Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Dylan-Dylan-Dylan's AZ Restaurant Thread

Default Re: Dylan-Dylan-Dylan's AZ Restaurant Thread

Brat Haus. Duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

I haven't eaten at Tediberto's yet, but I am extremely intrigued to check out a vegan Mexican food joint. It's close to my work so I'll probably hit it up for lunch sometime soon.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Has anybody been to Tuck Shop? Looks like a pricier version of The Main Ingredient, amirite?

Haven't been. Looks to rich for my blood.
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Has anybody been to Tuck Shop? Looks like a pricier version of The Main Ingredient, amirite?
    It's supposed to be good with really good drinks. I personally haven't been there, but a couple friends have.

FYI, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11am-4pm=$5 bean+cheese burrito, chips, and a beer at Crescent Ballroom. I've been hitting it up pretty regularly on Thursdays.

Some of us will be there tonight. The problem is I can't be there until after 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Some of us will be there tonight. The problem is I can't be there until after 6.
    I was just there! I can't make it tonight, but I hope you have fun!

So looking forward to this. Shitty day, so it'll be great to cap it off with drinks for your birthday.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I like the Coachella package they sent out this year. we now all have a snail.....cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    In 12 more years, that snail will be nice and ready for you to fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post

Chicken & Waffles @ Tuck Shop -- Nestled in the heart of Downtown Phoenix's historic Coronado neighborhood this tiny eatery serves up huge plates of citrus-brined crispy chicken with their airy white cheddar waffles smothered in sweet butter and a generous helping of charred and salted green beans sandwiched in the middle. This is comfort food at it's finest! Make sure your hungry or bring a friend to share this monster sized dish with and don't forget to pair it with a Dark & Stormy made with housemade ginger ale.

Taken from the Best Fried Chicken in the Valley.

Has anybody been to Mrs. White's? I've read and heard horror stories about the customer service, but it's supposed to be the best southern food in town.

Went to Point in Thyme at Tapitio Cliffs for day 1 of restaurant week. $30 for a glass of wine (cheap but ok) any app, entree, and dessert. Service is excellent and the food is good (not great). The filet was seared really good, but it seemed like a cheaper cut of meat and maybe I'm just really picky getting grass fed steaks lately. The cheese grits were awesome. The short-ribs were super tender and had good flavor, while the horseradish mash potatoes could have been spicier. The portions were large and everyone left stuffed. For $30 I'd do it again, but it's not somewhere I would go paying full price. We also went to St. Francis on Camelback and loved it. The ambiance of their patio is really cool for happy hour and the apps we sampled were all top notch.

More to come as I'm taking advantage of this week.

Stockyards: $30 for a cup of chili (very tasty), 8oz prime rib dinner, and pecan pie with bourbon whipped cream. The prime rib was super tender (better than Durants). My complaint is they had a horseradish cream instead of just horseradish so it was not as spicy as I like. The pecan pie was loaded with pecans rather than the normal filling, but very good. It was super dense and nobody could finish their slice. Overall, great value. The other entrees were salmon and buffalo meatloaf.

Cheuvront: A wine bar so great wine and cheese selection. I had the pork belly (really well done and mixed with a lemon sauce), lamb burger (cooked perfectly, but a little too much gruyere cheese since lamb is really subtle. And the frites were not crispy.), and the chocolate bouchon was excellent. The pairing with a light butterscotch ice cream was really damn good. $30 total and an additional $15 with a wine pairing. I would skip the wine pairing and go with a bottle (and a port for dessert) since their selection is much better than the wines they give you with the pairing. Food came out really slow, but otherwise this was a great deal.
    Last edited by Timestretch; 09-20-2012 at 09:34 PM.

I just tried a place out by my work called Blue Burger Grille, it's out at 93rd Ave & Northern, it was so good. They also have one in Chandler, Scottsdale and Pinnacle Peak. I don't usually rave about burgers but the Blue Burger was amazing. Gorgonzola cheese, carmalized onions and applewood bacon, yum. http://www.bluburger.com/

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I just tried a place out by my work called Blue Burger Grille, it's out at 93rd Ave & Northern, it was so good. They also have one in Chandler, Scottsdale and Pinnacle Peak. I don't usually rave about burgers but the Blue Burger was amazing. Gorgonzola cheese, carmalized onions and applewood bacon, yum. http://www.bluburger.com/
    Looks good!. I need to try this place. Speaking of hamburger places, I went to Deluxe last week and got a single roast beef slider with horseradish and au jus before my burger. It was one of the better takes on a French Dip that I've had in Phoenix. I might get a full order next time instead of the burger.

I've also tried out a few new Mexican places. This place, http://www.yelp.com/biz/asadero-norte-de-sonora-phoenix, Asadero Norte De Sonora had great barbacoa and al pastor (pork) tacos. It's on 16th St. South of Van Buren. The pollo dinner was also good and everything was cheap. I'll probably start going here for tacos instead of Condesa.

A week before I went to Marisco's Playa Hermosa also on 16th St (http://www.mariscosplayahermosa.com/). Ate the Shrimp Endiablado. There's a pic on their website. A good portion of shrimp (although overcooked) in a spicy red sauce. I though it was really good, but my friend though it was ok. They also give you a free ceviche tostada and the beer was cheap.

Both of these places close at 8.

Then my favorite was Los Taquitos (http://www.ltgrill.com/) on Elliot off the I-10. Cheap and small tacos. Got the pastor, Asada, and fish (grilled!). Hot sauce was also hot, but still have flavor. I also had an enchilada that was a small corn tortilla with cheese. The sauce was great, but the enchilada itself was underwhelming. Super tasty though.

Awesome. I love getting good recommendations for mex food. Nice to hear Deluxe can put out good food still, they've been getting beat up lately.

I'm going to ShinBay this weekend for a post VD dinner. Google it, 'nuff said.
    Last edited by insbordnat; 02-14-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

went back to Los Taquitos and took pics. Cheese enchilada, carne taco and two pork tacos (no onions). They have a green and red hot sauce that are both awesome. All this and a drink was $7.00.

Tetherball, anyone?

Restaurateur and James Beard Award nominee Sam Fox is no stranger to opening new concepts, but The Yard may be his most ambitious one to date.

See also:
    - Scratch Pastries to Open Phoenix Location in February
    - Old Dixie's Food Truck Finds Brick-and-Mortar Home at Welcome Diner

Teaming up with Todd Chester, a developer with WDP Partners, Fox has redeveloped a 53,000-square-foot space into a multi-use urban dining and hangout lounge. Located at a former motorcycle garage near the intersection of Seventh Street and Montebello in north Central Phoenix, The Yard will feature several concepts, including a third location of Fox's trendy gastropub Culinary Dropout, set to open at 11 a.m. Monday, February 11.

Here's what guests can expect:

Unlike its other locations in Scottsdale and Las Vegas, the latest version of Culinary Dropout at The Yard will feature a massive patio, live music on the weekends, and lawn games like ****-pong, cornhole, and tetherball on a 1,400-square foot turf. The restaurant will be headed up by 29-year-old chef Andrew Ashmore, who has been with Fox Restaurant Concepts for the past four years.

And in mid-March, The Yard will introduce Little Cleo's Seafood Legend, Fox's first seafood and oyster bar. Plans also are in the works to add future merchants to the space.

"We want The Yard to eventually be the place in north Central Phoenix you come early in the morning to enjoy your coffee outside in our yard, meet for a business lunch, return for happy hour on the patio, stay for dinner at one of the restaurants, and then enjoy lawn games as the night winds down," says Fox.

The Yard
    5632 North Seventh Street (just south of Bethany Home Road)
    602-680-4040

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-yard-phoenix-3

Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    went back to Los Taquitos and took pics. Cheese enchilada, carne taco and two pork tacos (no onions). They have a green and red hot sauce that are both awesome. All this and a drink was $7.00.

Los Taquitos is less than a mile from our home. We get food there often. It's pretty good. They had a surge in business after they were featured on Guy Fieri's show on the Food Network. I was sitting in the restaurant waiting for my to-go order a few weeks ago and a group of people came in and asked the counter person to give them whatever Guy Fieri ordered when he came to Los Taquitos. The episode where Los Taquitos was featured is well over two years old. SMH.

Los Taquitos also opened up a second location near 16th St and Glendale.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Tetherball, anyone?

Restaurateur and James Beard Award nominee Sam Fox is no stranger to opening new concepts, but The Yard may be his most ambitious one to date.

See also:
    - Scratch Pastries to Open Phoenix Location in February
    - Old Dixie's Food Truck Finds Brick-and-Mortar Home at Welcome Diner

Teaming up with Todd Chester, a developer with WDP Partners, Fox has redeveloped a 53,000-square-foot space into a multi-use urban dining and hangout lounge. Located at a former motorcycle garage near the intersection of Seventh Street and Montebello in north Central Phoenix, The Yard will feature several concepts, including a third location of Fox's trendy gastropub Culinary Dropout, set to open at 11 a.m. Monday, February 11.

Here's what guests can expect:

Unlike its other locations in Scottsdale and Las Vegas, the latest version of Culinary Dropout at The Yard will feature a massive patio, live music on the weekends, and lawn games like ****-pong, cornhole, and tetherball on a 1,400-square foot turf. The restaurant will be headed up by 29-year-old chef Andrew Ashmore, who has been with Fox Restaurant Concepts for the past four years.

And in mid-March, The Yard will introduce Little Cleo's Seafood Legend, Fox's first seafood and oyster bar. Plans also are in the works to add future merchants to the space.

"We want The Yard to eventually be the place in north Central Phoenix you come early in the morning to enjoy your coffee outside in our yard, meet for a business lunch, return for happy hour on the patio, stay for dinner at one of the restaurants, and then enjoy lawn games as the night winds down," says Fox.

The Yard
    5632 North Seventh Street (just south of Bethany Home Road)
    602-680-4040

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-yard-phoenix-3
    My friends went there the day it opened and loved it. The only spot open in the Yard at the moment is Culinary Dropout.
    Last edited by westcoastpirate; 02-28-2013 at 07:31 AM.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

jen, sounds fun. also sounds like the old montessori near arrowhead. you could grill (their food, you grill) and play volleyball.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

jen, sounds fun. also sounds like the old montessori near arrowhead. you could grill (their food, you grill) and play volleyball.
    Holy crap, I haven't heard anyone mention the Montessori in a long time. Hahaha, we used to go there when I was younger and lived on the westside. I thought they had one in Mesa too.

Oh my god. I just realized the game of p - i - n - gpong is missing the first four letters. HAHAHHAAA

I think there is a similar place in Mesa, called The Monastery. We tried to meet my sister-in-law and her husband there for dinner, but they did not allow children there after 7pm because of the outdoor bar.
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Oh my god. I just realized the game of p - i - n - gpong is missing the first four letters. HAHAHHAAA
    Why is that? What happened in the past on the board where someone had to censor it?

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

I don't get why you're laughing about this. That word being censored is something that has existed for years and I know has been brought up at least like forty fucking times. In what possible world does it deserve all caps laughter?
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

I had way too much caffeine this morning.

I think there is a similar place in Mesa, called The Monastery. We tried to meet my sister-in-law and her husband there for dinner, but they did not allow children there after 7pm because of the outdoor bar.
    That's exactly what it was, it was called the Monastery. They had one in Peoria, Central Phoenix, and Mesa.

anyone know of good places to eat & grab a beer in ahwatukee or on mill with WiFi? i'm at macayo's, but the music is so fuxking shitty. beiber, fun, etc.

i forgot how fantastic comedor guadalajara is. just south of downtown. we went there before birds n' beer at the audubon (also fabulous).

http://www.comedorguadalajara.com/

anyone know of good places to eat & grab a beer in ahwatukee or on mill with WiFi? i'm at macayo's, but the music is so fuxking shitty. beiber, fun, etc.
    I know this is late, but Hillside Spot on 48th & Warner has a huge beer and wine selection. I think the drinks are $1 off during happy hour. I don't know if they have free Wifi.

We've really been digging Federal Pizza, the new place by Upward Projects (Postino, Windsor, etc). Wood fired pizza that is really good. They have the best margherita pizza I've had in Phoenix. Plus they have 10 taps and pitchers are $5 before 5pm. The pitchers are small so it basically comes to $2.50 a beer. It's a loud spot just like other Upward Project locations.