Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk Empire

Default Re: Boardwalk Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post

Also Van Alden was so ill that episode.
    Either he ends up lasting through the next episode, or he gets killed like he deserves.

Feels like he's going to go out in a blaze of glory, he can't go back to his job or his house for obvious reasons so he's either going to die or be a fugitive and I don't see the latter providing much of a storyline.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

he's be a badass bootlegger.

oooooh shit maybe he takes the giggling dude (whose name I can't remember) up on his offer? That'd be pretty cool

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DFrank View Post
    I couldnt really imagine a more awkward scene to watch with your mom.
    watching with my dad right now, awkward!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    he's be a badass bootlegger.
    agree. i hope van alden stays around. i think he will; he adds a lot to the show.

i think we finally had to actually see the incest with jimmy and his mom. man, she always plays it so cool.

am i the only one who is sick of margaret? i have always hated her accent, but aside from that, as my dad just put it "they took a smart woman and made her an idiot". that scene with nucky.. she fucking knows the arrangement. why does she constantly act so shocked when shit hits the fan.

and goodbye to the old bear loving man. i hope jimmy doesn't become a heroin addict.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    am i the only one who is sick of margaret? i have always hated her accent, but aside from that, as my dad just put it "they took a smart woman and made her an idiot".
    Yes! What in the hell is going on??? She's always been very pragmatic and has done what she's wanted/needed to do without a bunch of emotional flailings. (Sneaking into Nucky's office to get the ledger and protect him when he got carted off to jail, getting her rocks off with Owen and ordering him calmly to never mention it again, writing off her family for years when it served her, being okay with Nucky probably having murdered her abusive late husband, etc etc etc.)

Now all of a sudden she's like the crazy Christians who believe people who get AIDS get it because they've been bad? Ridiculous and incredibly annoying. What does she expect Nucky to do? I half expected him to tell her it was over between them. I guess she has too much dirt on him for him to do that, but damn.

oooooh shit maybe he takes the giggling dude (whose name I can't remember) up on his offer? That'd be pretty cool
    Mickey Doyle.

Nelson's also going to have to resolve what to do about his daughter.

Could he do that? The whole premise of Mickey's offer was for Van Alden to arrange for "federal intervention"? If that means a bust, I'm not sure how Van Alden could pull that off solo. Alternatively, Van Alden would get caught by the Feds and use the information learned from Mickey Doyle to turn even more over to Attorney Randolph.

Then again, there were a hundred scenes clipped into the preview of the season finale, and I didn't see Van Alden in any of them. So perhaps, he has run off into the sunset.

I thought that discussion between Val Alden and the Nanny explained a lot about his background and why the way he is.

Meanwhile, it looks like there are a lot of court room scenes next week; one with a gavel pounding judge, probably indicating that Nucky is off to jail until next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Also, does anyone else agree that Gillian Darmody's lines are the worst. They are the most unbelievable of any character. "one day soon your son will no longer be a little boy and that it happens just like that."
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Yeah the offer was up to his status as a Fed but I thought he might just turn straight outlaw. I didn't see the preview but based on that it sounds like he's done for. I wonder if he'll go after Nucky or Margaret one last time?

Also, as an aside, Steve Buscemi was on Fallon a few days ago and the Roots played "Knuck if you Buck" as his entry song.

Quote Originally Posted by DFrank View Post
    I couldnt really imagine a more awkward scene to watch with your mom.
    lulz

Geez, Jimmy was not looking good in those final scenes. As much as I'd like to see him try to grow up and take over Nucky's business, I can't resist a depraved downfall into drug addiction, especially in the midst of these recent murders and a splintering relationship with his mother. And Manny is still out there. Poor Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Also, does anyone else agree that Gillian Darmody's lines are the worst. They are the most unbelievable of any character. "one day soon your son will no longer be a little boy and that it happens just like that."

That line was probably meant to be awkward. I think it's just that she's awkward around Jimmy in general. The girl's been abused for pretty much her entire life and Jimmy's the only man she's ever known who she could completely trust, and she clearly is messed up about it.

the woman fucked her son.

that line was awkward, but i like her. her part is so cavalier about everything and she plays it well. "she doesn't keep a wide circle does she". and she plays the lonely, abused, but instigating woman so well. "i know you didn't mean it".

even if van alden doesn't show up in the next episode, he'll definitely be back in some form next season.

Well shit.......

Don't ruin it. Still got 2 hours

Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Don't ruin it. Still got 2 hours
    You dont have satellite? East Coast feeds ftw.......

I couldve even watched on hbogo at 6pm, even easier.

what...the fuck? I dont remember the last time i did a :O for that long.
    Would have liked it if they ended the episode with more of a glimpse of what the setting would be next season.
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

I see absolutely no reason to watch this show in future seasons. Jimmy's character arc (and those of characters around him, especially his relationship with Richard) fulfilled me emotionally, sexually, and intellectually. Dammit to hell.

Totally lame. A fifteenth viewing of the sopranos > this show

wow

Don't know where this show is going to go for Season 3, but I'm definately in.

Also of note, how long before Van Alden hiding out in Cicero, IL has a run-in with Capone?
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    Don't know where this show is going to go for Season 3, but I'm definately in.

Also of note, how long before Van Alden hiding out in Cicero, IL has a run-in with Capone?
    I think you answered your own question. I see lots of potential with Capone. Capone, Waxy Gordon, and Luciano.

In fact, I'm not all that surprised James is gone. Sure! the producers use artistic freedom with the show, but there was no real and relevant person from the era to continue developing the Darmody story around.

Some insight
    With Van Alden having run off to Cicero, is he going to still be in our story?
    Yeah. People who are really students of Mob history will pick up on the fact that Cicero, Ill., is the place Al Capone became headquartered in 1924. So we put him in a place where he theoretically could interact with other characters on the show.

So can we expect to see Al Capone come into his own as a formidable force next season?
    As time goes on. The plan is now is we would come back in season 3 a little further into the future and start to really track Al Capone’s rise and — God willing — through the course of the series. By 1925, Capone was the guy everybody recognizes — the guy in the white fedora who’s firmly in charge of Chicago. Hopefully we’ll be on the air long enough to see that guy. Certainly in [season 3] we’ll start to see Capone on pretty much equal footing as Johnny Torrio in terms of who’s running the town.

You mentioned jumping forward in time for season 3. How long will that be? [Note: Season 2 was set in 1921]
    We’re thinking about 16 months and starting the [third] season around the beginning of 1923, then maybe run through the end of 1923. It was an exciting year. All the people who stockpiled liquor started to run out, so competition between bootleggers became really fierce.

I can’t imagine Nucky is going to be very pleased with Margaret donating all his land to the church.
    I don’t think that will make anybody happy. The ramifications of that will be explored as the series progresses.

And I’m assuming Richard Harrow will continue as a key player?
    Yes, Harrow will continue to be part of the show, absolutely.

So for season 3, I hear you’re looking to add a new character, Bud Matheson, described as a young James Cagney type. Might that be Boardwalk‘s new up-and-comer?
    Yeah. As the ’20s progressed and became the Roaring ’20s, it was very youth-oriented culture. Young people really came into their own, with access to automobiles. They had influence on popular music and fashion trends. We really wanted to infuse the show with some exciting young sexy energy and this guy is the sort of embodiment of that new sort of go-getter who wants to grasp things with both hands. Cagney was a great prototype — the fast-talking brash young guy who wants it all and wants it now.

I'm sure something will pop up with Eli and Nucky again, Eli seems to have a lot of power struggle with being Nucky's bitch. I'm pretty sure it was Eli who wanted Nucky dead, Jimmy didn't seem to enjoy that decision a few episodes back.

Margaret seems to be a religious nut now and it will be interesting to see how she holds Nucky by the balls next season, he will flip out, but she will remind him of what he said he was happy with (the family). It seemed he was immediately back to his old ways the day after the trial. Margaret definitely acknowledges this at breakfast, albeit very quietly.

Interested to see the other bosses deal with their "pups who have grown fangs"

What will happen with Waxy and Ze Jew Butcher? Considering Nucky is in the middle of them both.

WHAT THE FUCK?!

I liked Jimmys character the most. Found out that he acted in an incestuous film with Eva Green. I'm thinking incest is something he demands to be a part in his characters.
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    WHAT THE FUCK?!
    Well, considering Terence Winter said that anyone of historical signifigance will not die until their true time came, Jimmy was expendable. Deal with it.

I WILL NOT DEAL WITH IT

I'm not seeking your not dealing with it! *bam!*
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.