Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dylan-Dylan-Dylan's AZ Restaurant Thread

Default Re: Dylan-Dylan-Dylan's AZ Restaurant Thread

More reviews/mini write ups, less listing plz.

Also, great thread Ivysaur

I hit the chino bandino place with Ally and Tommy, I concur, it is quite tasty. I didn't know you could sample though. I might have to take Nick there this weekend.

Here is my review for Richardsons, when they reopen. The house margaritas are Prickly Pear which are fantastic. The place is pretty small so getting a table can be difficult but I am a fan of just bellying up to the bar and ordering drinks and food. The bacon wrapped shrimp are quite tasty, not quite as good as the ones in Venice, CA but still good. They have awesome food though, I have never had anything there that wasn't amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Has anybody been to the Duck & Decanter? I've heard some people swear by it and some people say it's awful or should I say awfowl? Anyways, it's right by my new place and the outside seating area looks like it could be great for the cooler months.

I think it's overrated and overpriced, personally.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

We use to get lunches catered by them regularly when I worked at Weitz. They have great sandwiches and salads. I have never had anything else from there though.

Have you had Ajo Al's yet? I use to go there for lunch quite a bit too, 16th Street and Camelback. They always had a tasty lunch menu, I always wanted to go back for dinner and margaritas but never quite made it.

D, not sure if you like sushi or not but Zen 32 at 32nd Street and Camelback has great sushi and a great happy hour. I haven't been there in awhile but it was another regular spot I use to hit. This thread is making me hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Mary Coyle is pretty goddamn great for homemade ice cream. On 7th Ave between Bethany and Camelback.
    I had multiple friends in high school who worked at Mary Coyle's.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    D, not sure if you like sushi or not but Zen 32 at 32nd Street and Camelback has great sushi and a great happy hour. I haven't been there in awhile but it was another regular spot I use to hit. This thread is making me hungry.
    Zen 32 closed in late August. It was the best sushi place in Phoenix.

That makes me sad... I also use to like Stingrays in Scottsdale. Haven't been there in quite some time either. It is probably closed too.

Delux Burger

32nd St. and Camelback.

I'm going to go ahead and say the best burgers in town, at least that I know of.

Definitely a little on the pricey side, a burger and fries will run around $15, but worth the occasional splurge. Awesome selection of draught beer. Heard the happy hour is good but haven't been. Open until 2am seven days a week.
    Last edited by Mr. Dylanja; 09-14-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Has anybody been to the Duck & Decanter? I've heard some people swear by it and some people say it's awful or should I say awfowl? Anyways, it's right by my new place and the outside seating area looks like it could be great for the cooler months.
    I love the Duck. It'll be around $10 for a sandwich, chips, and a drink. They also serve beer and wine.

You shoud hit up Zoe's Kitchen for lunch. A lot of twists on chicken dishes with a Greek touch, and all lunches come with chips and 1 side (pasta salad, coleslaw, etc...). They also have bomb chocolate cake.

EDIT-I also totally dig Deluxe, good call.
    Last edited by westcoastpirate; 09-14-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

who DOESN'T love a mini-shopping cart full of fries!?!

la perla cafe
    5912 West Glendale Avenue
    Glendale, AZ 85301
    Phone: 623-939-7561

probably my favourite place to get mexican in the valley. part of that is probably nostalgia, but i love the place. i recommend burritos & enchiladas and not tacos. they do a lot of live music, but you can sit far enough away that you can still talk.

i think it's time for a bad review...

the place
    flagstaff, glendale & phoenix

don't ever, EVER let someone talk you into eating here. it's fucking disgusting and has horrible service. it may be cheap, but it's not worth it. they run out of stuff a lot too.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    who DOESN'T love a mini-shopping cart full of fries!?!

la perla cafe
    5912 West Glendale Avenue
    Glendale, AZ 85301
    Phone: 623-939-7561

probably my favourite place to get mexican in the valley. part of that is probably nostalgia, but i love the place. i recommend burritos & enchiladas and not tacos. they do a lot of live music, but you can sit far enough away that you can still talk.
    The family of one of the guys I graduated high school with owns La Perla. Sundays are the best day to hit up their lounge.

Yum, we used to go to La Perla all the time; I grew up a couple of miles from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

If you are in any way a fan of Chicken Fried Steak, I HIGHLY recommend this place:

Texaz Grill
    6003 N 16th St
    Phoenix, AZ 85016
    www.texazgrill.com

Best Chicken Fried Steak I've ever had, hands down. Better than my grandmas. You'll have to be rolled out and you'll be pretty sure your arteries are clogging, but it's fucking worth it. We used to go there for lunch; for $5.95, you get a giant plate sized slab of steak, mashed potatoes, canned corn, a homemade biscuit covered in gravy.

If you like italian food I recommend Tutti Santis, they have 3 locations but I have only been to the one on 16th Street and Morton. I use to go there every year for my birthday, they are great at handling large parties, the waiters have always been hot italian guys, the food is great and they always brought the whole table a flaming shot of ouzo at the end of the meal in celebration.

www.tuttisantiristorante.com

If you are in any way a fan of Chicken Fried Steak, I HIGHLY recommend this place:

Texaz Grill
    6003 N 16th St
    Phoenix, AZ 85016
    www.texazgrill.com

Best Chicken Fried Steak I've ever had, hands down. Better than my grandmas. You'll have to be rolled out and you'll be pretty sure your arteries are clogging, but it's fucking worth it. We used to go there for lunch; for $5.95, you get a giant plate sized slab of steak, mashed potatoes, canned corn, a homemade biscuit covered in gravy.
    The intersection where Texaz is located (16th St and Bethany Home Rd) is great, now with the new Vig, CJ O'Talley's, Richardson's coming back soon, and the Swizzle Inn. And the Rockerij is right up the road. Great location to eat/drink/be merry.

Does anyone have a good review or feedback on St. Francis near 1st St and Camelback?
    http://www.stfrancisaz.com/

Also noteworthy; the space that the TexAZ Grill resides in was once upon a time the original Carlos O'Brien's.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastpirate View Post
    You shoud hit up Zoe's Kitchen for lunch. A lot of twists on chicken dishes with a Greek touch, and all lunches come with chips and 1 side (pasta salad, coleslaw, etc...). They also have bomb chocolate cake.

EDIT-I also totally dig Deluxe, good call.
    I'm not exactly sure why, but Zoe's Kitchen makes me gag. Like, literally gag. Every now and again I'll go on a whim thinking, hey, maybe I'm just remembering wrong... but no, I usually can't even finish whatever I order.

Deluxe has the best burgers in town by far. Since I don't eat meat anymore, however, that does me no good. Now I go to Fez for their black bean burger, which is DELICIOUS. I'll still go to Deluxe every now and again for their sweet potato fries though. I love the Aioli they serve with them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    It is Joycian (if James Joyce were a Super Bitch).

This may not be a popular choice for many reasons but Z-Tejas. I love this place. The Margs are great and the food is even better. yeahhh buddy

Edit: Delux burger is good. Especially the sweet potato fries. Also check out Mojo's frozen yogurt right down the street from there. yummm

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastpirate View Post
    My 2 favorite lunch places downtown:
    Carolina's on Mojave
    I haven't been to the original location but the North location (Cave Creek and Cactus) keeps me coming back.

Rito's (14th St and Roosevelt,) El Norteno (7th av and Roosevelt) and Asadero (further West and maybe a bit North? I forget) are all top notch Mexican dives.

Mary Coyle is pretty goddamn great for homemade ice cream. On 7th Ave between Bethany and Camelback.
    Damn straight.

Chino Bandido

Chinese-Mexican fusion, phenomnomnomenal.
    Ehh.

Or maybe I need to go back. They seemed alright but nothing to write home about. Nothing I would crave.

Delux Burger

32nd St. and Camelback.

[...]

Open until 2am seven days a week.
    Now this I can get behind. I love Delux and love that they're open until 2 am.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by I.F.A. View Post
    I'm not exactly sure why, but Zoe's Kitchen makes me gag. Like, literally gag. Every now and again I'll go on a whim thinking, hey, maybe I'm just remembering wrong... but no, I usually can't even finish whatever I order.

Deluxe has the best burgers in town by far. Since I don't eat meat anymore, however, that does me no good. Now I go to Fez for their black bean burger, which is DELICIOUS. I'll still go to Deluxe every now and again for their sweet potato fries though. I love the Aioli they serve with them!
    I don't think I had quite the same reaction to my meal at Zoe's Kitchen but it def did not make me want any more. Everything was tasteless.

Fez is a great place, too, and their sweet potato fries are quite something as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

There used to be a Mary Coyle's near Chris-town Mall. Memories. I can't remember the goddamn cross-streets because it ws such a long time ago, but I can picture it in my mind -- 19th Ave and Bethany? God, I'm old.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

That's the one we're talking about, Alzzzheimers.

No it's not, D. The one I'm talking about closed over 20 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    This may not be a popular choice for many reasons but Z-Tejas. I love this place. The Margs are great and the food is even better. yeahhh buddy
    they are dead to me. they got rid of the only item on the menu i liked, their black bean & pork nachos.

i really like keegans on ray & 48th street. it's close to my house and they have a pretty good ceaser salad. i just wish you could get the dinner food all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I have no idea why I just read this whole thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

Clearly you want me to take you out to dinner.

Shouldn't the title be "Dylan! Dillon! Dyllun!'s AZ Restaurant Thread"?