Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Time @ Coachella

Default First Time @ Coachella

What's up? This is going to be the first year I'm going to Coachella, and I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips or anything that might help me out? e.g. Camping, the show, booze, stuff I should make sure I have. So if you have anything let me know. Thanks

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Default Re: First Time @ Coachella

look around johnny. its everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by trenken0103 View Post
    What's up? This is going to be the first year I'm going to Coachella, and I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips or anything that might help me out? e.g. Camping, the show, booze, stuff I should make sure I have. So if you have anything let me know. Thanks
    Basically, the folks that are on here very much are not usually too helpful. Not really sure why internet geeks like to be so flipping rude but probably because they would not dare to do so in person....! There are a couple of threads that are good for newbies. Trick Loves the Kids has one called "I will answer any question and be nice about it" and it had lots of good info. It can be found at http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37503. There is another thread with 25 tips for newbies that is basic but good at http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38303. Last year was my first Coachella. Pretty much we were allowed to bring in mostly anything except glass. We brought in alcohol just in plastic bottles. Camping is a couple of big fields. Where you camp depends on when you get there. If you want to camp next to someone specific you need to arrive at the same time. One vehicle per camp spot and the camp spots last year were 30'x10'. You have to have your vehicle inside that area too. Think of anything you would need in the heat, especially while consuming alcohol or drugs and you will probably be fine:-) Lots of water! It gets hot and the showers are closed from noon to 8PM when a shower would be most appreciated. There is a FAQ link and when it gets closer to actual Coachella date the boards will be full of lots of advice, lots of rudeness and lots of fun!
    See you at Coachella!

God, I read the first post and thought to myself, "Here we go, another geek feeding frenzy coming right up, poor guy..." Glad someone popped in to warn you ahead of time! In actuality, with 6+ months to go, just worry about saving for your ticket(s) and camp gear if necessary, and keep yours eyes here for sale dates. Last year had a new game plan and we can't be sure they'll use the same plan this early in the game. As for the geeks here and their friendly mannerisms? Pfft, don't take it to heart...they've been waiting since that asshole in 7th grade kicked sand in their backpack to act like this to any new kid at Coachella's School o Diversity...take it with a grain of salt...or, should I say, sand? lol

This was one of my favorite pieces of Trick's advice from that thread...lol

I've never really prepared in advance, I just force myself to feel all the pain in the week after Coachella. It's brutal. My post-Coachella ritual is usually taking bongrips and crying simultaneously
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Here's a tip: throw your trash in a trash can. I hate seeing the beautiful polo field littered with garbage. Oh and read the boards. LOADS of info. I don't think it's that the people here aren't helpful, it's just that every question has been answered countless times and can be found just by searching.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Mostly common sense stuff....if you are camping, you can have someone walk your booze in later after your car is searched, or just make sure everyone in your car is 21....no glass

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Here's a tip: throw your trash in a trash can. I hate seeing the beautiful polo field littered with garbage. Oh and read the boards. LOADS of info. I don't think it's that the people here aren't helpful, it's just that every question has been answered countless times and can be found just by searching.
    OMG, MooMoo, Mattpach, and I were the last few on the campgrounds after the rest left and it was pretty messy...More so than the years before, I think. May of had something to do with having our vehicles there...We could haul in more stuff as opposed to carting it in on our backs and shit...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I can't tell you how annoying it was at the end of the night trying to get wheeled through the water bottle landmines. I almost got tipped out of my chair on several occasions because one would get caught in the wheel of my chair. So irritating.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I can't tell you how annoying it was at the end of the night trying to get wheeled through the water bottle landmines. I almost got tipped out of my chair on several occasions because one would get caught in the wheel of my chair. So irritating.
    Do you remember the years before they had the recycling? You just basically waded through empty plastic bottles ankle deep at the end of the night...

My first year was 2008, they had the recycling at that time. But it seemed a lot worse this last year, probably because I was closer to the ground lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I'm surprised I didn't end up in a wheelchair after the first few Coachellas. I'm half blind at night and between the bottles and passed out people, oh, and my buzz, the odds were against me...

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Do you remember the years before they had the recycling? You just basically waded through empty plastic bottles ankle deep at the end of the night...
    Oh lord, I think I still have nightmares of having to walk around barefoot at Coachella '99 (at some point, I accidentally broke one of my poorly constructed flip-flops). *shudders*
    COACHELLA 99-01-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12

baby wipes...........i waited 3 hrs ofr a 5 min shower the first day.....fuck it i just baby wiped it for the rest of the festival...who cares your there for 4 days enjoy it without having to wait in line....hit me up

Bring your own drugs.

2012 Coachella & TBA
    2011 Wakarusa & Bonnaroo
    2010 Coachella
    2009 Bonnaroo
    2008 Wakarusa

hahaahhahah

yeah dont be the idiot walking around trying to shoulder bump for drugs, you are going to get arrested and nobody is going to want to risk selling to you

Quote Originally Posted by noolan View Post
    Bring your own drugs.
    2011 will be my first time going to coachella, and I'm planning on going in Hunter S. Thompson style.

ha its way cheaper. i was expectings there to be more of a presence of drugs around and i didnt really get that feel at all when i finally got there. did get offered some mescaline though. amazing. need to find it again before next year....
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.

Depends on your luck. I was offered alcohol, acid, shrooms, and some snowballs last year. The campgrounds are classy I must say.
    name's cristina
    + me on last.fm!

Quote Originally Posted by 303dubbin View Post
    ha its way cheaper. i was expectings there to be more of a presence of drugs around and i didnt really get that feel at all when i finally got there. did get offered some mescaline though. amazing. need to find it again before next year....
    Quote Originally Posted by neon bible View Post
    Depends on your luck. I was offered alcohol, acid, shrooms, and some snowballs last year. The campgrounds are classy I must say.
    I’m coming prepared. I don’t want to leave anything to chance.

WHat about the General Store does it have everything I need, In case I forget some supplies?

Look at my Thursday, 2010 picture thread in my sig below. There are pictures of the General Store and it should give you a fine idea of what they had and should have again.

WHat about the General Store does it have everything I need, In case I forget some supplies?
    Everything you need, not necessarily everything you want.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Can you also buy beer and booze in the general store if I run out?

i did not see any booze being sold at the General Store or any other place other than inside the Polo Fields.

Does anyone know if they sell Beer or booze on the camp grounds?

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

No.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

No one knows.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Can you also buy beer and booze in the general store if I run out?
    get up early and get on the shuttle bus to Ralph's and get more beer

Thanks everyone for your help with this. This will make things a lot easier.