Page 1 of 19 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Concert Etiquette Thread

Default Concert Etiquette

since there are so many first time concert/festival goers on this board, and we all love to criticize each other...

how about a discussion of concert etiquette?

i will start:

if you are in a crowd watching a show and are smoking...please tilt your head back and EXHALE YOUR SMOKE STRAIGHT UP INTO THE AIR.

Lurker

Default Re: Concert Etiquette

And don't burn the back of my neck with your cig while I am rocking.

And for the love of Coachella, can we all agree that no one can yell "Freebird" at any of the shows. I have had enough of this.

No disrespect to our Southern Rocking Skynnyrd friends, but your time is done.

FREEBIRD!!!
    let's go for a long ride
    i'll show you places you won't ever want to leave

Be friendly to your neighbor!!!

Banned

Beer. Don't spill it on me.

Or I may repeatedly strike you in the head.

E

Ok first time concert goershere you go
    1. Whenever the band on stage is playing a song you like tell the person next to you "I like this song" so we will pay extra close attention to it.
    2. Be sure to sing as loud as you can to your favorite songs, people came to hear you as well as the band.
    3. Don't worry about being attacked with Aidz Needlez you will be magically protected from Aidz all weekend if you watch the Arcade Fire performance in its entirety. (Sorry Caco, this doesn't work if you already have Teh Aidz)
    4. Be sure to wear your Police shirt so when Sting and company make their surprise appearance people will be able to tell you knew it all along.
    I miss Bill Hicks.

haha
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

First rule:

There is no such thing as concert etiquette...This isn't the Met.

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

Be sure to call your friends during your favorite songs then hold up your cellphone so that they can hear a tinny version of Dani fuckin' California, while all the time screaming "CAN YOU HEAR IT? THAT'S THE CHILI PEPPERS. YEAH, FLEA'S JUST CRAZY! I'M AT COACHELLA! WHAT? COACHELLA. YEAH, I'LL SEE YOU MONDAY. WHAT? MONDAY. BYE!"
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

Haaa

haha, i think if you do that during RAGE, you'll get your phone snatched out of your hand and it will be thrown to the stage.
    let's go for a long ride
    i'll show you places you won't ever want to leave

IF you have to "chat" the whole time go to the beer garden so the rest of us can enjoy the music! I don't really understand the people who go to a show ,get as close as they can to the stage and then spend most of the time in conversation(usually loudly). I am tired of moving away from these rude people -why don't they just go to the bar area or the back ? Are they only pretending to listen? I am okay with the occcasional comment but I am getting tired of people drowning out the music! Sorry for the rant but I have been going to shows for nearly forty years and lately this has become a problem. I lke music! Anyone care to share?

old school

Do not eat baked beans, cabbage, or any other food that gives you terrible gas that weekend. Nobody likes a stinky blowing ass in front of them!

DONT WEAR THE SHIRT OF THE BAND YOU ARE GONNA GO SEE. you never want to be that guy.
    CANT LISTEN TO THE BANDS THE DAY OF THE SHOW. this means you are an idiot if you pull up bumpin RAGE on sunday sitting in the parking lot all day with your camo shorts and tank top DRINKIN, SMOKIN and ROCKIN. GO THE FUCK INSIDE AND HAVE FUN. YOU ARE NOT COOL.

if you're in the middle of a big crowd, and people are pressed up against you, don't bitch about it. just leave the crowd.
    I'm a loner Dottie, a rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by joshisgod View Post
    DONT WEAR THE SHIRT OF THE BAND YOU ARE GONNA GO SEE. you never want to be that guy.
    C
    my friend told me the exact same thing as I put a Flogging Molly shirt on before we went to see them. What's with that? I understand thats the "rule" but...why, whats the big deal with being "that guy"

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fasttrack View Post
    if you're in the middle of a big crowd, and people are pressed up against you, don't bitch about it. just leave the crowd.
    agreed unless there's someone with long hair in front of you and it's getting all over...i think in that case it is acceptable to freak out a little bit.
    ugh. it's so gross to be trying to rock out with someone else's long hair all sticking to you and maybe going in your mouth and just being yucky in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by fasttrack View Post
    THANK YOU!!!

I can't believe howmany bitches were bitching while waiting for Madonna to grace the stage with her sorry ass and then continue to bitch while there standing there as still and erect as a clueless penis..."oh my god who's pushing"...in reallity it's a huge concert hug we're all experiencing...and all to find none of these bitches are even getting their groove one!!!

Just made me dance more and throw my booty 'round just a bit...

i just make it a rule because we all are there for the same bands so why advertise. its ok if you buy the shirt there or yours gets bloody or torn off.

I am proud to be the girl who wears the band's t-shirt to their show. Fuck you all who say otherwise. I don't have any band t-shirts from this year's coachella though. I've only seen RATM and Sonic Youth before.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Please do not "boogie" and "bump butts".This kind of thing should be saved for Stagecoach.
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Do not eat baked beans, cabbage, or any other food that gives you terrible gas that weekend. Nobody likes a stinky blowing ass in front of them!
    You're no fun.
    All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye so to them; for this is the law and the prophets.
    Matthew 7:1

If you are sweating profusely (which most of us will be), do NOT remove your shirt then squeeze your way into a crowded area. If I have to bask in my own layer of sweat, there's no need to add yours as well. This goes double for you men who have incredibly hairy chests and/or backs.
    I'm starving... let's get some f*ckin french toast!

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    agreed unless there's someone with long hair in front of you and it's getting all over...i think in that case it is acceptable to freak out a little bit.
    ugh. it's so gross to be trying to rock out with someone else's long hair all sticking to you and maybe going in your mouth and just being yucky in general.
    Some ahole at a concert was doing that to me once--flinging his long stupid hair exentions into my face and mouth; so I put about 10 pieces of gum in my mouth, chewed the whole wad up, and then squished the whole wad into his fake nappy hair.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

DONT CLAP DURING ARCADE FIRE'S SET
    I MEAN IT
    ive seen videos where people do it and it is just horrendous
    as predicted by nostradamus

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

i was at ratatat and this girl with EXTREMELY long hair was getting it all over me so i just grabbed it and flipped it over her shoulder. she was surprised, to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

As fine a a pit (i do not use the term "mosh"..i'm old school punk rock) can be, do not be the asshole that is unaware of it's natural boundaries and tries to include everyone around it. Just because you are in a pit, does not mean you are to lose absolute control.

Same goes for the BIG dancer who has to dance in more space that he or she has been allocated by the crowd. When you start bumping someone out of their space to make room for your getting on of the groove, you are an asshole.

Do not play karate with your friends while a band is performing.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

If you dont like the band, go someplace else. Dont be the wankers that stand there hurling abuse at someone elses favourite band.
    If you dont like the beer, dont drink it, and dont get all self righteous about how you wouldnt drink Heineken if it was blah blah blah
    Basically no whining, that about covers it.
    Help people up when they fall, thats a biggy.
    Last edited by C0linS; 04-17-2007 at 04:50 PM.
    Pete n Carl made me do it.