?

Ask If the writing process has changed at all without Amy in the band. Did they approach this record the same way they approached the monitor?

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    The new voice is not going over well with me. I have to give it some time but I thought he sounded like the lead singer of rancid. I don't like change. I'll probably come around. I've only heard the first three songs thus far and I wasn't happy.
    I retract this statement. I'm listenin got the NPR stream of the new album and it sounds much different to me. He sounds nothing like Tim Armstrong.

http://www.npr.org/2012/10/14/162720...local-business

I'll be in New York next week to visit colleges and Titus Andronicus happens to be having a record release show on Monday at Shea Stadium. I scored a pair of tickets ! Anyone have experience with this venue? (Spooks?)

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Never been there, but it seems like it's basically a big recording studio. Capacity is only 275. That's going to fucking awesome.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Even if it Daft Punk were to come out who cares. Not like they're Bono or anything

I'll be giving away a pair of tickets to the El Rey show through UCLA Radio starting tomorrow if anyone's interested. They'll most likely be super easy to win as we don't get much press for our giveaways and we get very few entrants. I'll post the info when I find it out.

Four Tet (3/6) ~ St Vincent (3/20) ~ Stephen Malkmus/Speedy Ortiz (3/28) ~ Factory Floor (4/15) ~ Sasquatch (7/4-6)

What time is your show?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Wednesdays 6-7 but I'll probably be giving them away through my show's FB page @ https://www.facebook.com/UCLAShowTalk

Four Tet (3/6) ~ St Vincent (3/20) ~ Stephen Malkmus/Speedy Ortiz (3/28) ~ Factory Floor (4/15) ~ Sasquatch (7/4-6)

Loving the new record. Can't wait for their show on the 6th.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

I am stoked to hear this new album. Titus Andronicus rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The Weeknd will probably play some secret show nobody knows about cause he is even more cryptic than I am.

So if anyone's interested in the free tickets, all you need to do is like the contest post on my UCLA Radio show page and I'll randomly be selecting a Like to win. So easy! The post is at: https://www.facebook.com/UCLAShowTal...22153714480779

Sorry for the thread-spam, I just really want to give these tickets away.

And I want those tickets because they fucking rock.
    Last edited by getbetter; 10-17-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by fudgumslover View Post
    I'll be in New York next week to visit colleges and Titus Andronicus happens to be having a record release show on Monday at Shea Stadium. I scored a pair of tickets ! Anyone have experience with this venue? (Spooks?)
    I will also be there. Let me know if you'd like to meet up!

Are you going to the show at the Crescent, Tom?
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

So i'm really loving this album after a few listens. My Eating Disorder, Ecce Homo, & Upon Viewing Oregon... are so great. Still can't get into the last two tracks at all though

Also, watch this if you haven't. Fucking amazing

Just picked up a ticket to see them on the 9th at the Observatory. So great to have a cool venue so close to home again.